Twelfth

Beautiful Target
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I like you more and more, even though I see you everyday.”

Mr.Chu – APink

 

Eunji bit her lower lips. She tried to reach Bomi, but her phone was out of service. She looked at her bed, which was full with clothes in hopeless look. She has never dated anyone before in her life and she wanted to make a good impression for him. Well, even this wasn't Kyungsoo, but still this was her first date. She wanted to make it memorable.

Her phone vibrated, so she decided to open it. She rolled her eyes when she realized it was Baekhyun.

Jackass Byun: Wear something nice.

Gangster Jung: Jeans and T-shirt are nice.

Jackass Byun: Heck no, Jungie.

Gangster Jung: Yah, Byun Baekhyun! Don't call me that! You're not allowed!!!

Jackass Byun: Just wear something nice. Dress is nice. You have dress, right?

Jackass Byun: So you prefer I'm calling you babe? :3

Gangster Jung: I'll see.

Gangster Jung: No, still no -__-

Jackass Byun: Great. I will get you tomorrow at 8 sharp.

Jackass Byun: Why? TT.TT

Gangster Jung: 8 AM? PM?

Gangster Jung: We're not that close.

Jackass Byun: Duh. AM, of course.

Jackass Byun: So sleep early, okay? I'll see you soon, my love <3:*

Gangster Jung: YAH BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!!!

She walked back and forth. She didn't know what to wear at all. But then, she found an idea and walked out the room. Eunji smiled when she saw Yonghwa, who was busy talking with his girlfriend in the living room.

"Eonni! Can you help me?" She pulled Seohyun away from Yonghwa.

"Yah, Jungie!" Yonghwa protested.

"Oh, oppa. This is an emergency! You can always have Seo eonni, I just borrow her this once. It won't be long. Promise." She walked away with Seohyun laughed seeing Yonghwa's face fell.

When they got in to the room, Seohyun's eyes rounded. Clothes were thrown everywhere. "Eun, are you going somewhere?"

Eunji nodded nonchalantly. "Yes."

"Where to?"

"I don't know.." She answered honestly. "But he asked me to wear a dress. And you see, eonni, I don't have a dress."

"He?" Seohyun asked, like trying to make sure she wasn't misheard.

"He." Eunji nodded.

"Oh God! You're dating someone! Oh my God!" Seohyun seemed excited.

"Eonni!" She blushed. "It's nothing, okay?! It's nothing! Please don't exaggerate it."

"It's not nothing, okay?! It's something! It's everything!" Seohyun seemed way more excited than her. "So tell me, who is this guy? Does he come from our school? Do I know him? Is he kind? Is he handsome? He should be handsome and brave to ask you out, Eun! Since Jinwoon is hard to lure, right?"

"It's Baekhyun, Seo."

Eunji and Seohyun looked at the opened door and there were Yonghwa and Jinwoon standing.

Seohyun clapped her hands. "Baekhyun? Byun Baekhyun? Ah! No wonder! He likes to tease you, doesn't he? He always picks fights with you. Just so you know, Eun, Yong oppa was also like that. He kept picking fights with me and tried to get me on nerves. He did that because he liked me. And look at us now! Two years together!"

Eunji looked at Yonghwa teasingly. "Really, oppa? Whoa, I can't believe you're such a jerk too."

"That's why he let Baekhyun go out with you. Because they're just the same." Jinwoon said, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, come on, Woonie! You are too strict! Maybe I should find you a girlfriend." Seohyun smiled. "What's your ideal type? Short? Petite? As gigantic as you? Double eyelids? Just tell me and I will find you one! Oh! Oh! Do you know, Min? From 3A? Rumor has it, that she likes you. I can ask her to go on a blind date with you..." Seohyun smiled widely.

"Yah! Seo, if only you're not my hyung's girlfriend, I killed you already!" His face reddened. "No, I don't need a girlfriend. I need a college to go to."

"Boring..." Seohyun snickered. She then looked back at Eunji. "Yah, Eun, how about this? I lend you my dress!"

"But, eonni.. You're way thinner than me. I don't think the dress will fit me." Eunji hesitated.

"Oh, Eun, you're thin! Wait here, okay? I will be right back! Oppa, let's go home! I have so many things to pack! And, Eun, prepare extra blankets and pillows, I guess we will do sleepover today. Oppa, let's go!"

Seohyun and Yonghwa left Jinwoon and Eunji. Things went awkward when Jinwoon stepped in to her room.

"I never thought you have lots of clothes, dongsaeng." He said and started to fold her clothes. "This skirt is cute." He picked the mint colored A line short skirt.

"It's your birthday present for me last year, oppa." Eunji smiled widely.

"Ah, true. That's why it seems familiar." He took a look at his younger sister. "So how do you feel about going tomorrow?"

"Nervous." She honestly answered. "But excited. Maybe because it will be my first date, oppa. How did you feel when you were on your first date?"

Jinwoon tried to regain his memory. "Nauseous. I wanted to throw up when I picked her up. But when I saw her, I knew everything will be okay. My advice for you is simple. Don't expect. Let him surprise you. Let him make you feel loved. Even if it went bad, keep your smile. It would encourage him to feel proud."

"Oppa.." She sighed, seemed unsure to ask. "But why are you letting me go with Baekhyun sunbae? You didn't act like this when it comes to Kyungsoo. Are you two on scheme?"

"No! It's a no way, Jungie!" He quickly shook his head. "Well, to be honest, I know Baekhyun better than sweet guy. I know, even Baekhyun sometimes loud and noisy, make you want to cut his mouth off, actually he is nice and kind. He is loyal too. And he will take a great care of you. This sweet guy may be nice and kind like Baekhyun.. But I don't know him. I can't trust him about you." He patted Eunji's hair. "I want you to get the bests, Jungie. So I let you go on a date with Baekhyun, because I know Baekhyun is better than that sweet guy."

"But I like Kyungsoo better than Baekhyun sunbae, oppa..." She frowned.

Jinwoon pinched her cheeks playfully. "Sometimes, Jungie, what you see is not what you want. It's not like I'm experienced about dating, because I'm not. But, Jungie, tell me. Why do you like this sweet guy?"

Eunji smiled cheerfully. "Easy! Because he is kind, friendly, his heart shape lips.. How should I say this? It's so addictive. He is smart, loyal, and everything about him is fine. Why do you ask, oppa?"

"When you know why you like someone, it's a crush. When you have no reason or explanation, it's love." Jinwoon answered casually, like he didn't say anything harmful.

Eunji was taken aback with Jinwoon's nice speech. "Oppa.." She trembled.

"If you fall in love with him because  bunch of reasons, when the reasons are gone, your love is gone too, dongsaeng. Trust me. I've experienced this one." He chuckled when he saw Eunji was speechless. "It's okay, it's okay. You will understand this better later when you feel it by yourself. I'm just saying. Telling you before it happens."

She hugged Jinwoon firmly. Even she was scared and startled with Jinwoon's honest remark, she knew deep inside that Jinwoon was only trying to make sure that she understood that sometimes things wouldn't go as expected.

"There's no doubt you are my best brother, oppa."

 

 

Jongdae already chewed his fifth cupcake when Bomi arrived. He coughed hard and Chanyeol kindly gave him a glass of water. "Slowly, dude. You're going to choke yourself." Chanyeol warned. If only Chanyeol knew the reason Jongdae choked on cupcakes.

Jongdae never thought Bomi could look so perfectly fine without uniform. He never saw her in casual outfits, so when he noticed Bomi in summer floral dress, he lost his mind.

"Good afternoon." Bomi smiled and bowed down politely.

"Oh, hello, Bomi!" Chanyeol waved his gigantic hands. The difference between Chanyeol and Jongdae, Chanyeol never took a good attention to a girl, who tried to impress him. "Come, come, you can sit here." Chanyeol casually pointed at the empty chair beside him.

Bomi blushed then quickly shook her head. "No, no, no. It's okay. Jongdae sunbae, can you move?"

Jongdae saw the blush and gulped. "Yah, why are you refusing his offer, Bomi?! He's being nice! As his junior, you should accept it!" Jongdae unexpectedly scolded her.

Bomi blinked. She didn't move an inch but stood up there like a statue.

"Yah, Bomi, just sit here. It's clean, I swear." Chanyeol grabbed her arm and made her sit beside him. "It's not that hard, right?" He smiled. "Anyway, thanks for being here."

"Oh.. Yeah.. My.. My pleasure." She stuttered.

Chanyeol scrunched up his nose. "Are you okay? Your face is red." Chanyeol looked at her face attentively, made Bomi went redder. "It's so red. Do you get fever?"

"No, no, no, no, I don't. I'm fine, sunbae. It's just... Nothing. I'm okay, sunbae." Bomi looked at Jongdae, who let out a faint smile.

"I'm thinking of having another cupcake. Do you want some, Bomi?" Jongdae stood up.

"Yah, too much sugar won't do you good, Jong." Chanyeol said.

"Oh, shut up, ." He walked off.

Bomi moved uneasily on her seat, made Chanyeol flustered. "Are you sure you are okay, Bomi? Do you need to go to bathroom?" He asked.

"No. I'm fine, sunbae." Why he left like nothing awkward will happen?!

"Are you sure?"

"Hundred percents." Bomi faked a smile.

"So, Jongdae and I already discussed about the date tomorrow." He opened an A3 paper, that usually used to draw.

Bomi's mouth opened wide when she saw it was such a map. A big one. "You two did this?" She blankly asked.

"Yes, we did." Chanyeol felt proud. "Here we go. They will go to this place first. Just wear anything comfortable. But, since they will rent this for themselves, so you both can wait somewhere. Jongdae already prepared it." Chanyeol pointed another spot. "And this is the second place they will go to. You have to change the comfortable dress to the proper one. This is the last place. Everything is already set, so you don't have to worry about anything."

"But, sunbae.." She looked at puppy eyes Chanyeol and her beat quickened. "Why are you two so concerned about this? You two spend lots of money only for this stalking."

"Because..." Jongdae suddenly appeared with chewing another cupcake. "Stalking that Byun Baekdumb will be fun. We did these hundreds time before."

"Hundreds?! You mean.. You stalked him when he dated his past girlfriends? That's... Insane, sunbae!" Bomi raised her voice.

"We know." Jongdae nodded. "But our Byun is way stupid. I'm sure you heard about Taeyeon noona from Eunji, right? After her, he always dated wrong girls. And we don't want him to fall, so we had to stalk him. To make sure that girl is okay. But for Eunji, this one is special. We will stalk them for fun. Where will you find people like them going on a date?!" Jongdae sounded thrilled.

"Do you have any question, Bomi?" Chanyeol calmly asked.

Why can't I go with you? "No, sunbae."

"Good! Yah, Jong! You don't buy her anything?! What a gentleman you are!" Chanyeol yelled at his best friend. "Do you want anything, Bomi?"

"No, I'm full, sunbae."

"But they sell a very delicious red velvet cake here. I bet you will love it, Bomi."

"Okay then.."

"Great." Chanyeol ruffled her hair then left.

Jongdae sat back on his chair and looked at the view outside the glass window. "You can ask him to go instead of me, you know."

Bomi was taken aback. "What?"

Jongdae didn't look at her. "You can go with him. I can ask him to do that."

"No. Why are you asking like that, sunbae?"

Jongdae shrugged lightly. Still, his eyes didn't move. "Just in case you want to."

Bomi then realized what it was about. "No, sunbae. You are the one who asked me to go. And I agreed. Chanyeol sunbae is the one I like, but he didn't ask me, you did. And we're going. You and I. Okay? So, what time will you pick me up tomorrow?"

Jongdae turned his head and saw Bomi was smiling. To him. "Early."

"Sounds awesome. I'll see you soon."

***

"Flowers?"

"Done."

"Gift?"

"Done."

"Car key?"

"Done."

"Wallet?"

"Done."

Baekbom smiled proudly. "Go and get her heart, Baekki."

Baekhyun grinned. "Wish me luck, hyung."

"Always. And.. Ah. I will see you two later. Chaeyoung made me to have lunch with her in the same place as you. It's okay, right?"

Baekhyun shrugged. "It's fine as long as you don't tease me with that potty mouth."

"Settled."

"See you, hyung."

"Good luck."

 

 

"Jesus Christ. Is that me? Jung Eunji me?" Eunji looked at the mirror. She touched her cheeks, but Seohyun slapped her arm softly.

"Yes, that is you, Jung Eunji." Seohyun smiled happily.

"But this Jung Eunji is just.. Unbelievable." She pointed at the mirror.

Her hair was curled and Seohyun kindly used makeup on her, which she never used before in her life, except lip gloss and BB cream. The makeup made her looked prettier.

Seohyun took the dress up and Eunji looked at her in blank expression. "Eonni.." She muttered.

"Come on, let this fairy godmother grant your wish!" She beamed excitedly.

Right at eight in the morning, Jinwoon knocked Eunji's door. "Jungie, he's here!" He said then left.

Eunji looked at Seohyun. Her face was pale and she had panic attack. "Eonni, I think I can't do this. Can you tell oppa that I'm suddenly sick? Eonni, I feel nauseous. I think I'm going to vomit."

Seohyun chuckled and patted her arms, like wanted to encourage the younger. "You will be okay, Eun. Trust me. Come on. Let's steal his heart!"

Seohyun kept teasing her when she grabbed her hand, because it was ice cold. Eunji didn't say anything. Her mind was full and she had no idea how she will react to that stupid senior.

Eunji's jaw dropped when she saw Baekhyun was sitting next to her father and chatting in the living room. There were Yonghwa and Jinwoon too. He looked happy because Baekhyun chuckled about something her father said. Eunji her lips. Why did people fall for his charms? Why didn't people see his true colors?

But Eunji had to admit that she couldn't control the heat out of her body when he saw what Baekhyun wore.

Dear God, he wore a tuxedo with a bow tie and he looked flawless. Very very flawless.

"Cinderella has come!" Seohyun gleefully exclaimed.

All eyes, included Baekhyun's turned and locked at her.

Baekhyun was speechless. He had nothing to say. He even couldn't think of any mockery.

Because, hell, she wore a beautiful strapless long feet length laced dress. She looked pretty with her hair-do and the makeup. Everything about her was perfect. She was beautiful without makeup, and got more beautiful with it.

"Goodness, you look pretty, dongsaeng!" Jinwoon stood up and looked at her sister very carefully.

"Yah, Jungie! You look like a bride!" He looked at blushed Eunji and Baekhyun. "Are you both sure you go on a date, not make some wedding vows?"

"Oppa!" It was Eunji's response.

"Hyung!" was Baekhyun's.

"Over my dead body!" Unquestionably, it was Jinwoon.

Appa only blinked, then looked at Baekhyun. "Son, you should take a good care with my daughter. Can you promise me you will bring her safe and sound?"

Baekhyun nodded sheepishly. "Of course, Sir." He then stuck out his right hand and smiled charmingly to Eunji. "Shall we?"

Eunji blushed with his gentle attitude. She grabbed his hand and let him led her to the car. Oh my, she was like Geum Jan Di right now.

They waved at her family then left the house.

Baekhyun sometimes stole glances to Eunji. He still couldn't believe his gangster junior could be this pretty. Heck, she made his heart beat faster than ever.

"Ah, almost forget." He took the flowers on the back seat and handed the bouquet to her. "For you."

Eunji blushed harder. She was never treated like this by any guy. Her brothers didn't include, of course. "Thank you." She answered. "So, where will you take me in this early morning? Everyone must be sleeping at this time, you know."

"Well, I planned few places. But I guess we have to change the plan. I should take you to the church first."

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Why church?"

"So we can ask His blessing and the priest will make it official. Man and wife."

"Yah, Byun Baekhyun!!" She screamed.

"Kidding!! Really, Jung Eunji, can you not scream?! My ears are injured, thanks to you."

"So don't fool around, you stupid senior."

"Yah, gangster, do you really want to ruin the moment?"

"You started the war, sunbae."

"You make it worse!"

"You such a coward."

"What did you say?!"

"Shut it, okay?! Just let's stop this." She tried to avoid another stupid bickering. She sighed then asked, "Where are we going, sunbae? And you should answer this right. I will kick your balls if you don't."

"We're going to watch movies."

"Movies? Yah, sunbae, it's eight in the morning! There are no cinemas open!"

Baekhyun smirked. Oh, Eunji hated that annoying smirk. "Jung Eunji, you are going out with the majestic Byun Baekhyun. There is nothing, I repeat, nothing, impossible for me."

"When will you stop showing off, sunbae? That's disgusting."

"I told you before, didn't I? I'm disgustingly sweet and handsome."

She rolled her eyes. "Yah, sunbae! We watch movies in this?!" She pointed at her dress.

"Yeah, why?"

"People will look down at me! They will think I'm a runaway bride or something!"

"Then let them think us as runaway man and wife."

"BYUN BAEKHYUN!!"

***

"Good morning. Can I help you?" A very pretty worker behind the counter smiled at them two. Eunji could sense that her eyes were full with jealousy, seeing Baekhyun was standing beside her.

"I'm Byun Baekhyun. And I made a reservation before." Baekhyun made Eunji surprised. Geez, this dude was smooth.

She checked her computer then nodded in agreement. "Ah, right. Studio 4, I assume?"

Baekhyun smiled charmingly. Eunji swore the worker's face blushed like crazy. She took her words back. This woman was not pretty. At all.

"Well, you can go. The studio is ready."

Baekhyun grabbed Eunji's hand and they walked to the studio, ignoring all eyes looking at them. Baekhyun seemed relaxed, so Eunji tried as hard as possible to be relaxed.

The room wasn't really big, but it was huge only for them two. He let her sit in the middle and him beside her.

"So we are going to watch two movies. One is your favorite, and the other is mine."

"Do you think you know my favorite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter