Twenty First

Beautiful Target
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I wanna hold you and kiss you.”

Unexpectedly – Jason Chen

 

“DUDES! I’M TAKEN!”

All eyes were locked at the screaming in happiness Byun Baekhyun and flushed Jung Eunji. Baekhyun showed off their hands holding and his smile was too wide until it seemed wider than the field they were on.

And unexpectedly, Jongdae and Chanyeol ran toward him, screaming as loud as Baekhyun did. Baekhyun let go of his grip and jumped in joy along with his best friends, “BYUN BAEKHYUN TAKEN! BYUN BAEKHYUN TAKEN~~~!!” They were cheering around and jumping triumphantly, leaving the girlfriend left dumbfounded alone.

“Oh God, I’m so prooouuuuuuuuddddddd~~~” Jongdae hugged Baekhyun, too tight until Eunji could see the paler was gasping for breath, “As your hyung, I’m so happy for you finally having a real girlfriend!”

As if their drama wasn’t enough, Chanyeol then added, “Me too! My best friend finally is not a pathetic single dude anymore! He’s taken, people! He’s taken!” with a cheerful tone.

Then their eyes shifted to the fidgeting female near them and they pulled her also in a tight hug. Whoa, she didn’t see this coming because they have never done this before. At all.

“Our Baekhyun may be irritating you in some ways, but believe us, when he says he loves you, he means it,” Jongdae whispered and patted her head, “You are lucky to have him in your life. We promise you that,” He raised a brow and let the giant took over the speech.

“… Just let me hug my sister-in-law once again,” Chanyeol hugged her tightly and let her go after Jongdae pinched him, signaling that their brother was definitely staring at them.

“You bastards…” He cursed, “I even don’t lay a finger on her,” Baekhyun said warningly.

“RUN!” Jongdae and Chanyeol quickly ran away, leaving the couple.

Not enough?

Well, blame it on Byun Baekhyun’s fame, so when they stopped their childish act, almost all seniors and his friends came around and patted his back, congratulating him for being able to make the coldhearted bastard’s baby sister fell in love with him.

“It’s called fate, hyung,” he jokingly kidded to one of the alumni. His smile lingered and never left at all when his friends were joking about his love life and congratulating them. It took some moments before finally Eunji and Baekhyun were left alone.

 Baekhyun took a hold of her hand and sighed, “Is this really happening?”

Eunji rolled her eyes, “No, it’s a dream,”

“Well, if it’s a dream, then I don’t want to wake up.” He grinned seeing their hands and added, “Your hand looks best intertwined with mine, by the way,”

Eunji flushed. “Cheesy.”

“You love this cheesy guy,”

“I am not,”

“Lie,”

“You’re really annoying, sunbae.”

“Oppa,” He pressed his tone, “Call me oppa.”

Eunji snorted, “Why should I?”

“Because I’m your boyfriend?”

“… It’s not related,”

“Well, do you see any dating couples call her boyfriend as sunbae instead oppa?”

Silence enveloped them. Eunji was too shy to call him oppa and Baekhyun was too headstrong to loosen his ego. But when Eunji saw his smirk, she knew it’s going to be something.

“I have an idea.” His playful smirk stayed.

“I don’t like your idea.” Eunji refused right away.

“You even don’t hear it yet!”

“I can imagine what that will be.” Eunji rolled her eyes again, heaving deep sigh.

“Quoting Alfred Hitchcock, ideas come from everything, and my idea is coming from you.” He smiled innocently, didn’t realize that line already sent shivers all over the younger’s body. She looked away, afraid if she looked back, she would fall even deeper to the male. “… So, I’m thinking about… Call me oppa once and I’ll let your hand go,” He raised their holding hands and smiled, “… If you don’t call me oppa until I count to three, I’ll kiss you until you’re breathless… And I don’t really care about the consequences.”

Now Eunji really couldn’t divide between anger because of his stupid idea – Byun Baekhyun is always stupid, by the way – or the thumping heart because his threat of kissing suddenly sounded tempting.

But Eunji was able to control her composure and asked, pretending to sound gruff, “You’re really enjoying this, aren’t you, sunbae?”

“Of course,”

But before Baekhyun even count one, the speaker was and it was announced that the first game would be started any time soon, so they were expected to be on their teams as the announcement was said.

Eunji quickly let her hand go, stuck her tongue away and darted to the green team.

Baekhyun secretly giggled seeing her childish behavior. Oh, he really didn’t want to wake up if this was a dream, because this dream was just too sweet to escape.

 

 

“Hello, is this space taken?”

Eunji looked up and found Luhan was smiling at her. Eunji shook her head as she moved a bit to give some space to the older. Without hesitating, Luhan sat beside her and watched as the game played. The first game was basketball and both of them didn’t participate on it. Eunji looked at the male beside him and realized how good looking he was. Were the entire alumnus as good looking as him and Minseok?

“You’re staring at me.” Luhan said without looking at Eunji. “Do you have anything to ask? Shoot it right away,” He smiled and clapped his hands, cheering on Sunggyu, other alumni on their team, for scoring smooth three-points. Luhan glanced at Eunji, who was playing around with her bottle. “So tell me,” Eunji looked up at him, “How long have you been with Baekhyun?”

Eunji flushed at this question. This question somehow reminded her that she is now dating him. “I knew him since my first day at this school…”

He chuckled. “No, I think you know what I mean, Eunji,” He drank from his bottle.

“I’m dating him for a half hour only,”

 Luhan was choked on his drink and the water splashed out. He coughed hard and wiped his chin with his hand. He nodded, telling the others that he was okay, and he looked back at the flustered Eunji. “What?” He asked.

She nodded, “I’ve known him for long, but I’ve dated him very recently. All he does when he’s with me was messing around with me.”

“I thought he was joking around as usual,” Luhan murmured but then he realized something, “… He messed around with you?” Luhan let out a gracious smirk, “… That’s really fascinating,”

“What do you mean?” Eunji didn’t know where suddenly she had this weird curiosity to know more about that stupid senior. And getting more information about him from people who used to know him would be very helpful, right?”

Luhan gazed at the stupid Baekhyun – he was dancing to the national dance with his best friends followed – and Eunji followed his gaze. He looked so graceful when he was laughing until his eyes almost closed like that. Luhan took a momentary look to the smiling younger and a soft smile appeared on his face as well, “Baekhyun wasn’t really the welcoming type,” Luhan started his story, “When I first met him, he was easier to get along with the males instead the females, well maybe it’s because his past, I guess.” Eunji rounded her eyes, eyeing the alumni. “Well, Baekhyun and I were pretty close when I used to be his senior, so yeah… But then, he tried to socialize more and of course… Who wouldn’t fall in love with his charming eyes and adorable smile?” He raised a brow, “But Baekhyun never dated since he was freshman. He even rejected Yura – you know Kim Yura, right?” Eunji nodded, “So yeah, he’s single…” Then he gave Eunji a meaningful look, “… Until he met you,”

Eunji looked down at her feet, her tip of ears were scarlet already. “Should I be happy about it?” She mumbled and glanced back at her boyfriend, well that sounds really good, who was talking with some of his girl friends.

“You should,” Luhan nodded, “Byun Baekhyun is a loyal brat,” He chuckled, “He may seem playful, annoying, bratty… But he’s a man at heart. Jongdae and Chanyeol were right back there… You are lucky, because will make you happy in every second you’re with him.”

Then the bell was ringing loudly at the field, capturing all attentions for the teams. It was announced that the first participants should get on the running field, prepared for the first game.

Eunji couldn’t help but smile seeing Baekhyun was there along with Myungsoo and two alumni she didn’t know.

The first game called Borrowing Game, the participants would run to the finish line and take one of the papers – which already spread around the finish line, and had to find the things on that paper, even if they had to borrow it from people.

Eunji knew something was wrong when Baekhyun reached the finish line the latest, but he had the widest grin. He, without hesitation, walked to the green team – to her purposely and grabbed her hand, asking her to stand up. And without waiting for her approval, he brought her to the field.

Chanyeol and Jongdae already burst in laughter, along with the school organization’s members – and leaving most of the alumni confused seeing the scene.

Then it was told that they had to go to the finish line again to meet the judges, to tell whether they were right or wrong.

Myungsoo brought a pen because it said, find something to write.

The alumni, who Eunji learnt his name was Lee Donghae brought a comb because it said, find something to fix your hair.

The alumni, who Eunji also learnt her name was Han Seungyeon put off her running shoes because it said, find something you use for sport.

And when it was Byun Baekhyun’s turn, even the judges – it was Junmyeon, Sungyeol, and Irene – tried to hold their giggles.

“… Why her?” Irene asked, because she was the soberest one.

“Well, you can see it by yourself,” Baekhyun willingly gave his paper and it was said, find something you love the most, then she returned it to him, nodding and chuckling.

Baekhyun was a second late because Eunji read the sentence and furrowed her eyebrows. “I am not something, sunbae,”

“What are you?” Baekhyun asked relaxingly.

“What?” She blinked. “I am a human, of course!”

“So?” His brow raised, “In dictionary human is a noun, right?” He smiled happily when Eunji had no comeback. “Relax, Jung, something or someone does not really matter for me. What matters the most is that I love you to the moon and never come back,” He raised his thumb at the seniors, who raised their thumbs quickly, supporting him.

“Okay, so because you found the things correctly, now I want to ask you to do something about it…” He smiled evilly and did high five with Irene and Sungyeol. “… We want you to kiss your things…”

“WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!”

Baekhyun’s jaw dropped to the ground and his confident scattered to pieces. His face now was amazingly scarlet and even Eunji thought she could compare it with the ripe tomatoes. He looked at Eunji, and surprisingly the girlfriend of his looked pretty calmed, even her face was tinted with pink shade – but not as red as him of course, and he looked at Junmyeon in disbelief. “HYUNG!” He screamed, “You can’t do this to me!” He huffed, “I would be dead by Jinwoon hyung!”

Baekhyun shouldn’t expect he would grant his wish, because his evil smirk was still there. Dating Park Chorong definitely didn’t make any good for the President, he thought. “Well, Byun… Be fair. You chose your thing, and if you don’t want to disappoint your team… Then I think you should kiss it…”

Baekhyun looked around and saw his competitors were already kissing their things breathlessly. Baekhyun gulped hard and he mumbled, “… It’s okay,” to her.

Eunji looked up at him with confused eyes.

“You don’t have to do this. It’s okay. It’s my fault. It’s okay if I get disqualified,” He chuckled. “I just…” He didn’t continue his words because he got this force to bend down and tilt his head and he sensed his bridge of his nose was being kissed.

Kissed.

Kissed.

KISSED.

None of them were moving. Eunji was afraid if she let go, her cheeks would be reddened, and Baekhyun was afraid if he let go, this chance wouldn’t ever come to him anymore.

“BYUN BAEKHYUN IS A LUCKY , EVERYONE!” Woohyun screamed out of sudden.

That was a cue for Baekhyun to let her go and turned his head to the crowd, who was chanting their names and some of them even screamed loudly. Their eyes met Jinwoon, who was being hold by his friends – Kibum, Woohyun, and Minho tightly, and they could see Jinwoon was trying to flee.

Without waiting for the result, Baekhyun dragged Eunji away, leaving the field and the captivated spectators behind.

“RUN, ROMEO AND JULIET, RUN!” Chanyeol and Jongdae giggled seeing their scene.

 

 

After Byun Baekhyun and Jung Eunji went missing, the games continued. It’s the basketball game and both the beagle line joined the force, competing with the white team. The game was nice, if the alumni didn’t try to cheat, like pushing and blocking them ruthlessly. But because the umpire was one of the seniors, he was reluctant to say it was a foul.

And the result was as exactly as people have thought. The orange team lost.

Bomi searched from all the basketball players, and somehow her eyes landed on the height that Chanyeol had. Their gazes met and Bomi was stunned when Chanyeol was smiling and coming toward her.

“You’re not avoiding me, right?” Chanyeol shot her the main question right away.

Bomi gaped in awe. She chose to look down, because she was afraid she would answer somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter