Eighteenth

Beautiful Target
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are you hiding yourself under that shining poker face?”

Holler – Girls’ Generation TTS

 

From: Jackass Byun (10.20 AM)

Hello, gangster.

 

From: Gangster Jung (11.00 AM)

Hello.

 

From: Jackass Byun (11.03 AM)

What are you doing now? :)

 

From: Gangster Jung (11.45 AM)

Helping Yonghwa oppa for his showcase. You?

 

From: Jackass Byun (11.46 AM)

Just messing around with people’s life and I get sick about it. Do you need extra hands? I can come to help my future wife! :3

 

From: Gangster Jung (12.00 PM)

-_- No, it’s fine.

 

From: Jackass Byun (12.03 PM)

But I want to help you! Pretty please?

 

From: Gangster Jung (12.35 PM)

You should do something better than helping me.

 

From: Jackass Byun (12.37 PM)

Be there in thirty.

 

 

Eunji sighed as she saw the message from that stupid stubborn senior, even though she hated to admit that her heart was thumping, expecting him to come, with that bright smile and teasing voice of his. It’s been only a week after attending Jongdae’s brother’s wedding, but still she was not used to this kind of feeling.

“Eunji, are you tired?” Yonghwa came and sat beside his younger sister and caressed her hair lovingly. Eunji leaned her head on his shoulder and yawned.“I’m really sorry for asking you to help me. You should be out there having fun with Bomi, right? What a bad oppa I am.” Yonghwa joked.

“It’s okay, it’s not like I have something to do out there. Bomi is on vacation with her cousins, so yeah… Coming here is the best choice I’ve ever made.” She smiled. “How are you feeling, oppa? You’re going to debut soon!” Eunji clapped her hands. “Promise me you will ask for Lee Jongsuk’s photograph if you meet him later, okay?”

Yonghwa hit her head playfully. “Yah, I haven’t debuted yet, and here you are, asking me to ask a photograph?”

Eunji pouted. Yonghwa always lost at her cute pout. “Yah, oppa, there’s nothing wrong at expecting for things to happen, you know. Research stated sometimes it’s okay for us to expect things. After all, who knows you guys will be popular? You’re handsome, you’re good at singing, Minhyuk oppa is very cool when he’s drumming, and Jonghyun oppa is handsome. Jungshin oppa is also likeable. I bet you guys will be hot issues soon!” Eunji sounded very excited.

Yonghwa chuckled merrily. “You’re babbling too much, maknae.” Then his phone beeped. Eunji glanced to see it was a text from Seohyun.

“But, oppa…” Yonghwa raised a brow, “I heard the news that every debut group must be single, to make it easier to be loved by the fans…” She looked at Yonghwa and continued, “… Have you ever talked about it with Seo eonni?”

Yonghwa heaved a sigh. “We did, repeatedly, to be honest. She was the one who asked me to let go, because she doesn’t want to be a burden in the future. But, well, being a stubborn Jung genetically…” Eunji rolled her eyes at this, her brother was sure was teasing her, “… I refused to end it. I told her that I would be busy with this showcase… And well, she would be busy with her courses… But I won’t break up with her. I love her.”

Eunji smiled at her older brother. “You really are taking relationship seriously, oppa.”

Yonghwa grinned proudly and he seemed like he had something to say, “… Talking about relationship…” Eunji knew what that look meant, “… I heard from Appa there was someone who was gone for weekend to Busan with a guy…” His brows raised highly. “… Care to explain, maknae?”

Eunji huffed indignantly. “It’s nothing. Jongdae oppa’s older brother was getting married and Baekhyun sunbae asked me to come, to show him some respect. So I did—” Eunji slapped Yonghwa’s arm. “— Stop grinning like that! I warn you!”

Yonghwa chuckled. “Whoa, you really should go mirroring yourself, dongsaeng. Your cheeks are redder than ripe tomatoes.”

Again Eunji hit his arm. “Shut up, before I ruin your showcase, oppa.”

“Does your heart flutter when he’s around you, Jungie?” Yonghwa stared at Eunji right into her beads. “Do you sometimes find yourself smiling like an idiot when you remember every single thing he does to you?”

Yonghwa didn’t need to hear the answer spilled out of , because seeing his sister’s reddened cheeks were more than enough to explain the whole story.

“Oppa…”

“Yeah, Jungie?”

“… Actually, Baekhyun sunbae did something to me.”

Yonghwa quickly went guarded and sat up straight, his possessive brother side was getting ready to exist.

“No! He didn’t do anything bad. No, I won’t let him do bad things to me.” Eunji said, she knew if she confessed that Baekhyun once kissed her, she would never be able to meet Byun Baekhyun alive. Maybe, just maybe, Baekhyun’s body would be found drowning in the deep Atlantic Ocean, or who knows, Yonghwa and Jinwoon teamed up and burned him down until he were ashes.

“Then what the hell did he do?”

“Baekhyun sunbae… Was the kind of… Confessing? Well… I can say that he was the kind of doing that… Because he said good things about me and he also said that he liked me.” Eunji nibbled her lower lip desperately. “But he said he didn’t want me to answer it right away, because he knew that I like someone else—”

Yonghwa interrupted her, “— That big eyes guy, your schoolmate? The one who’s going with you to go to school every day?”

Eunji slightly nodded. “Well…”

“That guy’s head is really needed to be smashed with Jinwoon’s baseball bat.”

“Oppa…” Eunji warned.

“I mean… Why do you like him?! He has nothing but big rounded eyes, plump lips, tiny height—”

“— He’s taller than me, oppa. He’s not tiny.” Eunji cut him off.

“— And the most important is that guy seems oblivious about your feelings. Even me, Jungie, I can tell how sparkling your eyes will be whenever he picks you up, but dang! He treats you just the same.” Yonghwa shook his head. “In this kind of term, I really recommend you to date Baekhyun instead.”

“Oppa…” Eunji whined.

“And what did you say about it, about Baekhyun’s confession?”

“I didn’t say anything because Baekhyun sunbae forbid me to answer his confession. The way he treats me the same until today, the way he acts like he never confessed anything to me, it somehow made me feeling awkward.” Eunji huffed. “He’s really confusing.”

Yonghwa grinned. “But you like him still, don’t you?”

Eunji rolled her eyes and stood up. “I hate you, oppa.”

 Yonghwa also stood up, because he was being called by Minhyuk to practice few songs, that when he realized his cell phone wasn’t with him. He slapped his forehead and said, “Eunji, can you help me?”

“What is it, oppa?”

“I think I left my bag in the car. Can you take it for me?”

“Oh, okay.”

“And please text Seohyun, tell her not to forget to come after she’s finished.” Yonghwa said as he handed her his phone.

Eunji nodded and walked out of the room, reaching the car.

 

 

Eunji smiled when she found the bag was still there, at the backseat, untouched and harmless. Eunji looked up and felt the sun was shining too bright, maybe because it was summer. But then, she felt her head was protected and the sun didn’t shine brightly anymore.

Eunji turned around, only to find Baekhyun was covering her head with his hoodie. “The sun shines too bright, Jung. You could get headache.”

“Why are you here?” Eunji blurted, her heart beat violently seeing him with his signature wide charming smile.

“I think you already know why I am here.” He smiled. “Are you looking for something inside, gangster?”

She took up her brother’s bag and closed the door. She locked it before walked side by side with him. She then realized the taller was changing his hair color again. It’s quite sad, because Eunji thought Baekhyun looked so gorgeous with his jet black hair color. “You dyed your hair again.”

Baekhyun ran a hand to his hair with sheepish smile. “I have nothing to do at home, so I decided to change it again.”

“And now your hair is the kind of wavy, sunbae…”

“I know. Do I look good?” Baekhyun asked with a teasing smile.

“Deliciously handsome.” Eunji rolled her eyes, answering his question. “But answer me, what are you doing here exactly? Don’t you have something better to do?”

Baekhyun nodded. “I do.”

“Then what are you doing here?” Eunji stopped, facing him with her arms crossed.

Baekhyun smiled. “What should I do if something better I want to do is asking you to be the love of my life?”

“Yah, Byun Baekhyun!”

“What?”

“You really are annoying.”

“But you said I’m deliciously handsome.” He pouted cutely.

Eunji did what Yonghwa has asked her and gave the bag to the owner. After letting Baekhyun greeted Yonghwa and Minhyuk, also his other members, Eunji pulled him away to the nearest canteen and bought him a soda and a sandwich.

“Thank you, baby boo.” He teased.

“Do you want to taste my fist, sunbae?” Eunji threatened, causing the older giggled heartily.

 “How’s your holiday, Jung?” Baekhyun kindly asked, because he knew the younger didn’t dare to talk to him first.

“Kinda busy. I’m helping Yonghwa oppa for his showcase and supporting Jinwoon oppa for his final test. How about you, sunbae? How’s your holiday?”

“Mine is lonely. Maybe because I miss you so bad, but you never texted me first…” Baekhyun winced at her death glare, “… I was kidding. My holiday is kind of boring, because Jongdae and his family visits Jongwoon hyung in Busan, Chanyeol leaves to Japan to visit his sick grandpa. My hyung is also busy with his life… So yeah, my summer holiday is lonely and boring.”

“At least you’re breathing, be thankful about it.” Eunji sipped her soda and looked around at her surroundings.

“I can’t be more thankful than being able to meet you, dearest.”

As expected, Eunji stepped on his shoes angrily. “You really are trying to detest me.”

“I’m only showing you my affection…” Baekhyun defended himself. “Anyway, Jung, what are you planning to do tomorrow?”

Eunji knew he would ask her to go somewhere, she knew his tone too well. “I’m busy tomorrow. I promised Jinwoon oppa to help him to buy something.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

Baekhyun scrunched up his nose and looked at Eunji tentatively. “Funny…” He whispered, “… Because I already asked your brothers and he said that you won’t have any plans for tomorrow.”

Eunji cursed at her brothers mentally, why they would conspire to let their precious, beloved, adorable younger sister to go out with someone as harmful, dangerous player like Byun Baekhyun. They sure were already possessed with his charms.

“Why should I go with you, anyway?”

“Maybe because I’m a charming, admirable, too good to be true, boyfriend for grumpy, frowning, but still able to pout-cutely-like-what-she-is-doing-right-now Jung Eunji?” He tried to answer. “And it’s free! You don’t have to pay for everything, because I’ll provide all for you.” He added.

“Are you showing off about how much money you have, sunbae?”

Baekhyun’s face fell. “I’m not!”

“Then why did you say that I don’t have to pay for anything, because you will provide them for me?”

“Well, I…”

“I’ll go with you, under a condition.” Eunji looked at Baekhyun right into his dark orbs. “You will let me pay for our food.”

“But, Eunji—”

Eunji cut him off. “—Your choice, sunbae.”

Oh, how much Eunji wanted to capture this moment. She loved it very much to see the flustered Baekhyun, trying to find a way to negotiate with her.

“Okay…” Baekhyun said with a sigh. “Okay, you’ll pay for the food.”

She smiled. “It’s settled then.”

They spent their times by talking about how tired Yonghwa was to prepare this showcase and how Yonghwa and Seohyun relationship would go on after Yonghwa debuted. And each time Eunji talked eagerly, Baekhyun tried to hold back a wide smile of his, feeling happy because gradually, the younger let him to approach her, even sometimes she would build another wall to stop him reaching her.

And Baekhyun wished, gradually, her feelings for Kyungsoo could be washed away. So it would make things easier for everyone.

***

It seemed like Baekhyun wanted to make Eunji not being burdened with his wealth, because when he picked her up tomorrow morning, Baekhyun only wore a blue shirt with dark jeans. His hair was still brown and wavy, but somehow he managed to look very handsome like that. He was listening to music because his earphones were still in his earlobes.

And Eunji thanked God because she didn’t try to look very decent, she only wore a floral dress and wedges. Softly, she patted his arm, made him startled a bit and turned around. He smiled looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter