Thirteenth

Beautiful Target
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You're complicated like a maze, why do you keep pushing me away?”

Last Romeo – Infinite

 

"Home sweet home." Baekhyun mumbled when he opened the gate.

He arrived at Jongdae's house right at the midnight, after spending time driving with no place to go. He knew he couldn't go home today. He checked his cell phone and got ten messages from his mother, asking his whereabouts. Seemed like Baekbom also didn't come home.

Baekhyun took the door key under the doormat and opened the lock. As always, the habit of this family.

Jongdae's house was his second house after his own. Unlike him and Chanyeol, Jongdae lived with his brothers. His parents lived in another country, because they worked there.

He lazily opened Jongdae's room and found his two best friends were busy playing Play Station.

"How was your date, son of a ?" Jongdae asked.

"Perfect." He answered shortly.

"Perfect how?" Chanyeol curled his eyebrows. His eyes rounded when he saw something weird on Baekhyun. "What's with that red cheek?" Chanyeol asked innocently.

Baekhyun quickly covered his cheek with his hands, but Jongdae was faster. He held Baekhyun's hand back and saw a hand traced on it. "Yah, Byuntae. Who did this?" He asked curiously.

"It's nothing. It's my fault." He took his hand away and jumped to his bed.

It took seconds for Chanyeol and Jongdae to understand the situation. "Holy crap!" Jongdae exclaimed. "You didn't, Baekdumb."

"Sadly I did." Baekhyun answered.

"! How did she react?" Chanyeol sat beside Baekhyun.

"Don't you think her hand printed on him isn't enough to tell how she reacted, moron?" Jongdae huffed. "Yah, Channie, go get some ice for our ."

Chanyeol nodded and walked off, leaving Baekhyun and Jongdae.

And Jongdae, as expected, wouldn't stay calm like Chanyeol. He would dig to get information he needed. "Yah, son of a , care to explain what exactly happened to you?"

"It's nothing, camel. It was a stupid misunderstanding."

"And how the a misunderstanding leads to a slap, Byuntae?"

"Maybe I was taken by the flow?" Baekhyun tried to find a reasonable answer.

"Yah, bastard, really? Taken by the flow? How old are you? Twelve? You acted exactly like those stupid teenagers."

Chanyeol came back with the ice pack. He gave it to his best friend and sat beside him. "So.. You kissed her?" Chanyeol carefully asked.

"Mm-hm."

Both Jongdae's and Chanyeol's mouth opened wide.

"Oh my God, you numb nuts! How could you.. Dear God, I really should learn to stop cursing like this.. Kiss her?! Yah, you brainiac, do you think she will fall for it?" Jongdae yelled at him.

"I don't know! It happened, okay?! I thought it was the best way to prove her that I am serious with her! I made her cried.. That's why.. I.. Kissed her.."

"WHAT?!"

Chanyeol gulped. "Yah, Byun, you made her cried? What if Jinwoon hyung finds out?! He will cut your balls to pieces and burn them!"

"True!! But wait.. Why did she cry? What sin did you commit?" Jongdae interrogated.

Baekhyun opened and closed his mouth like a fish. He sighed heavily before said, "I met Taeyeon noona."

"YOU WHAT?!" Chanyeol and Jongdae screamed.

Baekhyun explained what happened to him clearly. He told everything. Baekbom hit his face, Eunji cried because of his own anger, he apologized to her with giving her a bracelet, which caused another misunderstanding, and finally he kissed her.

"Son of a ." was the comment he got from his best friends.

"Really? Isn't there any appropriate response?" He raised an eyebrow.

"What do you expect, jackass? Congratulations? Dude, for God's sake, what kind of guy are you? Giving her a bracelet, which you are very aware yours was given by Taeyeon noona? Yah, bastard.. Now I'm confused. Are you really in love with Eunji? Or.. Oh really, I really have to find a girlfriend to stop me from cursing... God, do you even already get over Taeyeon noona?!" Jongdae shook his head, confused with Baekhyun's super stupidity.

Baekhyun couldn't find words to say. He even had no clue. Was he over Taeyeon already? Was he real for thinking that he fell for Eunji?

As an answer, Baekhyun ruffled his hair.

"You bastard." Jongdae smacked his head. "I know you are a player, Byun, but can you please don't hurt both of them? I don't give a damn if you plan to steal Taeyeon noona away from her fiancé, because hell, I will let you go. But can you please, don't hurt Eunji? She's a nice girl."

"And she is super friendly. And the most important is.. She is the sister of a senior I adore the most." Chanyeol agreed.

"Didn't you stalk me like always, idiot?" Baekhyun suddenly asked, tried to change the topic. He was curious, because he didn't catch Jongdae stalking as always.

"I did, bastard. But I lost you at the cinema. So Bomi and I decided to stop stalking. Dude, next time, just watch the movie with everyone else, so I don't have to wait like a moron."

"Bomi?!" Baekhyun's face fell. "Bomi, as if Yoon Bomi?! Eunji's friend?"

Jongdae nodded. "But I saw you two for a while at the cinema. Eunji was stunning. Even Bomi took pictures when you two were together."

"She what?!" Baekhyun's eyes widened.

"But.. Since we can't find you, so I decided to go around. We went to Everland first, then we had dinner at the restaurant you reserved."

"You went on a date with Bomi?!" Chanyeol exclaimed. His eyes balls were about to fall. "! And here I am! Alone and played games with your brother!"

"No. It's not a date, idiot. We just went somewhere, because I lost this bastard." He pointed at Baekhyun. "And I paid for everything. How could I just let it go?"

"Duh, you're so stingy." Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Forgive me for not being so rich like you, ."

"How about Baekbom hyung, Baek? What will you do with him?" Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and laid his body on Jongdae's bed.

Chanyeol and Jongdae decided not to push him. He already had a rough day today.

Suddenly the door opened.

There was a guy walked in to the room with ruffling his hair. "Hyung.." He mumbled.

"Oh, Jongin." Jongdae stood up and reached him. "Why are you here? Can't sleep?"

"All of you are too noisy. I can't sleep hearing you three curse like they were spells."

"Ah, I'm sorry. Come on, let's go back to sleep. You must be very tired with dancing class, right?" Jongdae grabbed his younger brother's hand and left the room.

"What should I do, Channie?" Baekhyun whispered.

Chanyeol was about to continue his game. He looked at devastated Baekhyun and smiled dryly. "You have to apologize to her, Baek." Chanyeol sighed. "You can't let her hate you. You told me you love her."

"I said I thought I love her."

"Same difference. The point is you love her. But, dude, I should be honest with you, okay? You can't make her stay, if you, yes you, my man, is still living in the past. And I love you, bro, in your better and worse, but I won't be supportive with you, if you keep doing this to her."

Baekhyun was taken aback with Chanyeol's honesty. "I know. But how? I believe the only thing she wants to do to me right now is cut me to pieces."

"Grow up, mate. Don't let cowardice dominate you. You are the brave Byun Baekhyun. You can fix this."

"Are you sure?" He sounded unsure.

"Dude, I've been your best friend since we were kids. Who knows you better than me?"

Baekhyun smiled. "That is why I always love your optimism, bro."

Chanyeol smacked him with the pillow. "Don't force it."

"But honestly, I'm glad I kissed her." Baekhyun confessed.

"What?! Byun, are you losing your mind?"

"No, Park, I'm not. I'm glad because I am her first kiss." He smiled widely.

Chanyeol shook his head. "You really are a bastard. Jongdae was right for calling you that."

It took few minutes of silence before they chuckled. Chanyeol grinned seeing Baekhyun could laugh like that.

At least he succeed at calming his best friend down.

 

 

On the other hand, Eunji was hitting her pillow. She was furious. How dare he! How dare he kissed her like that?! What made that stupid senior could think that he deserves it?! Was it because he took her on a date?! That Byun Baekhyun!

She looked at the mirror and touched her lips. Dear God, why in the world her first kiss had to be that stupid senior?!

"That stupid senior!" She howled. "I will not talk to him ever again! I hate him! That jackass!!"

"How was the date, daughter?"

Eunji jumped in surprise, then turned around at the door and found her father smiled.

Eunji wasn't in the mood to talk about it. She made a face and went on her bed. "Fine." She mumbled in hushed tone.

Her father joined her and snuggled inside the blanket. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"Then why don't you feel excited? It was your first date after all. The very first time you're allowed by your brothers to go somewhere with a guy."

Because things didn't go as planned, Appa. "I'm excited."

"So is this your excited face?"

"Yes this is, Appa."

Appa caressed her hair. "Appa know you the best, Jungie." Eunji stared at Appa. "Something happened there? Because you see, I suddenly got an unexpected call."

She frowned. "A call from Taeyeon eonni, I guess?"

He nodded nonchalantly. "Yes. It was surprising though. It's been years since I don't listen anything from her. The last news I got was she moved to Japan―" Eunji cut him off.

"What did she say?"

"She told me about what happened today. She also told me about Baekhyun and her in the past. She wanted me to tell you that she was sorry about everything at the restaurant."

"Oh."

"How do you feel about it, dearest? Are you angry? Are you annoyed? Are you disappointed?"

"I feel betrayed." Eunji honestly answered. "I mean.. It's okay, I don't mind with the past they shared together. But I hate the idea that stupid senior used me as his shield to protect him, when I have no idea what happen to him. I hate him, Appa. Really, why should I meet that guy on the first place?"

Appa smiled. "Do you want to know a tiny fact, Jungie?"

Eunji only stared.

Appa smiled wider. "You meet thousands of people, and none of them really mean anything to you. And then you meet one person, and your life is changed forever."

Eunji didn't say anything. As a response, she yawned and hugged her father. "I'm sleepy, Appa."

"Let's sleep then."

Eunji faked her snores. Her eyes were still opened wide. She bit her lower lip.

Appa was right. Since she met him, her life has turned upside down.

 

 

Outside the room, Yonghwa and Jinwoon looked at each other.

"Taeyeon noona is Baekhyun's past?" Yonghwa asked in disbelieved.

"And they met when Eunji was also there? Whoa, that brat is going down." Jinwoon sounded annoyed.

"Hold that thought, Woonie. Hold that tought." Yonghwa quickly tried to stop Jinwoon. "Like it or not, Woonie, you have to start letting Eunji finishes her problems. She would be depending on us, if we keep finishing her problems."

"But, hyung! She is still a baby! She is not ready to solve her problems by herself! She will be frustrated!"

"So let her fix this one. If she gets frustrated, you can come and save her day."

"Are you sure?" Jinwoon seemed worried.

"Of course. If you were her, would you like it if I keep disturbing your problems?"

"No, hell no, hyung."

"That's the answer."

"But, hyung..."

"Yah, Woonie, I'm starving. Do we still have ddeokbokki left?" Yonghwa intentionally changed the topic.

"Yes. Do you want me to warm it for you?"

"Good dongsaeng." Yonghwa patted his back when they walked to the kitchen. "Don't worry, Woonie. If I am right, that Baekhyun must try hard to apologize to Eunji."

"I hope so, hyung."

***

They have been avoiding each other for the whole week, and so far, they made it. Baekhyun would ask Chanyeol to put or take his books from his locker, and Eunji would ask her boys to do it. In lunch time, Eunji was seen bringing her food to school and ate it along with Kyungsoo in the auditorium, or with the boys in soccer field. Eunji would always go home with Kyungsoo or ask Yonghwa to pick her up.

It was a perfect game plan, they thought so.

But fate sometimes could be meaner than harsh remarks. Even a perfect cruise like Titanic, could crash and drowned deep in the sea.

And this was what happened right now. They finally met.

Baekhyun and Eunji stopped moving when their hands were almost touched to open their beloved locker.

"You first." They said in unison.

They stared at each other for few millisecond, before Eunji saw Kyungsoo walked pass them.

"Oh, Kyungsoo!" Eunji quickly left Baekhyun, who seemed annoyed.

Kyungsoo smiled seeing Eunji walked closer to her. "Good morning, Eunji." He greeted charmingly.

"Good morning, Kyungsoo." She smiled. Oh, the comfortable feeling being around someone you like. "Did you do the History homework? I haven't finished mine."

"Me too. Do you want to work together?"

Eunji's eyes sparkled in happiness. "Really?"

"Yeah, yeah. I can come to your house or you can come to mine. Your choice."

"Okay!" Eunji nodded like a puppy.

Right after that, Minah came by and joined them. They chatted about everything and walked in to the class together.

The boys shook their heads when they saw Eunji was too innocent to understand, laughing because something Kyungsoo has said.

"I want to punch his face, Jongie." Chanhee grunted. "Is he really that dumb?! Can't he see our Ji falls for him?!"

Hyunwoo hit his arm lightly. "Not now, Chan."

Chanhee moved in displeasure. "Then when?! Eunji doesn't know! Eunji doesn't understand! Even Minah keeps shut. That girl."

"ChanChan, we can't accuse him like that. We have no prove. Trust me, Eunji won't believe us if we ask her to stay away from Kyungsoo. Worse, she might think we don't want her to be happy." Sungjong wisely explained. "So our best plan for now is pretending."

"Pretending?!" Chanhee scoffed. "Until when?! Until she knows and she cries a river?! Yah, Tao, give me a hand here."

Tao sighed and hit Chanhee's head. It wasn't hard, for Tao, but not Chanhee. "Jongie is right, ChanChan. We should be patient."

Chanhee pouted. "You three are lame." Then he saw Bomi walked in to the room. "Does Bomi know?" He asked. When his best friend shook their heads, Chanhee grinned. "Yah, Yoon Bomi!"

Bomi put her stuffs on the desk before walked to the boys. "Next time, Chanhee, greet me first."

"Okay. Good morning, baby Yoon Bomi."

She rolled her eyes. "I take my words back."

Chanhee chuckled. "We need your help." His voice was suddenly firm.

"What is it?" Bomi curled her eyebrows. She felt weird with the boys looked at Kyungsoo with cold stares.

"Don't let Eunji hang around too long with Kyungsoo, Bbom." Sungjong requested.

"Wait, what? Yah, how can I avoid her not to? Eunji likes Kyungsoo! Too much, I can tell you. She will feel suspicious if I ask her to stay away."

"Bbom, we should do this! This is the safest way to avoid Eunji from falling deeper!"

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Tell me why first."

Her friends glanced at each other before Tao finally answered, "We think Kyungsoo might have something with Minah."

"Minah?" Bomi's eyes widened. "Bang Minah? Our Bang Minah?! My tablemate?! Yah, are you all being serious?! Because, guys, this accusation is not a joke."

They nodded heartily.

Bomi went blank. "How do you find out?" She asked.

"I asked her best friend, you know, Park Jiyeon? She said they were dating for two years before." Hyunwoo answered.

"And Taemin, who went on same school before, said so." Sungjong added.

Bomi blinked. "Two years?! Oh, God.. That's why they keep sneaking peeks at each other every time." She shook her head.

"So you pay attention." Hyunwoo smiled at her.

"Yeah, since I'm her tablemate, of course I pay attention. I asked her for several times, but she didn't want to tell. But I found it awkward, because when Minah didn't stare, Kyungsoo would. But I thought.. Well, maybe because they are partners? I never thought they dated before!" She explained then facepalmed herself. "But guys, seriously, Eunji can't know! Not now, at least! She is in a horrible mood right now. Even Jinwoon sunbae was scolded by her."

"She is still in a bad mood because of that good date went bad?"

Bomi nodded. She didn't want to surprise her friends if she told the truth. They only knew that Taeyeon, who was a vocal coach at school, was part of Baekhyun's past, and turned out Eunji and Taeyeon were cousins. Eunji was disappointed with Baekhyun, but she was furious because what he did to her.

"We should distract her." Sungjong suggested. When the others furrowed their eyebrows, Sungjong continued, "To avoid Kyungsoo, Eunji has to be with someone else. And the only someone else we know is Baekhyun sunbae, right? So we have to do something, to make them reconciled."

"Yeah, right. Don't you remember how they avoid each other lately? They won't stand each other if they are in the same room!" Chanhee disagreed.

"But.." Tao smiled evilly. "If they don't know they will meet, they can't avoid each other, am I right?"

All eyes set on Tao.

"Awesome!!" They clapped at Tao's cleverness.

"Should I text Jongdae sunbae?" Bomi took out her cell phone of her pocket.

Her friends nodded. Soon after, Bomi was busy looking at her cell phone, smiled for no reason.

When the bell rang, Bomi put it back inside and sat beside Minah. She smiled as friendly as she could. But truth to be told, Bomi didn't feel comfortable anymore.

 

 

"For you." Chanyeol handed Baekhyun a croissant.

Baekhyun looked annoyed, but took it anyway. "Do I look hungry?"

Chanyeol shrugged. "For me, your face looks like hell."

"Excuse me, mister?" Baekhyun asked.

"Your face looks like hell." He repeated. "Maybe because you're staying in a shelter right now, whose owner is a dude, who has no idea to cook, except ramen and sunny-side-up egg, while your mother would cook whatever you want. You don't want to come back home, because your pride is higher than Namsan Tower. You borrow your landlord's clothes, whil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter