Fading

As The World Turns

1:00 a.m. [Condo, Seoul]

Here I am, still waiting. In the end, there's no other viable option for me to pursue. It's unbearable really, if it weren't for my drive to bring Jessica back, I might have given up and just rolled into a corner. Positivity has never been my forte, but I have never felt like there was no hope. Now, I feel like there is nothing left in this world, now that I have tasted what it feels like to be truly happy with one's life, there is no way I can return to what I had before. All the material things in the world couldn't fill the role that Jessica has played in my life. Even if we had only been together a month, I felt like she has become the one thing I needed to survive, even without the money, the cars, the property, I would be happy with my life. As long as I had her by my side...

2:00 a.m. [Condo, Seoul]

I'm still here, looking over the city lights, debating what it is I should really do, if there was anything I could do. 

Suddenly, I recieved a call from Keito. I don't feel like answering, he's probably trying to check on me to make sure I haven't done anything stupid. I'm a grown man, I don't need anyone looking over my shoulder, I can handle myself.

Reluctantly, I gave in and answered the phone.

You: "What is it?"

Keito: "You're going to love this, our waiting has actually paid off."

You: "What're you talking about?"

Keito: "You're brother just showed up on CCTV at a poker bar and I'm having two operatives trail him everywhere he goes."

You: "Of course, he's always had a gambling problem. Well, why don't you call the units back over to my condo and we can wait for the units to trail him further."

Keito: "I already did. Don't worry, we'll get her back. I know you don't show it, but I know deep inside it's killing you. I'm your friend and whatever's important to you is important to me as well."

3:00 a.m. [Condo, Seoul] 

Keito and the others arrived about 10 minutes after he called and we waited for his operatives to give us any information on where my brother could be holding Jessica. Eventually, we had information that led to my brother going to a warehouse somewhere near the docks. 

Keito: "Are you ready?"

You: "I was born ready."

Keito: "I know that. What I meant is are you going to control the 'Akuma' in you?"

You: "You know that's not me anymore, I've changed. I won't need to tap into that anymore."

After another argument wether Suzy would come with us or stay, I finally constented once again under the condition that she stay next to me or Keito the entire time we were raiding the warehouse.

3:30 a.m. [Warehouse, Docks, Seoul]

We've successfully surrounded the warehouse with units and I've chosen to lead a group behind the warehouse to try to sneak inside without being noticed. Still feeling uneasy letting someone inexperienced be with anyone other than the best, I reluctantly let Suzy join our advance group.

We succesfully breached the rear without any opposition, but as we made our way through the hallway I overheard a conversation between two of the Triads that set me off.

Triad 1: "Man. That girl is cute, I wish I could just get a taste."

Triad 2: "You know what boss said, we have to wait until he gives us permission."

Triad 1: "Are you kidding me? Why would we need his permission to pleasure ourselves, I mean, it's only natural, right?"

Triad 2: "His orders were pretty firm..."

Triad 1: "Come on. If we do it quickly, no one will ever know we did anything."

Triad 2: "Okay... To be honest, I could hardly control myself whenever we're on guard duty."

Triad 1: "Well, come on! It'll be fun!"

Just then, whatever restraint I had on my former personality disappeared and I signaled the other men to tell Keito to launch the attack. In an instant, I took out my gun and headed straight to where the voices were coming from and looked for the two bastards.

After finding my targets, I quickly made my way over and shot one in the head. As for the other one, I shot at his leg making him scream in pain and I kept shooting at his extremidies making sure that he wouldn't die, but rather that he felt as much pain as humanly possible. In his pain, he looked into my eyes and was bewildered at the staunch and cold expression I had on my face. 

Triad: "What happened to your mercy!?"

You: "I'm a lawyer. Not a saint."

Then, I left him in the pool of his own blood and quickly went around looking at every room inside the warehouse. Hearing the gunshots from outside, I knew that Keito and his strike force were on the attack and that they were providing a valid distraction for the Triad. In my bloodlust, I almost forgot that I had Suzy along with me. 

Luckily for her, just when she was spotted by a Triad and backed into a corner, I had come out and beat the living hell out of him. Leaving no signs of life, I made sure to shoot the fool in the head before I continued on my quest to look for Jessica. 

Running through the majority of the rooms, I found nothing that I could care about. Finally, I reached a room and saw a both my brother and Jessica in the room.

Brother: "My, my. I never thought you'd be able to find her."

You: "You thought wrong."

Brother: "I guess I did, but even since you've found her. Did you really think it would be this easy?"

Just then, he pulled out a pistol and pointed it straight at Jessica's head. 

Brother: "My, my. She's beautiful isn't she? She must be, to get through my brother's frozen heart. To bad it'll all go to ruin when I shoot a bullet straight through her head."

You: "You wouldn't."

Brother: "Oh, I would. Unless I get what I want. What are you worried about anyways? You have that other cute number standing next to you, Suzy isn't it? My, you sure do love to surround yourself with beautiful women don't you?"

I saw a change in expression in Jessica that tore my heart out when he said that statement and I immediatley regained the blood lust that had controlled me earlier and I shot the gun in his hand and knocked him to the floor. I proceeded to hit him constantly with my gun and I had absolutely no intention of stopping, at least until he was dead. However, in my daze, I felt a pair of arms pull me back.

Keito: "Akuma, stop it. he's beaten already there's no need to kill him. He's your brother."

You: "So what? I will eradicate him."

Keito: "You said you weren't this person anymore, you said you weren't Akuma."

Brother: "Akuma? The legendary cold-blodded assasin of the Yakuza? The legend has been my brother all along?"

You: "You're lucky Keito was here to stop me. If not, you may have faced the fate of so many other men."

Brother: "Then why not finish me off then? Have you no decency to finish your kill?"

You: "Death is too good for you."

After leaving my brother, I turned to look at both of the girls who had bewildered looks on both of their faces. Realizing what they had just seen and heard about someone they thought was just a simple person, I couldn't help but sympathize with the shock they must feeling. 

You: "I'm sorry girls, I know it must be weird hearing that about me. I'm really sorry that you both had to see that. That side of me is in the past, I'm still the same person you've come to know."

Afterwards, I pulled in to give Jessica a kiss but she pulled away from me. 

Hmmm... She must still be shocked to see all the blood...

One Week Later [SM Building, Seoul]

Things have returned back to normal over the past week, at least with everything outside of my relationship with Jessica. She hasn't spoken to me at all and I've just played it off as shock from all the bloodshed, but I'm starting to think it's much deeper than that. Well, I've been busy at work all week and I haven't had much time to myself, so I figure she'll get over it eventually. At least I hope so...

Seeing as I've been stuck in my office most of the week, I decided to go out and buy myself some lunch at a small cafe nearby the SM Building. 

When i arrived at the lowkey cafe, I noticed two figures sitting in the corner of the cafe. However, one figure stood out amongst the two.

It was Jessica.

Looking at the person with her, I saw that it was that guy Kris from EXO. Not being the assumptive type, I decided to let them enjoy their meal. Guessing that it was just a lunch amongst colleagues, I let them do their own thing. However, what I saw next removed the view of innocence that I had of the two. 

As they were eating, I saw that Jessica pulled Kris in for a kiss on the lips. At this, I lost my temper and made my way over and punched Kris straight across his face. Heated, I quickly glared over at Jessica who gave me an equal glare. Losing her temper too, she lashed out at me. 

Jessica: 'WHAT'RE YOU DOING!?"

You: "The question is, what are YOU doing!?

Jessica: "I'M HAVING LUNCH WITH MY BOYFRIEND. WHAT ELSE WOULD I BE DOING!?"

You: "Boyfriend!? Are you kidding me!? What happened to us!?"

Jessica: "DO I REALLY NEED TO EXPLAIN!?"

You: "It sure would help."

Jessica: "WHY DON'T YOU ASK YOUR NEW GIRLFRIEND SUZY!"

Stunned at what she just said, I just angrily made my way out of the cafe and on to the street. In my anger, I grabbed a random piece of pipe from the ground and began to hit my G-Class with it. After breaking almost everything on the damned car, I called Sung to buy me a Ferrari La Ferrari and to bring it to my location. Arriving in under 2 hours, I made my way to the only place I could get answers.

SNSD's dorm.

2:15 p.m. [SNSD's Dorm, Seoul]

Arriving at the dorm some 30 minutes later, I made my way for the door and rang the doorbell. In no time, the door was answered by none other than Seohyun. 

Seohyun: "Oh! Oppa! What're you doing here?"

You: "I need to talk."

Seohyun: "To who?"

You: "Are your unnies here?"

Seohyun: "I believe so. Everyone except for Jessica."

You: "Great. I need to talk to all of you."

Compliantly, Seohyun assembled her unnies and brought them all to the living room area. As she went to each of the rooms to fetch all of them, I treated myself to some water. Once all of the girls had arrived, Taeyeon was the first to bring up a topic amongst us. 

Taeyeon: "Oppa, do you have a new car? I can hear when cars arrive and when I looked outside I didn't see yours, but I saw a new Ferrari."

You: "Yes, that's mine."

Taeyeon: "What happened to your Mercedes?"

You: "I destroyed it with a pipe."

Hyoyeon: "Why would you do that?"

Yoona: "Mmmhmm... it's such a nice car too."

You: "Girls, is there anything about Jessica and I that I should knwo about?"

Tiffany: "What're you talking about oppa? Jessica said that you two were over."

Sunny: "Yeah, she said so when we asked her about it when we got back."

You: 'How come I'm the only one that wasn't informed?"

Yuri: "Oppa, I'm pretty sure a break-up is a mutual agreement."

You: "And I had no idea that we had broken up."

Taeyeon: "Oh dear. I knew this would happen."

All: "WHAT?"

Taeyeon: "Don't you see? Jessica still isn't thinking straight after the entire Suzy incident last week, so she decided to end it with oppa because she thinks he's with Suzy. So, her being with Kris is justified in her mind because there is no more relationship with oppa. What she doesn't realize is that it was all a big misunderstanding and the reason Suzy was with oppa in the first place was for her own protection."

You: "You're right..."

Tiffany: "Oppa, don't look so down. We'll help you get her back."

You: "Why would I do that? If she can't trust me, what kind of relationship would that make?"

Yoona: "If you really love her, you'd fight for her."

You: "I did fight for her, I even bled and killed for her. In the end, she just left me."

Seohyun: "Don't let it get to you, she's just not thinking straight. We'll help and you guys will be back to normal in no time."

With that, I decided to excuse myself from the dorm. As I was walking out, Taeyeon stepped in front of me.

Taeyeon: "Where are you going?"

You: "Somewhere..."

Taeyeon: "Oppa, don't do anything reckless. Everything is going to be fine."

You: "If you say so..."

12:35 a.m. [Road, Seoul]

After I left the girls' dorm I made my way to a nearby bar and bought nearly $30,000 worth of drinks for me and a bunch of people around me. Now, I'm driving fast on some road outside of Seoul and I can't help but realize that I'm really drunk. My vision is hazy and the world keeps spinning, but I'm numb and all I can feel is the adrenaline from the high speeds. Suddenly, I see police lights behind me and I pull over. 

Police: "Excuse me sir, do you know how fast you were driving?"

You: "How fast?"

Police: "156 mph. That's very fast."

You: "I'm well aware. It's a fast car, that's why I bought it."

After giving me a ticket, the officer didn't even sense how drunk I actually was and just sped off. Afterwards, I found myself still going fast around this road letting the drinks go through my body. Suddenly, I began hearing voices inside my own head talking to me.

Look what you've done.

"What're you talking about?"

You let someone into your heart again and now you're here again. 

"I don't get it."

You're hurt again you fool! Don't you understand? You never should have let her in, she was bad luck from the start. She was bad for you and you know it. You just decided to ingore the lessons form your past.

"I don't know anymore..."

Annoyed with the voice, I pulled out a pack of cigarettes from my pocket and lit one as I continued to drive. Suddenly, I heard none other than Jessica's voice inside my head. 

You smoke?

"Only when I'm stressed."

Why are you stressed?

"Because of you."

Oh, why are you driving so fast?

"To get away."

Get away from what?

"The pain."

You promised me you wouldn't drink without me.

"Doesn't matter now, does it?"

Now you're drunk, smoking, and driving too fast. Why are you doing this?

"Because I want to."

You want to die?

"Maybe I do."

Why would you do that to me?

"Do what? As if my death would affect you in any way."

It would hurt so much.

"Why?"

Because I love you.

"Liar."

Believe whatever you want to. Just please don't do anything reckless.

Just then, in an instant, the road underneath my car disappeared and my car was in the air. Bracing myself for impact, I saw my entire life flash before my eyes. All I remember was the car hitting the ground and rolling with a lot of sharp cracks and screeches to go along with the booming. Just then...

Everything went black....