Sixteenth

Beautiful Target
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Reminiscing last night's proposal, my heart rises in the air.”

I Think I'm in Love – Juniel

 

'This village built a childcare for a reason. Since their parents are busy working and they are afraid that their children won't get a proper education, so they send them here, to help their children learning something better than staying at home, doing nothing. Your task is to help the caretakers, since they need more hands for the whole two weeks, without getting any salary. You and your team members have to make sure that the parents will be satisfied with your services.

Best lucks!

Kim Junmyeon'

 

"Yaaaah, that bastard." Sungyeol hissed.

"Do you know something? That motherer, is still able to smile and says, 'Yah, you get the easiest tasks above all' with his charming smile. Yah, Park Chorong! Teach your boyfriend to stop acting annoying like that."

Chorong shook her head. "I love him the best when he acts like a charming ."

Woohyun facepalmed. "Now I understand why you two stay together. You both are insane. And it matches you two well."

"So we only have to take care of the kids?" Bomi asked.

The seniors nodded.

Bomi sneaked a peek to the window and checked the kids. Some of them were playing around, the others were drawing on their sketchbook, sleeping, and chatting happily.

"It seems not really scary." Bomi murmured.

"It's not the kids that we should be scared of. It's the owner." Baekhyun replied.

"What's with the owner?" Hyejeong curiously asked.

"She's nuts." Sungyeol raised his index finger and rolled it near his temple.

As if it was destined already, a middle-age woman, came with her wide grin. It wasn't like she was ugly or something, but there was something inside her was just not nice.

"Baekhyun! Sungyeol! You're back!" She quickly hugged those two boys.

"Ahjumma...." They whined and tried to let go, but instead, the grip was hardened.

Eunji looked at Chanyeol, as if she was asking. "Last year, Baekhyun got this task too. And he has to throw his clothes away because all his clothes smell her perfume."

Eunji's eyes widened. "Really?! Did he really throw them away?"

Chanyeol nodded. "It's Byun Baekhyun, Eunji. You can't expect normal things from him."

When the middle age woman finally let go, she turned around and her eyes were dazzling. "Oh! Another cute boys!"

Baekhyun, who was finally released, quickly ran into Eunji and embraced her tightly.

Eunji's eyes widened, but she was speechless. Again, she smelled his familiar fragnance. And again, she felt something thumping rapidly inside her heart.

"Ahjumma, I'm here with my girlfriend. Please don't make her thinking that I'm cheating on her." When Baekhyun said this, Eunji sensed something fluttered inside.

Surprise with her own feelings, Eunji looked up to Baekhyun, who was smiling like an idiot to her. "Let go or I'll kick your balls."

"Kick mine and I'll make sure you won't be able to walk anymore."

"You jerk."

"This jerk loves you."

"Yah, Byun Baekhyun!"

Baekhyun sensed the middle age woman raised an eyebrow, didn't take his lie easily. He embraced her tighter and softly caressed her hair. "Aigoo, my girlfriend's hair is so messy." He said loudly then, "Act with me if you don't want your little love secret accidentally spilled."

Eunji wanted to punch him, but she knew this guy could do anything, so she gave in. "Thank you, my boyfriend." And to make it seemed real, she leaned her head against his chest.

Now the table turned. Baekhyun felt something forced him to smile widely.

That middle age woman looked at the boys with meaningful puppy eyes.

Chanyeol quickly reached Sunyoung, who happened to stand the nearest, and acted like they were couple too.

Jongdae noticed a bit hurt inside Bomi, so he quickly approached her and smiled at her. "Is it okay with me?" He asked gently. Bomi blinked, but then she nodded.

Sungyeol ran into Amber. It took few moments of bickering, before finally Amber gave in and held Sungyeol's hand.

Chanhee, the idiot one, bowed down politely to Hyejeong before he slung his arms on her shoulders. When the middle age woman asked, Chanhee answered, "Today is our third day together, so of course we are still a bit awkward."

Woohyun was left dumbfounded. When he was about to reach Chorong, that girl, yes, she was a Satan inside a gorgeous pretty lady, suddenly said, "Ahjumma, you know Kim Junmyeon, right? He is my boyfriend!"

Her eyes sparkled. "So you are single!" She then grabbed his arm and held it tightly.

"Ahjumma!!!" Woohyun yelled.

"Come in, come in, let's meet the kids. They can't wait to meet new caretakers! Ah, you smell so good! What kind of perfume do you use? Can I try some too?" Woohyun was taken away to the childcare building.

When they slowly let go of their stupid acts, she came back with eyebrows furrowed and Woohyun whining. "Aren't you coming in?"

"We are! We are!" They quickly back to their acting and walked in to the childcare building with a simple hope.

They hoped they could survive these whole two weeks.

 

 

That middle-age woman named Jung Juri. Baekhyun was this close to burst out into laughter, but his friends sent him death glare, so he kept his mouth shut.

"Yah, she is a Jung too." Baekhyun started a friendly war.

"Yeah, so?" She sounded calm. She was looking down at her bruise.

"Just saying. That Jung is the kind of... Brave. Agressive. I wonder this Jung can do the same."

"Don't start this, sunbae."

"I don't start anything. I just stated it, letting you know." He pointed her bruise. "How is it? Is it still hurt?"

"Why? Do you want to mock me because I walk limping?"

"Yah, Jung Eunji! You little ."

"What did you call me?! Little ?! You're the big ! Huge !"

"You should be grateful because I love you so I can't be mad at you."

"Yah, Byun Baekhyun! Stop saying things like that! You're jerk."

"I'm not!"

"You are! You're an annoying jackass."

"And you are an annoyingly lovely girl, that I can't skip a day without thinking of."

They were busy yelling at each other when an innocent voice called them.

"Hyung, noona.. Are you two fighting?"

They looked down and found a charming little boy, with his sparkling eyes, white skin, and black hair. Somehow, he looked like Byun Baekhyun in a kid version, if only Baekhyun colored his hair black.

"Nope." Baekhyun answered him shortly and shooed him away.

But he stayed, continued talking, "Eomma and Appa are sometimes yelling at each other too. But they always said it was all act. So are you two acting right now?"

"No, little kid. They are just like that. They have a funny relationship." Chanyeol answered for them.

"Relationship... Eomma once said about it... Wait, wait, I know that word... Relation... Ship... Ah! Ah! I know it! Relationship is same like dating, am I right, hyung? Are you two dating?" That little boy still asked.

Eunji shook her head of course. "Not in million years."

Baekhyun nodded excitedly. "I'm her future husband."

Eunji pinched his waist, but Baekhyun faked the pain into a smile. He pulled the girl closer and whispered, "Would you stop being so touchy? I know, babe, I know I'm handsome and alluring, but you can have me later, okay. I'll call you. Oh no... I'll come to your staying house. So right now, please stop touching me."

All Eunji could feel was how close they were and Baekhyun seemed didn't mind with their distance. But when he let her go, Eunji slapped her cheeks for several times.

This is crazy, she thought. What's going on with me?

"Whoa, noona! You're so lucky! Your future husband is very handsome!" That little boy's eyes sparkled in excitement.

Baekhyun smiled widely. "Listen to him, baby boo. This brat even notices that I'm amazingly handsome."

"Shut up, sunbae." She said as she looked up to him. He then looked at the little boy and said, "No, he is not my future husband, kiddo. He was kidding. He has bad joke, don't you think?"

But he snitched the information to Baekhyun right away. "Hyung, she said you're not her future husband."

Baekhyun shook his head. "Don't listen to her. She's in bad mood."

"Ah, did you do something terrible to her? Appa always buys banana whenever Eomma is in a bad mood. Appa said banana can make Eomma smiles again. Appa loves Eomma's smile."

"Really?" Baekhyun ruffled his hair. "Do you know that you're so cute?"

He blushed.

"What is your name, little guy?"

"Byun Hyunji, hyung!"

Team 4 members stared at each other and burst into laughter.

"What is your name again, young man?" Amber asked.

"Byun Hyunji. Hyun, because my father named Byun Daehyun and Ji, because my mother named Kim Jiyeon. So here I am. Byun Hyunji! It's so nice to meet you all." He bowed down good-naturedly.

All the team members laughed like crazy, caused Baekhyun and Eunji blushed, and the little kid blinked in confusion.

"Ah, this is amazing!" Jongdae screamed victoriously. "Thank you, Kim Junmyeon, this task will be so much fun!!"

Eunji shook her head, wanted to kick Jongdae's balls.

"He could be your son for two weeks, dude." Chanyeol said.

"True! And more, Baek, you can give your son same name later." Sungyeol added.

Baekhyun glanced at Eunji and smirked at her. "What do you think, cupcake? Shall we have a son in the future? I actually prefer a baby girl, but if you want to have a son, then it's okay."

"Don't you dare, sunbae." Eunji showed him her fist.

Baekhyun only laughed.

Eunji bit her lower lip. Since when his laughter could make her amazed like this?

"Ahjumma!!!" The team members turned their heads and again burst into laughter, seeing Woohyun tried hard to let go.

Jung Juri approached the team members with Woohyun complaining, begging to let go. And the team members quickly put their best acting skills. "So? What do you think about this place?"

"Amazing."

"Flawless."

"Adorable."

Jung Juri could sense those answers were all lies. But she only shrugged it off. "Your job is very easy actually. You only have to make sure that the kids are having their good times and get their proper education, as what their parents expected. I will give you the schedule and you can manage what you will do for the next two weeks." She finally let Woohyun go and handed Baekhyun a piece of paper. "Good luck!"

Woohyun smelled his clothes and made a disgusted face. "What the hell."

Chanyeol chuckled. "Why, hyung?"

"What kind of perfume does she use? For God's sake, this smells disgusting. No wonder she has no husband, no, let me rephrase that, no wonder she has no boyfriend until today. She is such a bad, bad, nightmare for men." He shuddered.

Chorong hit his head. "That's mean."

"But honest." Woohyun defended.

The team members gathered at Woohyun's staying house, with delicious snacks served. They discussed about things to do for the two weeks at the childcare. They had to accomplish the mission. They had to nail it.

"The kids usually arrived at 8 AM. They have few short classes until 11, then they can have break time until 12. Then, they have lunch and nap time right after. The parents will pick them up at 5. If the parents don't pick them up, we have to wait until 7. If still, then we have to call their parents and take the kids home." Chorong explained.

"Noona, how can we take them home if we even don't know where their house is?" Jongdae asked.

"This village is not huge, remember? We can ask the addresses to Juri eonni later."

"Yah, your relationship with her is eonni-dongsaeng already?" Woohyun snickered at her. "Now I can see why you don't want to be my fake girlfriend. News flash, Rong, your little cupid act won't get anywhere, because I'm already in love with your Jun."

Chorong only sent him a death glare before continued, "Channie, you and Eunji can sing lullaby for their nap time, right?"

Both Chanyeol and Eunji nodded.

"Yah, let me included too!" Baekhyun complained. "I can't trust my best friend with my girlfriend, noona. I can't stand the jealousy."

"Yah, Byun Baekhyun, shut up!" Eunji yelled, her cheeks flushed pink.

Baekhyun laughed along with the others.

"Sunbae, how about their classes? What should we teach them?" Hyejeong asked.

"We can teach simple things, you know, like drawing, dancing, and singing maybe. To make it nicer, we should try to compose songs.." Woohyun stopped and suddenly pointed his finger at Baekhyun, who was enjoying the snack. "Byun, this is your time to shine!"

When the freshmen stared with confusion, Chorong patiently explained, "Baekhyun is great at composing songs."

"I'm not." Baekhyun answered as he his finger clean.

"Yah, don't lie. We won the choir competition last year, thanks to this bastard over here. He said he composed a song and asked for our opinions. He did well with ballad songs." Jongdae told.

"Yah, our Byun this year won't be able to write ballad songs. He is in love, Jong." Sungyeol said with a deep meaning behind.

Baekhyun nodded, agreeing his hyung. "True, hyung! How can I write a ballad song if the love of my life is already here with me?" He then winked at Eunji. "Right, babe?"

Eunji was this close to throw her shoes to that haughty face.

"Then how about covering songs? Like H.O.T, Shinhwa? It's easier, right?" Sunyoung suggested.

"I agree with her." Sungyeol nodded his head.

"Yes, and it saves time, right? We only need to find few songs and cover them." Chorong agreed.

Chanyeol clapped his hands merrily. "Ah, Sunyoung is right!" He then ruffled her hair. "My girlfriend is so smart! I'm proud of you!"

"Sunbae! I won't forgive you just because we both are Park!"

When the others were laughing, there were two persons in the room pretended that the snack was so much better than joined them laughing.

Bomi frowned and looked down at the ground, smiling dryly.

Jongdae peeked at her and looked down at the ground too, smirking darkly.

 

 

Because it was almost midnight, the members decided to call it a night.

Bomi was about to reach Eunji, wanted to help her, when Baekhyun grabbed her arm, then whispered something to her ear. When the younger giggled and raised her thumb, Baekhyun smiled.

"Ji." Bomi called Eunji as she helped her to stand up. "Can you go home by yourself? I need to go to Chorong eonni's staying house first. There's something I need to ask."

Eunji pouted. "I can come with you."

Bomi shook her head. "It will take long time, Ji. Trust me. You should go home first. Your bruise doesn't heal yet, right?"

Eunji looked down at her bruise.

"I asked Baekhyun sunbae to take you back. Okay?" Before Eunji refused her offer, Bomi quickly took her leave and patted Baekhyun's shoulder, like wanted to encourage him and left.

Eunji frowned because she was left behind. She was still limping, even though it wasn't as hurt as before.

"Hi." He greeted her.

Eunji only gave him a quick look and started to walk.

"Can you walk?" Baekhyun worriedly asked.

"I can." Eunji answered shortly.

He checked her bruise and smiled. "It's going to heal. It's okay."

"I know." She walked off.

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows, confused with Eunji's weird attitude. He walked after her to walk side by side.

"Something's wrong?" He curiously asked.

"Nope. Everything's fine."

"Really?"

"Mm-hm."

"You're lying. I'm good at finding that out."

"Yeah right."

"It's true! I can tell that you're lying to my face right now."

"I'm not."

"Then why are you answering me shortly? Why don't your eyes meet mine? Why are you giving me this wide space? I'm sure you're lying about something."

Eunji nibbled her lower lip. Oh, God, she also wanted to know why suddenly she acted weirdly like this. She didn't understand why suddenly Baekhyun seemed so cute smiling or why suddenly the way he called her became so nice to hear.

But she couldn't ask. She had pride to keep. And what would this guy do if he found out that Eunji kept her distance because he became so charming out of sudden?

He would laugh.

He would point his finger at her and say, "Boo-ya! I told you that you will fall in my charms!"

So Eunji only took a step closer but still her eyes didn't meet his. "Happy?"

Baekhyun beamed, then nodded his head. "Yah, gangster, do you know what I like the most about this village?"

Eunji looked up, finally their gazes met. "What is it?"

He pointed at the dark sky. "The stars."

Eunji looked up and found the sky was full with the stars and the full moon. It was breathtakingly beautiful. People couldn't see this often in Seoul.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He smiled at her.

Eunji nodded. "Very."

Baekhyun should take a deep breath to distract himself. If he couldn't control himself, he could pull the younger into tight hug and confess to her. So to distract himself, he decided to look up too.

Eunji gazed at the older and found Baekhyun's smile was beyond enchanting. She touched her chest and gulped. It's nothing, she calmed to herself down, it's just because the stars are very beautiful.

"Do you know the brightest star die the fastest?" Baekhyun asked.

Eunji shook her head.

"The brightest star has the hottest temperature above the others. And it dies the fastest because of the heat." He explained to her a trivia. "Just like falling in love, don't you think? People fall in love the hardest in the beginning, and then fall out of it because they can't stand the heat anymore." He then looked down at the younger with a thin smile. "This is stupid, I know, and you really don't have to answer this because I already know the answer. Just consider this as a stupid confession from a stranger."

Oh God, oh God, oh God, am I dreaming? Is he serious? Is he going to confess? Oh, God, what should I say?

"I used to have ideal type about girls I should date. Pretty, skinny, stupid, so I can break up with them without feeling bad, and insanely in love with me. I like it, you know, the attention."

Eunji rolled his eyes.

"When I met you that day, it never crossed my mind that you could be this special. You may think I'm a guy who tries to seize every moment to disturb your peace, but you're just so fun to be with. You show me that somehow, I can't get everything I want. You show me that I need to put efforts on things I want so bad. Do you know every time you avoid me, I'm going crazy? Chanyeol and Jongdae hate the crazy me." He chuckled.

Eunji only smiled.

Baekhyun breathed. "As I told you before, you don't have to answer this. This is just an admiration from a stranger. No need to be serious."

Eunji waited.

"Since I met you, I don't have any ideal type anymore, thanks to you, gangster. When I say I like you, I like you. And each time I told you how I fell for you, it wasn't, never, ever, a lie."

Eunji opened wide.

Baekhyun smiled sadly. "Yaaaah, I finally confessed it, didn't I?" He sighed. "Ah, this is so nice. Do you that holding this feeling back for the whole few months is the hardest? And to be honest, telling you this makes me feel so much better."

When Eunji was about to say something, Baekhyun quickly covered with his hands. "Don't. Don't say anything. Don't say yes. Don't say no. Don't make me hurt. Don't make me expect. Just keep the answer for yourself, okay? I don't ask. I won't ask."

Eunji could feel Baekhyun was breathing so close to her face.

"After this, I will still treat you the same. I will always be the sassy, annoying, pain in the Byun Baekhyun, that keeps bugging this gangster Jung Eunji." He smiled and slowly let his hands go. "When the time is right, when your heart finally realizes, then you can give me the answer. Okay?"

Eunji didn't answer.

"Come on, it's getting cold." He patted her shoulders and let her walked first.

Eunji was still surprised with what Baekhyun has just said right now.

And Baekhyun was smiling happily and set his eyes at her back.

Two different feelings finally collided.

***

It was settled that Jongdae and Chorong were in charge to do the lunch duty for the first day. They prepared the lunch for the kids with sometimes telling stupid jokes, one and another. Their jokes stopped when Chorong, out of blue, asking Jongdae a simple question.

"By the way, Jong... Until when?"

Jongdae could act stupid, you know, pretending like he didn't understand and faking a smile.

"You noticed too, huh?"

Chorong shrugged as she prepared the trays on the table. "Jinwoon was the first, actually."

Jongdae's eyes rounded. "Him?!"

"Woonie may be stupid with his own love story, but he is not dumb about other's. He asked to Myeon why you keep sending Bomi glances and smile after that. Because my boyfriend is also as dumb as him,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter