Only You

As The World Turns

2:00 a.m. (Your POV) [Residence, Kyoto, Japan]

Rising from my knees, I lost all prior emotion and quickly grabbed her by the shoulders. Shaking her, I found myself both dumbfounded and trying to find an answer to my ever growing questions. Of all of them, one became most prevalent because it was the most relevant.

You: "How are you alive!? You're supposed--"

Jessica: "To be dead?"

You: "Exactly! I saw you die! You shouldn't be here right now!"

Jessica: "Well, I'm not... It's all thanks to a person who truly understands our struggle oppa... They kept me on life support even when you gave up..."

You: "WHAT!?"

Hearing this, my mind went into overdrive. Somebody had been doing something of this magnitude behind my back for such a long time and I had only found out. Clearly, this person had some kind of alterior motive. Why else would they go through the trouble of keeping Jessica alive behind my back?

You: "Was this the person who spoke to me on the phone earlier?"

Jessica: "Yes."

You: "Who are they?"

Jessica; "I can't tell you that. We had an agreement."

You: "Jessica, I don't care. I won't blame you for your involvement in this mess, but please don't get in my way. This person is obviously using you in some sick joke to get something from me. I don't know why this person would pull such a cruel joke, but I'm going to put an end to this."

Jessica: "Joke!? Is that what you think this is!? I escaped the clutches of death so that we could finally have the life we always dreamed of! It's not them using me! I'm the one using them to get what I want!"

Hearing this, I pointed the gun at Jessica's face once again. Cocking the gun, I made sure she understood how serious I was about finding out who it was that aided her. Not because I wanted them gone because they deceived me, but because they had devised a plan that endangered my family. For that, I couldn't just let it pass.

You: "Jessica, I will not hesitate to kill you if you don't help me find out who this person is. They hurt my family; I can't just forget about that. I'm already ignoring my intuition by letting you live. So, please, help me."

Jessica: "Kill me then! It won't make a difference anyway! You've clearly moved on from me and could care less about my wellbeing! You're infatuated with this fake 'family' of yours! It's not even real! How dare you force my daughter to live under a lie! She's as much my child as she is yours!"

Her statement struck my heart like a sword. I felt it pierce through the very core of my being. Putting the gun down, I softened the tone of my voice. I realized that I was brushing off an issue that was just as critical as finding the person behind this all. It was as if the conversation with Suzy earlier foreshadowed this impeding moment. It was time to lay this to rest. Better now than later. 

You: "Jessica. You have to understand that things turned out this way for a reason. I don't know what ungodly force made us encounter each other in this way, but it's not the way its supposed to be. Perhaps I should have waited, maybe the choices I've made have turned our lives around so much that we were both forced into this situation. I need you to understand that everything is different now. My priorities may be similar, but they're not the same. I have a family now. I know Ava is your child, but she truly believes that Taeyeon is her mother. Everything I do, I do for our daughter Jessica. Don't take my refusal to rekindle our relationship as me taking something away from our daughter. It's the opposite. I'm keeping things this way because I'm protecting her."

Jessica: "How could you be protecting her!? By keeping her from her own mother!? By letting an impostor take the role I played for 9 months!? I have yet to truly meet her and I already love her more than anything in the world! She's my flesh and blood! You can't deny her from me!"

You: "I can and I will. Jessica, there's no need for you to get involved in this mess. Taeyeon has become a great mother for Ava in your stead. She's taken her in as her own flesh and blood. It's almost as if Taeyeon had really given birth to our daughter Jessica, she's taken on that role so well. Even more, she hasn't only helped Ava. She's helped me become a better person. Without her, I'd still be the same reckless man you fell in love with. If she had never taken my heart, I'm sure I would be dead."

Jessica: "But I loved you first! And I'm Ava's true mother!"

When she screamed this, tears flowed out of her eyes as her pitch got louder. Her cries filled the room as sorrow and disbelief engulfed her. As she cried, she constantly hit my chest with a flurry of punches. Knowing her pain, I stood there and bore the brunt of her pent up emotions. 

You: "Jessica... If you really love me... And our daughter... You have to understand the situation..."

Jessica: "What is there to understand!? While I was supposedly dead you went on to love and marry another woman! Even worse you even brainwashed my own daughter to believe that Taeyeon is her true mother!"

You: "Everything I did... I did it for Ava..."

Jessica: "Did you really!? What does falling in love with another woman have to do with our daughter!? Why couldn't you raise her on your own!? You're a capable man! You should've just raised her by yourself!"

You: "I didn't do that because there are certain things a mother can only teach their child. Knowing this, I knew that Ava needed that figure to become the woman we would want her to be. Taeyeon is that person, Jessica. She's the perfect role model for our daughter. She's everything we both aren't... We're both foolish and impatient; she sits and analyzes... We can both be irrational and ruled by our emotions; she doesn't let them control her... Everything she was and is... I fell head over heels for it..."

Jessica: "But why!? I.... Thought... You'd... Always.... Love me..."

Her tone softened but her crying got harder. She rested her forehead on my chest as her tears soaked my shirt. All I could hear were the sobs of a woman who had lost everything... Crying like this, I couldn't blame her... I could only imagine how much this situation is eating her alive...

After five minutes, she looked up at me with eyes red as crimson. The tears kept flowing, but her whining had stopped. She had a stern expression on her face that through me off. I didn't know if she was still aggravated or had she changed her emotions to more favorable ones.

Jessica: "Does she really watch over our daughter like she was her own flesh and blood?"

This caught me off guard. She had turned her tone in an instant. She had gone from a hysterical cry to a controlled sadness. For a second, I thought I had gotten through to her.

You: "W-What?"

Jessica: "Does Taeyeon really take care of Ava as if she were her own?"

You: "Yes! She does!"

Jessica: "Even if she has her own children with you... Will she still love our daughter unconditionally?"

You: "Of course. What's this all about?"

Jessica: "Maybe I'm crazy... But I cam here to steal you and my daughter back because I was still so madly in love with you... Yet, seeing that you and Ava have something good going with Taeyeon... I'm so conflicted..."

You: "..."

Jessica: "As much as I want the both of you for myself... Seeing you happy like this, as a family... It makes me happy as well... If anything... I would hate to see this taken away from the two of you... Even if it's against what I want... What I truly want is for the two of you to enjoy your lives... Even if that means I can't be loved directly by either of you..."

You: "Jessica..."

Jessica: "As long as you're fine... And you're happy... Even if you left me with a promise... And you broke that promise... I'm willing to sacrifice my own desires and my own happiness... Just to see you be happy... I haven't forgotten you and our love... But you've obviously moved on..."

You: "..."

Jessica: "So, please take care of our daughter... I won't bother you about this anymore... I realize that it isn't my place to destroy something so pure and innocent as your family... Even if it's a role of an aunt, can I still be in my daughter's life?"

Once again, Jessica stunned me. It seemed I was not the only one who had changed with time. Jessica went in a direction I hadn't expected and had done even more than I thought possible. Instead of following her selfish desires, she put those she loved above herself. 

You: "Jessica... You are truly a kind woman... Of course you can..."

Jessica: "Thank you... Now, there's something I need to tell you..."

You: "What is it?"

Jessica: "The man behind all of this. He was the one who kept me alive and even planned this whole kidnapping. He's been playing you from the start."

You: "I figured as much... What is he after?"

Jessica: "I'm not really sure. All I know is he has my sister hostage and threatened to hurt her if I didn't do what he said. He knew I wanted you back, but he also knew I didn't want to do it violently. Well, he changed that when he took my sister. He said that if I didn't follow his plans, he'd hurt my sister."

You: "I understand... But who is he? Where is he?"

Person: "Right behind you."

As I turned around, I felt a blunt force hit the back of my head. Falling to the floor, I saw my vision blurring and my consciousness rapidly fading. Before I lost all sense, I heard an exchange from Jessica and the man.

Person: "I can't believe you'd betray me like that Jessica. I thought I made it very clear that I wouldn't hurt your sister if you did what I told you. Yet, here you go spilling secrets about our arrangement. Are you really trying to cheat me out of what I want?"

Jessica: "No! No! I just thought--"

Person: "You just thought you could get what you wanted by having your former lover get rid of me? You'd best remember that I have everything planned to the dot. Even your betrayal, I was more than prepared for that. That's why poor Soojung will have to suffer longer. Oh, and I'm afraid you've become quite the liability. So, I think it's time I handled that problem."

He hit Jessica on her head too. She fell with her face directly in front of mine. She was losing her consciousness too, much faster than me. As she began to fade, I saw a glimmer in her eyes. I felt a feeling in my chest that I had buried so long ago. 

Her eyes screamed for my help...

Yet, my mind rejected the notion. It knew what she had planned to do... It wanted her blood in exchange for harming my family...

But my heart...

Oh, my poor heart...

It all so willingly offered itself to her once again...

For her...

My heart so willingly wanted to toss itself into the flames...

No matter the consequence...

No matter the cost...

If it meant that I would never have to see that desperation and despair in her eyes ever again...


30 Minutes Later (3rd Person POV) [Residence, Kyoto, Japan]

You opened your eyes slowly. Your head was spinning and a ringing could be heard in your ears. Steadily, your senses came back and you were finally able to analyze your surroundings. Opening your eyes, you were in the middle of one of the guest rooms in your home. Laying on the floor, you raised your head and looked around the room. All around you, there were Triad men with masks on and their guns at the ready. Clearly, they were warned not to let you get a chance at their lives. They seemed anxious, almost nervous, for you to make a move. 

Trying to think of a way out, you felt something behind you. Turning around, you saw three bodies laying on the floor right behind you. There lay Taeyeon, Ava, and Jessica. Just as you saw them, Taeyeon began waking up from her deep slumber. As she slowly came to, you went over to her and held her in your arms. When she fully regained consciousness, you began speaking to her. 

You: "Taeyeon, honey, are you alright?"

Taeyeon: "I... Think... So..."

You: "Are you hurt?"

Taeyeon: "My head does... but... where's our daughter?"

You: "She's right here, but she's not awake. Who did this to you? I left you two with Keito. Where is he?"

Taeyeon: "They came out of nowhere. They easily overwhelmed Keito and his men. After they knocked us out, I don't remember what happened. But the person who led the men into the house... I didn't want to believe it... I thought it was all a dream... but--"

You: "Jessica's alive?"

Taeyeon: "How did you know?"

When she asked this question, you turned your gaze over to Jessica laying on the floor near the both of you. Taeyeon's eyes grew wide when she saw Jessica laying there. Her body tensed and clearly she became more defensive upon seeing Jessica, even if she was incapacitated. 

You: "Calm down... She's not the one we have to worry about."

Taeyeon: "What do you mean!? She's the one behind all of this!"

You: "Look around... If she was the one leading these men, why haven't they helped her up? Anyways, I proved it earlier. Someone else is behind this entire thing. Even Jessica still being alive, that was all their plan. They want something from me, but I don't know what."

Taeyeon: "I see... What're we going to do?"

You: "You're going to stay here and watch over these two while I look for an opening. By the looks of it, these men were clearly ordered to stay on high alert while watching me. So, I'm not really sure if I'll be able to come up with anything soon."

Taeyeon: "No."

You: "What do you mean by 'no'?"

Taeyeon: "You're not going to go about this alone. I'm tired of you bearing the burden of protecting our family and I'm left just hoping that you survive. I want to help you. You've been teaching me self defense all this time, I know I can keep up with these people."

You: "Taeyeon... These people are trained killers... It's not as simple as you think..."

Taeyeon: "And you're talking as if you had a say in whether I join in or not. Face it honey, you know you can't handle these men on your own. Without Keito, there's no other back up other than myself. So, are we going to do this together or not? Better yet, it's our duty as parents to protect our daughter no matter what the cost."

As she said this, you heard movement from behind the both of you. Looking over, you saw the other two waking up slowly. Jessica steadily began to regain her consciousness and got up with a fear in her eyes upon seeing Taeyeon and yourself staring at her. However, she was able to relax as both you and Taeyeon focused your attention to Ava who had woken up crying her eyes out.

You: "Ava, calm down. Everything's going to be alright now. Daddy is here to protect you."

Ava: "But... But... They hurt Uncle Keito... A-a-and the bad people can hurt daddy too... I don't want them to hurt daddy!"

You: "Baby, you know daddy can't be hurt that easy. I promise from now on you can stay with daddy so you can make sure that I'm okay. Is that what you want?"

Ava: "Yes... But what about mommy?"

Taeyeon: "Mommy will be here too. It's our job as your parents to protect you even if it means getting hurt. Have faith Ava, we are one family. No one can tear us apart."

When Taeyeon said this, there was an awkward aura surrounding the room. As your family regrouped itself, all Jessica could do was sit there and not say a thing. She could only watch as her own flesh and blood didn't know their true relationship; as the man she loved gave all of his love to another woman. Deep inside, she felt a jealous resent for Taeyeon. However, this was overpowered by an alarming sense of guilt. For once, she saw how strong the bond of this makeshift family was. Her being felt dirtied and impure for ever wanting to destroy something as beautiful as what was right before her very eyes.

As she sat there watching, Taeyeon focused her attention back to Jessica. Going to her side, Jessica seemed to tense up the closer Taeyeon got to her. Clearly, she was afraid that Taeyeon would do something drastic or aggressive. On the contrary, Taeyeon did something only Taeyeon could do. Rather than hit her for the pain Jessica had caused...

She hugged her...

Whispering to each other, they both let out a waterfall of tears...

Jessica: "But... Why?"

Taeyeon: "Oppa told me everything... How you were being used... How it really isn't your fault for all of this... He explained it all..."

Jessica: "..."

Taeyeon: "You expected me to hate you? For all that you've done and all that you wish had happened..."

Jessica: "Exactly... I wanted to ruin what you have... So, why are you being so kind to me? I thought you'd be furious that I'm still alive after all these years..."

Taeyeon: "Jessica, remember that you'll always be my sister. Even if we're not blood related, I've always considered you and the other girls as something similar or even greater. No words can describe how happy I am that you're alive... I've always wanted to thank you... I know you also want what I have, but I want to really thank you... Thank you for letting me have the pleasure of raising your daughter... She means the world to me... I hope you can understand that I always thought of her as my own... I always saw you in her... To me, she's more than my step daughter... For the longest time, she was your legacy... The last memento of the sister I thought I lost all those years ago..."

Jessica's tears flowed more freely after this exchange. That feeling of guilt grew even bigger in her chest as she watched a woman who she had done nothing but hurt hugging her. Taeyeon had no reason to forgive her. After all, Jessica wanted to be in Taeyeon's position. If anything, Jessica had almost wished for Taeyeon's death. Yet, she didn't do anything but love her sister with the love she had kept within herself for so many years. Jessica could only sit there and marvel at how kind Taeyeon truly was. Even when she was wronged, she still looked at the situation in a positive manner.

As they continued to chat whilst you and Ava sat there holding each other, you could only marvel at Taeyeon's actions. You weren't able to hear what they were saying, but it was clear there was no love lost between the two of them. Their sisterhood stood strong even through all the turmoil. 

You: "Taeyeon... You truly are a kind woman..."

Ava: "Why is mommy kind daddy?"

You: "Because..."

Ava: "Because?"

It was at this point that you were at a loss for words. Both you and Taeyeon had made the decision to speak to Ava in an adult form when explaining things to her because she was always very mature for her age. Yet, you didn't know whether to delve into the details behind this certain situation. Being a father, you chose to protect her from the truth as long as you could.

You: "Because mommy was hurt by Auntie Jessica, but mommy gave her a hug and forgave her. Even when Auntie Jessica really hurt mommy, your mother still loved her like a sister..."

Ava: "Auntie Jessica? Is she a new auntie?"

You: "Not really... You've known her for a long time honey... It's just... She's been gone for... a long time..."

Just as you said this, the door to the room opened. Suddenly, the Triad men that were guarding the four of you bowed as someone walked in. The person had a mask on and the dim lighting in the room did little help in hinting who this mystery person truly was. However, it was clear that it was the same man from before. The voice was exactly the same as the one that spoke to Jessica earlier. 

Tensing up, you sent Ava to stay next to Taeyeon. You, Jessica, and Taeyeon all turned towards the man and each of you tried to read anything about him. Yet, he remained an enigma.

Masked Man: "I see that you've all woken up. Tell me, was the rest comfortable?"

You: "Don't play smart with me. What is it that you want!?"

Masked Man: "Now, now. Didn't that traitor over there already tell you what my plan is? Or has her overactive little mouth actually managed to remain shut for once?"

As he said this, he pointed his finger out at somebody. At the end of the tip was none other than Jessica who seemingly shuddered at the sudden attention placed on her. 

You: "All she told me is that you have her sister and you're forcing her to do things she'd rather not do. So, clearly, you're planning something and I think I know what it is..."

Masked Man: "And what might that be?"

You: "You want to invoke the contract drawn up between my grandfather and the Jung family. In other words, you want to complete the formation of the largest business conglomerate in the world. To do that..."

Masked Man: "I need a son of your family and a daughter from the Jung family."

As the two of you spoke, Taeyeon had gone next to you and held your hand. Looking at her, you saw that she had left Ava within Jessica's arms. She looked confused because this was the first time she heard of the agreement. With the conversation devling deeper and deeper into buried secrets, her confusion grew to no end. 

Masked Man: "What's this? It seems your wife doesn't know what we're talking about.... Don't tell you haven't told her something as important as the agreement?"

You; "She doesn't know and she doesn't need to know."

Masked Man: "The truth? Doesn't everyone deserve to hear the truth?"

Taeyeon: "What truth? What agreement are the two of you talking about? Honey, what is it you haven't been telling me?"

Masked Man: "Oh dear... It seems I've let my mouth run loose again... Tell me, would you like to tell her about it or am going to have to ruin all the fun?"

You: "I'll tell her..."

With that, you told Taeyeon everything about the agreement. How your grandfather had planned it all; even how you were supposed to marry Jessica's sister Krystal. After hearing this, she was clearly bothered by the fact that she was kept in the dark about such an important situation. However, she played it off and refocused on the conflict at hand. 

Taeyeon: "So you want my husband to marry Jung Soojung? Then why would you keep Jessica alive all this time? From what she told my husband, you had kept her alive for the sole purpose of achieving your goal."

Masked Man: "After I have your husband complete the marriage with Krystal, I intend on taking that power for myself. However, certain things had to be arranged so that things would run smoothly. After all, we know that your husband would stubbornly refuse to submit to my demands. No matter what the cost."

Taeyeon: "Exactly."

Masked Man: "That is why Jessica is essential to reaching my goals. One, she is a good sister. Therefore, she would do almost anything to protect her dearest sister. Isn't that right Jessica?"

Jessica: "Yes..."

Masked Man: "Two, she is one of your husband's two weaknesses. You know it as well as I do... You feel it as much I as I do, Taeyeon... There's something there... There's something about her that could turn your husband... A power even you could never attain..."

You: "Don't listen to him! He's spewing nonsense!"

Masked Man: "Is it really? Wouldn't you be lying if you said you didn't still love Jessica?  Tell me, if you didn't have lingering feelings for her, why is she still alive? With your reputation for protecting your family... For eradicating all those that would even dare to harm those that you loved... After all she's done to that end... Why did you spare her life?"

When he said this, everything in the room came to a standstill. His argument was absolutely valid, it had no lapses in validity or evidence. Even Taeyeon and Jessica were forced to accept that his deduction was absolutely marvelous. To that end, Taeyeon once again shuddered at the idea of her husband harboring feelings for another woman. 

Piece by piece, he was tearing apart at the foundation you had built over the past three years. No matter how hard you tried to deny it, the man had a point. 

Masked Man: "By the looks on your faces... It seems you realize what I'm saying is true... That being so, we all know that you would gladly do anything to avoid seeing Jessica feel pain..."

You: "..."

Masked Man: "And Jessica, wouldn't you endure anything to ensure your beloved sister is safe?"

Jessica: "Of course."

Masked Man: "So, if I don't get what I want, I'm going to have to hurt some people. First, it will be Jessica. Then, I'll move on to your previous 'family'."

You: "I won't let you hurt them... I will protect them no matter what..."

Masked Man: "How can you say that so proudly when you've failed to do so? How have you been able to protect your family this entire time? They seem to be in this current situation because of your actions... Haven't you been the cause of their pain?"

You: "..."

Masked Man: "Even more so... You couldn't even protect those who weren't as important to you! Look around boy! Where is your dearest friend Keito!? Where are all the Yakuza men that blindly followed your lead to their own deaths!? Haven't you failed to protect them!?"

You: "K..Keito?"

Masked Man: "That's right you single handedly brought your closest friend to his premature death! Tell me, how capable do you think you are now?"

You: "I..."

Masked Man: "Exactly! You're a failure in every sense of the word! Even without my involvement you would selfishly bring pain to those that matter most to you! You yourself are their pain! You are the one hurting the ones you love!"

You: "But... I..."

Masked Man: "But you would never hurt them!? Lies! You can't even decide who you actually love! You say you love Taeyeon, but your heart skips a beat when you're with Jessica!"

Your eyes grew wide when he said this.

He was absolutely right...

Masked Man: "However... There has only been one absolute in your life... And that is your love for your daughter... So, because of that... I will offer you one small ounce of pity..."

You: "... What?"

Masked Man: "If you come with me and follow my plans, I will spare your daughter. Even Taeyeon and Jessica; I will let them live. All you have to do is help my plan come into fruition. For that, you can have all you ever wanted. Your daughter, your wife, and the mother of your child."

After he said that, he made a motion to all the men standing in the room. One by one, they filed out of the room. The masked man waited behind them until the very last one of them left. Looking at me with cold eyes, he let out a small chuckle.

Masked Man: "Doesn't feel nice, does it? Losing? Well, the ball is in your court now. It's up to you to decide whether to save those most precious to you or to remain so stubborn."

With that, he walked out of the room. 

The only people left were you, Taeyeon, Jessica, and Ava. You were in a room full of family and loved ones, but...

You felt so alone... 

Five Minutes Later (Your POV) [Residence, Kyoto, Japan]

I truly did fail to live up to my own promises. 

I told myself that I would protect those who were important to me, but I failed to protect my dear friend. More so, it was because of my recklessness that Yakuza men who were loyal to me had died. If not for me, they might still be alive. Their blood was not on the hands of this masked person. No, it was the opposite. Their blood was on my hands...

I sat there, completely stunned. 

He was right after all...

How could I say I would protect my family? 

If I couldn't even protect my friends?

I sat there, resigned to the fact that I am truly powerless. That my saying what I will do is nothing but bandying pointless words without any conviction...

I looked over to Taeyeon and Ava. Ava was holding on to Jessica clearly lost as to what was going on amongst us adults. Taeyeon looked at me with an almost eager face, she was looking to see what I would do next. Even Jessica, she looked at me with the same eyes as earlier...

In fact, all of them looked at me the same way...

With eyes that saw me as their last hope...

But I shuddered at the burden of being such...

After all...

How could Taeyeon still believe me after she knew the truth about my feelings?

No matter how hard I try to say it's all a lie...

What's the use? 

I might as well confess my crimes...

I love another woman even though I'm married...

Yet, both of them still looked at me with eyes filled with love and hope...

Why would they?

How could they?

How could they believe in me when I didn't believe in myself?

Taeyeon noticed this. She noticed that I didn't have anymore belief in myself. Going in front of me and facing me, she stared into my eyes with a very stern expression. Suddenly, I felt a hand come across my face. She had slapped me. 

You: "Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon: "Don't you forget that you hold more than one life in your hands... Don't you ever forget that Ava and I... Even Jessica... Rely on you as our pillar... As our hope... In you, we hold all our faith..."

You: "But... I'm useless... I can't protect you anymore... He's too strong..."

Taeyeon: "Nonsense! You're not like this! You would never let someone like this person hurt those you love like this! You would never let someone push you around like this! You've never been afraid!"

You: "I'm not supposed to be afraid... But I'm afraid that I'm going to lose you... And Ava... If that happened... How could I live with myself? How could I go on?"

Taeyeon: "Isn't following what he wants you to do doing the same thing? Won't you lose what we have if you follow through with this arranged marriage?"

You: "..."

Taeyeon: "Have you forgotten yourself already? Don't you remember what has made you great?"

You: "...but I can't even hide the fact that I still have feelings for Jessica... How can you trust me when we're married and I still harbor emotions towards another woman?"

Taeyeon put her left hand in front of my face and took off her wedding ring. A smile crept onto her face as she looked at both me and the ring.

Taeyeon: "Don't you know what this means? What this stands for?"

You: "..."

Taeyeon: "It means that we are meant for each other. That we love each other beyond any other love in the world. No matter who, you will always be my only one... my only love..."

You: "...Honey..."

Taeyeon: "So, don't ever think that I'm disappointed or no longer in love with you. Oppa, I'm happy. Happy that you've loved me all these years... If I had any regrets... It would be that I had not met you sooner..."

You: "..."

Taeyeon: "While I may not be your only love... There is one thing I know for sure... Even if I don't have your heart completely... You're still my chosen one... Even when you hurt me... I still love you... No... You're not perfect but you're not your mistakes..."

You: "I'm so sorry... That I put you through this... That you have to endure so much pain..."

Taeyeon: "You still don't understand... This ring doesn't just stand for our love. It also serves as a symbol of our unity. We were meant for each other. Even when we put knives in each others' back, we'll still be there for each other. Because that's how much we truly love each other. That much I know is true..."

You: "Of course..."

Taeyeon: "Honey, if I were to live 1000 lifetimes, I would spend each of those lives looking for love. In each of those lives, my search would end at the same place. Because this ring... This ring that has brought me nothing but happiness... This ring connects me to the man I would gladly fall in love with in each of those lives..."

You: "Taeyeon... I'll never let you go..."

Taeyeon: "I know. Don't ever forget... Together, we can overcome anything..."

When she said this, she placed her hand on mine. Suddenly, I felt something cold in my hands. Looking down, I saw that Taeyeon had kept my precious dagger I had received from my grandfather and a small pistol hidden. She only nodded in acknowledgement that we did have a way out of this mess. With it, we wouldn't go down without fighting to the last breath.

Turning to Jessica, I looked her in the eyes. Walking over, I placed my hand over Ava's head and began talking to her.

Ava: "Daddy, I'm confused..."

You: "It's okay Ava. You'll be alright. No one can hurt you now. I promise."

Ava: "Okay, daddy..."

You: "Good. Now, stay here with Auntie Jessica until I come back okay? Your mother and I are going to make sure you're protected, is that fine with you?"

Ava: "Mmhmm..."

You: "Jesscia, please, watch over her..."

Jessica: "With my life..."

Standing up and holding Taeyeon's hand, I looked at her face.

So calm in the face of danger...

So sure that together we could do anything...

This feeling... It was only Taeyeon that could make me feel this way... With her, I felt safe. I felt confident. With her, I was willing to lay down my life in order to see her dreams come into fruition...

She made me feel so alive...

And she knew this...

That's why she never once questioned my love for her...

Because this path that we've walked on for so many years...

All the things we have endured...

They were proof of our love...

Forever...

As I stared into her perfect brown orbs...

She nodded...

She had heard my message loud and clear...

Taeyeon, I know I haven't been the ideal husband...

But this much I know for sure...

I want to love you with the same love you've given me...

No matter what happens... No matter who gets in our way...

This is what I want...

To be with you... 

Only you...