Twentieth

Beautiful Target
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What kind of spell did you cast on me?”

Romantic Love – Hello Venus

 

“You should let me slip,”

“No, heck no, why should I?”

“Because I’m older than you,”

“For a month, for God’s sake!”

“Just let me slip, you giant!”

“No, I won’t, you camel! I won’t let you slip!”

“I hate you,”

“Good, it’s mutual then.”

They stared at each other, refusing to look away. It’s such a childish game for the beagles. Who blinks first, loses.

“Oh, God, are you two turning gay?!”

They blinked at the same time and watched Baekhyun marched in to Chanyeol’s bedroom. He handed his buddies a box of donuts.

“What are you two playing?” Baekhyun asked, his chin pointed at the TV.

“Just some car racing… Chanyeol is such a . He doesn’t let me win,” Jongdae told Baekhyun with a frown created on his face.

“Oh come on!” Chanyeol screeched, “Are you playing angel now?”

“Let him win, maknae,” Baekhyun said.

“And why in the hell I should do that?”

“Because I’m the oldest and you’re the youngest.”

“For six months only! And dudes, I am the tallest here. So no, I refuse to let this son of bastard win easily. Struggle, dude. When you struggle, you get stronger.” Chanyeol then opened the box, finding the delicious donuts that would be lovely to be eaten.

“I bought chocolates for Chanyeol and strawberries for Jongdae. Don’t fight while the hyung takes a bath, okay, peasants?”

“Yes, Sir!” They nodded obediently and took the donuts.

Oh how easy to make them obeyed, Baekhyun thought as he went in to the bathroom.

“By the way, how was the date with Eunji?” Chanyeol asked from outside. Jongdae decided to call it a night for their games and they decided to watch the Korean drama.

“It’s okay,” Baekhyun answered, then the shower was .

“Define okay,” Jongdae took the remote and changed the channel, “Did she get the balloons? We would love to crash your date actually… But we’re afraid we might disturb your quality time…”

“It’s okay. Something happened—”

“— Kyungsoo happened, we know that.” Chanyeol cut Baekhyun off. “You’re not the only kids that going to Seoul High, you know, Baek. We even watched the video. Kyungsoo was pretty beaten up,”

Baekhyun murmured something unclear, he might be brushing his teeth right now.

“How did she react?” Jongdae the jam on his fingers and continued, “After hiding it for too long, she finally found out. If I were her, I would feel betrayed. Kyungsoo and Minah are her friends, right?”

“Were should be the right one,” Chanyeol corrected, “If I were Eunji, I would never admit they are my friends. So did you take her home?”

“Hmmpphh…”

“We take that as a yes,” Jongdae said, “Did you finally kiss her?” He was half joked. Because come on, Jung Eunji would never let Byun Baekhyun lay a finger on her, so a kiss would be impossible, right?

It took a while before Baekhyun responded with a soft ‘yes, yes, I did’.

The beagles quickly barged in to the bathroom, finding Baekhyun, who was definitely did not see that coming and screamed, “YOU. DID. NOT.”

“YOU BASTARD! I’M HERE!” Baekhyun took a towel and covered his body.

“Oh please, Byun, no need to play all innocent. We know your thing is not that—” Jongdae couldn’t continue because Chanyeol quickly covered his mouth with his palms and dragged him away from the bathroom. “YAH! Your hands smell chocolate!”

“So don’t talk about that in my house, you addict!”

“I am not a addict, you weirdo! It runs in family!” He disagreed.

“You’re ting me,”

When Baekhyun went out of the bathroom, both Chanyeol and Jongdae stopped their bicker, and gaped in awe, eyes fixated on smiling Baekhyun, this man was one hundred percents deeply in love, because right now he was giggling like a brainless guy.

“Seriously? You really kissed her?” Chanyeol still tried to make sure. Well, we never know that maybe Baekhyun was just expecting things, right?

He nodded dreamily.

“Is that good?” Jongdae asked, received a smack on the head by Chanyeol. “What?!” He looked at the giant in displeased.

“Seriously?” Chanyeol shook his head, “Don’t you have better question than that, you retard?

“I’m not a retard!” Jongdae disagreed, “But I do have another question... Did she kiss you back?”

“YAH!” Chanyeol  yelled at the camel, “Seriously, Jong, if Bomi knows the real you, I bet she will walk away in seconds.”

Jongdae stopped grinning naughtily and turned serious. He looked at Chanyeol and said, “Ah... About that,” He pointed a finger on his best friend’s forehead, “How could you reject her? She was crying like she lost her mind, you know that, innocent giant?”

“What? Do you expect me to accept her and become her boyfriend? Yah, let’s be honest, shall we, Jong? You like her, right? She is the girl that you talked about with me before, right?”

Jongdae was stunned.

“I may be dumb and oblivious, dude, but you are my best friend. I even can tell whether you wanted to pee or not with a single glance. Do you think I can accept her and make you suffer?” Chanyeol sighed, “That’s why I rejected her. Because I know you will treat her much better than I will. Because you like her, while I never intended to do so.”

Both Baekhyun and Jongdae blinked blankly at the wise guy of beagle line.

“Group hug!” Baekhyun suddenly announced and pulled two of them into tight hug, getting curses from Jongdae and disgusts by Chanyeol.

“I love you guys.” Baekhyun said cheerily. “I never tell you guys this before, but I really am thankful for having you two in my life.”

“Ew, Baek! Let go!” They said in unison.

Baekhyun let go and smiled widely at them. “Whoa, who knows that falling in love will make you all lightheaded like this,”

For Jongdae and Chanyeol, instead of looking lightheaded, Baekhyun was one hundred percents looked like a drunkard.

“Ah, too bad I won’t see her until summer break ends,” Baekhyun pouted. “She won’t reply my texts even if I did. Ugh. Should I ask her for another date?” He questioned himself, Jongdae confirmed that Baekhyun was losing his sense already, “But that will make me nervous! I can’t meet her! Not after I kissed her!” His cheeks pinked. “Oh goodness, what’s happening to me? Channie, what’s happening to me?”

Chanyeol led the shorter to his bed and said, “You’re too tired, dude. Get some sleep and we will talk later, okay?”

“But I fall asleep, I’ll be forgetting her beautiful smile…”

“Yah, Park, can I kill him?” Jongdae cracked his fingers, he was too disgusted with his best friend’s lines.

“No, not in my house!” Chanyeol shook his head and gazed at Baekhyun, “Just sleep, okay, Baek?”

Baekhyun took the pillow and laid his head against it. He was still smiling as he closed his eyes.

“Cut the smile, Byun, you scare me,” Jongdae threw a cushion to the oldest.

“Then fall in love, Kim,” Baekhyun threw it back, scored a smack on the face and turned around to fall asleep a while later.

“He’s still smiling,” Chanyeol shook his head and covered Baekhyun with the blanket. “Is falling in love that good?”

“Don’t ask me,” Jongdae raised his hands, “In my case, falling in love . It feels like crossing the glassy road barefooted.”

“Ouch,”

“I know, Park, I know…” Then Jongdae’s gaze fell upon another game of Chanyeol. “Dude,” He raised one of the CD and showed it to Chanyeol. “I’ll win this one,”

Chanyeol smirked, “I won’t let you win,” and he joined him playing another game, with Baekhyun sleeping and donuts abandoned.

 

 

Jinwoon almost screamed when he found his baby sister was still there in the living room, with her Minions pajamas and snacks on her lap. She was watching cluelessly.

“Hey,” she greeted the older brother as he seated himself beside her.

“You had fun?” Jinwoon caressed her hair. Eunji stared at him, making him chuckled, “It’s okay. Appa told me.”

“Mm-hm.”

“Did he make you smile on your date?”

“Yes, yes he did.”

“So, why you seem sad?”

“Do you remember Do Kyungsoo—” Eunji was cut off by Jinwoon.

“The guy with such big eyes, that Yonghwa and I hate it on our first meeting? What’s with him?”

“You’re right. He’s not worth my admiration. He dates someone else.”

“He does?” Jinwoon sat up straight. “I’ll kill him,” He said, “I’ll definitely smack his head with my baseball bat. That son of a witch. Did he make you cry? I’ll cut him to pieces too.” Jinwoon was already planning on that, but Eunji quickly shook her head.

“No, you don’t have to do that, oppa.”

“Why shouldn’t I?! He breaks your heart! I have to kill him for tearing up your heart,”

“It’s okay. Baekhyun sunbae already took care of it.”

“He did?” Jinwoon sounded surprised. Of course, none would believe that Baekhyun would be able to smack someone down, because all ever he did was being sassy and over confident on everything.

“Yes,” Eunji smiled brightly and nodded eagerly. “He was really kind, oppa. He was so wonderful even I—” She didn’t continue because Jinwoon was already staring teasingly, “— Oppa! Don’t smile at me like that!” Her cheeks were scarlet. “Oppa~~” she playfully hit his thighs, asking her brother to stop teasing her like that.

“You’re cute,” Jinwoon stood up, “So… In conclusion, your date went well, right?”

Eunji looked away, afraid Jinwoon would find out everything once she gazed back at him. “Yes, oppa…”

“Why are you looking away?”

“I don’t want you to tease me,” Eunji lied — because she didn’t want Baekhyun would be chopped if Jinwoon knew he kissed her.

“So what will you do tomorrow?” Jinwoon asked, he took out some books and put them back on the shelves.

“Nothing. Why, oppa?”

“You want to come with me?”

“Depends on the destination and what I will do there,” Eunji retorted.

“Well, tomorrow school organization holds a meeting for another annual event. It will be my — I mean seniors’ last event to hold before finals really come and graduation.”

“Oh? What is that?”

“It’s called Alumni Gathering, baby sister. It’s an event where all Seoul High School’s alumni come and enjoy their day with the students. There will be games and stuffs… Just like school festival and some lame championship…” Jinwoon explained clearly.

Eunji hesitated. The meeting would be so dead boring…

“… Baekhyun will be there.” Jinwoon said as if he could read her mind. “He’s a member, remember?”

Eunji blushed. “Oppa~~~”

“Don’t blame me, maknae. You’re just too easy to read. I’m going to my room. If you want to come tomorrow, just come, okay?” Jinwoon pecked his sister a good night kiss and went in to his room.

Eunji nibbled her lower lip in despair. Was she ready to meet him after the kiss?

***

The meeting was really boring, beagles even yawned time by time. Junmyeon and Jinwoon were debating on the costumes’ fees and the festival. Seohyun was trying to help, but the argument was really too strong to handle.

Baekhyun finally took out his cell phone and typed a message to his major crush.

 

To: Gangster Jung (09.46 AM)

You’re not coming?

 

‘Baekhyun oppa, good afternoon’

All eyes widened, Jinwoon’s especially, when he heard his sister’s voice was coming out of Baekhyun’s cell phone.

“What the hell is that, Byun?” Jinwoon asked, glaring deathly at the younger.

“It’s my ringtone, hyung. Isn’t this cute?” Baekhyun smiled cheekily at the older. He was being a show-off. “Now, you’re not the only oppa she has.”

Before Jinwoon went closer to him and interrogated him in painful ways, Junmyeon quickly joined the conversation, “Boys, please. We’re discussing here. Woon, you can interview him later. And you, Baek, turn it off.”

Baekhyun nodded and put his cell phone in silent mode.

 

To: Jackass Byun (10.00 AM)

Where to?

 

To: Gangster Jung (10.03 AM)

Your brother’s meeting.

 

To: Jackass Byun (10.10 AM)

Oppa said it’s okay not to.

           

Baekhyun didn’t reply again, instead he put his cell phone on the table and frowned deeply, Chanyeol softly nudged him, signaling to tell him what was wrong. “She’s not coming.” Baekhyun told.

Chanyeol and Jongdae didn’t need to be geniuses to tell who was the she he talked about. “Cheer up, dude. It means you still have time to prepare yourself to meet her without being awkward to each other.” Chanyeol patted his back.

Baekhyun sighed and even he wanted to oppose, Chanyeol had the point too. It would be not cool if he acted odd or awkward toward her. It would also make her uneasy too.

But Baekhyun really hated the fact that he started to miss her. He hated the fact that he had to be the first one to send her messages. He hated the fact that he was being self-conscious on how Eunji feeling today. Does she still cry over him? or I want to know what she’s doing right now.

“… Earth to Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun snapped out of his reverie and found Seohyun was starin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter