Ninth

Beautiful Target
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your body movements quietly catch my eye, your eyes are strong but soft.”

Don't Go – EXO-K

 

"And you? How did you know her?" Eunji asked him back.

But Baekhyun didn't answer it at all. His eyes focused on the lady, who was busy bowing down to everyone around her. Baekhyun smirked. She didn't change after all these years. She got prettier, to be honest. She was still petite and adorable. She was still friendly and socially active. Her laugh still caused the same effect on Baekhyun, since he knew that special laughter for too long.

Taeyeon stopped laughing when her eyes fell on Eunji, who was busy waving at her. Her eyes widened when she saw Baekhyun was standing next to her. She gulped hard and pretended herself to smile. Slowly she walked to her cousin and the guy next to her.

"Eonni! When did you come back from Japan?! Why didn't you call or at least text me?! Don't you know that I missed you so bad?!" Unexpectedly, Eunji used some aegyo to the older.

"Yah, what's with that tone? It's disgusting, gangster." Baekhyun glared at Eunji.

Eunji made a face and stepped on Baekhyun's shoes. "Shut up and leave, sunbae! You polluted the air!"

"You are the one who should leave." He pointed the crowd with his chin. "The audition is about to start."

Eunji looked at the crowd and then Taeyeon. "Eonni, don't go anywhere, okay?! I will be right back!" She left Baekhyun and Taeyeon.

Baekhyun looked at the crowd, while Taeyeon was attentively staring at him. This guy didn't change at all. The only thing that was different was he got taller and more charming than ever. His eyes, his smile, his blunt comments, all were still the same. Taeyeon smiled a bit.

"How are you, Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun laughed mockingly. "So.. The only question you got in that tiny head is how am I doing?" He raised an eyebrow. "I'm fine, noona. I'm very fine when you're not around. But as usual, you love surprises, right?" He answered with crossing his arms.

Taeyeon knew it took forever for this guy to understand and forgive her. "How is Baekbom doing?"

Baekhyun smirked meanly. "Oh him? Baekbom hyung was heartbroken, but well.. Seems God didn't want him crying for you too long, so he met the girl, the junior in his college. And my advice for you, noona? Don't you dare to interrupt that relationship by showing up to him."

"You still hate me that much.." Taeyeon whispered.

"Of course. I'm not an idiot." Baekhyun looked at Eunji, who was sometimes sneaked a peek to look at them. That girl must be very curious.

"We should talk, Baekhyun."

"About what?"

Chanyeol and Jongdae, who sensed the conversation wouldn't get any better, decided to join them. They bowed politely to Taeyeon, made Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Don't be too nice to a traitor." Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol gave him a death glare, but Baekhyun was busy with his own feelings.

"Baekhyun, please. Can we talk? I won't ask you to understand. I just need you to listen."

Baekhyun sighed. "You want to talk to me, fine. As long as Chanyeol and Jongdae join us."

Taeyeon's face went blank. "It's private, Baekhyun. We have to talk alone."

"Four persons aren't too crowded, right? And well.. I told them everything. They are my best friends. They know how I felt when you left me like a moron. And maybe, if they don't join us, I could do something mean to you. God knows how bad I want to you as my revenge."

"Baekhyun!" Jongdae and Chanyeol exclaimed, surprised to hear the harsh sentence from their best friend.

"It's okay, guys. I deserve it." Taeyeon relaxed Jongdae and Chanyeol.

"So you want to talk, right? Go, talk." Baekhyun's voice was flat, even deep inside he felt nervous about things Taeyeon would say.

"I.. I, ah.. I want to apologize for what I did to you, Baekhyun.."

Baekhyun scoffed. "For what? How great you were at breaking Baekbom hyung's heart? How awesome you were at tearing my feelings? It's glad that Baekbom hyung could move on faster than I do."

"Baekhyun, listen to me―"

"No, you listen to me first." Baekhyun cut her off. "I never hoped, you would come back like this.. And then apologize, after years of waiting. No, noona, I'm not that desparate. I just.. Hate you for what you did. To me. To Baekbom hyung. And your apology won't change anything. At all."

Taeyeon felt her heart stopped beating, when she heard Baekhyun's harsh remark. She bit her lower lip and sighed.

"Nothing more?" Baekhyun asked. He looked at Taeyeon in bored expressions. "I'm going then. Let's go, beagles."

"How do you feel about Eunji?"

Baekhyun stopped walking. He turned around and faced Taeyeon, who her kissable lips. Baekhyun once promised himself, he would be the one who kiss that lips, turned out he didn't.

"What about her?" He asked, confused with the question.

"Don't you like her?"

Baekhyun chuckled. "Please, noona, she is not my type."

"And you're not her type either." Taeyeon smiled softly. "You two are a perfect match, don't you think?"

"What?" Baekhyun asked in disbelieved. "Me? Her? That maniac crazy gangster? Noona, just because I loved you, even I adored the crazy you, it doesn't mean I like her, since you two are crazy. I think.. Your brain lost some sanity. I won't fall in love with that gangster. I hate her."

Jongdae shook his head. "Forgive him, noona, he's in denial."

"Yah, bastard! You should be on my side! Not hers!" Baekhyun sent a death glare to Jongdae, but Jongdae didn't give any damn.

And too make him more pissed, Chanyeol nodded his head. "True! The only ones who couldn't see the sparks are you and her. You both are obviously fall in love with each other."

Baekhyun made a face. "Yah! I won't fall in love with that stupid gangster!"

"Denial." The others said in unison.

They four turned their heads, only to find Eunji, who was laughing with Kyungsoo. They then looked at Baekhyun, who seemed annoyed to see that.

"She pretends to be cute. That's sickening." Baekhyun hissed.

"Ouch, someone is jealous." Jongdae teased.

"I'm not! Shut the up!" He growled and left the auditorium. If he stayed for longer, it wouldn't be good for his health. He would suffer heart attack for sure.

When Baekhyun was no longer seen, Taeyeon looked at Chanyeol and Jongdae. She smiled. "Tell me about them."

Jongdae smiled back. "Eunji was the first girl Baekhyun he picked as his enemy, ever since you're gone, noona."

Taeyeon's jaw dropped, but then she smiled widely. "Really?"

Chanyeol nodded. "Yes. He always teased and picked fights with her. What do you think, noona? Do you think they will fall in love with each other?"

Taeyeon looked at Eunji, who was relaxing herself and her eyes sometimes glanced at them. Seemed like she was looking for someone, who Taeyeon believed as Baekhyun. "Without a notice, they are already into each other, dongsaeng."

***

Kyungsoo walked in to the Art Club room, only to found Bang Minah, was painting on the canvas. She smiled when she saw Kyungsoo was approaching her.

"I heard someone joined an audition." Minah said.

Kyungsoo walked closer to her and ruffled her brunette hair. "And who told you?"

"The birds." She answered nicely.

"So did the birds tell you that I make it?"

Minah's eyes widened. "You made it?! You sang?! For real?" She even stood up.

Kyungsoo nodded. "I did. I made it. I passed the audition. Thanks to you."

Minah seemed confused. "Me?"

Kyungsoo pulled her into a tight hug. "Because when I sang, I thought of you. I thought about you smiling and feeling proud of me."

Minah hugged him tighter. "And right now, I feel so proud to be yours, Do Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo let go of the hug and looked down to his beloved. "So when will we tell the others about this? Us?"

Minah looked surprised to hear that and sighed. "We can't tell them, Kyungsoo. At least, not now."

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. "Why not?"

Minah pulled Kyungsoo away. "One of our friends, like one of us." Kyungsoo's mouth opened wide. "And if we let them know, don't you feel bad for the person? I don't want to hurt them, Kyungsoo. At least, we have to wait."

"But.. Until when? When will we tell them? Don't you love me, Minah? Don't you care about my feelings? Or.. Are you trying to break my heart again?" Kyungsoo accused her.

Minah quickly cupped his face with her hands and pulled him closer.

 

 

"Son of a ." Baekhyun cursed.

"I'm sorry, dude. But please get it for me. I'm at home already. I owe you my life for this."

Baekhyun looked at his cell phone with Jongdae as the caller and rolled his eyes.

"You owe me more than life, bastard."

"Geez, Bacon, it's only a simple favor! I didn't ask you to go on date with Eunji or steal Taeyeon noona away."

Baekhyun screamed, "YAH! Do you want to die?!!"

Baekhyun heard Jongdae laughed from the other side, made Baekhyun felt more pissed.

"I'm hanging up. You're such an ."

"I'm your , babe! Bye."

"Go yourself, camel." Then he ended the call.

His steps stopped in the front of Art Club. He sighed. "I'm such a best friend. Who else would do this, except me? Jongdae should feel proud to have me as his best dude." He grumbled and opened the door.

His eyes widened when he saw something he shouldn't see at all.

***

"Eonni?"

Taeyeon looked and she smiled sof

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter