Fifth

Beautiful Target
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hundreds of times a day, I think I should have known you.”

I Don't Know – APink 

 

"Chanyeol oppa!"

Baekhyun was aware that Eunji didn't call his name, but he couldn't help himself to look. He saw that girl walked closer to the giant who was smiling to her. This was the right time to show Baekhyun's special talent, eavesdropping and doing things at the same time. He could eavesdrop and help Jongdae to do some preparations for the talent show.

"What's up, Eunji?" Chanyeol asked.

"Well, you know.. I've never performed to anyone beside my family. Tell me, oppa.. How many people will watch, to be exact?"

Chanyeol thought. "Hmm, hundreds?"

"Hundreds?!" Eunji's eyes widened. "There are too many. God, do you think I will be able to do this? Oppa, I'm scared. Oppa, I guess I can't breathe."

There, there, pretended to be cute to get attention, Baekhyun grumbled.

Chanyeol massaged Eunji's arms to relax the junior. He smiled heartily. "Of course you can. Jinwoon hyung said you sing well, it means you sing very good."

"I guess Jinwoon oppa said that only to make me happy."

"But I guess not." He said. "As long as I know Jinwoon hyung, he won't compliment someone only to make the person happy or to take advantage. Jinwoon hyung is the person who will compliment after someone did the hardest work. Take me as example. I am the member of school's organization, who was planned to be kicked out at the first time. But look at me. I'm still here." He smiled. "Why do you think I stay? Because Jinwoon hyung made me work harder with his honesty. When I did bad, he screamed and cursed at me. He once said that he didn't need a handsome guy with an idiotic brain."

Eunji looked scared. Jinwoon could be that mean? "It was harsh. Did oppa really say that? Because even he is cold hearted, he is a very sweet protective guy at home."

Chanyeol nodded. "He did! But when he finally said that I did well, it was the happiest moment of my life, Eunji." He smiled. "So don't be scared. If Jinwoon hyung already said you are good, then you are good. You only have to prove that he didn't compliment the wrong person."

Eunji's eyes beamed. She nodded happily, after that she locked her eyes to the lyrics.

"Idiot. You're not going to do public speaking. You're going to sing."

The voice was familiar. Eunji looked up and saw Baekhyun who sat next to her, well, not literally sat next to her.

"Where is Chanyeol oppa?" She asked furrowed her eyebrows.

He pointed the tallest with his chin. That guy played his guitar and some kids were dancing.

"And what the hell are you doing here?"

"Protecting you." Baekhyun answered shortly and took the lyrics paper from Eunji's hand.

Eunji didn't complain about the paper. She chuckled mockingly. "You? Protect me? On a wheelchair? You must be joking."

"Never judge a book by the cover, sweetheart." Baekhyun responded. He hummed the song quietly.

Eunji didn't answer Baekhyun's mockery because her eyes fell to Kyungsoo who practiced dancing with his new friends. Eunji knew them two. They were Huang Zitao, who wanted to be called as Tao, and Lee Hyunwoo. Ah, seeing that guy ed his uniform was the hottest moment ever. "! Why does he look so delicious with that T-Shirt?!"

Baekhyun, who felt Eunji didn't pay attention to him, followed her gaze and found Kyungsoo was on his black T-Shirt only. Seeing the girl was busy daydreaming, he shook his head. He had no idea why, but it felt a bit painful.

"Yah! Why are you not wearing your uniform?!" Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo loudly, causing Eunji went back to real life.

Kyungsoo bowed down. "I felt hot, sunbae. And the uniform is already sticky and wet. Please let me use my T-Shirt."

Baekhyun wanted to say no, but Jongdae was the first one who answered Kyungsoo's request.

"Of course! Of course! Why not? As long as you still put your clothes on, it's okay. And don't listen to that sunbae, understand? That sunbae is stressed out because he can't play around with his best buddy, so he keep yelling and disturbing everyone. Just pretend you don't hear anything." Jongdae suggested.

"Yah, you son of a ! How could you say that to them?!" Baekhyun yelled.

Jongdae covered his ears with his hands. "Pretend don't hear anything." He said loudly, only to make Baekhyun got more pissed.

Eunji laughed. She laughed hard, made Baekhyun felt so irritated. "Hahahahahaha! Even Jongdae oppa... Hahahahaha. He doesn't want to hear you... Hahahahaha." She burst into laughter.

Baekhyun secretly smiled. Seeing the girl laughed hard like this was rare. And special. This was his very first time seeing the girl laughed in front of him. And he really wanted to make her laugh more in the future.

"Yah! Yah!" He pretended to be still annoyed. "Stop laughing. It's not that funny."

"It is!! You don't see..." Eunji tried to stop laughing, but ended with laughing even harder. "Your face! Hahahaha. Your face was so funny! Hahahahahaha." She held her stomach. "Oh.. Oh no.. My stomach.. Hahaha. Oh, God.. It hurts."

"Karma is a ." Baekhyun hissed.

"Laughing at you is a happiness. It's worth the karma." Eunji answered and held her stomach.

Baekhyun made a lopsided smile. "Are you ready?" He asked out of blue.

Eunji shook her head. "I planned to pretend to be sick, so I don't have to sing."

"Why? Lack of courage?"

"You can say that."

Baekhyun nodded in understanding. "Ah, I see what kind of person you are."

"And what am I, Byun Baekhyun?"

"Nothing but a coward."

"Excuse me?" Eunji sounded annoyed.

"Come on, let's face it. I can't believe this ruthless gangster has a stage fright. It's unbelievable and it doesn't fit you. It's cute. And you're even close to be cute."

Eunji realized that Baekhyun obviously tried to pick another endless fight of theirs. But she wasn't in the mood. She was too nervous to respond. She was too scared to mock her senior back. Her mind was in the middle of nowhere. The only thing mattered was that she had to give a very good performance, which she couldn't afford that time.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, saw the anxiety clearly. She seemed very scared. Her palms were wet by sweat. She kept shaking her hands, tried to relax, and wiping her wet palms. This girl was having a serious stage fright. And he knew that he shouldn't anymore.

"Yah."

Eunji turned her head and her eyes widened in surprise, seeing Baekhyun took her handkerchief and wiped her palms.

"W.. What.. What are you doing?" She stuttered. Her voice was trembling.

"Helping you to relax. You have to relax, gangster."

"I am relax."

"No, you are not. You are so stiff. You're not going to be a military army, you're only going to sing in front of some people." Surprisingly, Baekhyun's voice was soft and gentle.

"I think.. I think I can't do it. I have never performed to anyone before beside my brothers and my dad." She was caught off guard. She was too scared to think about her pride.

"You can." Eunji shook his head. Softly, Baekhyun lifted her face, so the girl now looked at him right eyes to eyes. "Just look at an object when you sing. It will help you to focus. You don't have to look at all of them. Just decide your object and look at it until you finish your song. And.. Voilà! You will be fine. Trust me."

Eunji smiled. She felt a bit relaxed. "And why should I trust you? We are not in a trusted relationship zone."

"Just call it a practice, babe. Practice makes perfect."

"If I wasn't nervous, I would punch your face, sunbae."

"And you will apologize to me again." Baekhyun smiled seeing the girl already more relaxed than before.

"I apologized because I was forced!"

"No difference, you still apologized to me yesterday. Or.. Ah! Should I remind you about the soft voice when you said you were sorry?"

"Yah, stupid Byun Baekhyun!"

"How could you call me that?! Call me oppa, like you call that camel and giant!"

"I prefer dating Chanyeol oppa than calling you that!"

"Like hell. I'm more handsome than Chanyeol!"

"But Chanyeol oppa is much better than you!"

"He has never dated any girl before! So he won't treat you good."

"Who cares?! I will be his first! It was the only thing matters."

They didn't realize that their fight has attracted everyone, included facepalmed Jongdae and blushed Chanyeol.

"Pretend not to hear, everyone. Pretend not to hear." Jongdae told them all, aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter