Choices

As The World Turns

The Next Day (Your POV) [Incheon International Airport, Seoul]

I'm on my way to the airport with Keito and we're about to head out to Italy, where I'll stay for the time being. Suzy is joining us for the car ride, but she won't be coming with me. On my request, Keito is going to release her from any Yakuza activity after we flee the country. Hopefully her career goes on to be very succcessful, she's seen too much for one person. All of a sudden, Keito pulled the car over to the side of the road.

You: "What's up?"

Keito: "There's something you need to know."

Suzy: "I don't think we should tell him..."

Keito: "He deserves to know... Anyways, we'll let her explain the other one..." 

You: "Would anyone mind elaborating?"

Keito: "You were set up. The entire trial and conviction, it was all a set up."

You: "What're you talking about?"

Keito: "Your father and brother were both responsible for trying to ruin you. I can't let you leave the country without letting you know exactly why you have to."

You: "All this... Was because of my own brother and father...?"

Suzy: "Sorry, oppa."

You: "What are you saying sorry about? If anything, I should be thanking you two for telling me."

Suzy: "That's what we're sorry about..."

Keito: "We put something in your heart that wasn't there before."

You: "And what is that?"

Keito: "Hatred."

With that, I nodded my head, acknowledging the fact. I didn't have any hate or anger in my heart prior to now, and all I could truly think about was how much I needed my revenge. All of this, it was done over simple politics. Even worse, it was with people who were actually my family. I ordered Keito to turn the car around, I had loose ends to tie up before I left the country. As we rode to our destination, all I could run through my head was...

God will give me justice...

Thirty Minutes Later [SNSD's Dorm, Seoul]

We made our way to SNSD's dorm because I wanted to make sure they were all safe. My brother knows that I have connections with them, so they're in danger even if I'm not here. So, I decided I would personally protect them from any dangers. Arriving there, I rang the doorbell and Yuri was the one to answer it.

Yuri: "Oppa! What are you doing here? I thought you already fled the country?"

You: "Change of plans."

Yuri: "Oh. But won't you be caught by the police?"

Keito: "His name has been cleared thanks to our hackers. As far as anybody knows, he's an innocent man in the eyes of the government."

You: "And I'm protected by double-jeopardy."

Yuri: "Wow. You guys really thought this out..."

You: "Is everyone here?"

Yuri: "Yup. But Jessica hasn't spoken to a person since yesterday. She's just in her room."

You: "Get the other girls here and I'll talk to Jessica when I'm done talking to them."

Yuri: "Okay, oppa."

Yuri then went on to call all of her group members. While she did that, Keito, Suzy, and I sat down in their living room and waited for everyone to assemble. When they had come to the living room, all of the girls were excited to see that I had gotten out of jail. Of course, Taeyeon looked the most cautious as to why I was here, and how I had actually gotten free.

Taeyeon: "Are you sure they can't put you back in jail?"

You: "Not legally."

Taeyeon: "Just make sure my girls can't be thrown in jail because of your stupidity."

You: "I wouldn't let that happen."

Tiffany: "Oppa! So why have you come back?"

You: "Unfinished business. "

Hyoyeon: "Business? That's the only reason?"

You: "It's complicated."

Seohyun: "I thought you were going to flee the country..."

Taeyeon: "WHAT!?"

You: "You heard her."

Keito: "Control your arrogance..."

You: "Shut it. I'm thinking."

Taeyeon: "You were just going to leave? And how is maknae the only one who knows this?"

Yuri: "I do too..."

Taeyeon: "Wait! What? Who else knows this?"

Taeyeon quickly surveyed everyone else. Likewise, only Yuri, Seohyun, Keito, and Suzy actually knew that I would be leaving the country. All of the other girls' faces were of mixed emotions ranging from anger to sadness.

Yoona: "But why oppa?"

You: "To protect all of you."

Yoona: "Protect us? From what?"

You: "From those that are going after me."

Sunny: "From your enemies?"

You: "Exactly."

Tiffany: "Then why have you come back? Won't we be in danger?"

You: "You'd be in even more danger if I was gone, so I decided to stay."

Keito: "You're a bad liar."

You: "What did you say!?"

Keito: "You heard me..."

Tiffany: "We all know, oppa. You came back because you couldn't stand being away from her for too long..."

Taeyeon: "Go to her, she's been in her room all day. She cried all last night after she got that letter from you."

Yoona: "We'll wait for you two to come out."

Leaving the group of people, I made my way to Jessica's room. Knocking on the door, I recieved no answer so I decided to enter anyways. Walking into the room, I saw that she was still in bed and I could clearly see the tear stains on her pillow and the smeared make up on her face. I layed on the bed with her and hugged her.

Jessica: "Stop... I don't want to talk to anyone..."

You: "Even me?"

Recognizing my voice, Jessica spun around to see if it was true. Seeing my face, I saw her face brighten up ten fold and her beautiful smile showed itself once again.

Jessica: "Oppa?"

You: "Hey there..."

Jessica: "Am I dreaming?"

You: "You tell me..."

I gave her a small peck on the lips. Knowing she wasn't dreaming, her smile got even bigger.

Jessica: "I thought you were in prison... I thought you were dying..."

You: "I found a way out..."

Jessica: "I was so afraid..."

You: "So was I..."

Jessica: "Let's run away. We can go far away from everything."

You: "Where to?"

Jessica: "Anywhere, just as long as I'm with you."

You: "And just leave this world behind?"

Jessica: "They can have the world, we'll create our own."

You: "How do we do that?"

Jessica: "Love will find a way."

You: "We'll run away after I finish things here..."

Jessica: "What things?"

You: "I have to... get..."

Jessica: "Get what?"

You: "Revenge..."

Jessica: "Let it go, oppa. You don't need to worry about them anymore..."

You: "I can't..."

Jessica: "Oppa, you're letting your pride blind you."

You: "It's all I have..."

Jessica: "No, you have me. Remember?"

You: "I do."

Jessica; "Then let's run away. Just the three of us."

You: "The three of us?"

Then, Jessica took one of my hands and placed it over her abdomen. At first, I was lost, but looking into her eyes I knew exactly what she meant. She was pregnant...

You: "You don't mean..."

Jessica: "I'm pregnant oppa..."

You: "I almost left my own child..."

Pulling her into a hug, I held on to her like it was our last day on Earth. In this moment, I couldn't be happier with how my life was. Even though, I still needed to fix the loose ends of my life. I had even more motivation, I couldn't risk my child being born into a life where there was someone who wanted my head.

You: "After I make sure everything is safe for the baby, we can run away to anywhere that you'd like."

Jessica: "Promise?"

You: "Yes."

At The Same Time (3rd Person POV) [SNSD's Dorm, Seoul]

While you were talking with Jessica, everyone in the living room was going over exactly what to expect in the coming weeks because of your vendetta. As a matter of fact, they were all prepared to help you in any way possible because it meant that there would finally be peace in their lives. 

Keito: "This will be nothing short of all out war."

Suzy: "How sure are you?"

Keito: "I know him. He's not going to stop until he kills them with his own hands."

Taeyeon: "He's still so cruel..."

Keito: "That's what's made him successful. So, without the rage to win, he'd be nothing."

Tiffany: "What can he win by killing his own father and brother?"

Unbeknownst to everyone, you and Jessica had walked in together at this moment.

You: "I'd find peace."

Keito: "You're back..."

Sunny: "And Sicas actually alive!"

Keito: "Now, back to what we were talking about."

Tiffany: "Oppa, how can there be peace when you've killed someone?"

You: "Because they want me dead. In turn, they want you all dead as well. What's even more unacceptable, they want my family dead."

Yoona: "That's sweet oppa..."

Seohyun: "You really consider us family?"

You: "Not exactly..."

Hyoyeon: "Rude!"

Yuri: "So, what did you mean by family?"

In response, you wrapped your arms around Jessica's abdomen from behind and smiled as you motioned for her to tell them the news.

Jessica: "What he meant to say was our family..."

Keito: "Huh?"

Taeyeon: "No way..."

Yuri: "She's--"

Suzy: "...Pregnant..."

Even with all the gloom of the situation, the entire room filled with smiles and good feelings as everyone rejoiced over the news. As much as you'd deny it, you were all family at this point. Now, with the news of a baby coming, the family was about to get even bigger. 

11:30 p.m. (Your POV) [Condo, Seoul]

After the entire fiasco of our announcement, Jessica and I went back to my condo. Luckily, I had left everything behind here, so I had no unpacking to do. With some deliberation, Jessica and I decided it would be best if we started living together. We've just finished moving a lot of her stuff into my condo and she's taking a shower right now. As I sit down at my piano, the totallity of the situation really hits me. Unwittingly, I began to play whatever I felt like playing. 

And you, you'll be blessed 

You'll have the best

I promise you that

I'll pick a star from the sky

Jessica: "Pull your name from a hat."

You: "I promise you that, I promise you that."

Jessica: "And you, you'll be blessed."

You: "I love this song."

Jessica: "Blessed by Elton John? I never knew you played the piano."

You: "I don't."

Jessica: "Then how'd you play this?"

You: "I just remembered the tune..."

Jessica: "It's a great song for the baby."

You: "I'm glad that you're the mother of my child."

After I said that, I pulled her in to a hug and held on like there was no tomorrow. Unknowingly, I began to cry both tears of fear and happiness.

Jessica: "Oppa, why are you crying?"

You: "I'm... just... so happy.... and so scared..."

Jessica: "Scared? Of what?"

You: "What if I'm not a good father? What if I'm just like him? What if I'm just like my father?"

Jessica: "You won't. You're a better man than that."

You: "How are you so sure?"

Jessica: "Because you would never stoop that low."

You: "I love you, please promise me. That when all is said and done, we can finally be happy. You, me, and the baby."

Jessica: "i promise."

1:00 a.m. (Your POV) [Condo, Seoul]

Well, at least now I could enjoy some liquor while I look over my balcony. Technically, she was "with" me, so I could get away with a few shots. All I could think of was how badly I wanted to get rid of both my father and brother. I tried to say it was for the baby, but I really just wanted revenge for the life they almost took from me. As I looked over my balcony, I heard the voice of my grandfather ringing through my head. 

You know this is a one way ticket.

"What do you mean?"

There's only one way this can end.

"I don't get it."

The way you've chosen to handle this, it can only end in one outcome.

"And what is that?"

There's no way out alive.

"Am I going crazy? First, I hear you voice speaking to me and now I'm having doubts about my choices? Do I need medical attention?"

You don't need a doctor. 

"I'm pretty sure I do."

No one else can hear your soul.

"What are you doing in my soul, then?"

I told you, I'll always watch over you.

"You said you'd always be there for me. Yet, because you chose me, I'm in even more danger."

I gave you the power because you were the most responsible. All of this, this is nobody's fault but your own.

"How?"

There were always ample warnings and subtle signs. 

"How come I never noticed them?"

You were always in a hurry to be happy.

"Maybe I was. That doesn't mean I wouldn't notice the signs."

I gave you too much time, now it's too late.

"Why is that?"

You're blind.

"What do you mean?"

You've always been blinded by your pride, but now you're blinded by happiness. Happiness blinds more than pride does.

"How am I happy?"

Your child. You want to finish this by shedding blood because of your child, right?

"Exactly."

Maybe they'd be better off without you anyway.

"I thought you were trying to help me."

I am.

"How would that help me?"

It's so easy to be reckless when you have nothing else to lose.

"You read my mind exactly."

Think deeper, do you really have nothing to lose?

"No..."

Then why are you being so hasty and reckless?

"I don't know."

The real answer is 'I wasn't thinking'.

"..."

Truth hurts?

"It stings, but it doesn't hurt."

You're still young. There's still so much to learn.

"I know."

I was like you before, I know it's not easy to be calm when you have something you love and its in danger.

"I love them so much."

Take your time to think and listen to me.

"From the moment I could talk, I've been ordered to listen."

Did I ever make you listen?

"No."

That's because I believed in you and your choices. Now, for once I want you to listen and to believe in me.

"I do."

Then make the right descision.

"Make it for me."

I wish I could help you more, but that's up to you. I'm here to advise you, not make the descisions for you.

"Then, what do you think I should do?"

What are you really looking for? Is it blood? Or something else?

"Peace."

Peace can come in two forms. Choose wisely.

"What do you think I should do?"

Be humble.

"I don't get it..."

Look at yourself, you look down at all those people in the streets because it feeds into your ego. You like to think you're better than the normal person, but, in reality, you are just like them.

"What does this have to do with my decision?"

You're not Superman. You're just a normal person.

"So what?"

You're going to die one day.

"I know that."

Make sure that your child grows up with a father.