I Care About You

As The World Turns

12:00 a.m. (Your POV) [Car, Seoul, South Korea]

I've finally come back to Seoul, even if it has only been 6 months. As expected, I went relatively unnoticed at the movie premiere. I think Taeyeon and Suzy noticed me, but Jessica surely noticed me. She came after me following the movie and she's clearly pregnant. Once again, I've been reminded of why I've actually come back to this god forsaken place, I've comeback for an explanation to my suffering. I've come back to get closure.

Jessica: "An explanation? What do you mean?"

You: "Why didn't you tell me that the child isn't mine?"

Jessica: "The child? My baby? Our baby?"

You: "Stop lying."

Jessica: "I'm not! Why would you think that it wasn't yours? Did you leave because of that!?"

You: "I heard it from your own lips in Shanghai! You told that damned Tyler Kwon that it was his!"

Jessica: "No... no... no... that's not it oppa, we weren't talking about the baby..."

You: "And how am I to trust you?"

Jessica: "You loved me and trusted me once. Now, I'm asking you to do it again."

You: "There was a time that I would do anything for you, but now it's different."

Jessica: "What!? You're afraid to give me the benefit of the doubt? Afraid to expose yourself?"

You: "No..."

Jessica: "Why? What do you want from me to prove that I never lied?"

You: "All I want is to be free of you."

Jessica: "And what of the child? Did you never love me?"

You: "That is something I should be asking you."

Jessica: "I've always loved you! What about the baby? You don't love it anymore? You were so happy when you heard you were going to be a father and now you're going to throw that away? What kind of father will you be if you abandon your own child?"

You: "I don't know..."

Jessica: "Oppa, don't do this. Don't you see that God has given us another chance at love? Don't slap his hand away."

You: "Can I never escape him?"

Jessica: "No... he's in everything... in our pain... in our love... in our child..."

You: "I... can't..."

Jessica: "You can't?"

You: "I can't go back to the way it was..."

Jessica: "Why not?"

You: "Because I'm not... the same..."

Jessica: "Do you not love me anymore? In these six months, have your feelings changed so much?"

You: "I... care about you."

Jessica: "Is that all you can say? Is that all you can manage?"

You: "For now..."

Jessica: "If there are doubts in your heart, oppa. You should be careful and unafraid."

You: "I know."

Jessica: "Is there hope that you can love me once again?"

You: "Of course..."

Jessica: "Then I'll wait for you. I'll wait for you to love me. Even if it takes a thousand lifetimes, I'll wait."

You: "Don't."

Later That Night (Your POV) [Hotel, Seoul, South Korea]

It was for the best. It's better that we break things off. Even if the baby is mine, I can't run back into this relationship. Not when she was right, not when she once again read right through me. I was doubting my love for her, my heart didn't entirely belong to her anymore. These 6 months have been very weird for me. Everyday, I've thought of Jessica and how she was doing. Weird thing is, I couldn't help but let my mind wander off to Suzy. Both her confession to me and just her well being over all. She's been all over my mind, but that's not even the weirdest thing. The weirdest thing is that I can't help but think back to that night Shanghai, that night with Taeyeon. We didn't share anything intimate like with Suzy and Jessica, but I shared something deeper with her. I shared a comforting presence, something I didn't feel with anyone outside of my grandmother. Oh, someone just knocked on my hotel door.

You: "Oh! What are you doing here?"

Taeyeon: "When were you going to tell me that you came back?"

You: "I had only intended to stay the night."

Taeyeon: "And yet you still didn't tell anyone?"

You: "Of course not."

Taeyeon: "Then how did Sica know that you came back? She came back to the dorm crying and obviously looking heartbroken. When we asked her, she said..."

You: "She said?"

Taeyeon: "She said you didn't love her anymore. That you had changed while you were gone."

You: "Is that so?"

Taeyeon: "Was she right? Do you really not love her anymore?"

You: "No, at least, not completely."

Taeyeon: "Is there someone else?"

You: "Enough about me and my emotions. Why did you come here?"

Taeyeon: "To tell you not to leave."

You: "How did you know I was going to leave?"

Taeyeon: "You do... You always do..."

You: "What is that supposed to mean?"

Taeyeon: "You can't keep running..."

You: "Why not? Do you really want me to stay here and take care of Jessica and the baby when I'm not even sure about my own feelings?"

Taeyeon: "I want..."

You: "You want?"

Taeyeon: "I want you to be happy."

You: "That's an evasive answer."

Taeyeon: "No it's not. It's just not up to me to decide what that means."

You: "Why did you really come here? Why do you want me to stay?"

Taeyeon: "What does that matter? Will it make a difference?"

You: "I... don't know..."

Taeyeon: "What if I told you that I came here to finish something I started six months ago?"

You: "What is that?"

Taeyeon: "This..."

She pulled me in and gave me a passionate kiss. Like that night, I returned it with all the emotion my heart could muster, and everything came back to me. The pain, the happiness, the comfort, I felt all again. She had my head and heart spinning again, but not because I was so madly in love with her. More over, it was because my head and heart couldn't agree on who I loved. 

Jessica

Taeyeon

Suzy

The other two kept running through my head as Taeyeon and I continued our making out. We were lost in our lust and once again we found ourselves making our way to the bedroom of my hotel room. My head told me to stop, my heart told me no, but my body was more than willing. All restraint went out the window and I let myself go, even if my heart wasn't there, I could at least enjoy this. If she had stopped it, I would have stopped, but she so willingly gave me all of her.

One Hour Later (Your POV) [Hotel, Seoul, South Korea]

We had gone on for about an hour, it was everything I imagined and more. It still felt different, though. There was something missing in our connection and I couldn't name it. All I could feel was that comfort that she gave me, I felt a different connection with her than with any other person. Now, we're laying in my bed with nothing but sheets covering our bodies from exposure. 

Taeyeon: "Oppa, will you stay?"

You: "I will."

Taeyeon: "For me?"

You: "..."

Taeyeon: "Oppa, do you love me?"

You: "I care about you, Taeyeon. I really do..."

Taeyeon: "Oh..."

You: "I'm sorry..."

Taeyeon: "Is it wrong that I dream that I'm the mother of your child?"

You: "..."

Taeyeon: "Is it wrong that I'm willing to keep loving you, even if your heart doesn't completely belong to me?"

You: "..."

Taeyeon: "I love you..."

You: "Don't."

The Next Day (Your POV) [Seoul, South Korea]

Taeyeon left before I woke up the next morning and all I could do was put on a nice suit and figure out what I was going to do about how I would handle things. Once again, I found myself running back to the same place I cursed so adamantly six months ago. I called my partner in New York and we both decided that opening an office in Seoul would be beneficial to our firm. I had handled the problem with working, but the first thing I needed to do was to acquire some clients. Knowing the connections I had in this city, I went to the one place I knew I could find a client. Now, I'm at JYP headquarters to talk to the man himself. His secretary informed him of my arrival and I walked into his office. 

JYP: "My, my, it is an honor to meet such a well-respected person in both the business and underground worlds."

You: "The pleasure is all mine."

JYP: "So, why are you here? Are you in need of help from the Yakuza again?"

You: "No, I've come here completely on business."

JYP: "Is that so? Then, I guess we could talk business."

You: "Let's get straight to the point."

JYP: "Your reputation precedes you, you're definitely the business first person the rumors say. Tell me, is it true that you never lose?"

You: "I would be lying if I said I never lost, but let's say it doesn't happen often."

JYP: "So, why would someone like you want to do business with my company?"

You: "I'm opening an office of my law firm here in Seoul. I'd like your company to be my first client."

JYP: "I see. And how much would the fees be for representation by your firm?"

You: "Let's say I'll cut off half of the fees because of your help before."

JYP: "Sounds like a deal. Do you have the papers?"

You: "Right here."

I handed him the papers I had in my suitcase and he officially signed with my law firm and dropped his current representation. We took out a bottle of scotch and shared a drink to celebrate the new collaboration between us. 

JYP: "Okay, now, are you ready for your first task as my company's representation?"

You: "Go ahead."

JYP: "I want to take over another company."

You: "Are you planning on expanding into new markets?"

JYP: "No."

You: "So, you're going to take over another entertainment company?"

JYP: "Exactly."

You: "Which?"

JYP: "SM Entertainment."

30 Minutes Later (Your POV) [JYP Headquarters, Seoul, South Korea]

After going over the complications with JYP, I went ahead and left our meeting to go find living arrangements for myself since I was relocating here to Seoul. As I walked through the hallways, I heard a familiar voice calling for me and I turned around to find Suzy behind me with an awkward smile on her face.

You: "Suzy?"

Suzy: "Hey there.. oppa..."

You: "What's wrong?"

Suzy: "Nothing... What are you doing oppa?"

You: "I'm about to go shopping for a condo. What about you?"

Suzy: "I was going to get some rest before I go to the theatre later tonight."

You: "Theatre? You have a date?"

Suzy: "No.. I'm performing in a musical..."

You: "Oh! I'd love to watch some time! I bet it's good."

Suzy: "Wow. I've never seen you get so excited over something."

You: "What can I say? I'm an advocate of the arts."

Suzy: "Well, I'd love to have you watch sometime."

You: "Well then, I have to get going now. See you some time Suzy."

Suzy: "Oppa, can I join you? I'd love to help you find a nice place to live."

You: "Sure."

1 Hour Later [Seoul, South Korea]

We went around to around two condos on our own and they didn't quite fit the mold I wanted for my new home. Now, we found a real estate agent that's going to take us around some high-end condos in Seoul. I think I'm liking the condo we're looking at right now, but the price has to be right.

Agent: "So, do you like the place?"

You: "It looks very nice. I'd definitely enjoy living here."

Agent: "That's good to hear. Oh, if you don't mind me asking. How are you two related? I mean Suzy is an idol and you are?"

You: "Oh. We're--"

Suzy: "Married."

Agent: "Is that so? That's quite some news there. That would definitely cause a rumble in the K-pop world."

Suzy: "Can you keep it a secret? I would hate for my husband to deal with the papparazi and the jealous boys."

Agent: "I deal with high-class people everyday. I promise that not a single word will leave my mouth about this."

Suzy: "Thank you."

30 Minutes Later [Seoul, South Korea]

I couldn't comment while we were still there, but I tried my best to finish the dealings as quickly as possible. After bargaining for a cheaper price, I paid the entire fee for the condo in full and made my way out of there as quickly as possible. Now, I'm driving Suzy home so that she can still get ready for her play. 

You: "Really!?"

Suzy: "Really what?"

You: "Married!?"

Suzy: "Come on. It's a joke! Have some fun for once!"

You: "Until the rumors come out..."

Suzy: "The agent said that they would stay quiet about it, take it easy!"

You: "Fine..."

3 Hours Later [Seoul, South Korea]

After dropping Suzy off at her home, I made my way to the local galleria and bought myself a brand new Tom Ford suit to wear for tonight. I also went to the theatre and bought myself a front-row seat to Suzy's play. Buying some flowers, I made my way back to Suzy's house and waited for her to come out. Eventually, she came out fully dressed for her night in the theatre.

Suzy: "Oppa?"

You: "Hey there."

Suzy: "What are you doing here?"

You: "What do you think? I'm going to watch your play."

Suzy: "And who are the flowers for?"

You: "One of your co-actors."

Suzy: "Douche."

You: "I was just kidding... Now, are you going to get in the car, or what?"

Suzy: "What if I don't?"

You: "I really will give the flowers to one of your co-actors."

Suzy: "Fine."

11:00 p.m. [Restaurant, Seoul, South Korea]

Suzy's musical was amazing. Her acting and singing was superb and I can really tell she put in all the work to make it perfect. As much as I'd love to release all these feelings, I knew it would be better to keep calm and just take her to dinner. We found a nice secluded restaurant we could enjoy our dinner in and now we're sharing a nice conversation over steak and wine.

Suzy: "Thanks oppa."

You: "For?"

Suzy: "Dinner, the flowers, everything..."

You: "You're very welcome."

Suzy: "Why did you do all of this?"

You: "I don't know.."

Suzy: "Do you remember what I told you before I left?"

You: "Every last word..."

Suzy: "I've waited. Every day since. Perhaps you did all of this because you shared those feelings?"

You: "..."

Suzy: "Let me guess? You don't know?"

You: "..."

Suzy: "I should have known. I knew it was too good to be true. You still love her don't you? You still love Jessica and you have no room in your heart for me? Why do this to me? Why make me think there was a hope that there could be an us?"

You: "That's not it..."

Suzy: "Then what is it? To whom does your heart belong?"

You: "I don't know..."

Suzy: "Is there hope? Or am I just tricking myself into believing something that doesn't exist?"

You: "I can't say for sure..."

Suzy: "Do you love me? Even in the slightest bit?"

You: "I care about you."

Suzy: "Is that it?"

You: "That's all I can say..."

The night went quiet after that, I brought Suzy home and she hugged me goodbye but I could feel the heaviness in her heart just by touching her. After that, I went to the hotel and I decided to sleep because I had a pretty eventful first few days in Seoul and my heart also felt very heavy.

Unknown Time (Your POV) [Unknown Place]

I don't know where I am, but I'm in the middle of a city street with the lights of a downtown area. There's no people though, it's just a massive street with lots of lights and no one here. I just keep walking trying to find someone who would understand why I'm here. As I kept on my trek, I saw three figures coming towards me. They were none other than Taeyeon, Jessica, and Suzy. And they all looked like they were pregnant?

You: "Girls?"

Jessica: "Oppa, look I'm pregnant with your child."

Taeyeon: "No! I'm the real mother of your child. Her child was nothing but a mistake!"

Suzy: "Oppa, you know that our child is the real one. Their kids aren't from love, just lust."

You: "What are you three talking about?"

All 3: "Oppa, love me."

You: "What?"

Just then, I heard three gunshots go off at the same time. All I saw was all three of them falling to the ground and pools of blood pouring around them. I was horrified and my composure totally went out of the window. Not knowing who to help first, I just stood there with a shell-shocked expression on my face.

You: "WHY!?"

All 3: "Oppa, save me. Save me first..."

You: "Who? How?"

Suddenly, the place turned black and I couldn't see a thing. Out of nowhere, I saw all three girls standing clear in front of me and they didn't look pregnant or injured. They just looked straight at me.

All 3: "Do you really want to know how to save me?"

You: "Of course!"

All 3: "Say something..."

You: "What?"

All 3: "Say something... anything..."

You: "I care about you... All of you..."

All 3: "That's not enough..."

Just then, I heard another round of gunshots and blood curling screams from the three of them. The next thing I know, all three of their lifeless bodies were at my feet. I felt something in my hands and looked to see what it was. Seeing it, I saw a smoking gun jammed by a rose.

Broken, all I could do was fall to my knees and let the agony envelop my entire being.