VIII: Complication Arises

Boys over Flower II: Eternal Love

 

 

 

Jihoo tries to support his self by leaning on the wall and after a minute, he draws himself to the nearest fire exit and pulled his self to sit on the stair.

 He hove a little casket of his medicine from his pocket and shut his eyes to relax for about a half an hour.

His phone vibrates.

A call—he answered it.

 

“Y-yes… I’ll be there i-in a minute… yes, Gwenchana.” Then he ends their conversation.

 

Minutes past and he decided to stand up to go to banquet hall. As he open the door, he somewhat saw a person putting a powdered substance for VIP Guest’s food and walks away that looks like he doesn’t touch the meal courses.

His eyes widen and quickly held his phone to call Jung min and went near to the food.

 

There’s only one thing I must do, Jihoo thought.

 

He looks two sideways if there is who can help him and noticed a man far from him.

 

“He’s too far to call. The waiters will be here any moment to serve this.”

 

His right, the waiters come to his side and turn to get the food.

 

“Mianhae, Kyu jong-ssi” he mumbles then he halts them.

 

“Sir, we need to serve this, it’s already time.”

 

“No you can’t.”

 

“We need to serve it right now sir, I’m sorry. Please move.”

 

He firmly stands in front of the trays but when the waiters still insists to serve the food, Jihoo pushes all the food and spills all in the floor.

 

“I told you, I don’t want YOU to serve this kind of meal to our VIPs. I already call for amend the meal course—just clean the mess.” Then he left them.

The staffs are dazzled by his actions and whispering each other.

 

Inside the banquet hall:

 

“Shinbo, why is our foodstuff here is not yet serving?” Kyu Jong asks.

 

Before Shinbo answers him, his phone rings, “Excuse me sir…What?? What are we going to do? Who did it?” then he ends the call.

 

“What is it?” Kyu jong asks frantically.

 

“Sir, someone muddle the preparation.”

 

“Who??”

 

“Si-sir, it’s our Hoe Jangnim—“

 

“Jihoo-ah?!”

 

And the main door open as Jihoo enters the hall.

He speaks in English.

 

“I’m very sorry gentlemen and ladies for a delayed service, there just an abrupt commotion of food preparation.”

 

“It’s alright… we’re here gathered because we want to be part of this event. Congratulation to you Mr. Kim Kyu Jong for a remarkable opening!”

“It’s a pleasure to see like you in this kind of business.”Jihoo replied.

“Who are you anyway?”

“I am just a representative of the company.” He then smile at him.

They shake hands and talks about business, Jihoo looks up for a while to see if Kyu Jong is still there. He is right, Kyu jong stares him fiercely and he clasp his palm hard that his cocktail glass crashed.

 “SaJangnim, please be patient I think HoeJangnim has a good reason why he done that.”

 

“This is too much Shinbo! Call him and tell that I’m waiting.”

 

“Neh, sajangnim!”

 

He proceeds and went down to whisper the message. Jihoo Looks up again at him and nod to Shinbo. He excuses himself to their business partners and climb up to the stairs but a gate crasher stand up to widen up another interruption.

 

“Chairman Yoon is no good to be a business partner! After using my skills as the president in-charge of this branch, he dumped me like an overused rag!”

Everybody are whispering who’s Chairman Yoon that he is mentioning.

 

 “You’re not invited here Gung Meo Gun -sama.” Kyu jong says staring at him while going down the stairs but stops at the middle.

 

 “You make fool on us! You! USER!” He Look at Jihoo with heist. “Look at the screen!”

 

A video flashed on the screen where Jihoo pushes all the food. The entire photographer, reporters are into the video; Most of them whispering each other again.

 

“See! Showing his tantrum whenever or wherever he wants! Can you handle that kind of Chairman?”

 

“ENOUGH!!” Jihoo shouted and the entire people stares at him quietly and observing.

Even Kyu Jong shudders on what he acts.

 

“Let him out.” he is pointing the main door.

Gung Meo Gun resists and struggle to the guards who carry him out the hall.

Silence remains as the door close.

 

He sighs and talk, “I am very sorry for this evening.”

“You did not mention that you are the Chairman, Jihoo-sama.” Said the business man.

“I am very sorry. I want it to be in a discreet way but I miscalculate that he’ll be likely to do this commotion.”

Everybody was set fire and think why the chairman need to hide his identity.

“I’m very sorry. Please enjoy the night.” He continues walking and before he passes to Kyu Jong, “It’s up to you to know what the truth is.” Then he walks away while Park Jung min follows him.

 

Kyu Jong left puzzles but he managed to tangle the uproar event.

 

 

 

 

At that time at Seoul:

 

 

“Hello Good afternoon, this is Yoon’s clinic. May I help you? Yes, she’s here. Alright wait for a moment Madame… It’s yours.” Hyung Jun said to Jandi.

 

“Thank you… Hello, Dr. Guem Jan Di speaking… Ga Eul, why? Turn on the T.V.? Why should… news? Okay, okay I’ll call you back.” She turns off the phone and asks her nurse aide, “Hyung Jun-ssi, please turn on the T.V. “

“Okay.”

As the T.V. opens, a News Anchor is reporting an incident about  shinwha’s  group of Company.

 

 “We’re sorry for interrupting our shows but we have a live footage of the incident right now. Jang Geuk Sung-ssi reporting.”

 

“Good evening I’m Jang Geuk Sung reporting. The young president of Shinhwa group, Mr. Gu Jun Pyo fell down unconsciously while giving a speech at the recognition of their Company Anniversary.  Yes and he fell down in front of them! Everyone panics as they saw him falling slowly on the podium. He’s already sent at the Seoul Medical Hospital.  According to his doctor, Dr. Jung YongHwa, he was over fatigued that cause him to collapse and they need to monitor him more for further findings. Well let’s hope that he will recover soon because every employees and family were very worried. That’s all for tonight, Back to you--”

 

 She turns off the T.V. and fixes her things frantically while calling back at Ga Eul.

“Why didn’t you tell me so early… what?... Ah, o-okay, I understand… you’ll pick me up in one minute? Alright!” she cut the line.

 

He face to his nurse, “Hyung Jun, I’ll need to go now. Ga Eul will pick me up and please can you close the clinic before six, okay?”
 

“Yes, ma’am. Be careful.”

 

“Thanks, see you!”

 

Ga Eul and Yi Jung are almost at the parking lot when she was out.

Jan Di’s look as worried as they went inside the hospital and look for Jun Pyo’s room. They use the elevator to go to the assign floor and immediately proceed to the door. They see his sister waiting outside the room when they get near.

 

“Where’s Jun Pyo?”

 

Woobin was already there and when they arrived; Jun Pyo’s sister hugged her.

“He’s not alright, Jan Di.” Jun hee sobbed.

 

“W-why? What happen? Is it serious?” Jan Di asked.

 

“I’ll tell you later but for the meantime, go and see him.” Says  Jun Hee  .

 

Jun Pyo is still lying in his bed unconsciously  and even he is asleep, you can see in his face the tiredness that he suffered from his previous working hours that he insist to have a break--- she looks so ill and his lips are so pale.

 

“He never stopped working even he still have time. He always says that he want to pay more attention to his people rather than to mingle with others who do not know the real meaning of their people. He also said that Jihoo inspired him to be so dedicated to his work wherever and whenever his employees are concern.” She sobbed again and then she continues telling about Jun Pyo’s past actions.

 

“Yes I’m impressed because he became a real man now but the time that I’m frightened of-- came today. There are times that he skips eating breakfast just to meet some important clients in our company… and now” now tears are rushing down into her cheek. “…a-and now he suffering to a malignant ill. That’s the reason why he faint at the event.”

“What were the doctor’s findings?”  Ga Eul asked.

 

“Aside from appendicitis, h-he… suffered from h-heart failure. H-he needs to have a heart transplant.” And after she said it, she cried so much and hugs her.

Jan Di can’t take it too, she cries as Jun Pyo’s sister cries in front of them. She cannot believe that the mighty Jun Pyo is now suffered from a heart failure who seems so tough outside but poorly weak inside because of what’s he was going through now.

His parent decided to keep it as a secret about his condition and will not be publicize until they found a ways to keep him alive.

 

“Keep it as a secret to all so it cannot add to Jun Pyo’s burden. If they knew what he is going through, it will just stress him and some reporters might come to ask questions that will make him sadder.”

 Everyone agreed and each of them makes a call to their known doctors inside and outside the country for possible heart donator.

 

At Japan:

 

It’s already Christmas day and that event becomes talk of the town. Some took it as negative but mostly the Japanese ambassador take it as obstacle and never interfere with relationship they had with Yoon Corporation. Even there was identified person who wants the Yoon Group fall down, Jihoo himself take looks all the angle and personally ask the surveillance camera of the building secretly. Three days after the commotion, Jihoo was sitting on his chair, the television was set on a news feed channel and one of their topic was about the abrupt event at Korean-Japanese Convention.

According to them, the Yoon Corporation released a response. A shot of surveillance camera played and the man standing far from the rage Jihoo was the person who helped Mr. Gung Meo Gun malevolently covered the video to disgrace the chairman—He was Mr. Jung Jae-shin, Japanese-Korean Chairman and owner of TVn Broadcasting Network in Japan. In the middle of conversation of Journalists, Kyu Jong turns off the TV and throws the remote control in the chair.

“Are you happy that there is someone to blame on instead of you to suffer the humiliation?”

“Is that an answer of what I asked for?”

“Shinbo do the work for me. He said he had your approval.”

“I see.”

“That’s all?”

“Be Kim Kyu Jong that I know.”

He was frozen on that word. “Neh?”

Jihoo just stared at him and stand up to start walking away..

“Where are you going?”Kyu jong asks.

“To clean what the company messing up with.”

 

As he left him, Kyu jong calls Shinbo and ask him to go to his office.

 

“Yes, sajangnim?” asks Shinbo when he arrived.

“Where’s the file that the Chairman approved to send it to the newsfeed?”

“Ah… that one, sir? I-it was… it’s in my record file sir.”

“Please bring it here.”

But Shinbo’s phone rings and answered it in front of him.

“Yes? I understand.” He hangs his phone and said, “Sir, our informant told me that Hoejangnim Yoon will be heading to Mr. Jung Jae-shin’s house.”

“Shinbo!! Tell me the truth! Is the file that you sent to them was approved by our chairman Yoon?” he said in fury.

“S-sir yes, sir, I a-asked Jo Yunim-ssi to assist me for approving the file because Representative Wong gave me a task to gather all the documents they needed, forgive me sajangnim that I did not lay my hands on that file.”

Kyu jong sighs deep before he talk again, “Well, it’s already done. But please I don’t want any mistake again, you’re entrusted on me Shinbo and you’re the only one I trust too.”

“Yes, sire. This will not happen again.”

“I’ll be leaving.” Then soon he goes off with his car to follow Jihoo.

When he reach the house, the Jung Family were already at the receiving area were Jihoo sat in front of them.wm

“So we have another visitor.” The Chairman of TVn broadcasting network claims.

“Are you also here for our daughter? Or to my husband?” asks Mrs. Jung.

“Waeyo, Ajumma? Is this person is looking for your daughter?” he asks.

“He said that he’s the president of KCCJ’s medical Mission and told me that someone will come here to seek my forgiveness about the last event, is that you?”

Jung Oh-Hani came out to the dining area and stops for a while as he see Kyu Jong standing.

“K-Kyu jong-ssi! What are you doing here?”

“YOU ARE JUNG JAE-SHIN”S DAUGHTER??” his eyes widen like seeing a ghost.

All of them are staring at them now.

 

At Seoul:

 Jan Di and Hyung Jun go to the mall for shopping. Ga Eul and Jae Kyu are with them to look for something to buy.

“Wow! You can buy a lot of stuffs here!”

“Is this the first time you go to a market like this, Jae?” asked Ga Eul

“Yes. I’m always exploring streets but I never went to a market like this.”

“We can’t afford some expensive things in the mall. So instead of buying it there, we come here to buy thrifty things.” Jan Di said as he smiles at her.

“Well you’re kind a person, a rich girl, do not know how to go here. You have been spoiled by your parents since you come in a good family.” Hyung Jun commented. 

“Even she can afford things to get; she is still friendly to all people who always want friends.” Jan Di said as they picking stuff to a booth.

“Yah! You know me how to please ha!” and they all laugh.

“Okay, Choi Hyung Jun-ah... Because this is the first time that you join us, I’ll pay for our meal today!”

“Hey, you don’t need to do that. We are all working now so we can buy for ourselves.” Stops Jan Di to Jae kyung.

“Well… I just want to treat you because it’s almost five years yet I did not treat you a meal.” She pouted her lips and look to Jan Di with her compelling eyes.

“OH! You know I hate seeing you like that.”

Jae kyung still continue looking at her.

“Alright! Alright! Just for this day, arraso?”

“Yehey! I love you Jan Di! You’re the best!” she shrieks as she hugs Jan Di and jumps in bliss.

“Okay. Then, let’s go buy and buy foods! Food! Food!” Jae kyung murmur as they continue looking for good stuffs. Jan Di just smiles at her as she saw Jae kyung tried to lift up her mood.  When they were at the cashier stand, she saw a ring and a necklace with star pendant. She remember the necklace that Jun Pyo’s gift for her and a ring that once he offer to Jan Di when he asked her to marry him.

“When he’ll say it again… now that he’s in grief?” She said to herself softly.

“DO you want to buy it, miss?” ask the cashier.

“Oh, No! It’s just nice to look at it. Here… how much are all?”

“Thirty thousand won, ma’am.”

“Here’s my payment.”

“Thank you, this is your receipt.”

After roaming around the market, they go to a restaurant were Jae Kyung treat them a nice meal.

 

At Japan:

They are now all seating at the receiving area; Jihoo is seating besides Kyu Jong and Oh-Hani is seating between her parents.

“This won’t settle down if no one speaks.” Says Jae-shin.

Kyu Jong stands, “Sir, about the matter… I am sorry.” Then bent his knee down to give respect and asks for forgiveness.

“That won’t do.  You can’t amend any situation right now. I need an action on how this will end. Many of the citizens are accusing that our network is opposing foreigner’s entrepreneur entering Japan.”

 

“I know sir but please believe me that I am sincerely sorry for what my people done.”

“What if I believe in you? It won’t change—”

“Yes, sir there is.”

“What are you planning?”

“We can settle this in an agreement. Let our company be a major stock holder of your network.”

“And after pulling out your stock and then buy it so you’ll govern the entire company? Good idea.”

“No, sire. I already have a contract in my hand and your signatures need to submit to our lawyer.”

“If you already had it so its means that your chairman or the owner of the company agrees of what’s your talking.”

“Definitely and for sure, he knows what I am doing right now.” And looks to Jihoo who still observing.

As he reading the contract carefully, the three are eyeing at each other like talking.

“Hani-ah, its Christmas… even they are my competitor we should pay respect to them. Prepare some food for them.”

“Yes, papa.” Then she stood.

“If you may sir, I want to help your daughter to prepare a meal for us. I ask my assistant to bring something tonight. He’ll be here soon.”

“Suit yourself, Jihoo-sama. It is better to stay here to chitchat with her rather than other place.”

“Arigato, Jung Jae-shin -sama.” He bows and follows Hani at kitchen.

“Are you sure, you don’t want to hear the contract Jihoo-sama?” Kyu jong asks.

“It’s not my concern, Mr. Kim.” Then he proceeds.

 

At the kitchen, while they are preparing the food Oh-Hani asks Jihoo about not hearing it.

“Whatever decision he made—I trust him.” He says as he puts the lasagna at the oven.

“Are you sure?” she says as she bringing out the roasted turkey and poured some sauce at the bowl.

“I trust him not because I am his cousin but on his talent and skills he had.” Preparing the table with plates, spoon and all.

“You’re a good cousin” she smiles while getting the salad inside the ref.

“Stop these talks and answer my favor? Are you gonna do it if your father accepts the contract?”
“Yes, I will. For the sake of—”

“…Your father, Hani. Let’s call them to eat dinner.”

“It’s the first time that we have visitors in Christmas Eve.” She smiles.

“It’s my first time to celebrate it with strangers.”

“How rude... Haishh! If papa will accept that contract, he frequently asks you to go here because you looks like my deceased bro— ” she stops and cover .

“What do you mean?”
“N-nothing. Forget what I’d said… I’ll just call them and wait here.” She refuses to answer and tries to go to the receiving area but Jihoo block her way.

“Till I got the answer.”

They stare at each other and her mother noticed them.

“Dear, are you alright there?”

“W-were just teasing around. Table is settled we can have are feast.”

“Sorry but I must go now.” Kyu Jong exclaim and stand up.

“You must not. It’s already settled, do we? It’s a part of my appreciation and celebration of being our stock holder.” Jae-Shin said towards Kyu Jong.

Jihoo face them and says, “Congratulation of closing the deal Mr. Kim. It’s awkward to let down an invitation of our newly partner of Yoon Group Corporation or are you messing around?”

“You got me.” He smiles sarcastically. “I sold you for staying to their house in about five days.”

“I see and you accept it because it’s your idea to get them instantly.”
“I-ye,Yoon-sama. He’s just joking.”

“This is rare. You’re talking too much. Are you mad?” Kyu asks Jihoo

“If this is how you handle a case, I don’t have any against on it but surely you must report it to the Chairman.” Oh- Hani cuts in.

“Yes, dear… You two, after those talkies be good to each other and eat with us… It’s Christmas Eve.”

Kyu Jong scratches his eyebrow while looking down the floor and proceeds to the dining area while Jihoo follows.

 

 

At Seoul:

 

Jun Pyo is still in his bed looking far across the window and his eyes are so gloomy. He is aware of his condition even before he was released by the doctors and announced to the public that he is already well which actually a contrary. They still cannot find a match for his heart a day ago. On Christmas Eve, after their check up at the Hospital, Jun Pyo go to his room and he slams the door because of his disappointment. Butler Lee went inside to ask his young master if he needs something but he just ignore him.

“Young master, if don’t want something I must now leave your food here.”

“Put it out here. I don’t want anything—even food!”

“B-but young master… y-you need to eat. Y-you must!” Butler Lee says as he is pushing outside of Jun Pyo’s room by his young master. When his sister saw it, she immediately cut the argument and asks Jun Pyo to go inside to talk to him. He just leaves the door open and sit at the couch.

“Don’t waste your time nagging me; I’m not in the mood.”

“You need to eat so you can gain your strength.” she said.

 “What for? I’m already dying.”

“JUN PYO!!” she shriek.

He just looked at her eyes to convince her not to look forward in an impossible thing happen.

“Don’t lose hope, Jun Pyo. Everyone here makes an effort to seek for an answer so that you’ll be alright.” she said.

“It will never happen, noona.” He spoke softly.

“Don’t give up Jun Pyo… Omeonnie and appeojji are doing hard to find a way. Even Jan Di and others are searching for a donor. Please do not let us down like these.”

 “That’s the reason why I want to surrender… all of you suffered too.” his eyes become sadder.

His noona hold his hand to comfort him and tried to grip on her tears.

“Please… Don’t be like these, It’s Christmas Eve—”

“Did you already contact Jihoo?”

“Yes but only Mr. Wong answered our call. He said that Jihoo will try hard to go here to visit you. He is still fixing their company’s problem.”

“He is still unseen. What kind of brother is he when times I need him most?”

“I didn’t mention to Mr. Wong about your condition. Don’t worry, I send someone to locate him and take him forcefully.”

“I want to talk to him…”

She breathes heavy before she talk, “Just wait and there will be a result. Now take a rest for now, dongsaeng.”

Just a long and heavy sighs he answered to his noona and went out to have some air.

 

The streets are brightly lighted by different decorations and lights. Some bars and restaurants plays a Christmas songs and the sky started to drizzle of a beautiful white ice called snow. You can see people rushing down to the market to buy gifts for their friends and relatives. Some of them buying some ingredients for the food that they are preparing for and others are walking at the park with their family, friends or special someone to spend their days with them. But there are few people are sad.

Jan Di and others go to their own house to celebrate the Christmas. Before Hyung Jun went on his way, he greets Jan Di and put out a gift box inside his bag.

“Merry Christmas, Dr. Geum.”

“Oh… thank you nurse Choi. Sorry, I forgot to buy you a gift. I’ll give to you tomorrow, I promise.”

“Can I request what gift I want to receive from you?”

“Sure. What is it?”
“A smile that it never shown again since Gu Jun Pyo-ssi confined at the hospital”

“Hyung Jun-ssi…” her eyes become teary.

“It’s Christmas Eve yet your eyes are gloomy. You should be happy… That’s what I want—last two years of staying this clinic, this is the worst time I see your sad eyes.”

Jan Di tried to smile just to comfort Hyung Jun.

“Neh… it’s fake.” Then he pouted.

She laughs as she saw Hyung Jun doing that cute thing.

“That’s the real one.”

“Thank you. I’ll try my best to smile again.”

“Good… so, see you until Holiday vacation, Dr. Guem!”

“See you in two days too!”

 

 

 

 When they are far from each other, Jan Di continues walking on her own way while thought are clouding her mind. She suddenly decides to drop by to Jun Pyo’s house to greet them all before going home so she went back to the waiting area to go to them.

When she got there, Jun Pyo and Jandi met at the front door.

“G-Gu Jun Pyo.” she exclaims.

“W-what are you doing here, J-Jandi Batt??” pointing at her while his eyes widen.

Jandi smiles then she get a gift box wrapped with blue ribbon inside her bag, “Merry Christmas!”

He just looks at the box and looks at her face with anguish, “I- I can’t accept it...”

Jandi was puzzled by his word, “W-Waeyo, Gu Jun Pyo?”

He took away his look to her and gazes up in the sky that the snow starting to fall heavily.

“I am not Gu Jun Pyo you know anymore.”

“Jun Pyo… Don’t make my heart aches this Christmas. Do not lose hope—t-that’s what I want to receive as gift.”

“I can’t… I am a lifeless person standing in front—”

“Andwae!” she sniffs, “You can’t let down your guard like that!”

“Let’s end right here, Guem Jandi.”

“What? End? Now that I can’t live without you, I don’t want to.”

“Living with me like this is hell! You still have time to—”

“I HAD A LOT OF TIME. Yes indeed I had… five years. Five years is enough to change my heart because you’re not around but I am still here in front of you making you smile of every moment of your life. Even I… or we did not expect your illness; I am here Gu Jun Pyo! I am here!” tears now rolling down to her cheeks.

“I want to end your burden… I… I… I am going to find the right person for you to keep. A person that I know he will never hurt you like this.”

“Is this decision that you made will make you happy?” she said blackly.

“Y-yess.” He answered back.

“Are you not gonna regret it?” she replied.

A long silence before he nods dreadfully. She walks away and before she continues, Jandi said softly, “Merry Christmas, Gu Jun Pyo.”

That time, Gu Jun Pyo feels the hefty breeze brings of the snows above him but the things blew hard coldly is in his heart trembling in cold—cold brings by Jandi’s sad eyes.

He went inside, lay down in his bed and closed his eyes. He whispers to himself that he doesn’t want to open his eyes ever again but morning came, Jun Pyo is lying awake in his bed.

“I can still open my eyes…Great. Another pitiful hour of my life starts.” He gets up in his bed and walk off to go to the window to see the outdoor scenes.

“Can I make it to till Jihoo returns here?” He thought and sighed.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Mianhaedda for updating late...

kinda busy at work for awhile...