Fifteenth

Beautiful Target
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It's me who only wants you, the person who will only protect you is me.”

It's Me – Luna ft. Sunny

 

"To warm you up."

She turned her head, only to find Jongdae was smiling at her and giving her a cup of hot coffee.

"You can act."

She shrugged. "I can act." She repeated.

"You did great back there, Yura."

"Thank you."

"Sooo... Is this a sign where you are ready to let him go?"

She sighed. "I don't know, Jongdae. Am I?"

"If you're still that desperate to get his heart, trust me, Yura, you won't win. He is head over heels for Eunji. I have never seen him acted insane like this.. After... You know.."

"I always thought it was only a crazy puppy love."

"Not for that bastard. Taeyeon noona was his first love. The love that broke him to pieces. And now, he finds the pieces glued back together with our Woon hyung's baby maknae. If I were you, Kim Yura, I would give up."

"I know. What did I do actually? Five useless years. Five years waiting and hoping, somehow his heart could turn around." Yura smiled bitterly, then sipped her coffee.

"But.. I can help you, if you still want to have a boyfriend! Woohyun hyung is single. And he is a nice kid."

"No.. Just no."

"Why? Woohyun hyung is super handsome."

"But he jokes all the time. I never find him being serious about anything. Even after he broke up with Irene, he still can smile widely to her."

"That what makes him interesting, don't you think?"

Yura thought about Woohyun, how kind he was back there. Even it was only an act, he took a great care about her. "It's only manner, Jongdae."

"But that knows how to manner, right?"

"Kinda. Anyway, Jongdae, I have a question for you."

"Go ahead. Ask me anything."

"Can you tell me why did Baekhyun never wanted to ask me to be his girlfriend? He could use me for fun, you know.. Like his ex-girlfriends. Like.. Oh! Do you remember Im Yoona? Our junior high school's princess? He dated her, right?"

Jongdae chuckled. "Yes. That was one good memory. Yoona cried like crazy when Baekhyun broke up with her."

"Come on, Jongdae. All girls cried when Baekhyun broke up with them. Goo Hara too, right? Who else... Hmm.. Ah! Song Dahye! Na Haeryeong! Bae Suji! Gong Minji! Park Sojin! OMG. He dated lots of women."

Jongdae nodded. "Yes. And it's amazing you can remember them."

"Of course. Those brokenhearted girls were crying like crazy, then begged me to make Baekhyun rethink about their broke-ups. I warned them, really I did, before they accepted Baekhyun's confession. But fools, they were possessed already. Bu, no.. Except one. She didn't come to me after breaking up with him. Who was it again? That college girl? She looked y with her eyes."

"Ah! I know her... Wait, wait... Park! She is a Park.. Ah! Ah! Park Gyuri! Gyuri, right? I was really scared of her. Her eyes, you know... If eyes could kill, they would.. She stalked him, right, after he broke up with her? Like crazy. Sending him death threats, calling him for hundreds time a day, until his parents had to make a restraining order. But I have to be honest, that's one of great memories of Byun Baekhyun's ex."

They chuckled.

"Anyway, to answer your question, Baekhyun didn't want you end up like his ex. He couldn't like you back, like you always wanted him to be, but he wanted you to find someone better than him. Not an like him, a good guy, who would treat you better and gentler."

"That jerk. Why doesn't he tell that by himself?"

"Like you said. He is a jerk. But that jerk, actually concerns a lot about you. He may seem annoying to you, but deep down, he only wants you to find someone better than him."

"But it's hard, Jongdae. It's not as easy as it seems."

Jongdae patted her back. "I know. First love doesn't always mean you will end up with that person. But, Yura.. You know nothing would make Baekhyun turn around, right? He is persistent. My advice for you, just think of him as someone who tied your shoelaces in first encounter and happened to appear in your five years." Then he walked off.

 Yura sipped her coffee and nibbled her lower lip. "First encounter..." She softly whispered.

 

"Let me go! Let me go! I'm a minor! Please, let me go!!" Yura tried to escape herself from a drunkard.

"I love little girls! Little girls are the best!" He hiccupped. "Oppa will buy you dress, if you obey! Oppa will buy you anything. Come with me. Oppa will treat you good. Oppa will treat you gently, until you love it... Come. Come with oppa."

But because Yura didn't want to and kept trying to flee, that drunk man insisted and tightened his grip on Yura's hand, causing the girl cried in pain. She was begging for help, but none cared. They just saw the scene and walked away. Pretending like it wasn't even happening. Yura sobbed sadly. Why should this happen to her?

"YAH!"

There was a scream, then continued with a push. The next thing she knew, she was pulled over by two boys. She looked at her lifesaver, who was busy kicking that drunkard.

"Are you crazy?! Are you losing your mind?! How could you do that to a girl?! She is a girl, for God's sake!" He yelled as he kicked his leg. "If you are that desperate for women, there are strip clubs near! Low people like you don't belong here!" Baekhyun took out some money of his pocket, then threw it to the man. "Leave! Leave before I call the police!"

That man was insulted with that boy's words. But before he wanted to do harmful to him, his threat was enough to make him leave the spot staggering, and also took the money away.

That boy breathed in relieved, then turned his head to Yura. His eyes widened for few milliseconds before his eyes showed a mere glint as he walked closer. "Are you okay?"

Yura nodded fearfully. She was still in shock.

Another boy, with a unique cheekbone, who held her arms, kindly gave her a bottle to drink.

Trembling, Yura finished that drink. "Th.. Thank you.."

She looked at them three. They weren't even older than her. They wore same uniform, it meant they went to same school.

"What are you doing until late? If only we are not around, you might be taken away." Another boy, with big ears and wide smile asked her.

"Someone stole my shoes and I had to find it." Yura said lowly. "I even don't know why they hate me so much. I was just got transferred here."

The boy scrutinized her and finally clapped his hands. "AH! You are that Kim Yura, right?" His lifesaver pointed her name tag.

That Kim Yura? "What do you mean?"

The boy with big ears answered her, "My classmates said there was a transfer student abroad and she was so pretty. Albeit we have never saw you by ourselves, we are aware that Kim Yura was so pretty, because people loved to talk about you."

"I'm sorry but... Do I know you? I never saw you all before at school." She asked back. She knew it wasn't a good manner, asking like that to her lifesaver, but she really didn't know this boy. She never saw him around. Or maybe because she didn't really care about her surroundings.

But instead of feeling offended, he smiled. "We three are your schoolmates. We are in different class, though... No wonder you don't know us. I heard you are quite famous because your beauty. If I were those idiots, I would also hide your shoes somewhere. Oh! You can fall." He squatted, made Yura looked down.

She felt heat inside her body.

That boy was tying up her shoelaces.

After he finished, he stood up and looked at her. "Are you taking bus?" He asked. He took her silence as a yes. "What stop are you?"

Yura blinked. "Huh?"

"What stop are you?" He repeated. "I'm taking you home. It's not safe for a girl like you to go home by yourself. Let me accompany you." He smiled genuinely.

"Sixth." She answered shortly.

"Okay then." He turned to look at his friends behind him. "Yah, can you guys go home alone? I have to take this girl home. I will see you later. Camel's house, right, giant?"

"Don't be annoying, Byun." A boy with the unique cheekbone rolled his eyes. "Be careful, Kim. That brat could take advantages of you. You should cover your body, so he won't crave for you." He advised Yura.

"Yah! Don't make her scared of me, you camel!" He smiled at Yura and stuck out his hand. "Come on, it's getting late."

Yura grabbed his hand and followed his steps. She turned around for bowing down to his friends.

That boy checked the bus schedule and beamed seeing the bus would arrive approximately in ten minutes. He sat beside Yura and hummed H.O.T's 'Candy'. Even Yura didn't know him, she had to admit his voice was beautiful.

"I'm sorry.. But I didn't catch your name before. May I know your name?" She politely asked.

He turned his head and looked at Yura, straight into her black eyes. Yura admitted he had the most dazzling pair of eyes. "Baekhyun. My name is Byun Baekhyun." After that, he let out a soft smile.

His smile, that made her falling in love for the next five years.

 

 

After Baekhyun departed, the students were betting. Their bets were between would the Byun Baekhyun finally lost his pride and asked Eunji to be his girlfriend or would he chickened out and gave it to the fate.

And Woohyun was the first to bet that none of those would happen. Of course this statement made Jinwoon glared sharply at him. His "I let you do this because you said it's for the best. But if later that Baekhyun did something inappropriate to my sister, tell your parents to find your body in Bermuda Triangle." threat was enough to make Woohyun gulped.

Junmyeon shook his head and pulled his best friend closer. "Yah, Woon, really? Are you really still treating your sister as if she were a nun? She is sixteen, for crying out loud!"

"So what if she is sixteen?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "I still can count her age, thanks, Myeon."

Junmyeon sighed. "That's not what I meant. I mean.. You should let Eunji experience her love story. And Baekhyun is a great guy. He is noisy and sometimes really disturbing, but we both know how he is, right? You even said they looked compatible by yourself! So, Woon, just let it be. We both know Baekhyun won't lay a finger on her. That guy still has that weird Jinwoonphobic."

Jinwoon raked his hair. "What should I do, then? I really don't know what to do, except wanting to rescue my sister."

Junmyeon grinned. "You can come and help me with my job.. Or maybe, you know, give someone a chance to get to know you.." He signaled Jinwoon to follow his gaze.

And he did.

He found Min was chatting with Seohyun and Jinah cheerfully.

Jinwoon looked back at Junmyeon. "I pick the first option." Then he walked off.

Junmyeon chuckled and slung his arm on his best friend's shoulders. "You are an idiotic shy man."

Jinwoon glared at him. "Don't make me hate you."

"I won't. Trust me."

 

 

At another spot, the boys were really annoyed seeing Kyungsoo and Minah conversed happily. They could hear Kyungsoo's rare loud laughter and Minah's proud smile.

"What the are they talking about, really?" Chanhee questioned. "That bastard doesn't laugh that loud with Ji."

Hyunwoo elbowed him. "Language, Chan."

"We really should do something." Tao recommended. "I really can't stand this guilt every time seeing our Ji falls deeper to that guy."

Sungjong agreed. "Ji deserves a better man. Bbom, why don't you just go and have a heart to heart talk with Minah? Maybe she could find a way out. I'm sick hiding like this."

Bomi glanced at Minah, then finally gave in. "But you guys have to promise me not to punch Kyungsoo, okay?" She didn't hear any answer. "I will talk to her if only you agreed."

"Okay."

Bomi stood up and reached Minah. "I'm so sorry, Kyungsoo, but, Minah... Can I talk to you for a second?"

Minah stared at her and smiled. That same smile she always showed, but Bomi now felt sick seeing it. She bid a goodbye to Kyungsoo and followed Bomi to somewhere noiseless.

Bomi had to breathe deeply before she said what she has always wanted to say. Oh, this was harder than refusing a boy at her junior high before.

"I have a request for you."

"Request? What is it?"

"Don't take Eunji's innocence for granted, Minah."

Minah was taken aback. She looked at Bomi, who stared at her coldly. "I'm not..." She couldn't continue her sentence.

"You are. That's what you two are doing right now. Using her ignorance to sneak out cuddling. Thinking she won't know anyhow. You two use her innocence for your own good."

"How―"

"How do I know? Of course I know, Minah. The sparkles in your eyes and his eyes. Your unspoken touches. Your inevitable glances at each other. Please, Minah, with a single glance, I know everything. You should be grateful because Eunji was too unconscious about this."

Minah lowered her head down.

"Did you know that my friends saw you two kissing at the park yesterday? Dear God. What will you say, if it was Eunji? What will you do, if it was Eunji?! Will you stay calm and continue kissing like crazy?!" Bomi raised her voice.

Minah still didn't want to meet her eyes.

"I just can't believe that you could be this wicked, Minah. You evidently notice Eunji likes Kyungsoo."

Minah looked up.

"She tells you, right, that she likes him? She thinks you are as her good friend. A friend that could be trusted. You should be ashamed of your―"

Minah cut her off. "Stop." She gasped. "Stop making me feel worse about myself."

Bomi smirked. "You should actually."

Minah stepped closer and Bomi could tell Minah was ready to cry her heart out. "You don't know how hard it is for me, Bomi. I love Kyungsoo. I know I was a jerk, breaking up with him for stupid reason. But then I felt sorry. I came to this school only for him, Bomi. If later he wouldn't want me back, then it's okay. At least I tried. But when he said he still wanted me back.. I was like.. Speechless. I can have him again for my own."

"But how about Eunji?! How about her feelings?! Do you want her to be speechless as well when she finds out?! Don't you even think about her, Minah? Or are you only thinking about yourself?"

"Have you ever fallen in love? Have you ever wanted to be wrong for someone, if people said you fell for the bad guy? This is what I'm doing right now, Bomi. I love him. I want him to stay with me. He is the one for me, Bomi. So please don't do this to me. Don't make me feel horrible about myself."

Bomi snorted. "Of course, I have. But unlike you, I will use my brain first. I would never pretended like I'm a good friend, but behind her back, I'm dating my good friend's crush."

Minah was taken aback with Bomi's ruthless comment. "Why are you doing this to me, Bomi? What did I do to you?" She sounded really sad.

"Because we both know in this conversation you are the worst, Bang Minah."

***

Baekhyun panted and clicked his tongue. He looked back and forth, trying to find the cottage as Yura described before. Was it still far? Or was he lost?

He ruffled his wet hair and continued running. He had to find her. He couldn't let anything harm that gangster junior. The only thing that allowed harming her, well, not in harmful ways of course, was only him.

He stopped and beamed when he saw a cottage near. He ran towards it and his smile beamed wider because the light was . Without hesitation, he banged the door. "Yah, Jung Eunji! Are you inside?!"

He leaned his ears closer to the door and he didn't get any response.

"Open the door, Jung! It's me! It's your stupid senior!"

No answer.

"Yah, gangster! Don't joke around! Open the door! I'm going to kiss you hard! Open this goddamn door now!!"

Baekhyun lost his patience.

"I'm warning you! One.. Two.. Three!"

He barged in and found Eunji was lying on the floor.

"YAH, JUNG EUNJI!" He screamed out in panic. He slapped her cheeks multiple times. "Yah, don't do this to me! Eunji! For God's sake.. Yah, gangster! Wake up!" He checked her pulse and thanked God because there was still beat.

Eunji sensed someone memorable calling her name repeatedly. She slowly opened her eyes and found her stupid senior was looking at her. She needed to make sure that she wasn't dreaming, "Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun let out a wide smile. It was the very first time Eunji called him by name. He pulled the younger into a tight hug. "You scared the hell out of me, gangster."

Eunji tried hard to let go, but it only made Baekhyun tightened his arms. Eunji could hear his heartbeats and he was gasping for breath. And more, she felt Baekhyun's hair was wet and he was very sweaty. But instead of being smelly, he smelled like a man. Eunji could smell sandalwood, mint, and a bit of citrus of his fragrance.

Surprised with her own thoughts, she shook her head. "Sunbae... Let me go."

"No, not yet."

"Sunbae.."

Baekhyun forced himself to stop hugging. He was frowning when he let his arms go. "What happened to you?" He sounded troubled.

"Yura sunbae pushed me by accident, so I fell and sprained my ankle. It's fine, though. It will heal."

"It will heal, my . Why did you follow her request?! She is an evil witch like the Wicked Witch of the West, don't you know? She is a crazy stalker. And there is no nice stalker in this world."

"It's because Yura sunbae begged me to!"

"Oh, so since she begged, you would do anything she asked? If later she begged you to jump out of a ten-floored building, you would do that too?"

"Of course not! I'm not that stupid, sunbae!"

"You're not stupid, true, but you are an idiot."

"I'm not!"

"You are! You must be aware that she likes me! No, scratch that. She is obsessed with me. And how could you be so innocent and just came with her?! Aigoo. I really don't understand how your brain works, dongsaeng, but for me, that's just insane."

Eunji hit his chest. "So is that my fault? Okay. I admit it. It's my fault. It's my fault for being an idiot. It's my fault for forgetting that she is obsessed with you. It's my fault for not being aware what she is capable to do. It's all my faults."

Baekhyun sighed. This was what he hated the most when he was pissed. He could spill anything, without any filter. "I'm sorry. I'm being hard on you again."

"What are you even doing here?" Eunji asked.

"Rescuing you, of cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter