Eighth

Beautiful Target
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“If only I'm the one you're headed toward, if only I'm the one who makes you smile.”

If It's Me – Yang Ji Won

 

"Where is it?"

Baekhyun blinked in confusion when he saw Eunji looked at him in anger. "Where is what?" He asked back.

"My picture. I asked Jinwoon oppa and he said you were the up who put me on my bed. It means, you are the culprit. Where is my picture?"

Baekhyun had a very good acting skill and he pretended to be an idiot. "I did put you on your bed. But I touched nothing! I swear I didn't take anything from your room. And wait.. Why are you suspecting me? Did you hope that somehow I fall in love with you?"

Eunji blushed. Baekhyun smirked when he saw that. It meant he was correct. This girl was thinking exactly like that. "Yah!" She yelled.

"I didn't take anything from your room, gangster. Not at all. I don't even like you.." You are such a liar, Baek. "So why should I take something useless like that?" Lie. You even stared at it when you woke up.

Eunji thought and nodded in agreement. But still, her eyes were curious when she looked at him. "You didn't take anything, right?"

Baekhyun nodded.

"Not even touching?"

"Yuck, no. I could get fever if I touched your stuffs." He lied flawlessly.

"Yah, I'm not that disgusting, sunbae. In this conversation, you are the only one who is sickening."

"Just be careful, Eunji. You would beg to take your words back when you realized you fell for me."

"Believe me, sunbae, I won't take them back. I tell the truth, remember?"

"Just be careful, baby. You can't predict your own future. Specially your future with me." Baekhyun smiled. He loved teasing this girl.

"Oh, please, sunbae, I know you fall in love with me, but you don't need to act sassy like that. If you could act sweeter, I guess I could give you a shot."

Baekhyun was taken aback. He never saw it coming. He never thought Eunji would say something like that. "Yah, I told you that I don't like you!" Unbelievably, he found himself lying. It was like his brain was telling that he has just lied.

"Okay then." Eunji shrugged and ate her breakfast with Baekhyun sat across her. When Eunji became aware of Baekhyun's eyes were locked on her, she howled, "What are you looking at? Eat your breakfast!"

Baekhyun his lips. "You could be my breakfast, if you allowed me."

Eunji grinned. "Woonie Oppa!"

"Yah!!" he tried to cover Eunji's mouth with his hands. "What is that for?!" He asked worriedly.

"Life lesson, don't pick a fight in your enemy's house." She stuck out her tongue playfully and continued eating her breakfast, while Baekhyun was smiling meaningfully. Why is she so cute when acting like that?

This morning, Baekhyun had a family breakfast with Jung Siblings. He enjoyed how cool Yonghwa was when preparing breakfast. It was simple though, just sandwiches with milk. He wanted to laugh when he realized Jinwoon was reading newspaper in the morning, just like elders. But what amazed him the most was how beautiful Eunji's voice when she sang in the bathroom. Baekhyun still didn't know why he felt something was jumping rapidly.

Eunji checked her vibrated phone and smiled. Baekhyun could tell that it was Kyungsoo, who texted her. Because only that guy could make Eunji smiled widely like now. She looked at Baekhyun. "Are you finished?"

"No. I'm even thinking of getting more sandwiches, so I don't have to grab my lunch. Why?" He asked strangely.

"Great! Can you stay for another minute so I could go first?"

"Depend on your situation."

"Kyungsoo is here and I'm going to school with him. I don't need you or Jinwoon oppa to disturb my quality time with him." She smiled widely to Baekhyun, hoping the guy would understand and agreed.

But it wasn't Baekhyun if he let that go. He was born as a party crasher. "On second thought, I think I'm full. Let's go! Hyung, thank you for the clothes and the room and also the delicious breakfast! We're going!" Baekhyun bowed down and walked happily with Eunji's hand linked in his.

Both Jinwoon and Yonghwa waved and let them go.

Eunji swore she would kill this stupid senior soon. When she saw Kyungsoo was looking at them in puzzled expression, quickly she let her hand go and greeted him cheerfully. She didn't want to miss any second to be next to him.

Baekhyun, who was walking behind them, only smiled dejectedly. He didn't know why but he felt fire burned his mind seeing those two freshmen talking happily. Baekhyun stopped walking when he realized he ever experienced this situation before. Looking at his special girl with his special guy. With biting his lower lips, he secretly hoped that he still had chance to keep picking fights with her.

***

Baekhyun was greeted with a delicious milk tea when he has just closed his locker. He turned his head and saw Jongdae and Chanyeol beamed in happiness. "We heard someone has acted naughty~~" Chanyeol teased.

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. "What bull are you talking about?"

Jongdae grinned. "Don't act that innocent, Byuntae. We heard from Baekbom hyung. He said you were staying at Eunji's house last night. Geez, what kind of relationship are you two in now? Friends with benefits?"

"Yah, right before I get the benefits, my head would be cut already by Jinwoon hyung. And no, I'm not in any kind of relationship with her. If there is forever enemy relationship, then we are in it." Baekhyun responded

"Well, poor you. You should try harder to get her inside your pants, dude." Jongdae's words reacted his best friends in different ways. Baekhyun kicked his and Chanyeol hit his head.

"Stop being an idiot ert, Kim Jongdae!" Baekhyun and Chanyeol screamed at him, while Jongdae was cursing and rubbing his head then his .

"F U." Jongdae cursed.

Baekhyun stopped talking when he detected that familiar laugh. He smirked when he saw Kyungsoo and Eunji were moving towards Minah, who was busy with her locker. "Look at them." Baekhyun pointed Eunji, Kyungsoo, and Minah with his eyes. "They won't last long, believe me."

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and hit his head. "Yah, you can't say that! I know that you like Eunji, but you can't say something like that."

Baekhyun stepped on Chanyeol's shoes. "Yah! I don't like her! Stop saying that or I will kick your like I did to that dumb Jongdae!"

"Okay, okay. You don't like her. Okay, I get it." Chanyeol nodded, pretending to understand.

"Now back to our topic, shall we?" Baekhyun looked at Eunji, who was laughing about something Kyungsoo said. She was too obvious, he swore. Even her eyes were filled with longing and love. That stubborn moron, Baekhyun grumbled. "Let's put on a bet."

"What bet?"

"Who would that big eyes guy choose? The pretty one or that gangster?"

"Yah! You can't make bet on someone's love life! It's rude, !" Chanyeol, as the concerned and the kind one as always, tried to stop Baekhyun's stupid suggestion.

"I'm in!" Jongdae agreed on Baekhyun's stupid bet. "I bet Do Kyungsoo will choose that pretty girl over Eunji. It's not that Eunji isn't beautiful, but if I were him, I would pick her and not Eunji."

"Me too." Baekhyun nodded. "And you, giant?" He looked at Chanyeol, who was shaking his head. "Come on, Channie! It won't hurt anyone! It's just the three of us!" Baekhyun tried to convince him.

Chanyeol gave in. "I bet that guy will choose her too, and not Eunji." Chanyeol found his two best friends' eyes widened. "If you were smart, you could see his eyes. He locked his eyes more often to her than Eunji." Jongdae and Baekhyun looked at Eunji, Kyungsoo, and Minah, but didn't find anything weird. He rolled his eyes. "Guys like you won't understand." He walked off, leaving his best friends behind.

Jongdae glanced at Baekhyun. "What's wrong with that freshman's eyes?"

Baekhyun shrugged. "Oddly big and weird."

Jongdae chuckled and did high five with Baekhyun. "You are mean, dude."

"He doesn't hear anyway." Baekhyun smiled and walked to his classroom.

***

From all her best friends, Hyunwoo spoiled her best. That was why right now, she sat next to him and put her head on his arm. Unlike his fragile figure, his arms were muscular. "Wooya." She called him.

"Hm?" He was busy doing his paper.

"Do you think I have a chance to be with Kyungsoo?" Hyunwoo stopped writing. He followed Eunji's gaze. That girl was staring at Kyungsoo, who was helping Minah prepared some notes for the teacher. They laughed for several times, made Eunji felt irritated.

"Of course, you do, Ji. You are beautiful, kind, cheerful, and friendly. Who doesn't want to be with you?"

"But Kyungsoo has never laughed like that when he is with me." Eunji sounded very sad.

Hyunwoo his lips and decided to continue his papers later. He got more important issue right now. "Look at me."

Eunji shook her head and played with his pen. She drew broken hearts in Hyunwoo's book, like wanted to tell that she was aware had no chance to be with Kyungsoo. Hyunwoo looked at Minah and Kyungsoo again and realized the sparks very well. He didn't know what relationship they were in, but something must be happened. Because they looked too close right now.

"Ji, look at me."

Eunji still didn't want to look at Hyunwoo.

"If you don't want to look at me, okay. But there is something you should know, Ji. You are the kindest girl I've ever met. Remember on our first day, you approached me first? You were conscious that I am a social awkward. But you reached me. You introduced me to Kyungsoo and Chanhee, remember? And when the class laughed about Tao's bad pronunciations, you didn't. You kindly stood up and helped him, remember? You made yourself as a joke too."

Eunji slowly looked up. Her eyes were wet, but there was no tear fall yet.

"And Sungjong? Did you remember you almost throw the chair to Baekhyun hyung when he said Sungjong w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter