Chapter three

Madame
Please log in to read the full chapter


 

I walked past that store again and as usual, I shot a few glances at the display window and frowned a little seeing some ugly mannequin standing there presenting the new season collection.

''I still think the real thing is way better.'' I hear Yuri say between her bites from her chocolate bar.

''Oh shut up Yul.'' I growl. ''You have Sica to ogle at.''

''Yah!'' Yuri protests and I chuckle.

''Oh wait, you're already doing that.''

''I have nothing to say to you.''

I look at Yuri and she looks at me from the corner of her eyes. I tap her shoulder and exhale deeply.

''So when you gonna tell her?''

''Kim Taeyeon. When you gonna stop pestering me about this?''

''When you stop being an idiot,''

''We are just friends and I like the way we are.'' Yuri answers calmly. ''That's it. Alright?''

''You still wish for something more,''

''Of course but that's just a wish Taeyeon. You won't understand. I'm going to be her friend. Don't you see the guys lining up to ask her out? Someone's gotta be there to protect her.''

''You could do a better job at that by being her girlfriend.'' I frown seeing her expression. ''When you said you cared for me, the same goes for you. I care about you and though it's funny to see you get so shy around her, I really think you should tell her.''

''And lose her forever? No thank you.''

''I swear you are so stubborn sometimes.'' I shake my head, thinking back to the times I've tried to encourage her to tell Jessica about her feelings.

''Speak for yourself,'' Yuri pokes my arm. ''Have you seen Tiffany?''

''Nope.''

Yuri stopped walking and turned to face me. The serious look on her face was no joke.

''With all seriousness and honesty, do you like her?''

''I don't know...''

''Well I think you do. Atleast a little bit.''

''It's confusing for me, okay?'' I gently push her away and continue to walk. ''Things took a strange turn and now I'm just...well, confused.''

''Now you have a chance to date though. She seems like a good catch. Also I'm glad I didn't have to send you to a mental hospital. Looks like things are going the right direction for you. Finally.''

I elbow her ribs and she chuckles. ''Seriously Tae. It was worrying...but I'm sorry about that though. And about yelling at you.''

''It's fine. I honestly felt like going insane some days. But she's way out of my league though.'' I puff out my cheeks.

''Just give it a try. You'll regret later if you don't.''

''She's just...like the most beautiful person I've ever seen.'' I sigh at the memory of Tiffany's smile. ''I don't know if it's my luck or what that I met her after looking at that mannequin...''

''I knew it! Taeng got the hots for an older woman~'' Yuri sings.

''Stop Yul, for real.''

Yuri dodges my attempt to smack her. ''Just waiting for you to admit it!''


 

The words that Yuri said to me left me in a daze. Why would anyone of her age be interested in a college student like me? Was she even interested in girls?

No...focus, Taeyeon!

I tap my cheeks and add the finishing sentences on my notebook.

Yet, I could not get her out of my head.

It was starting to feel like a nuisance because all I could think of was her. The way she looked, the way she talked, it had blown my mind. Totally blown my mind. She was grown up, while I was still this kid in college that still loved her dookong plushie and ice cream along with many other things.

I let out a sigh and gathered up the books on the table to put them in my bag. I headed out of the library and decided to make a stop by the store on my way home.

Oh my god...I'm a total fool right now.

I was secretly hoping to see Tiffany again and pretended to be deep in thought about choosing a brand of good ramen in front of the shelfs. I glanced to my left and right to make sure if I caught a glimpse of her. I exhaled loudly and switched to the other aisle, making sure to look everywhere for her. My phone rang and I got distracted from my mission as I had to dig it out of my backpack.

''Not now!'' I hissed at my best friend on the other line.

''Yah! You little-'' I could hear her protests as I took my phone off my ear and hung up on her. I made a mental note to call Yuri back but now I had to focus on something more important.

Yuri can wait!

''That's a little harsh, don't you think?''

Once I regained consciousness from hearing that voice, I turn around and see Tiffany smiling at me.

''Um, yeah. I-I'm kind of busy right now'' I attempt to smile quickly to hide the anxiety creeping up on me.

''I see...''

I look at the shelf in front of me and close my eyes, feeling the embarrassment spread all over me, especially my face when I see I'm in front of the sanitary pads shelf. I felt my head spin again and I wanted to drop dead right there and then.

''Anyway, hello Taeyeon. How are you today?'' she asks politely. I felt like floating hearing her be so formal with me. For some reason it was really, really attractive to me. And that lethal smile.

''H-hi.'' I couldn't stop the stuttering. ''I'm okay, just came back from the library...studied my off so I'm a little tired. Other than that, I'm okay.''

Tiffany chuckled and nodded.

''H-how about you?''

''Very, very reluctant to go home and start cooking my dinner.'' her smile was tired. ''I'm actually quite tired too. And to think it's only past four.''

''You should take a nap.''

What the hell, Taeyeon?! That's definitely not what you wanted to say!

''To be honest, the last time I took naps were when I was still studying.''

She began to walk and I picked up the gesture to walk with her.

''Oh?'' I forgot about my brain nagging at my stupidity and decided to enjoy this moment with her. I was totally surprised that she had made the move to talk to me instead of me going to talk to her. But I couldn't deny that I was happy about it.

''But now I just don't have time. Unfortunately.''

I bite my lip, thinking about asking her all kinds of questions but I did not want to pry on her life like that.

''I nap all the time. Well, when I get the chance. I usually sleep in class too.'' I blush at my sudden confession.

''Ohhh you're bad.'' she smirked and I felt myself blush even harder at her words. ''What do you study?''

''Boring marketing...''

''Boring, huh? Let me guess, you are bound because of your parents?''

''Yup.''

Tiffany added more stuff to her cart and I watched her read a small piece of paper that I assumed was her grocery list.

''I've gone through that too. It's difficult, but you should go after your dreams if you have any. Your parents could understand that.'' she didn't take her eyes off the paper.

''I think it's bit too late for that now. I'm already in my second year and I'd just feel like all my effort and time would go to waste.''

Tiffany looked up and took a few seconds just to look into my eyes.

''You're still young. You've got time to change.''

''Is...being lazy a good reason?''

Tiffany chuckled and shook her head. ''Wow, kids these days are something...''

''I'm not a kid!''

''Sorry,'' she smiled. ''Didn't mean that in a bad way.''

I was about to say something back when her pho

Please log in to read the full chapter