Sixth

Beautiful Target
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I picked you, for now I have you in my heart.”

It Girl – APink

 

"HOLY CRAP!!!" Jinwoon screamed loudly. "HELP!!! YONGIE HYUNG, HELP ME!!!!! I SEE A GHOST!!!"

Yonghwa, who was busy preparing his books inside his room, ran off quickly because he heard the younger was screaming loudly.

"What?! What?! What happ.. OH MY GOD! YAH, JUNG EUNJI!" He looked at his wrist watch and shook his head. He slapped his face hard, wanted to make sure he wasn't dreaming. "Yah, how could you wake up so early?!" He pointed Eunji.

Eunji was so happy because it was her first day, so she didn't want to let these brothers change it. She rolled her eyes. "Oppa, that's why people invented alarm clock."

"I know! But, you will never woke up even there were ten alarm clocks in your room!" Jinwoon said.

"Woonie has a point! What happened to you, dongsaeng?!" Yonghwa sounded very curious. "That sweet guy didn't do nothing terrible to you, right? Because he's dead if he did."

"Yah, oppa! How many times should I tell you that he has a name! His name is Do Kyungsoo! Do Kyungsoo! And maybe, someday, he will be your brother-in-law! So don't forget that name!" Eunji said in a dreamy tone.

"Brother-in-law? You even are not allowed dating anyone yet." Jinwoon sat and took a toast to eat.

"Yah! How could you do that to me?! I'm your sister, not a nun!" Eunji growled. "It's not fair! Yongie oppa is allowed to date Seo eonni! You too! At least, you ever dated! Me?! I have no experience about dating!"

"Still. Our maknae is not allowed to date anyone yet. You are still a baby, Jungie. You still need us."

Eunji felt her phone vibrated. She opened it and found a text message from her crush. She took off the apron and hit her brothers' heads. "So don't be mad at me if I date someone behind your back!" She threatened and left.

"She wouldn't dare." Jinwoon said.

Yonghwa nodded in agreement. "True. We both know her too well, Woonie. But, still, you have to take a better care of her. I don't want to see her sad."

Jinwoon finished his toast and nodded. "Relax, hyung. I already asked Baekhyun to take care of her."

"Could he be trusted?"

Jinwoon smiled meaningfully and left the oldest to grab his breakfast. "I even did something better to make them together all the time, hyung." He said loudly and went in to his room.

"Good morning, Kyungsoo!" Eunji greeted happily when he saw the guy stood up in front of her house.

"Morning, Eunji." He smiled back. "You look very excited."

Eunji laughed. "Of course I'm excited! This is my first day!" She looked at Kyungsoo, who stared at her. "What?"

"Nothing. I just love the spirit. Do you think we will go to the same class as the orientation class?" Kyungsoo asked.

"I don't know. Jinwoon oppa didn't tell me. But I wish we were classmates. I didn't make many friends before, unless you, Tao, and Chanhee. But oh! I made a girl friend! One! Her name was Bang Minah, she was in 1B. She said that you two were going to same school together. Do you know her?"

Kyungsoo was startled. He gulped hard before answered, "Yeah, yeah, I know her."

"That's good then! I wish I could be her classmate too, since she was my very first girl friend. What do you think, Kyungsoo? Being classmates with your junior high friend? Isn't it awesome?"

Kyungsoo merely smiled.

"Ah! Our bus! Let's go, Kyungsoo! We can't be late in our first day, right?"

Kyungsoo followed her steps and sighed heavily. Why did Eunji have to befriend with someone, who he supposed to forget forever?

***

It took fifteen minutes from the bus stop to the school. When they walked off the bus, Eunji met Chanhee, Hyunwoo, and Tao, who were talking. When their eyes met, Eunji ran to those guys, leaving Kyungsoo behind.

"HYUNWOO! TAO! CHANHEE!" She screamed.

"EUNJI!!!" They three screamed louder and they got into a group hug.

All the street walkers and the Seoul High School's students were giving them a weird look, but they didn't care. They were busy jumping up and down and laughing.

"I wish we were classmates." Eunji said. "Because you four are the only friends I got."

"I know! Let's wish that the administration staff put us in the same class!" Chanhee wished.

Kyungsoo stepped beside Eunji and smiled to Hyunwoo, Tao, and Chanhee. "Let's go." And the four of them walked in to the school.

The school bulletin was crowded by students. The classes' arrangement was glued on it. They waited patiently for their turns. When Chanhee was the one who asked to see it, he came back with a wide smile. "Classmates! We are in same class as orientation, 1C!" He hugged his friends tightly.

"Really?" Eunji asked happily. Her gaze fell on Kyungsoo, who smiled to Chanhee and Tao. Yes, God listened to my prayers! I will make Kyungsoo fall in love with me.

"Let's go to our class, guys!" Tao exclaimed.

"Wait!" Kyungsoo stopped them. "Aren't we supposed to put our books first in our locker?"

"Oh, right." All of them nodded. Chanhee looked at Kyungsoo. "What is your locker number?"

"121." Kyungsoo showed his locker key.

"Mine is 222." Hyunwoo looked at his locker key.

Eunji pouted, a bit dissapointed. "Shoot. Mine is 506."

"Mine is 300 and Tao is 305. Tao, we are near! Dude, it means we are a match from heaven!!" Chanhee and Tao laughed happily.

"Mine is the farthest." Eunji still felt dissapointed. Why wasn't her locker close to Kyungsoo's?

"It's okay. Let's put our books first and we will meet in class, okay?" Kyungsoo patted her hair, made the girl smile.

Eunji nodded. "You're my tablemate, remember!"

Kyungsoo smiled sweetly. "Okay." And he left Eunji with Chanhee and Tao.

Eunji walked to her locker and opened it. "Why life has to be so rude?" She grunted. Her eyebrows arched when she saw the locker wasn't empty. There were some books, unused stationeries, and schedule inside. The locker was a bit messy too. "Ck, I got the used one. How could life be better than this." Eunji tidied the books up and put hers under the old ones. Thank goodness the locker was big enough, so she didn't have to throw the old books away. Eunji closed her locker and walked off to her classroom. At least, she would be Kyungsoo's tablemate. That was more than enough, right?

Few minutes after the bell rang, a guy with annoyed face stopped in front of a locker. He clicked his tongue and checked his schedule. "English. History. Chemistry." He nodded and took his English and History book. He furrowed his eyebrows, seeing the books were neat and in order. He wanted to think more, but he was already late because last night he was busy thinking something that not even close to important. "! Wu Seonsaeng will kill me." He closed the locker and quickly ran to his class.

***

As said before, Eunji sat next to Kyungsoo with Chanhee and Tao sat behind them. Hyunwoo sat across her with Lee Sungjong. Eunji looked around, trying to find someone who she might know. She saw Lee Jieun, Yoon Bomi and Lee Sungjong, her classmates from the orientation class. Her eyes sparkled when she saw Bang Minah walked in and sat next to Bomi. She turned her head and saw Kyungsoo was speechless.

"Yah! We are in the same class with Bang Minah!" Eunji whispered softly. "Don't you think she is very beautiful?"

Kyungsoo smiled forcefully.

Minah was just looking around when she saw Eunji waved her hands to her. She smiled. Eunji felt something when Minah looked at Kyungsoo and the smile disappeared into surprise. Like she just saw a ghost or something unexpected. But when Kyungsoo smiled calmly, Minah smiled back, even wider. Eunji was shrugging it off. They were friends from the same school, right? Of course they felt awkward seeing each other again in different uniform.

A mid-twenties guy, walked into the class and smiled brightly. "Greetings, 1C students! Whoa, it's so nice to see freshmen again!" He smiled. "Hello, my name is Kim Sunggyu and I'm your homeroom teacher. Well, I'm also your English and Literature teacher. I hope we will have good teacher-student relationship. If you have any difficulties and have none to talk to, you could talk to me. I will always ready to listen and find out together." He put his books on the table and looked at all the students. "For a first day, let's decide Class President and the Vice, okay?"

"Yes, Seonsaengnim!" They answered in unison.

Chanhee raised his hand. "Seonsaengnim, I propose Do Kyungsoo as our Class President!" And all the students nodded in agreement. Even Eunji clenched her fist and smiled sincerely.

Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he turned around. "Yah, do you want to die?" He sent Chanhee a death glare, when the other only smiled earnestly.

Kim Seonsaengnim looked at Kyungsoo. "So, Do Kyungsoo, right? Do you want to be the Class President?"

Kyungsoo sighed. If he agreed, this would make him look better in college application letter. He nodded slowly. "Yes, I want to be Class President."

"Great! And now, since you are the Class President, you can choose your partner." Kim Seonsaengnim let him choose.

Eunji was sending hints, so Kyungsoo could choose her, but Kyungsoo seemed didn't realize it. He shrugged. "I will let you choose, Seonsaengnim. Since I don't know them all."

Kim Seonsaengnim nodded and looked at his side. There was Minah. He patted her arm and made her looked at him. "Can you help Do Kyungsoo as Vice Class President?"

Minah was lost of words. She didn't know what to say, then she looked at Kyungsoo, who looked away and talked to Eunji. She thought for few seconds. Well, if this was fate, let it be. She looked at Kim Seonsaengnim and nodded. "I can."

Kim Seonsaengnim clapped his hands in satisfied. "Great! First task for both of you, go get me the presence list."

Kyungsoo pointed himself then Minah's. "Both of us? I could get it by myself, Seonsaengnim."

Kim Seonsaengnim shook his head. "Both of you. Go."

Kyungsoo sighed and stood up, walked first and Minah followed him, leaving Eunji who couldn't hide her disappointment. Didn't Kyungsoo see her excitement? Did Kyungsoo do that on purpose? Eunji sighed. Even if it was in with intent, what was Kyungsoo's purpose? Minah?

Eunji chuckled. "Impossible."

***

Baekhyun walked out his class in sluggishness. He always hated the idea of first day. As expected, his new homeroom teacher, Wu Yi Fan, was humiliating him in front of his classmates because of his tardiness. He wanted to argue the teacher, but Wu Yi Fan was taller than ordinary human being. Even Chanyeol, the tower of school, was a bit shorter than him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter