Things Left Unsaid

As The World Turns

3:00 a.m. [Condo, Seoul]

You: "WHAT THE HELL!?"

Suzy: "Hmm? What's wrong?"

You: "THIS! This is wrong!"

How did this happen? How did I let myself go like that? Have I no self control? In my shock, I ran outside to find Taeyeon fixing things up in the condo because all the other girls had already knocked out. However, in my rush, I failed to notice that I was still just in my boxers. 

Taeyeon: "Hey op--"

You: "Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon: "Oppa, why don't you have clothes on?"

Just then, Suzy walked out of the bedroom wrapped in just the bedsheets. Quickly, I saw the expression in Taeyeon's face turn from curiosity to one of understanding and anger.

Taeyeon: "OPPA! WHAT DID YOU DO!?"

You: "I don't know..."

Taeyeon: "YOU'RE A LIAR! YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID!"

You: "Taeyeon... You don't understand... I really don't know what happened... it's all... just a blur..."

Taeyeon: "DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY A BAD PERSON!? BELIEVE ME, I UNDERSTAND THAT WELL ENOUGH NOW!"

Then, I saw her run off to the couches where the girls were all knocked out. Worried, I chased after her, leaving a bewildered Suzy in the middle of the hallway. When I got to where she was, I saw her frantically waking all of her group members up. Resigned to my fate, I decided to sit down and wait for them to all get up.

You: "Girls..."

Tiffany: "... hm... oppa?"

Jessica: "Taeyeon... I'm sleepy..."

Taeyeon: "NO! NONE OF YOU CAN SLEEP. WE NEED TO LEAVE RIGHT NOW!"

At Taeyeon's increased tone, all the girls quickly got up from their slumber, afraid of what their leader might do to all those who disobeyed. However, all of them remained crossed as to why Taeyeon looked so angry and flustered.

Jessica: "Taeyeon! What're you doing waking all of us up!?"

Yoona: "Yeah!"

Taeyeon: "BECAUSE I CAUGHT YOUR DAMN BOYFRIEND SLEEPING WITH SUZY THAT'S WHY! NOW LET'S GO GIRLS! WE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN HE WAS A BAD PERSON!"

Hearing Taeyeon's words hurt me deeply, but all I could do was accept the fact that I made a mistake. For the girls, all of them looked shocked, except for one. All of a sudden, I saw a figure get up from the group and slap me across my face. I guess I deserved that one...

Jessica: "I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME!"

You: "I do..."

Taeyeon: "Liar!"

You: "I do... I just.. don't know,,, what happened..."

Tiffany: "We should have known..."

Seohyun: "I can't believe that someone can be so cruel... to cheat... and worst of all when their significant other is in the same place..."

You: "I didn't mean to..."

Just then, I felt another slap across my face.

Jessica: "HOW THE HELL DO YOU NOT MEAN TO HAVE WITH SOMEONE!?"

You: "I don't know..."

Jessica: "WHAT DO YOU KNOW!?"

Jessica then burst into tears. It broke my heart to pieces and with all of her group members surrounding her quickly, I couldn't even try to explain anything to them. With Jessica crying her heart out, all of the members walked out of the front door giving me cold stares. Just as they walked out, Yoona and Sooyoung went up to me and stared me down.

Yoona: "To think, we were willing to lie to a jury for you."

Sooyoung: "I think jail is going to be a nice place for a person like you."

You: "Girls..."

Just like that, the woman I love and my only defence for my freedom walked out of my door. Realizing just how grave the situation had just become, I decided to go into my room and sleep it off, maybe it was just a nightmare. As I walked past the living room, I saw Suzy waiting by the couch.

Suzy: "Oppa..."

You: "Not now Suzy... Not now..."

I just continued walking into my room. Grabbing a sleeping pill from my bedside drawer, I drank some water and dozed off to sleep.

Unknown Time [Unknown Place]

Where am I? I'm wearing a suit? Wait, it's a courtroom. On my files, it says that this is my prosecution trial. So, I'm having a dream about the trial I'm about to go to. There's something different, there's no jury. All of a sudden, I see the jury walk out of their room.

Jury: "In this case, we find the defendant not guilty of charges of conspiracy in relation to the Yakuza."

I won? I won the case? Excitedly, I turn around to celebrate with those who came to support me. When I turn around, I'm shocked by what I see because there's only one person sitting amongst the pews.

You: "Caesar? What're you doing here?"

Caesar: "I wanted to follow you appa..."

You: "Why?"

Caesar: "Because you need to help umma!"

You: "What's wrong with umma?"

Caesar: "You made umma sad appa!"

You: "Why is umma sad!?"

Caesar: "Because you lied to us appa! You said you loved us but you don't!"

You: "Caesar, appa loves you and umma very much!"

Caesar: "Then why are umma's wrists bleeding? She said it was because appa doesn't love us anymore! Me and umma are gonna go far away from you appa! Appa is a big liar!"

Then, he ran out of the courtroom. Scared by his revelation, I chased after my son. When I made it through the doors of the courtroom, I found myself transported to my bedroom. On the walls, I saw pictures of Jessica and Caesar hung with x's drawn in blood on their faces. In between the pictures, I see the words "TOO LATE" written. Despondent at what I just saw, I made my way for my closet and looked for my pistol. Finding the gun, I pointed it straight to my head.

I've chased the good life my whole life.

Now that I've found it, I've ruined it.

It's all my fault.

I found happiness,

And I ruined it.

You: "It's all your fault!"

*BANG*

The Next Morning [Condo, Seoul]

I woke up to my alarm ringing and my head is profusely sweating. Making my way out of my room, I hoped to find that the fiasco of last night was all just part of my nightmare. Walking to where the girls slept, I realized that everything had actually happened. Suzy had fallen asleep on the couch and was still out cold. Pouring myself a drink, I heard the doorbell ring. Taking down the shot quickly, I went to answer the door.

Keito: "Wow. What happened to you?"

You: "What's wrong?"

Keito: "You look like you're halfway dead."

You: "Maybe I am. I already lost half of me..."

Keito: "What are you talking about?"

Conceding that Keito was really the only true friend I had, I told him the events of last night. At first, he tried to console me, but the turned out bad. So instead, he went ahead and helped me get ready for the trial because I really did feel like I was a walking zombie. 

Five Hours Later [Courtroom, Seoul]

The trial has gone on for three hours now, all we're waiting for now is the jury to come up with their conclusion. Without two of my three key witnesses, I had a very weak foundation to build an argument out of. What's worse, another demon from my past showed her wretched face once again. Ashley was the main prosecutor and I had to try my hardest not to lose my temper as I made my arguments. The entire time, she gave me the same kind of arrogant look I used to give people when I knew that I had won. It was as if everything was going according to her plan, and unfortunately, everything was leaning towards her side. Then, the jury made their way out into the courtroom.

Judge: "Has the jury come to a conclusion?"

Jury: "Yes."

Judge: "Then, go ahead..."

Jury: "We, the jury, find the defendant guilty of all charges of conspiracy and murder."

Judge: "Well then. Now, I sentence the defendant to life in prison."

Then, two police officers came behind me and put handcuffs around my wrists. I turned to Keito and Suzy sitting together, and gave them a nod. Keito returned the nod and they proceeded to walk out of the courtroom. As I was being led out, I saw eight figures staring intently at me. I decided to stop, just for a second. Even if I knew that Jessica was not amongst them...

You: "Girls.."

Tiffany: "You got what you deserve."

Taeyeon: "Liars deserve to be in jail."

Yoona: "Tell us, sir. How long will you be rotting in jail?"

You: "Life..."

Just then, Ashley came running behind us. Obviously here to gloat, I gave her a cold glare and even made a look to warn her to get away.

Ashley: "Wow. Hold the death glares, 'Mr. I Never Lose'. I'm not here for you."

You: "Then what do you want?"

Ashley: "Well, I came to make sure that the drugs I had put inside your Everclear last night worked well enough. I know you're the only one with the kind of alcohol tolerence to drink a lot of that stuff, but I'm sure you had to share some with one of these girls. So, which one did you have with?"

Taeyeon: "Drugs?"

Sunny: "In the Everclear?"

Seohyun: "?"

Hyoyeon: "But the only people who drank that stuff--"

Tiffany: "Were Oppa and Suzy..."

Realizing that I had been set up, I quickly lost my temper. However, I was only able to yell because I still had the guards restraining me from behind.

You: "YOU DRUGGED ME!?"

Ashley: "Oh come on. Remember the first thing we learned in Harvard. 'Win by any means necessary.'?"

You: "That doesn't justify it!"

Ashley: "Well, doesn't matter now does it? Have fun spending the rest of your life in prison!"

She then made her way back into the courtroom, carrying an arrogant smirk along the way. Trying to control my anger, tears began to slowly come out of my eyes. Just then, I felt a soft pair of hands holding the side of my cheek. Unbeknownst to everyone, someone had been watching and listening to everything. 

Jessica: "You really didn't know..."

You: "I told you..."

Jessica: "I told you some time ago that I wanted to protect you like you've protected me, but it seems I only hurt you oppa. Now look, because of all our blind rage. You're being sent to prison..."

Taeyeon: "Oppa... I should've tried to listen..."

Yuri: "WE should've tried to listen..."

I saw tears flowing from all their eyes. In just a moments revelation of the events that happened mere hours ago, all of their feelings of hate and anger had turned to regret and remorse. It was true, had they listened and we had talked the situation the situation out, I might not be in this situation now. These girls, they really care for each other, but for them to care for a person like me, it was a blessing beneath all the pain it has brought me. 

Guard: "Okay. Enough. It's time for you to go to prison."

Jessica: "No! There has to be way! Love will find a way!"

You: "Love. To you, I give all my love Jessica."

Jessica: "What're you talking about?"

You: "You can't save me."

Jessica: "I can find a way!"

You: "No you can't, blood is on my hands. Now, I must pay."

Jessica: "No! I don't accept!"

I gave her a small kiss on the cheek and let the guards pull me away.

You: "Bye girls..."

Just like that, I had to say goodbye to the family that I had found. They had given me new life, and I had abused their kindness. Even if I had been drugged, I still did the act. There's no other person truly at fault. I was the one who colluded with the Yakuza, I was the one who brought them into this mess, and I was the one who did the unspeakable with Suzy. In the end, it was all my fault.

Two Weeks Later [Prison, South Korea]

It's been two weeks since I was sent here to this hell hole. The guards are rude, the food , I might prefer just to be dead. Visitors aren't allowed, so I can't even see Jessica everyone once-in-a-while to relieve the stress. I just spend every day thinking about how I could've done things better, how I could've avoided this. Well, Keito and his men should be able to get me out any time now. Just then, I heard the slot to my cell open and a key fall through the hole. 

Picking up the key, I heard a large explosion and the fire alarms ringing. Pushing my door, I realized that it was open and I was grabbed by two men dressed in all black, almost ninja, clothing. Handing me a gun, we followed the hallway down to an exit that was guarded by a massive steel door. Pulling the key I had taken earlier out, I opened the door and saw the outdoors for the first time since my time here. We then made our way to a trio of SUVs and went our seperate ways.

Going into the center one, I was greeted by a familiar set of faces.

Keito: "Miss me?"

You: "What took you so long?"

Keito: "Well, Suzy here wanted to help and she was busy with promoting."

You: "Suzy?"

I looked at Suzy and she instantly moved her eyes downward in shame. Even during the trial, she had this guilty expression, like everything was on her.

You: "Suzy. There's no need. You're not guilty of anything."

Suzy: "I still feel bad."

You: "Well, I'm out now. So, don't feel down anymore, okay?"

Keito: "Well, now that that's over with. What are you going to do now?"

You: "Get me a meeting with Yuri and Seohyun somewhere in Seoul."

Keito: "Why?"

You: "I just need to talk to them."

Keito: "What about your money?"

You: "Already taken care of."

Keito: "What do you mean?"

You: "Swiss bank accounts."

Keito: "How much?"

You: "In total? 580 million."

Keito: "Well, at least you're still a genius in the financial sense."

You: "Thank you."

Keito: "And where do we go after that?"

You: "Far away."

The Next Day [Restaurant, Seoul]

I had Keito arrange a meeting for Yuri, Seohyun, and I in this lowkey restaurant in Seoul so that I could talk to them about something important. They have no idea that I'm going to be the one they're meeting and I'm wearing a large trenchcoat to try and disguise myself. Walking into the restaurant, I saw the girls eating in the corner and I made my way over.

You: "Hey there."

Seohyun: "Do we know--"

Yuri: "I know that voice..."

Both: "Oppa?"

You: "Shhh... but, yes. It's me."

Yuri: "Oppa. How did you get out?"

You: "Don't worry about that, I just need to talk to you girls."

Yuri: "Why us? Why not Jessica?"

You: "Because you have to promise to never tell her about this."

Seohyun: "About what?"

You: "Our meeting and what I'm about to tell you."

Seohyun: "But why?"

You: "I'm going to flee the country. I'd like to take Jessica with me, but I know that she'll be in more danger if she's near me. So, I'm going to leave with hardly anyone knowing that I'm actually not in prison. What I need you girls to do is watch over Jessica for me and report anything to Keito should anything come up. He'll be backed by my finances so he can help in any way possible. Can you do that for me?"

Yuri: "So, you're leaving?"

Seohyun: "Because she's not safe with you around?"

You: "Exactly."

Seohyun: "Will you be alright? Can you go on even if you can't love her closely for the rest of your life?"

You: "That is a pain I have to deal with in order for her to be safe."

Yuri: "Are you sure?"

You: "She has her own life, I'm not going to make her change it for me."

Yuri: "But you changed for her..."

Seohyun: "Oppa, I think you should reconsider..."

You: "My descision is final. Anyways, with you girls keeping an extra set of eyes on her, I feel much better about not being able to protect her all the time."

After going through the details of how they would report stuff to Keito, and from him to me, I gave the girls a letter to give to Jessica once I had left the country. Without a true explanation and with so many words left unsaid, I left the new life and family I had found in order to ensure their survival.

3rd Person POV [SNSD's Dorm, Seoul]

After coming home from their meeting, Yuri and Seohyun give a letter to Jessica and say that it came from someone who worked at the prison. Excited at the possibility of her lover being able to contact her, she made her way into her bedroom and read the letter as she lay down. 

My Dearest Jessica,

In the months that I have known you, there has never been one person who has changed my life for the better more than you. Even when you didn't try, you changed me. For that, I thank you. I'm sorry that I wasn't the perfect lover nor the perfect person. I tried my best, but it wasn't enough. I hurt you so much, and yet, you still look past it to still love me with all your heart. I fear that my health is deteriorating so much in the time I have been in this prison. I find it hard to eat when I know of the happiness that waits outside these walls, the happiness that exists within your arms. One day, I will be back in your arms. One day, I will be able to give you all the love that you deserve. Even if not in this life, I will toil through thousands of lives to be with you. All I ask is you wait for me. Never love another how you loved me so. If the day comes that we can't be together, keep me in your heart and I'll stay there forever...

In the silence of her room, crying can be heard echoing from the walls. Contrary to the beliefs of the eight pairs of ears outside her door, she not only cried for her lost lover. For, apart from the things he left unsaid, she also cries for something she hasn't said.

She not only cries for lost love. 

She cries for the truest symbol of their unfortunate love...

Growing within her womb...