The Time Between

As The World Turns

3:30 p.m. (3rd Person POV) [Seoul, South Korea]

It's been 6 months since you've left without a trace, and no one knows where you ran off to. Right now, SM is having a luncheon for its idols as a form of gratitude. Jessica is obviously pregnant and all group activities have been halted as she nears the final trimester of her pregnancy. Right now, she is on top of the building reading your letter, the way she's done everyday since you've left. She's crying to herself once again and a man walks out of the building trying to comfort her.

Man: "Sica, what are you doing here?"

Jessica: "I'm just thinking."

Man: "About 'him' ?"

Jessica: "Yes."

Man: "Just forget about him, look for a new beginning. Without him. With someone that loves you."

Unknown to the both of them, someone has come up to the roof looking for Jessica. It's none other than Taeyeon. Seeing the man holding on to Jessica so tightly, she couldn't help but react. 

Taeyeon: "Hey! She's already engaged to somebody!"

Man: "I know that. You'd better remind him of that."

Taeyeon: "He's not here to stand up for himself."

Man: "No, but you're here to defend him, right? Your 'darling' oppa. Don't you see he's abandoned her, you, and all you girls? I won't even bring up what else he's abandoned."

Taeyeon: "Damn you! Don't blame oppa for everything! He's a troubled soul and he's finding his way! And you Sica! Don't you love him!?"

Man: "You leave her out of this!"

Jessica: "No... stop..."

Taeyeon: "Leave this place."

Man: "Why? Is there something you're not telling us!?"

Taeyeon: "No!"

Man: "Are you angry that, like you, I love somebody who doesn't love me back!? He used her and now he's left her!"

Jessica: "No..."

Man: "I loved her!"

Jessica: "Don't say that..."

Taeyeon: "Get out. Now."

The three eventually went back to the luncheon and seemingly ignored the altercation between the three of them. SNSD eventually went back to their dorm and both Taeyeon and Jessica went immediately in their respective rooms. Neither of them said a word, but the other girls could feel a deep burden surrounding the two of them.

In her room, Jessica sat at her table with a lone lamp on. She has a piece of paper and a pen as she looks on the letter you left with tears. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oppa, 

It's been months since you've left. Why didn't you come to me after you got out of the hospital? What's worse is that you left me with only a letter. Now, I'm here writing a letter with nowhere to send it to because you left no traces of where you went. Are you back in the United States? Why haven't you come back?

There's so much to say to you and there's so much more to explain. Do you still care about us here in Korea? Do you still care about me and the girls? We've been preparing for our comeback, but I'm afraid that will have to wait for months because of my pregnancy. Why don't you ever try to contact me? Are you afraid to tell me that you'll never be back?

My mind wanders off to random places, places that I don't even know. I don't understand it, but I know where it wants to be. I've gotten sick of this lonely feeling, but I must wait. There's so much to say and so much to get off my chest. I'm waiting patiently, no matter how slow time moves. Now, you're nothing more than a distant stranger. A distant stranger that I'm meant to complete.

Now, I find myself writing an old fashioned letter with no one to send it to. Only silent words on a piece of paper that will never see the eyes of anyone else but myself. Much like all the things left unsaid and undone between us. 

I know you're out there.

We're meant to be. 

So, won't you come home? 

Come home to me?

With Love,

Jessica

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At The Same Time (3rd Person POV) [SNSD's Dorm, Seoul, South Korea]

While Jessica is in her room writing her letter, Taeyeon is laying on her bed using her laptop. She was severely shaken by the argument earlier and she can't get what she heard out of her mind. Unknown to everyone, she's been trying her best to keep up to where you are and she's gotten a supposed e-mail of yours. Now, she's typing on her laptop as she thinks very deeply to herself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dearest Oppa, 

Where have you been? You left me there in Shanghai after you asked me to join you for the night. After that night, I went back to Seoul not knowing of where you went or even why you did. Was there something you weren't telling me that night? Did you feel what I felt that night? 

Ever since then, I've felt this unnatural pull towards you. Is this love? Did you leave because you were afraid of feeling between the two of us? I remember, that night, you called me "darling". I only want to ask you something "darling", even with Jessica still somewhat in your heart, do you love me? Is there some link between us? If you want to love me, then please don't refrain. 

I've heard from some business men here in Seoul that you've become quite the lawyer once again. You've regained your reputation as the best closer in New York, is it? 

Oppa, I don't know if you ever think of me, but the more I try to forget you, the more you grow in my heart. I know Sica loves you too, but I can't control these feelings. Who is it you truly love oppa? I only wish to know that, if only one thing. With everything you left unsaid when you left, I only wish to know if you feel the same way I do. 

One day, I dream that I'll be there once again, right next to you. Your skin, your touch. Where do begin? There's nothing that can explain the way I'm missing you. Can I lay by your side? If only for a moment. If only to relive that moment.

I think I'm in love with you, and you will never know...

Sincerely,

Taeyeon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Weeks Later : 12:00 a.m. (3rd Person POV) [Hong Kong, China]

Since your last encounter with her, Suzy has gone on to continue her life as usual. However, as Miss A has gone on tour, the stress has been getting to her recently. Concerned with how she's coping with the stress from the tour, Jia, Min, and Fei are taking her out for a round of drinks on their day off in Hong Kong. Like they say, things you say when you're drunk are what you're really feeling.

Min: "Hey, Suzy, you've been looking down recently. Are you alright?"

Jia: "Yeah, are you too stressed?"

Fei: "We should go on vacation!"

Suzy: "No, I don't think it's completely on the stress. I just feel... alone..."

Jia: "Alone!? How? You have us!"

Suzy: "I don't know..."

Fei: "I know! I know! Suzy here needs a man!"

Min: "Yeah! How about some of the cute boys in our company! I'm sure there's a bunch of people who are interested!"

Suzy: "It's okay..."

Min: "No! You said you're lonely! So we'll help you out!"

Suzy: "But..."

Jia: "But?"

Suzy: "I already have someone in mind..."

Fei: "Really? Who? Is it someone in our company? Is he an idol? Is he cute? Does he have hot friends?"

Suzy: "You sound like you're the one looking for somebody..."

Fei: "I'm just trying to test the waters..."

Suzy: "Whatever..."

Min: "Hey! Who is it?"

Suzy: "Someone I met before..."

Jia: "Have you called him recently?"

Suzy: "No."

Fei: "Have you seen him recently?"

Suzy: "No..."

Min: "Have you had any interaction with him?"

Suzy: "None at all..."

Fei: "Wow! You must really love this guy! Hey! How about you write him a letter and ask one of his friends to give it to him? hahaha"

Suzy: "That sounds so stupid."

The girls continued to enjoy their night out afterwards and eventually went back to their respective hotel rooms at the end of the night. While it sounded like a stupid idea earlier, Suzy decided to try to write a letter to have Keito give to you. If only for a slight chance...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oppa, 

First, you left for Jessica. Now, you've gone on without telling anyone where you've gone. Was it what I told you? Did you run because you didn't wish to face me? Jessica has come back to Seoul and her pregnancy has been going well, but you're still gone. Why haven't you come back?

It hurts oppa, and I don't know why. I don't know why I'm in pain, but you not being here is the worst feeling. Even if you weren't mine, I still feel better with you just around. But you've always done things your own way, to your own beat. I guess I love you for that. 

I may not be as gifted as Jessica, but I know I can be better for you. You'll never know the endless night, the rhyming of the rain. Or the feeling of falling behind and calling out her name. Oppa, leave everything. Don't you see what I can bring? Set my sorrow free. Can't you see I'll give you all of me? 

Leave your lover, leave her for me.

But if I can't have you, I'll walk this life alone.

Love,

Suzy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That Same Day: 12:00 p.m. (3rd Person POV) [Manila, Philippines]

In Manila, two people have arranged a meeting with each other and are now in a restaurant talking about the only common ground between the both of them. The people are a older woman and a Japanese man. They've never met each other before, but they've heard several stories about each other. They are none other than your grandmother and Keito. 

Grandmother: "Thank you for meeting me. I know you're one of the few people my grandson trusts."

Keito: "Is that so? I never believed he thought so highly of me."

Grandmother: "And yet, he entrusted you to look after those he loves most, right?"

Keito: "That he did. Why would you want to meet me though?"

Grandmother: "I'm here to ask you to watch over my grandson."

Keito: "Is he not capable of watching over himself?"

Grandmother: "He is. I know that he may be strong physically and mentally, but he is weak emotionally."

Keito: "Are you referring to what happened with her?"

Grandmother: "Exactly. I feel like she's the right one, but you must protect him and those he loves from everybody."

Keito: "Will he not try to protect them himself?"

Grandmother: "He will, but he may fail. I feel much better with you helping him, even if he doesn't know. Will you do it?"

Keito: "Madam, it would be an honor. I consider him something close to a brother."

Grandmother: "And you are your brother's keeper."

Keito: "Where did you get this idea about him?"

Grandmother: "Consider it a grandparent's intuition."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Letter from your grandfather to your grandmother

My dearest wife,

If you are reading this, then my time has already come and my will has been read. As to be expected, I had arranged for this letter to be sent to you in the event of my passing. This isn't a goodbye, we had that already. This is me advising you on our eldest grandson.

When he was young, I felt that he would die young. He's always been very independent, and I doubt he will take guidance correctly if we try to contain him. This independence has led him to create the persona that he is heartless and cold. I've always felt that this would lead to his ultimate downfall, that he would create enemies with such an arrogant attitude. 

I was wrong, he's proven early in his carreer of his ability to handle these problems. In a way, we can rest easy now, perhaps he will not die young. At least, not physically.

Emotionally, I'm still afraid as I lay here awaiting death. He may seem heartless and unkind, but I've noticed that recently that there is a very peculiar side to him. When the boy loves, he loves with all of his heart, there's nothing he will not do for those he loves. That's where his one true weakness lies.

I'm afraid that he will love so much, and his enemies will only try to attack him where he is truly weak. However, it will not be him that will die young.

I'm afraid that it is those that he loves most who will suffer , no matter how much he tries to protect them. He's like a rock they can break themselves against, time and time again. 

-Your Loving Husband

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Weeks Later: 3:00 p.m. (3rd Person POV) [New York City, New York]

In the middle of a law office in New York, a group of men are approaching an office unnanouced. The law firm is one of the biggest in the city and the person they are coming for is the best closer in the city. This lawyer is none other than you, and the group of people are none other than some old friends. They walk into your office and you instantly recognize the obvious leader of the group. 

You: "Long time no see."

Keito: "Good to see you too."

You: "What brings you here?"

Keito: "I came here to check on you. After all, the last time I saw you, you were lying on a bed fighting for your life."

You: "Then why not call? What do you really want from me?"

Keito: "When do you plan to be married?"

You: "Married?"

Keito: "You know what I mean."

You: "No, I don't."

Keito: "So what? You're just going to leave your child without a father? Are you really going to put the poor kid through that? You may not see it now, for some reason, but you are already starting off worse than your own father! What happened to your humanity? To protecting your family?"

You: "I have no child."

Keito: "What do you mean?"

You: "She's pregnant with another man's child. I want nothing to do with her."

Keito: "And how do you know this?"

You: "I overheard it."

Keito: "You damned fool! You're rushing to conclusions again! Did you even try to get an explanation before you left her for 6 months?"

You: "No."

Keito: "And why not?"

You: "I couldn't bring myself to face her."

Keito: "Emotional much?"

You: "Even the heartless have hearts deep inside them."

Keito: "If that's true, then you have to marry her."

You: "Why marry someone you don't love?"

Keito: "Stop lying."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Weeks Later: 10:00 p.m. (3rd Person POV) [Seoul, South Korea]

In Seoul, the city is buzzing over a large movie premiere and all of the socialites of Seoul upper class are showing up on the red carpet. Idols are adorned in their best attire and are more than prepared to show off their riches to the world. While there are several good looking and well dressed people walking the red carpet, one person seemingly makes the entire place halt to look at his presence. Coming out of the Rolls Royce, he adorns a Tom Ford suit and everyone knows this man exudes opulance to the highest degree. Even the most elite of Seoul's citizens are enamored by the emergance of this mystery man. As he walks through the carpet, comments can be heard all over.

Person: "Who is that?"

Person: "I heard he's some billionaire."

Person: "He's got money, the car, the looks. He must have a special girl!"

Person: "If he doesn't, I want to be that girl!"

He was an enigma, and that's exactly what he wanted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Hours Later (3rd Person POV) [Seoul, South Korea]

After the movie, all of those in attendance left mesmerized both by the movie and the emergence of the mystery man. However, three people noticed exactly who this man was. After all, even if he had changed his appearance, six months could only do so much to change a person. Each of these three wanted to act on their realizations, all three had their own motives. After all, all three were madly in love with you. One, however, had extra reasons to chase after you. She proceeded to chase after you at the conclusion of the movie. Little did she know that you were already waiting for her in the car. 

Jessica: "Oppa!" 

You: "It's about time..."

Jessica: "Where have you been all these months?"

You: "Everywhere you can imagine."

Jessica: "Did you not suffer without me?"

You: "Did you not listen to what I told you in that letter?"

Jessica: "I did."

You: "Obvoiously not. Are you to be married to your true love?"

Then, she brought her hand up to your face and revealed that she was still wearing the engagement ring you had given her the day you were shot.

You: "Why do you still have that?"

Jessica; "You told me to marry my true love."

You: "I didn't come here to listen to your lies."

Jessica: "Then why have you come back? Why come back to Seoul now?"

You: "To get what I deserve."

Jessica: "What is that?"

You: "An explanation."