Tenth

Beautiful Target
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I hate my love is going round and round with you.”

Twinkle, Twinkle - Girl's Day

 

It has been weeks for the two of them, avoided each other. Ever since Eunji saw Baekhyun with Yura that day, she avoided Baekhyun even better. She walked pass Baekhyun, didn't want to go home without Jinwoon, and she always counted the timing to go to the locker. And seeing Baekhyun didn't try or fight to ask her to talk, it somehow hurt Eunji. Maybe she hoped too much.

Baekhyun wanted to kill anything. Anything breathed. Human, preferably, a girl, his junior, named Jung Eunji, to be specific. He didn't know what was his fault, but the girl didn't stop to avoid him. And it annoyed him day by day. Every time he wanted to talk to her, the timing was always not right. But he still wanted to why.

Baekhyun saw her finally. It was like God fated them to meet after all these avoiding things. Eunji's class, changed their P.E schedule, from Tuesday to Thursday, with Baekhyun's class, because the teacher couldn't teach on Tuesdays.

Eunji glanced at Baekhyun, who was laughing about something with his best friends. Shoot. He looked fine with the training pants. Eunji had to admit that anything would fit Baekhyun perfectly.

"Okay, gather up!" Nam Seonsaengnim whistled to gather all the students. "1C plays soccer and 2C plays basketball. It's a free game, but you still have to join and play. Dismiss!" He whistled again and the students then separated.

Baekhyun was always enjoyed playing basketball. He was chosen to play with Jongdae and Chanyeol as his rivals.

"The loser will treat for the cupcakes!" Chanyeol proposed.

"Deal!" Jongdae and Baekhyun agreed.

"I would kick your , bastard!" Baekhyun pointed Jongdae.

Jongdae smiled back. "I would be pleased, babe." He winked.

And the game began.

Slowly but sure, their game has attracted the others, even the juniors. 1C stopped playing and gathered together to see the battle between the Beagle line. They played very well, it made everyone wondered why they didn't join the basketball team.

Eunji rolled her eyes, seeing Baekhyun played. It was like he wanted to show off, like always. She felt so much worse inside when she heard Yura was screaming for him. It was disgusting.

"Ji, are you okay?"

Eunji looked up and saw Chanhee was standing next to her.

"I am. Why? Do I look like not okay?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

Chanhee nodded. "When was you ever okay?"

Eunji laughed. "That's mean, Chanhee."

He made a heart shape with his hands and smiled. "But you love me, right?"

Baekhyun heard that familiar laugh when he was about to score. He turned around and found Eunji was laughing beside a guy, who made a heart shape with his hands. So when the rival pushed him to take the ball, he lost his balance and fell.

Eunji heard a loud voice and turned her head. Baekhyun was on the ground, growling, with people walked closer to help him. Even Jongdae and Chanyeol stopped playing to ask what was wrong with him. Eunji saw Baekhyun tried to stand up and smiled bitterly to everyone. He excused himself and sat on a bench near. When Yura wanted to touch him, Baekhyun avoided it by hiding next to Chanyeol. As the result, Chanyeol also left the game, to give Baekhyun a company.

1C went back to play soccer. Eunji cheered for Chanhee and Tao. Eunji saw Kyungsoo was talking with Minah, but she didn't want to join. She was in a bad mood, thanks to that stupid senior, so she didn't want to look bad in front of Kyungsoo.

"Chanyeol." He called his best friend.

"Hm?" Chanyeol asked. His eyes focused on the game.

"What is it like to be in love?"

Chanyeol blinked and looked at his best dude. He touched Baekhyun at several places and said, "Yah, Baek, are you sure you okay? I think we should go to infirmary. You acted weird lately."

Baekhyun hit his arm. "I'm fine, giant! And I'm asking! Answer me!"

Chanyeol rubbed his arm and tried to find an answer. "Honestly, I don't know." He said. "Because I have never fell in love with anyone before. And I can't tell you what being in love feels like, because I guess, we have our own definitions of being in love. But what can I tell you is that when you think of that person, you feel right, safe, and complete." As expected, Chanyeol answered it wisely. "That person gives every breathing moment, every single aspect of your life. That person gives you a reason to believe in something. Believe in love."

Baekhyun sighed when he heard Chanyeol's words, then he saw Eunji, who was sitting on a bench like him, and talked to her friend, her girl friend. And it wasn't the girl he saw in the Art Club room. It was another one.

Baekhyun smiled seeing how expressive she could be when she talked and then he felt something jumped rapidly again.

Slowly, he touched his chest and realized what was beating like crazy. It was his heart. He ever felt that. Once. With Taeyeon.

He saw Eunji was smiling and he sensed his heart beat. He felt this thing since times ago. Baekhyun gulped when he realized he fell in love with her even then.

A ball thrown near them, and one of the player asked Chanyeol to give it back. But he stopped when he heard Baekhyun called him. "Yah, Yoda."

"Call me that once again, and I will kill you, Byuntae." Chanyeol threatened him.

"Hit me with that ball."

Chanyeol looked at the basket ball on his right hand and furrowed his eyebrows. "And why in the hell I should do that?"

"Because I think I am not in a right mind."

Chanyeol dribbled the ball. "Meaning?"

"I think.. I think I fall in love with that gangster."

Chanyeol looked at him with a jaw dropped.

 

 

On the other side, Eunji was sitting next to Bomi, they talked about everything, then the topic turned into Baekhyun.

"Oh, Bbom! You have to see him acted so annoying all the time! I didn't even have no idea why he kept doing that! But then, my cousin, Taeyeon Seonsaeng came and turned out she was Baekhyun's crush! I felt used."

"Used? Used how?" Bomi asked.

"I don't know.. Maybe because Taeyeon Seonsaeng said that she was once an enemy of him? He treats me like he treated Taeyeon Seonsaeng. He talked to me, just because I resembled her." She growled.

"But why do I not think so?"

Eunji's eyes widened.

"I don't think Baekhyun sunbae will do that low, Ji. If I could say, he did that because he has feelings towards you. I guess he likes you. And the only way to keep you around him is by picking an endless fights with you."

Eunji couldn't find a word to say.

"Baekhyun sunbae has an unbeatable pride, remember? But he always lost it when he is with you. It's like he doesn't care about anything when you around. It's like he is willing to do anything, as long as you're with him."

Eunji shook her head. It was too much to process. "If he likes me, he won't let me avoid him too long. He will ask. If he likes me, he will fight for me, like what Kim Tan did for Eunsang. If he likes me.." Bomi swore she felt Eunji went angry. "He will show me. Not talking and flirting with another girl!"

Then a ball bounced closer to Eunji. Eunji looked at the ball and Bomi.

"Yah, Ji, don't." Bomi warned her.

"He is such a pain in the !" She yelled then kicked the ball.

Amazingly, the ball tossed in the air. The 1C students saw it and then clapped their hands. Eunji was very talented and had some soccer skill.

But the claps stopped when they heard a loud bump voice. Their eyes widened when they saw Baekhyun fell on the ground and some of his classmates screamed.

Eunji looked at Bomi with opened wide. "It was not me, right, Bbom?!"

Bomi sighed. "I told you, Ji. I told you."

Eunji felt very guilty, so she ran towards them. She bit her lower lip when she heard that Baekhyun passed out and he would be taken to the infirmary.

"It's all your fault, stupid senior." She mumbled lowly.

***

"Is he okay, Seonsaengnim?" Chanyeol asked.

Seonsaengnim nodded and smiled. "It was just a ball, Park, not a brick. So of course, he will be okay." Seonsaengnim left the room.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and shook his head. "What a pity bastard." He said.

Jongdae agreed. "Yeah, who kicked the ball, anyway? Sure it was no human. Because, .. Basketball field is two kilometers away from the soccer field. And if it was a human, it had to be a dude. Because it's impossible that a girl could do it."

"Yah, talking about impossible.. Baekhyun said something strange to me before."

"How strange?" Jongdae looked at Baekhyun, who still passed out.

"Very much."

"What did he say, Channie?"

"He said.. He fell in love with our junior." Chanyeol confessed.

Jongdae eyes widened when Chanyeol said. "He what?!" Jongdae asked.

"He fell in love with Eunji. Our gangster junior, Jung Eunji. The younger sister of Jinwoon hyung. Her. His enemy."

"Finally!" Jongdae clapped his hands. "I told you he would fall for her eventually. This bastard didn't want to listen. Did he say anything else?"

Chanyeol nodded. "He asked me what was it like to be in love. I thought he fell too hard, Jong. He went very weird."

Jongdae clicked his tongue and looked down at Chanyeol. "You felt him weird because you never fell in love with anyone before."

"Yah, son a , don't start this here! I didn't even mock you today."

Jongdae smiled. "Sorry, giant, I have this kind of weakness."

"What weakness, ? Couldn't skip a day without mocking anyone?"

Jongdae nodded happily. "Geez, I have a very nice friend here! Thank you for remembering and accepting my flaws, Channie. Me loves you."

"Nasty."

Then the door was knocked, caused Chanyeol and Jongdae stopped their stupid debate. They looked at the door and their eyes widened when they saw Eunji was walking in with some kind of worried face. Chanyeol and Jongdae were looking at each other, tried to find out why she was here.

"Oppa, I'm so sorry." She started. "I didn't mean to.. I swear... It was all accident.." She stuttered.

Now Chanyeol and Jongdae understood that she was the one who kicked the ball.

Chanyeol sent Jongdae a glare, which could be translated as 'She is surely no ordinary human.'

Jongdae smiled and nodded meaningfully. 'I told you, giant.'

"Is he okay, oppa?" Eunji asked. She felt terrible for what she did. Even it was an accident, she couldn't lie to admit that she hoped the ball smashed his head. At least, the smash would be a sweet revenge for what he did to her this long.

"He is." Chanyeol nodded. "It's okay, Eunji. Baekhyun is a strong guy. He will make it―"

"But..!" Jongdae cut him off. "Sadly, we have class after this. And the teacher will gladly kill us if we skipped. You know, Wu Seonsaengnim? The tall one? He has that power to kill someone without touching. And he could do that to us someday, if we skipped his class." He looked at Eunji with puppy eyes. "So can you do us a favor, Eunji? Can you stay and wait for him until he wakes up?"

Eunji looked doubtful.

"Please, Eunji." Chanyeol begged. "If it wasn't Wu Seonsaeng, we wouldn't ask you. Please. Can you stay with him for some hours?"

Eunji looked at Baekhyun then his best friends. She sighed. It was her fault since the beginning. This was her consequence for kicking the ball hard. Slowly she nodded. "Okay, oppa. It was my fault, anyway."

Chanyeol and Jongdae beamed in happiness. "Okay then. We're going! See you soon, Eunji! Please call us if he wakes up, okay?"

"Okay, oppa!" She waved her hand then saw them left the room. She sighed and sat on the chair near the bed. She looked at Baekhyun.

He looked very handsome in anything. Even when he passed out like this, he was still looked adorable. She had no wonder why Yura tried hard to make him fall in love with her.

Eunji bit her lower lip. Compared to Yura or Taeyeon, she was hundred percents nothing. She was just a loser, who had never imagined to get a chance to have fights with a good looking senior. And even Baekhyun was such a pain in the , she wouldn't lie she enjoyed every moment of it.

"Yah, Jung Eunji!" She slapped her face when she had that thought. "Yah, foolish girl! Why did you think that?! You shouldn't think that! He is your forever enemy! Enemy, Eunji! E-N-E-M-Y! A person who couldn't be friends." She shook her head and slapped her face for several times. "I'm hungry." She said. "Yes, I'm hungry. That's why I go stupid like this."

Eunji took her cell phone out of her pocket and messaged her friends, to inform she couldn't attend the last class, because of her stupid mistake. She looked at Baekhyun, who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter