Twenty Fourth

Beautiful Target
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you think about me like I do? Do you cry for me sometimes? And sing a sad song again, like I do now…”

Sad Song – Baek Ah Yeon

 

Eunji watched Baekhyun hissed in pain as Eunji placed the frozen food on his cheek. As expected of an older sibling, Jinwoon landed a nice punch and it made Eunji widened her eyes in shock – if she wasn’t a second faster, Baekhyun might be turned into dough and fed for the homeless children.

“You should apologize, oppa…” Eunji muttered as she saw Jinwoon was walking in to the kitchen. He took a glass of cold water and gazed at hissing Baekhyun. Eunji was sitting in front of him and watched her older brother. “You shouldn’t hit him.”

“Yeah, right…” Jinwoon rolled his eyes. “He shouldn’t kiss you in public like that.” he defended himself and Baekhyun stopped hissing.

“But still, oppa, you’re being so childish. Yonghwa oppa never complains like you,” Eunji pouted at him and glanced at Baekhyun. “You’re feeling better?” she asked him worriedly.

“Hyung never complains because he has someone else to take care of,” Jinwoon reasoned out and sat across the couple. He knew he was odd – he gave them his blessing but still acted as if Eunji was a pure, innocent girl that couldn’t be taunted with Baekhyun’s dirty mind.

“Then why don’t you just man up and confess to Min eonni?” Eunji finally dropped the main question that was enough to make Baekhyun hissed in pain again (because he was about to smile mischievously at the older) and Jinwoon choked on his water. Eunji was being oblivious as she continued, “You both are graduating soon, oppa… And I don’t think being distant and cold will bring you anywhere close to her. Min eonni has her patience limit, you know, I just don’t want you to regret it later,” she explained and she glanced back at Baekhyun, who was nodding in agreement.

“I don’t like her—” Jinwoon was cut off.

“—keep telling that to yourself, hyung, and believe me you’ll get exhausted of lying to yourself.” Baekhyun butted in and he earned a glare from the older. “But Eunji is right, hyung. Don’t you want to know what Min noona has for you?”

Jinwoon looked at the couple carefully before he stood up and said, “Just don’t kiss in public again, Byun, or I’ll kill you.” he said with a warning tone.

“Got it, hyung, no kiss in public.” Baekhyun made an OK sign with circling his thumb and index finger and pressed the frozen food on his cheek – his eyes followed the shadow of the second son of Jung family leaving the room.

When Baekhyun turned around, he needed a moment to calm down his heart because Eunji was this close to him and they were exchanging oxygen, something that only happened if they planned to do something racy. But the concern look Eunji gave as she studied his face, made Baekhyun realized why he fell for her at the first place; because the female was very beautiful in her own ways.

“Yah,” Baekhyun said and her orbs shifted to look at his. “If you’re standing so close to me, I don’t think Jinwoon hyung will let me go home today,” he joked and Eunji giggled as well. “How do I look?” Baekhyun asked and Eunji shrugged. “… That bad?” he wondered in afraid.

“If somebody asks, just say that you were protecting me from some jackasses,” Eunji stepped away and ruffled his hair. “It will make you look cool and none will judge you as a notable ert,” Eunji continued and placed a glass of water in front of him.

Baekhyun sensed Eunji was staring at him ever since. “I’m aware I’m that good looking, sweetheart, but please… Don’t make it too obvious.” he faked a shy laughter and Eunji rolled her eyes at him. “So, what will you do tomorrow after school?” he changed the topic as he finished the water. “Should we go on an ice cream date?” he asked with a wink.

“Yah, sunbae, stop winking or you won’t be able to see lights again,” Eunji threatened and Baekhyun frowned at her. “I think I’ll go to library after school. I need to finish my assignment.”

“Yah, can’t you forget your assignment for a day?” he looked at her with his puppy eyes. “Let’s go on an ice cream date~~” he whined like a child that made Eunji wanted to kiss him.

“Sunbae, you can ask me to go out with you anytime you like, but I think you should put school on your number one priority. I don’t want to have a stupid boyfriend, you know…”

“I’m not stupid—ouch—no, I’m not! I just… I like to play more than study…” he reasoned out and glanced at Eunji. “And what’s with sunbae, stop calling me that and call me oppa instead. My friends at school are thinking you don’t like me that much to call me oppa… My fans even call me oppa even I don’t recognize them.”

Eunji took turn to pout, as she took a good look at his bruise. “But I’m comfortable with calling you sunbae,”

“But I don’t feel comfortable with you calling me sunbae.” Baekhyun sat up and put away the frozen food to get a better look of his girlfriend. “Look at me.” he commanded.

“I am,” Eunji replied stupidly. What else should she look at if it wasn’t her boyfriend (yes, that might sound cheesy).

Baekhyun smiled widely. “Repeat after me, Baekhyun.” he pressed his tone at his name.

“Baekhyun,” Eunji parroted and snorted – what, Baekhyun now tried to teach her calling her boyfriend’s name?

“Great.” he nodded in satisfaction and continued, “From now on, I don’t want to hear you calling me sunbae. Call me by name and I’ll do the same to you.” he blinked and Eunji could see sparkles inside his beautiful eyes. “Do you understand that, Eunji?”

There’s something in the way Baekhyun called her by name that sent tickly sensation inside her belly. Maybe it was the way Baekhyun said that or the way Baekhyun looked at her. After all, she was beyond thrilled.

“But, sunbae—”

Eunji was cut off with a soft peck on her lips. “—I’ll kiss you if I hear another sunbae comes out of your mouth. Do you copy that?”

Eunji was flushed pink and she looked away – Baekhyun used that to savor the moment. How he enjoyed to see the mortified Eunji – what the hell! – he turned around to see who dared to pull him by the collar.

And Baekhyun was stupefied.

“YAH, BYUN BAEKHYUN! THIS IS MY HOUSE!”

“BUT HYUNG, YOU SAID NO KISSING IN PUBLIC—OUCH—EUNJI SAVE ME!”

 

 

Chanyeol was staying at Jongdae’s house for umpteenth time – because the Kim Brothers’ house would always be noisier than his own – and he was now lying down on Jongdae’s bed writing down his vision and mission if he were voted to be School President. He tapped his pen on his chin several times whenever he felt like losing an idea. Jongdae wasn’t at home for a soccer game with his neighbors, Baekhyun too was maybe with Eunji, and the only hope he had now was only the tan boy sitting in front of the TV groaning about how cliché a Korean drama was.

“Hyung, look at this!” Jongin pointed at the screen with a remote – it was UEE with Sung Joon were confessing – “do you really think that love can come that easy? Whoa, I can’t believe this. They just met for some days and UEE is already falling for him. Ck,”

Chanyeol glanced up and watched the scene, “UEE is beautiful,” was his comment.

“Oh yeah, so is my mother.” Jongin replied sarcastically and he jeered at the taller. “Hyung, you seriously don’t understand what I was saying, do you? You really should fall in love anytime soon…” Jongin crossed his arms and continued, “Isn’t there any girl that captured your attention?”

“No, there isn’t.” Chanyeol went back to his paper and wrote down a mission that crossed his mind. But something bugged him that made Chanyeol paused and craned his head to see Jongin, he was still complaining about how cheesy Sung Joon was and how naïve UEE was for accepting his confession just like that. “Jongin,”

“Yes, hyung?”

“Do you know that Sehun has some kind of feelings—”

“—toward Jinri, yes I do.” Jongin cut him off and it made Chanyeol widened his eyes in surprise. “What, you don’t think I am that oblivious, do you hyung? I’m his best friend…, of course I notice those little things. Just like you notice how Jongdae hyung likes that Eunji noona’s friend, I do too. I was just being polite for not telling him since Sehun didn’t want to talk about it with me.” Jongin changed the channel and clicked his tongue because there were no good shows to watch. He turned it off and joined Chanyeol on the bed. “And I also know that Jinri likes you ever since, hyung.” he took out his phone and checked the messages. “What do you think about Jinri? Her height matches you, don’t you think? She’s pretty too, and kind. She’s an amazing best friend and I think she will make a perfect type of girlfriend.”

“… How can you say that when you know Sehun likes her?” Chanyeol frowned. He put away the paper and leaned his back on the sheets with sighing heavily. “Sehun even asked me to accept her if she confesses one day, but then I encouraged him to change his mind and he said he won’t let me have her.” he pressed the pillow on his face and groaned, “this is why I never intended to fall in love… It’s complicated yet people enjoy it,”

Jongin slapped his flat stomach with a giggle. “It’s not love is complicated, hyung. It’s the person. Why do you like someone that definitely likes somebody else? Why don’t you move on if your ex is already happy with their life?” Jongin replied him with rhetorical questions that enough to make Chanyeol shifted the pillow to see the younger’s facial expression. “It’s not and never the love, hyung. Love is simple; you grow fond on someone and that’s it. But when feelings and brains attach, you won’t get that simple love story.”

“You’re good,” Chanyeol sat up and patted his back. “Based on personal experience, I assume?”

Jongin laughed and nodded thinly. “I may look like a middle schoolboy, but my heart is mature. I think I will be a professor if there’d be a love philosophy major.”

Chanyeol broke into laughter and smacked the younger with the pillow. “You’re so vain, Kim.”

“I know, hyung, I am the vainest Kim of family.” Jongin made a V sign with his index finger and middle finger with the cutest facial expression he had.

“… Anyway, who is she? Is she a friend of yours?” Chanyeol asked out of curiosity.

Jongin tapped on his phone carelessly and nodded slightly. “Um, not really… We don’t talk like friends, like I do to Jinri, but well, we acknowledge each other. I think it’s enough?” Jongin caught a glimpse of Chanyeol looking at him. “Um, long story short… She sent me a gift using an event at my school on Valentine’s Day. She was… Ugh, the kind of confessing I think. But the thing was… I didn’t have any thought to start a relationship, not at the moment. So I returned the gift and well, let’s just say she was sad…,” Jongin ran a hand to his fluffy brunette hair. “And after that, she won’t spare a second to look at me anymore. Since that too, I grew curious about her. Don’t know whether this is because of curiosity or something else, but I began to notice her. Hyung, your handsome dongsaeng is going crazy, don’t you think?”

Chanyeol looked at the younger with a small smile, Jongin knew that smile. It was a meaningful teasing smile, but Chanyeol only shook his head. “No, I don’t think so. It’s fine, I guess. You felt guilty at first and then you notice her too much than you supposed to do. I can relate to that,”

“Do you also act like that to Jongdae hyung’s crush?” Jongin’s question was innocent and harmless, but it was enough to make Chanyeol paused and had some moments thinking.

“No,” he finally shook his head. “Jongdae is my best friend and I don’t suppose to feel anything like that. Well yeah, I felt guilty and stuffs to her, but because I know Jongdae will make her happy, I decided to step back and let him man up. But the difference between us, dude…” Chanyeol make motions with pointing Jongin and himself, “you don’t have a friend that you need to worry about. It’s all on you. Do you really only feel curious or maybe, just maybe, do you feel something else towards her? It’s not like a bad news to like someone,” Chanyeol puffed his cheeks. “Is she pretty?”

“You’ll meet her anytime soon, hyung. She’s going to your school as well,” Jongin sat up and glared at the giant beside him. “By the way, hyung, are you done with your vision and mission? Do you need help?”

Chanyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter