Three Words

As The World Turns

5:30 a.m. (Your POV) [Hotel, Seoul, South Korea]

You: *panting*

Thank God, it was just a dream, but it seemed so real. It was scary, it was horrifying. What did it mean? I told them what I felt, but they said it wasn't enough. What else can I do? I don't want to say anything that'll make me vulnurable again, but if I keep them at arms length, I'm afraid I'll lose them. According to that dream, I won't even lose them in an emotional level, but on a real physical level. If I don't choose, will I lose all of them? Will they be hurt because of my actions? 

I'm in a fever sweat and my head keeps pounding. 

That dream is eating me alive.

I'll just go back to sleep.

Maybe that'll put my mind at ease...

9:30 a.m. (Your POV) [JYP Building, Seoul, South Korea]

I went back to sleep for about two hours after I woke up because of the dream. When I woke up, I got my things packed and got dressed for a workday. After breakfast, I arranged for a home designer to buy furniture and furnish my new condo and to have my belongings brought to the condo. Now, I'm at JYP headquarters to talk to him about how we're going to go through with the takeover of SM Ent. We're meeting in the company meeting room with some of the biggest shareholders in the company to talk about how much we're willing to spend. 

JYP: "Took you long enough."

You: "Sorry, I was getting some things arranged for my living space. Keito?"

Keito: "Hello, there, old friend."

You: "What're you doing here? Isn't this a shareholder's meeting?"

JYP: "Exactly. You're talking to the two major shareholders in the company."

You: "Is that so? So, Keito, are you up to speed in what we intend on doing?"

Keito: "More than informed. I trust that you'll handle this case personally instead of passing it off to another partner?"

You: "Of course."

JYP: "Good. You have $250 million, go make something happen."

3 Hours Later [Seoul, South Korea]

I spent the next few hours buying any free stock in SM Entertainment and I have a good hold on 7.5% of the company. I'll try to make a few moves and I might have comanding control in two or three weeks. As I finished my work for the day, I got a text from Taeyeon saying that she wasn't busy  and she'd like to spend some time with me. Seeing as I had nothing better to do, I decided a little time together wouldn't hurt. Now, I'm waiting in front of the SM building as Taeyeon is making her way to the car. Funny, in a few weeks time, this building will be mine, or my clients' anyways.

Taeyeon: "Hey oppa!"

You: "Hey there. Busy day today?"

Taeyeon: "Yeah. I'm just glad I have the rest of the day off! What about you?"

You: "It's been pretty hectic, I guess..."

Taeyeon: "So, where are we going?"

You: "Where do you want to go?"

Taeyeon: "Amusement park!"

You: "Really? I don't think it's a smart idea for someone famous like yourself going to an amusement park where so many people can recognize you..."

Taeyeon: "I'll make sure to disguise myself!"

Six Hours Later [Amusement Park, Seoul]

We made our way to the nearest park and basically did what all people do at amusement parks. We rode on rides and Taeyeon wouldn't stop latching onto me everytime she got "scared" on a ride or for any reason she found necessary. Now, the day is winding down and we're about to head home, but Taeyeon insists that we try to win each other gifts at the booths they have here. So, we went out seperate ways trying to win a prize for the other person. 

Looking around, I found a basketball game. It seemed pretty simple, make a shot, you get two points. You need six points to win. Seeing as I played basketball in both high school and college back in the United States, I decided this would be the quickest way I could get a present for Taeyeon. Giving the clerk the fee to play the game, I started with the first of my 5 shots.

First shot goes up.

Miss. You have to be kidding me.

Second shot.

Make. Thank God, I might actually catch a rythm.

Third. 

Make.

Fourth.

Miss. 

I can't miss this one shot, otherwise I'd have wasted my money. 

Fifth one.

Make. 

Barely winning the game, I was just happy walking away with a prize. Choosing a cute little puppy dog stuffed animal, I went around trying to find where Taeyeon was. Being taller than her, it was kind of hard looking around for the fairly small woman. As I continued walking,  felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and before I could blink...

I felt someone's lips collide with mine.

It was Taeyeon.

And she had taken her disguise off. 

Everyone was looking at us. 

In a hurry, I grabbed Taeyeon and ran as quickly as I could towards the exit. Granted, I couldn't run too fast because I still had on my suit from the work day. I just hoped no one saw that and I really need to talk to Taeyeon about that once we get on the road. As soon as we got on our way home in the car, I did just that.

You: "What were you thinking!?"

Taeyeon: "What?"

You: "Kissing me out in the open and what's worse, you even took off your disguise!"

Taeyeon: "What's wrong with that?"

You: "So many things!"

Taeyeon: "Well, I just wanted to show you and the world how much I love you oppa!"

You: "You didn't need to do that... You're the leader of a very popular girl group, you shouldn't be doing rash things like that..."

Taeyeon: "I believe in leading by example."

You: "What is that supposed to mean?"

Taeyeon: "If you love somebody, you shouldn't be afraid to say it or show it in front of everybody... Anyways, how difficult could saying three words be?"

You: "If that's the case... I guess I'd like to say something to you..."

When she heard that, her face lit up because she was anticipating me telling her the three words that would cement what she meant to me. Well, she could keep believing that was what I'm going to say for all I care...

Taeyeon: "What is it?"

You: "I..."

Taeyeon: "You...?"

You: "Think the next time you do something stupid like that, I'll make sure you learn your lesson."

Taeyeon: "You're a prick. You know that?"

You: "Tell me something I don't know."

1:00 a.m. [Condo, Seoul]

I dropped Taeyeon off at her dorm and went back to the office to finish some extra paperwork for the purchase of stock in SM. Afterwards, I made my way to my new condo to finish moving certain things. The designer put together a great layout for the condo and I think I could handle living here. Now, I'm grabbing a drink before I sleep while looking over the new balcony in the condo.

Ugh, that Taeyeon. She's a bit immature and a bit childish at times, but she's the wisest person I've met my entire time here in Korea. I can't get my mind off of what she said because it was so true. 

If I love somebody...

I shoudln't be afraid to show it, to say it...

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid to be vulnurable...

All over again...

But I'd also be lying if I said I didn't want to love somebody...

I'd definitely be lying if I didn't say that my heart was yearning to love just one person...

One Week Later [JYP Headquarters, Seoul]

Work has been hectic, to say the least, this past week. I've had several sleepless nights trying to complete my takeover of SM for JYP and Keito. Even if things are a bit weirder here in Seoul, I've definitely felt like theres no difference because of the sheer amount of work I've had to do here. Without any associates to pass the workload off to, I've had to go through every meticulous detail of this case by myself. I just hope to get this over with, I've been in the office for a good 10 hours now and the only people that have visited me are JYP and Keito. Oh, someone just walked in, must be them. 

You: "Who's there?"

Suzy: "Busy oppa?"

You: "Oh! It's actually really relieving to see you here Suzy..."

Suzy: "Oh, is that so?"

You: "Don't get the wrong idea, I just haven't had a lot of visitors this past week."

Suzy: "You know, a little break every once in a while couldn't hurt. Anyways, you should have told me, I would have gladly kept you company when I wasn't busy."

You: "It's okay, I needed alone time because I'm reading a lot of the bi-laws for business acquisitions here in Korea."

Suzy: "Sounds boring."

You: "Very. So why are you here?"

Suzy: "Oh, just to drop off some mail for you and just to talk."

Handing me the mail, I motioned for her to sit on the couch in my office and I brought out some rum and glasses for us to share over a chat. We continued on for a while and I decided to lay down on the couch because I was so fatigued from the long work week. Next thing I know, I was totally asleep.

One Hour Later [JYP Headquarters, Seoul]

I hear giggling, who's giggling? I was having such a nice nap, but that incessant laughing is making very hard to stay asleep. Last thing I remember was being in my office talking to Suzy, I must have fallen asleep while we were talking. So, that laughing is coming from her?

You: "Suzy?"

Suzy: "Yes oppa?"

Opening my eyes, I saw Suzy sitting across from me with a very big smile on her face. So, it was her laughing. I wonder why? Did I do something funny?

You: "Why were you giggling?"

Suzy: "Oh, nothing. You just look very cute when you're dead asleep."

You: "No, really, why were you laughing?"

Out of nowhere, she handed me a mirror and ran out of the door. Surprised by her sudden exit, I didn't care to wonder why she had given me a mirror. When I decided not to chase after her, I decided to look and see what was on the mirror. Next thing I know, I'm looking at the mirror with my face drawn all over in pink marker. Now, I know why she was laughing...

You: "SUZY!"

Hearing my phone go off, I decided to check who could be sending me a text at this time. 

From: Suzy

Haha oppa, you did look cute when you were sleeping! I think the pink marker drawings made you look even cuter!

Still irritated, I called her and she answered almost immediately.

You: "Why you little..."

Suzy: "What? It's funny!"

You: "For you! Now, how do I get this stuff off?"

Suzy: "It's really easy! All you have to do is say three words!"

You: "And those are?"

Suzy: "I. Love. You."

You: "No."

Suzy: "Well, have fun washing the marker off on your own!"

This girl, I wanted to strangle her for messing with me in my sleep, but I also wanted to hug her and laugh with her about the prank she just pulled on me. 

2:00 a.m. [JYP Headquarters, Seoul]

Since I was rudely awoken from my nap, I've been working at a feverish pace so that I could get everything in order. When I was about to make my way home, I noticed the parcel of mail that Suzy had given me. Wondering what it could be, I decided to open it. 

To my surprise, it was an official document from the SEC here in Korea. Apparently, I had a court order for next week because I'm under investigation for collusion in the purchase of SM Entertainment. How could I be colluding? I had no solid connections in SM that anyone knew about. Well, except for...

Two Days Later 3:00 p.m. [Restaurant, Seoul]

Not being able to make any moves on SM Entertainment, I decided to make an appointment with the only group of people that could be affiliated with me. I arranged a day when all their schedules were clear and I just hope I could find some answers. Now, I'm sitting here in the restaurant I rented out so that all the girls could have their privacy and eat as much as they want. 

Tiffany: "Hey oppa!"

You: "Hey girls. How's it been?"

Seohyun: "We've been well, how come you didn't tell us you came back?"

Yoona: "Forget about that. Where's the food?"

Sooyoung: "What she said!"

I motioned to the servers to bring out the food I had ordered before they came to the restaurant and all their faces lit up with excitement. I noticed even Jessica and Taeyeon looked extremely happy to see the food. We got started with the food and began a nice conversation.

Taeyeon: "So, why'd you bring us here oppa?"

You: "I wanted to talk."

Sunny: "About?"

You: "Work."

Hyoyeon: "Work? Can we not? I mean, we've been pretty busy with our individual schedules nowadays and I'd really just like to enjoy my day off with some food and rest."

You: "Oh, don't worry about it Hyoyeon. I'm here to talk about my work, not your guys' jobs."

Yuri: "What about your work?"

You: "Did any of you girls get anything in the mail about a court case relating to JYP buying out SM?"

Taeyeon: "JYP is buying out SM!? Why would they do that? Who's behind the purchase?"

You: "You're looking right at him."

Tiffany: "Why would you want to buy SM oppa?"

You: "I don't, but my client does. Anyways, did any of you girls get anything relating to the sale?"

One-by-one, each of the girls denied anything to do with the sale. Well, we made our way down the line until we got to the last two. Taeyeon and Jessica. 

You: "Tae did you get anything from anybody about my work?"

Taeyeon: "No, at least I don't think so."

You: "Jessica?"

Jessica: "I did."

You: "What was it?"

Jessica: "A subpoena to testify in court."

You: "I knew it."

Tiffany: "Knew what?"

You: "They're charging me with colluding with someone in SM to make the sale easier for my side. I think they're trying to use my connection with you girls, especially Jessica, to stake that claim."

With that, I left all work related stuff behind and we just talked about life in general. Everyone seemed to enjoy the meal and chat. I had expected some hard-feelings to come out and all that, but none of that happened. Even if things weren't all well, it seemed like everything was almost normal. 

Almost.

Finishing our meal, Jessica had to leave earlier than everyone for a meeting with her parents and the rest of the girls were going back to the dorm. As we walked out of the restaurant, Tiffany spoke to me in English so that most people wouldn't be able to understand our conversation. 

Tiffany: "Do you know where Sica went off to?"

You: "To meet with her parents."

Tiffany: "Do you know why?"

You: "No."

Tiffany: "She's meeting with her parents to disscuss her pregnancy and how she's going to deal with raising it alone. They won't let that happen though, they want the child to be born with a father, even if it's not it's natural father. In other words, they're arranging a marriage for Jessica before the baby is born."

You: "WHAT!?"

Tiffany: "Well, seeing as the actual father of the baby isn't willing to be a father..."

You: "I never said I wasn't willing to be a father..."

Tiffany: "No, you were just afraid."

You: "Of what?"

Tiffany: "Oppa, I know you always fight to win a court case and before you fought through hell and high water to be with Jessica. Now, you're afraid to fight for her, for your child."

You: "Why are you telling me this?"

Tiffany: "I'm sick of seeing you fighting your heart oppa. You need to listen to it, just one more time. I don't know what's running through it right now, but I think it knows where it belongs. Even if you aren't sure, you shouldn't be afraid to say you love somebody."

You: "How do you know that?"

Tiffany: "I don't. I just have a feeling if..."

You: "If?"

Tiffany: "If you don't act soon oppa, you might lose her forever..."

12:30 a.m. [Condo, Seoul]

I couldn't think straight after what Tiffany had told me and I can't even sleep now. I decided that I needed to clear some stuff up about the trial because I could deal with my emotions, but I couldn't control how Jessica will react to the questioning. So, I sent out a text while I looked over my balcony.

To: Jessica

Hey, can you come over?

From: Jessica

Why?

To: Jessica

Let's talk.

30 Minutes Later [Condo, Seoul]

Jessica should be on her way here any time now. Getting out a few drinks and glasses, I made sure that I had some juice for her to drink. Oh, she's at the door. After bringing her in, I handed her a glass of mango juice and walked her to the balcony where we sat down and watched over the city. 

Jessica: "Why'd you ask me to come here?"

You: "Like I said, I wanted to talk."

Jessica: "More like you just needed someone to drink with you..."

You: "Probably..."

Jessica: "What do you want to talk about?"

You: "I want you to be ready for the trial. They're going to attack you on the stand and I might not be able to defend you."

Jessica: "Defend me? What is that supposed to mean?"

You: "I can't protect you on the stand."

Jessica: "You think I can't handle it!"

You: "That's not it."

Jessica: "Yes it is!"

You: "No, it's not."

Jessica: "Then what is it!?"

You: "I CAN'T TAKE IT! THE MOMENT THEY COME AFTER YOU, I WON'T BE ABLE TO TAKE IT!"

Jessica: "Why do you want to protect me now? Why protect me when it's something so simple?"

You: "BECAUSE I WON'T BE ABLE TO PROTECT YOU WHEN YOU'RE MARRIED! I CAN'T WATCH OVER YOU THE WAY I WANT TO! I CAN'T BE THERE THE WAY I CAN NOW!"

Jessica: "So, this is about that... Oppa, didn't you want to be free of me? Why would you be afraid of losing me if you don't share the same feelings?"

You: "I DON'T KNOW! FOR ONCE IN MY GOD DAMNED LIFE I DON'T KNOW WHY!"

We were lost in silence after that, not a word was said for about 5 minutes. We just looked over the balcony, lost in our drinks and lost in our thoughts. Even if she didn't have alcohol, I still did. Suddenly, the silence was broken.

Jessica: "Doesn't this remind you of something?"

You: "What?"

Jessica: "It's like the first night we met..."

You: "You're right."

Jessica: "Even then, I loved you..."

Once again, we were lost in an awkward silence. I just kept drinking and the world became a huge blur. I could barely keep myself awake. All I felt was her hand touch mine and I just reacted by holding on to it. 

This moment, it caused so many things.

So many reactions.

I kissed her, she kissed me back. 

We were lost in our emotions and made our way inside. I found myself pinned underneath her on my own bed as she continued to kiss me. 

Jessica: "Baby..."

You: "Mmmm..."

I moved my hands along her back, unlatching her bra strap. I then moved my hands over to her round .

Jessica: "You're moving so fast..."

You: "I'll slow down..."

Jessica: "Okay..."

I gave in to her. In this moment, everything came back to me. It was like I was reattached with her, as one person.

You: "Baby we should take it too far..."

Just as I was about to pull my pants off, I felt her hand stop mine. Just then, my drunken lust was dwelled down as she pulled my hand onto her womb. That's right, we couldn't do it. She was pregnant, with my child. Understanding her, I just pulled her over to my side and lay down looking straight at her.

You: "You're beautiful"

Jessica: "You're drunk."

You: "I am. But that doesn't make you any less beautiful."

Jessica: "Oppa..."

You: "I don't think I want it to change..."

Jessica: "Don't want what to change?"

You: "Your last name."

Jessica: "I want it to."

You: "Is that it? Are we over?"

Jessica: "No, I want it to be your last name oppa. All you need to do for that to happen is to say those three words."

You: "I..."

Jessica: "Two more words..."

You: "I... can't..."

Jessica: "I see, that's how it is..."

We both just fell asleep and I held onto her in my arms. I didn't think it would last, but she was here in my arms, if only for tonight. Did we both feel the same? I guess, like other things left unsaid and undone between us,  that must be put to rest for the time being. 

Three Days Later [Courtroom, Seoul]

It's been three days since that night with Jessica. We haven't spoken at all since then and now I'm in the middle of my trial. She was put up on the stand earlier and, like I said, the prosecution is using my past relationship with her as grounds for collusion in the purchase of SM. She did very well, but I wonder who they're going to bring to the stand next. 

Attorney: "The prosecution would like to call the defendant to the stand."

Judge: "So be it. Sir, please make your way to the stand."

Taking my oath and walking up to the stand, I sat down to see who was in attendance. I saw Jessica, the rest of SNSD, Suzy, Keito, JYP, and many other people. Putting on my best cold face, I sat down and faced the opposing counsel.

Attorney: "So, sir. You have a reputation of being a cold and heartless lawyer, am I right?"

You: "I suppose so."

Attorney: "You pretend like you don't care. But you do. You care about the people you work with, the people you work for, and you care about every one of your clients. Yet, you refuse to let people know..."

You: "Is there a question?"

Attorney: "I'd just like to know... why?"

You: "You show them you care and they will trample all over you."

Attorney: "Is that so? Yet, there is one person you'd do anything for, isn't there?"

You: "Perhaps."

Attorney: "Is that person Jessica Jung? Would you do anything for her as she would do anything for you?"

You: "..."

Attorney: "Ah.. There's a pause, that means something now, doesn't it?"

You: "It doesn't."

Attorney: "Then, tell me. Do you love Jessica Jung?"

You: "..."

Attorney: "Do you love her? Yes or no? You've done so much for her, even taking a bullet--"

You: "Your honor, this is badgering."

Attorney: "Stop avoiding the question!"

You: "Your honor!"

Judge: "Sir, you must answer the question."

Attorney: "Do I need to repeat the question?"

You: "..."

In this moment, I saw three faces specifally staring straight into my eyes from across the court room and all of them looked anxious to hear my answer. Losing my train of thought, I was just caught staring at one of them and all I heard was the last thing to come from the opposing attorney's mouth.

Attorney: "Do you love Jessica Jung?"