Caesar

As The World Turns

Unknown Time [Unkown Place]

"Appa! Appa! Wake up!"

Hmm? What's that voice? Someone's calling me. Why are they calling me dad though? It's a little boy, at least the voice sounds like one.

"Come on appa! You promised!"

The kid keeps nudging me, but these sheets are so comfortable. I don't want to get up, I could just stay here forever.

"Honey, wake up. Your son wants to have some fun with his father before you two watch the basketball game later."

Now there's a woman here too? Her voice sounds familiar, but I don't want to make any assumptions. I guess I have no choice then, I have to wake up. Reluctantly, I open my eyes to see a little boy on top of the bed sheets and a woman with her back turned looking into the closet.

Son: "Appa! Yay!"

You: "Hmm? What do you want?"

Wife: "You've got to be kidding me. Why can't you remember what you've promised your own son!?"

You: "I'm too tired..."

Son: "Appa you promised we could have fun hanging out before we watch the basketball game later!"

You: "Oh, okay. I think I remember now..."

Wife: "Caesar honey, why don't you go in your room and get ready? Appa will be out after he gets ready."

Caesar: "Okay!"

With that, the boy left. I guess I have a son, and a wife. I wonder who she is? Turning to look into the closet I realized that she wasn't there anymore. Suddenly, I heard a yell from the master's restroom.

Wife: "Get up already! If he doesn't get what he wants he's going to throw another fit!"

You: "I'm up! I'm up!"

After getting dressed, I made my way to the balcony outside the master's bedroom to have a look at the where I was. Taking in the sights, I saw that I was in Los Angeles. I wonder why I'm here? Then, I made my way downstairs to find Caesar elated to see me. 

Caesar: "Appa! Can we use the Porsche today?"

You: "Why don't you want to use the other cars?"

Caesar: "Because I want to go fast like appa!"

Conceding to his demands, I found a pair of Porsche car keys and we made our way to the garage. Once there, we entered the Porsche and drove out onto the highway to go where Caesar felt like going.

You: "So, where do you want to go?"

Caesar: "Can we go to the racetrack?"

You: "Racetrack? Aren't you a little young to drive at the racetrack?"

Caesar: "No appa! I'm not gonna drive! Appa is!"

You: "Okay, fine. Only if you promise to give appa a gift when we're done with everything today."

Caesar: "Promise!"

We made our way to the racetrack where we went around for a few laps with other enthusiasts. Afterwards, I got a text from my wife saying that we had a basketball game to attend at Staples Center at 7:30 p.m. Seeing as we had a lot of time left, I took Caesar out for some food before we made our way to Staples Center. 

You: "Like your food?"

Caesar: "Mmhmm! It's the best!"

You: "That's good to know. Did you have fun at the racetrack?"

Caesar: "I did. Appa's the best driver ever! I want to drive like appa!"

You: "When you're old enough, appa will teach you how to drive and we can race at the racetrack."

Caesar: "Really!? I wanna race with appa!"

You: "Only if you promise to be a good boy."

Caesar: "Of course! Can I get my own Porsche too?"

You: "Only if you can tell me how much it weighs."

Caesar: "That's so mean! There's no way I could do that!"

You: "Then I guess you don't get a Porsche like appa."

Caesar: "Hmmph!"

This kid, now he's throwing a tantrum because he didn't get what he wanted. I guess he really is my son. I have to admit, even if he's a bit more ecstatic than I have ever been, he's definitely like me in many ways. I just wonder who is mother really is? 

After eating, we went to Staples Center where we were going to watch the Lakers play the Wizards. Once we got to our courtside seats, Caesar became enamored with the nuances of the game. Every little thing that happened, he watched with great concentration and I felt like her truly enjoyed watching the game. When it all ended, Caesar and I made our way home after a long father-son bonding day. 

You: "Did you have fun today?"

Caesar: "Lots! Can we do it more? I mean, when you're not working."

You: "I see no problem with that."

Caesar: "Yay!"

You: 'You really like spending time with me, huh?"

Caesar: "Of course! Appa is my best friend!"

You: "And you're appa's best friend too."

Caesar: "Promise?"

You: "Promise what?"

Caesar: "Promise we'll be best friends forever?"

You: "Forever and ever."

When we made our way home, Caesar was fast asleep. After taking him up to his room and tucking him into his bed, I made my way downstairs to find my wife cooking dinner. Finding this as a great oppurtunity to find out who this mystery woman actually was. Surprising her with a back hug, I tried to turn her around, but she refused.

Wife: "Did you guys have fun?"

You: "We did."

Wife: "That's good to know. Can you do me a favor?"

You: "What is it?"

Wife: "Wake up."

You: "Hmmm?"

Wife: "Oppa, please wake up."

With that phrase, I felt my paradise being pulled away from me. My happy place was being taken away and there was nothing I could do about it. No, this can't be happening. I love it here, I don't want to go back. I just want to stay here, in this space, forever.

2:00 p.m. [Unknown Place]

"Oppa, please wake up."

Talk about deja vu, I feel a soft pair of hands nudging my arms to get me awake. Once again, I reluctantly opened my eyes to see five people staring at me inside some white room. Regaining my senses, I noticed that these people were Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yoona, Keito, and Suzy.

Keito: "It's about time you got up."

You: "Where am I?"

Keito: "You're at the hospital you fool."

You: "Why?"

Keito: "Because, for someone so smart, you sure do stupid things when you're depressed."

You: "What're you talking about?"

Taeyeon: "Oppa! I told you not to do anything stupid when you left the dorm!"

Tiffany: "Now look at you! You've been in a coma for three days and you're lucky to be alive!"

You: "Coma? THREE DAYS!?"

Yoona: "Yes, you've been in a coma the past three days."

Keito: "Lucky you that you had that comfortable bed to use, Suzy and I have been here all three days looking after you without any comfort."

You: "Suzy? Don't you have things to do?"

Suzy: "No, I didn't have anything to do so I decided to accompany Keito sunbae here while we waited for you to wake up."

You: "What about my job? I was working on a case!"

Keito: "And he's back..."

Taeyeon: "Can you stop thinking about your job and just think about how stupid you are!?"

You: "Why do you keep calling me stupid?"

Yoona: "She's absolutely right oppa. You were drunk and driving at 154 mph when you flew off the road and crashed onto the hills. On top of that, the cigarette you were smoking was a foot away from touching the leaking gas from your car."

You: "Car? Oh my god! How's my car?"

Keito: "You're hopeless..."

Tiffany: "Car!? What car!? You destroyed it when you flew off the road!"

Suzy: "Oppa. Honestly, you're really lucky to be alive."

After gaining a grasp of the situation, I realized how fortunate I truly was. However, I still had a multitude of questions. Before I could get to asking, Suzy posed me with a perplexing question,

Suzy: "Oppa, who's Caesar?"

You: "Hmmm?"

Keito: "In your coma, you had random outbursts and you were always calling out for someone named 'Caesar' "

You: "Oh... Caesar.... He's my.... son...."

Taeyeon: "YOU HAVE A SON!?"

Tiffany: "Just when we thought things were going to get back to normal with you and Jessica, you had to pull out this thing..."

Yoona: "Oppa, how many secrets from your past do you have?"

You: "Girls, girls. He's not real. In my coma, I was having a dream where I had a son named Caesar."

Taeyeon: "Oh, that's very cool. Who was the mother?"

You: "I don't know..."

Suzy: "That's no fun..."

You: "Mmhmm... Tiffany? What was that you said about Jessica?"

Tiffany: "We think things are finally going back to normal between the two of you."

You: "Why would you say that?"

Tiffany: "When she found out about what happened to you, she lost it. She thought that you had died and she almost lost it..."

Taeyeon: "She realized how much you actually meant to her, and since she thought you were dead, she thought she didn't have a reason to live..."

Tiffany: "Eventually, she regained her sanity and she actually listened to us."

Yoona: "So now, she actually understands everything that's happened in the past few weeks and she's really sorry for all the misunderstandings."

You: "Why isn't she here?" 

Yoona: "She was busy with schedules."

Keito: "Thank god that you two worked out your differences. With the direction you were headed, I doubt you'd come out alive the next time you decided to do something stupid."

Later That Day [Hospital, Seoul]

Keito and the girls have left since I'm awake now. I've just been laying here in bed thinking about my dream during my coma and how much I wished I could go back. In my dream, I was truly happy and I just hope that one day I could relive the dream, but in real life. While thinking, someone walked into my room with a curious expression.

You: "Jessica?"

Jessica: "Oppa!" 

Quickly, she ran over to my bed side and began hitting me while murmuring words that I couldn't understand. 

You: "Ouch! I'm still injured!"

Jessica: "Oppa! You scared me! I thought you were dead!"

You: "Is that so?"

Jessica: "I was so scared... When I heard the news... I broke up with Kris... because I realized that I really loved you... And I didn't want to be alive... if you weren't with me..."

You: "You really mean that?"

With tears in her eyes, she looked into my eyes and replied.

Jessica: "Every last word."

You: "Do you want to know a secret?"

Jessica: "Okay..."

You: "The reason why I was so reckless that night was because I thought that life without you would be unbearable... So, I decided that being dead might actually be a good alternative..."

Jessica: "Oppa, don't scare me like that again."

You: "Then don't leave me again."

Jessica: "I promise."

You: "I love you."

Jessica: "Promise?"

You: "Hmm? Promise what?"

Jessica: "Promise to love me forever?"

You: "Forever and ever."

Jessica: "Then I love you too oppa."

Talk about deja vu once again. First, I have a conversation like that with Caesar in my dream. Now, I had a similar one with Jessica. When I really think deep about it, I guess my assumption in my dream was right after all. With Jessica back in my life and everything returning back to normal, it only made sense. The woman that played my wife in my dream, her voice was so familiar because it brought me peace and comfort.

After all, hearing Jessica talk was all I needed to feel like the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders...