Twenty Sixth - Final

Beautiful Target
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I know that we can never part from each other, the person I love and love again,”

One Year Later – Jessica ft. Onew (SHINee)

 

It was another good day, with blue clouds and sun shone brightly. It was another good day, with people chattered and cars honked. It was another good day, but somehow would be an interesting day for newcomers.

It’s the long-awaited school orientation day and Seoul High School was already crowded with parents dropping their children off and went through the school gates, wearing their middle school’s uniforms. Those with red band on their arms written Committee was busy greeting the freshmen with wide, happy smile. Some seemed thrilled to attend the school orientation, some seemed jumpy, and others seemed nonchalant (thinking maybe it wouldn’t be so different like their middle school’s orientation).

Standing in front of school gate was Sehun with Jongin – Jinri was nowhere to be seen, she was said to be going to school with her girl friends, so the boys raised their hands in defeat and went to school by their own. Jongin looked amused at some their soon-to-be friends, while Sehun remained stoic.

“Yah, how much is the possibility to be in the same class with a person you rejected in a scale one to ten?” Jongin suddenly blurted a question after saw someone passed by.

“… I don’t know, like maybe seven?” Sehun replied stupidly. “It will be fun though, seeing you stutter and blush like an idiotic fool if it really happens.”

“Shut up, you jerk. You’re not much better than me, okay. You’re being rejected as well.” Jongin was being a total for spill it.

But Sehun nodded, it was the truth anyway. “Yeah, but at least Jinri doesn’t avoid me like you did to her, .” Sehun mocked him and it stabbed the male straight in his heart.

“Jinri does avoid you!” Jongin pointed his finger on Sehun which he slapped it right after. “It takes a week for her to turn normal after your confession and it takes another week for her to hug you like she used to!” Jongin was really being a pain in the .

“Yeah, you are right, Mister Know-It-All. But at least…,” Sehun pressed his tone. “Jinri and I remain friends, we are not like someone who’s being an awkward turtle after rejecting her. And whoa, going to same school again. Isn’t it like going to same hell for three years at least?” Sehun gave his best friend a sweet smile before abandoned him alone to greet their friends from same middle school.

“Whoa, I taught so many good things to this …” Jongin muttered to himself and ran to Sehun’s direction.

Several steps away from them, a bright, neon red-haired girl looked rather annoyed and took a halt in front of the school gate. She heaved a desperate sigh and turned the volume up on her earphones then walked in to the school.

Behind her, young teenage boy wearing casual attire – he looked fine with that blue checkered shirt and denim pants, he slung one strap of his backpack on his shoulder, looking around with somewhat amused.

Few minutes after they all went in, Jinri arrived with a bunch of her girl friends – they were gossiping and made Jinri’s cheeks reddened by teasing her to finally able meeting her crush. Jinri didn’t say anything in reply, just simply covered her face and whined at her friends for making her face heated.

Those freshmen were so ready for the school orientation (and most of them, the female students, were ready to worship the oh-so-infamous seniors, beagle lines).

 

 

It was a good day actually, if only the school organization members had a moment in their lives to look up at the blue sky and enjoy the view for a while. But they were too distracted with the orientation and their preparations – it’s a new year, a new era.

After the election (what’s an election if the competitors – Myungsoo and Jieun withdrew – because they thought Park Chanyeol already fulfilled all the requirements to be a School President?), Chanyeol with Jinwoon’s and Junmyeon’s helps quickly listed names to be recruited for the school organization. And more, Chanyeol needed a VP so the three of them thought very, very carefully to find a compatible partner to company him for a year.

That’s why right now Byun Baekhyun was there, looked as serious as his partner checked the papers and he frowned when Chanyeol argued about something. But when Jongdae came, yes he was also recruited by his giant best friend and tried to soothe the circumstance – they three burst out in laughter for some jokes Baekhyun made.

After that, when Chanyeol sighed nervously at his best friends, Baekhyun patted his shoulders and Jongdae messed his hair. Satisfied with their actions, those two older beagles marched away, leaving the grumbling President alone.

Chanyeol held the papers and huffed anxiously. He was so nervous and this was his first chance to speak up in public – aside from the thank you when he was elected. “Gather up, people!” Chanyeol’s deep, low voice was loud and clear. Everyone in the room quickly gathered and stared at him, who was standing in the front.

“Whoa, look at our new School President. So charming and adorable!” Baekhyun teased suddenly and some of juniors giggled at him.

“Yah, Byun Baekhyun! You come here! You can hold Eunji’s hands later when you two go home,” Oh yeah, Chanyeol has changed. Ever since he became the School President, his tongue got sharper – maybe has been taught by the master; Jung Jinwoon.

Baekhyun walked and stood beside him with a happy smile and tried to encourage the younger by nudging him several times. After he sensed Chanyeol was now okay, he stopped and landed his gaze to his one and only love, Jung Eunji.

“So okay,” Chanyeol cleared his throat. “First of all, I would like to thank each one of you for being here instead enjoying your last days before school starts. Second, well, welcome to the family!” Everybody in the room cheered and clapped. “… Third, today is our big event, school orientation. This is not an event where we, seniors, can bully the juniors for fun. I will personally kill you if you do,” he glared at Baekhyun. “These three days supposed to make them feel belong, happy, and safe to attend Seoul High. Do I make myself clear?” he said.

“Yes!” was the response he got.

Chanyeol smiled a smile that showed his cute dimple. “Okay then. Now all of you already got the arrangement papers, right?” Chanyeol waved the papers and his juniors nodded eagerly at him. “You can’t exchange partners and you can’t change class. You’ll be tutoring those classes and I wish you luck.” Chanyeol gazed at his wrist watch and nodded. “Three minutes more before the orientation starts, any question?”

Baekhyun raised his hand quickly.

“If it’s about why you’re not tutoring with your girlfriend, I think the reason is obvious. The kids don’t need your lovey dovey scenes for three days.” Chanyeol’s answer was enough to make Eunji blushed and Baekhyun frowned. “Anything else?” he asked and he got no one raising their hands.

Chanyeol nodded in satisfaction and before he said, Baekhyun was being a pain in the and exclaimed, “Go to your positions!” and even before Chanyeol caught him by collar, he already ran away, giggling along with his best friend.

***

1A

1B

1C

1D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter