XXIII:THE WEDDING

Boys over Flower II: Eternal Love

So far, this is what I produce. hehehe I'm sorry for being a bad-... kekeke

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Friday came; Jandi and Hyung Jun are too busy assisting their clients when a delivery of a bouquet arrives. She personally received it and when she read the letter silently enclosed with it, she smiles at it.

 

"Let the new fairy tale of yours surprise you more... Hugs and Kisses, JH." Hyung Jun said out loud the words in the letter.

 

Some clients cheers and teases her when they heard him.

 

"Woah! Why you said that out loud?! You embarrassed me!" she hit him in the head.

 

"Ouch, that's hurt!" he toothily grin and rub his head. "He is sweeter in words than in person, huh?"

 

"He's both. He's not just showy."

 

"Just what I had said." he sang his word out. "And yeah... This week, he delivered...hmn... five straight days and showed himself twice only. And yeah that was sweet of him—What kind of man is he?"

 

 

"…And later afternoon for Gaeul's wedding. You're being sarcastic saying the word sweet in your tone, Hyung Jun." she reminds.

 

 

"Oww... you know I like him for you."

 

"Yup, you said that out loud before and even now."

 

"Question: Are you not... getting bored? I mean sorry to say but you know... presence?"

 

"Easy Nurse Hyung Jun. You're like a gossip girl now huh?" she teases.

 

"Whatever you say!" swaying his hips exaggerate while he holds the bouquet like he won in a competition.

 

Jandi and other clients who watch them giggle before she answered him.

 

"You're crazy, Jun-nie. We're in the beginning stage and it's not really necessary to see each other just to say you are in a relationship. Well, what's the use of phone if didn't create for communication, right?" she shows her phone, shaking up to him.

 

Hyung Jun reached up his two hands to her hand on the phone.

 

 

"So, that's what you called phone." he joke.

 

 

They both giggle and she put the phone back to her pocket when Jun Pyo enters the clinic. The two were surprise to see the unexpected guest.

 

"A-anyeong Hasseyo, Jun Pyo-ssi." Hyung Jun greets.

 

"I... can I have a check-up here?" he asks.

 

"No." Jandi said quickly.

 

"Wae?"

 

"Didn't you notice the sign that we're close?" Jandi answers.

 

"Why there are still clients inside?"

 

"They were the last to be served."

 

"Can you decline a person if he needs to be seen or check by a doctor?" Jun pyo says irritably.

 

Jandi and Hyung Jun noticed that the ahjussi and ahjumma are now whispering each other.

 

"Don't ruin the image of this clinic in front of our clients because I can sue you about it. And—You have family doctor, go to them instead here." Jandi reply coldly.

 

"Can you just give me a minute to talk to you?" he tries to reach her but she steps back.

 

"Stop. No."

 

"Ah Dr. Geum... Is he your boyfriend? Why are you acting cold to him, isn't he just delivered a bouquet of flowers?" The Ahjumma ask while pointing the flowers holding by Hyung Jun.

 

"He's not."

 

When they heard this, three of the ahjussi stands up.

 

"Dr. Geum, if he's here to mess up we're here to help you." said the three.

 

"Annimida. Thank you but I can handle him by myself." she said and then drag Jun pyo out to the clinic.

 

 

Outside the clinic he immediately raises her voice at him.

 

"What is wrong with you?!? Can't you now understand your own native language of what am I saying???"

 

"I just want to talk to you."

 

"But you're raising an issue in this clinic while saying those words! Are you out of your mind?!"

 

"YES! And… and I want you back." Jun Pyo said.

 

She stood in front of him in wide eyes. She was dumbfounded by the sudden declaration of Jun Pyo wanting her back.  Hyung Jun accidentally over heard what he said and remains standing in half open door.

 

"Don't joke around. That is the worst joke I had received." She point out at him.

 

"I never joke about my feelings."

 

She remain silence and then walks back and forth.

 

"Jandi..."

 

"Stop. Y-you're pretending, right? That is not true, right? Right, Jun Pyo? Just like at Macau... Isn't?" her visions slowly getting blur.

 

He shook his head, caught her arms and holds her shoulders.

 

"This is true... Jandi-ah, I want you back." he whispery said.

 

Her minds are now fills with cloudy thoughts and did toll at all on her. She shook her head not wanting to accept that this is happening right now.

 

'I think I’m having a bad dream... please wake me up in this nightmare of mine.' Jandi thought while her tears freely rolling down to her cheeks.

 

She sobs silently.

 

Then suddenly, in a snap, Jun pyo were sitting on the ground holding his jaw as someone just hit him square at it. Jandi gasps as she did not expect that the one who punch at his face is none other than Choi Hyung Jun. Jun pyo who was taken by surprise is now glaring at him but Hyung Jun  returns him with a glare also while his hand up in the middle to Jandi like protecting her to Jun Pyo.

 

"The hell! What’s that for???” wiping the blood spill in the corner of his lips.

 

“Move your out here!” Hyung Jun demanded.

 

“It's none of your business so move aside, you jerk." he spat back.

 

Hyung Jun grabs his collar and brings him up to his level.

 

"Jihoo-ssi's presence made me realize that you all rich people have a good heart as well as we are. But you're presence makes my thought waver back to the mind setting I had before--- that SOMEONE LIKE YOU ARE REALLY A DOUCHEBAG!" he hisses.

 

“You know nothing about us so step back!” Jun Pyo hisses.

 

"Yeah… I just know that you ditched her then claiming him back, isn’t? And to make it clear, that's a total douchebag!" he shout back as he released him that cause him to sit back again with a thud.

 

"Yes I am! I am willing to accept all your words because I am that in this very minute but I love her... I want her back… I want you back in my life... I love you. Jandi please." he said and looks back to Jandi.

 

“Love your !” Hyung Jun spats.

 

"Jun Pyo... what can you get by messing up our lives? Why can't we have a normal life? Can't we settle this all at once? The three of us are slowly dying inside, didn't you know?"

 

"Jandi please... I just realize that I need you in my life. That... that I can't just die without you in my arms. I want to spend my remaining days having you by my side."

 

They both now crying and Jandi was shaking her head while sit on her heels down levelling to Jun Pyo.

 

"Jun Pyo... Jun Pyo... You know, I waited and longing for you to say that words to me. I followed what you said so you can see and realize that you needed me. I want to hear you reclaimed me again for heaven sake! I waited  and waited and waited as I got tired of it and even it feels not right, I am trying to move on now." she stood up and wipe her tears. "You're too late to realize the importance of what you had when it's finally gone for good."

 

She holds Hyung Jun's shoulder and signalled him to go with her inside the clinic.

 

Jun Pyo bends his knee closer to his chest and wraps his hand unto it and sobs quietly when they left. A minute later, he felt that someone is standing beside him so he wipes his tears first before looking up. A person helped Jun Pyo to stand up and carry him by putting his hand on his shoulder. He settled Jun Pyo to a bench in the nearest park and walks out to come back with two cups of hot drinks on his hands. He offers it to him and accepted it before sitting down beside him.

 

"Are you there all the time, watching her? Spying her?" Jun Pyo asks.

 

"No Jun Pyo I'm not like that. I am here to fetch her to follow Gaeul-ssi to the boutique then to the wedding hall."

 

"Why didn't you come out so soon that you waited to end that before you showed to me, Jihoo?"

 

 "I'm not the one whose dealing with you earlier." Jihoo sips some in his cup.

 

"Yeah, your minion already boxes me out there. Tsk. Not wanting to intervene, huh? Why you’d still helped me out there?" still holding the cup.

 

"I’m not kind of a person to leave a person like you at the alley— especially in front of my grandpa's clinic, that's pathetic."

 

He nods slowly as he understands now and look down to his cup.

 

"Jihoo, I'm sorry but I can't drink this because I'm not allowed to drink anything with caffeine."

 

"You're forbidden to drink the things that you can actually had before. It's too late to drink it again as the result will toll you out. Don't worry; you're having a Jasmine tea."

 

'This dude knows how to relate the thing I'm encountering to what we are having.' Jun Pyo thought.

 

He look to Jihoo and thanked him before sipping his tea. After a while Jihoo stands up and starts walking away to Jun Pyo.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"…Up to what I came here." He stare down at him for a while and look away to start walking.

 

"Jihoo..." Jun pyo stands up to follow Jihoo but he was stopped by him.

 

"You ed up big time Jun Pyo... Let her be happy or at least to have a peaceful mind; if you can do both, might as well do it to be good. If you do something that doesn't necessary to YiJung's wedding tonight, I will be the one to kick your out the celebration."

 

He didn't wait for his reply and continue walking towards the clinic.

 

"So...then I'm not going as I just gonna ruin the celebration." he said to himself.

 

 

 

 

Jandi is serving her clients absentmindedly quite a while and did not notice that she is serving the last one that sit behind her table.

 

"Ajhussi, please lay down your arm at the table and I will take your blood pressure for the meantime." she said not looking at the person.

 

She stands up and reaches out to the client's arm to wrap the dial and pump to initially take the pressure.

 

"120/80... Quite low for a good build of your body." she remarks and recorded it.

He just nods as if Jandi was seeing him doing that.

 

"Well, ahjussi... what are you felt that you need to see a doctor?"

 

"My hands sweating and my heart beat faster than my normal heart bit rate." he answers.

 

Jandi nodding while jotting down of what he said without looking up to her client. After a minute, she feels chilled inside the clinic and look to her left.

 

"Hyung Jun, can you check if our heater is broken. The area is too cold for us."

 

 

"Nope, it's not broken. I just turn the heater off." he answers back.

 

 

"But we still have one more here. Why did you turn off our heater?" she asks frowning.

 

 

Hyun Jun just stand there looking at her smirking.

 

 

"Ahg... Hyung Jun-ah, no time to play. We need to finish as soon as we can and please give him a credit. He need to get wa...r...m..." her voice trailed off when she look to check her client finally and realized who he was. "Also." she finished.

 

Her client just smile at him.

 

 

"H-Hi there."

 

"Do I need to admit again to a big hospital rather here in a clinic Doctor?" he joke.

 

 

"Jihoo... I- I didn’t noticed." she said while blinking her eyes.

 

"Too workaholic that you didn't notice that Hyung Jun already closing the clinic."

 

She just nod.

 

 

"Don't push yourself to much in work, you'll get sick."

 

"Well, I know someone will take good care of me, isn't?" she said while smiling.

"Of course, for my princess." he poke her nose slightly and asks, "Ready?"

 

"Yep... just get me out in my white lab gown."

 

 

She stood back to Jihoo and he gladly pulls down her coat and gives it to her. Jandi lay down the coat to the backseat of her chair and get her bag on the cabinet then lead them out the clinic. Hyung Jun bows to bid his goodbye and also thanking Jihoo for allowing him to sleepover at Young Saeng's room. While walking at the park, Jandi noticed that Jun Pyo wander around the bench but then stops when he spotted them. Their eyes locked into each other in a minute but then Jandi took the first one to look away and talk to Jihoo. Jihoo abruptly look on the way where she look at and saw Jun Pyo who is still looking at them. He decided to stop and look back to Jandi.

 

"Why did you stop?"

 

He stares at her for a while and look back where Jun Pyo is. She follows his gaze and look at him with disinterest.

 

"I don't know why he is around the vicinity but we can ask him to come along going to the wedding hall if— IF you're going to allow my suggestion, that is."

 

She thinks for a while before she answers.

 

 

"He's still your friend, y-yeah it’s okay with me." she said nonchalantly as to shows she's not interest.

 

"Thanks." he kisses her forehead and look back to Jun Pyo and shout. "Hey, come along."

"Nah, I'm fine. Don't bother it, I have my car." he shouted back.

 

 

Jihoo shook his head and wave his hand gesturing Jun Pyo to go near to them. Jun Pyo walks slowly towards to them and repeats what he answered.

 

 

"I told you I can go by my own."

 

"Your secretary is not around and there is possibility that you will not attend the wedding so I insist." Jihoo said.

 

"Might as well not to but YiJung will kill me if I'm not, so I'll come along."

 

 

Jun Pyo looks on the corner of his eye to see Jandi who stays cold.

 

"Your girlfriend adopts your coldness, Jihoo." he said when they already walking towards to Jihoo's car.

 

"Is that a compliment or sarcasm? Try to put yours to my shoes so you will know how hard dealing with clients." Jandi snap at him as she and Jihoo climb in at the backseat.

 

"Whichever you like it to be. I want to if you want." climbing in the front seat when Jung Min open it for him.

 

Jandi just throw him a deathglare.

 

For the past few minutes of travelling, they surrounds with an awkward silence: Jihoo remain quiet looking out in the window; Jandi's eyes down to her hands on her lap and; Jun Pyo is silently looking at them at the rear mirror and then back to the street they heading to. Jandi sighs a bit before sidling her hand to Jihoo who turn his head to look at Jandi when he felt her hands to his. He gives a questioning look with a smile at her.

 

 

"How's the visit?" she ask in a low tone.

 

He frowns as he did not understand what she was asking.

 

"The 'every-weekend visit'... or you're lying about it?"

 

 

"Ahhh. They went there to check on me. You can ask your spy about it. Right, Jung Min-ssi?"

 

 

Jung Min releases a nervous laugh and then agreed to Jihoo.

 

"Don't be afraid to him Min-Min. Is he threatening you?" she made a nickname for Jung Min.

 

"Annimida, Miss. He never does that. They went there." he says while shaking his head.

 

"And?" She looks back at Jihoo not trusting Jung Min's word.

 

 

"Hmn. I'm getting well."

 

 

"Liar." she removes her hands to him and crossed infront of her.

 

"Hey, that's harsh."

 

 

"Min-Min... tell me."

 

"Yes, miss. That's what the doc said."

 

"Doc?" Jun Pyo frowns and looks back literally. "Are you seeing a doctor?"

 

Jihoo nods.

 

 

"It was ulcer and migraine." Jandi answer back.

 

 

"Is migraine dangerous too?"

 

"That's why he's receiving a treatment."

 

"Since when—"

 

"Okay. Where are we?" Jihoo snaps.

 

 

"Being a liar."  Jandi grumpily said, referring to him and to Jung Min.

 

"You’re getting meanier and meanier this past few days, really. Tsk. Tsk. You already got a spy and you didn't believe him?"

 

"And why should I trust it? He's originally yours, isn't?"

 

"Can I continue what the doc said?"

She nods.

 

 

"The doctor said that I still need to continue drinking the gruesome medicine. And they add another one."

 

"Okay. I thought you already free from that so soon. I'm not gonna believe that if it was the opposite."

 

 

"Sure you are a quite unique one, really." he smiles. "You really are indeed a good doctor."

 

"Grandpa made me realized that."

 

 

"Oh... yeah. Yeah. Grandpa… I lost him and didn't have a chance to get along more often with him."

 

 

"Cheer up. You already made him happy spending almost three years to accompany him on his life and you got two as credits. Kyu Jong and Young Saeng... Remember?"

 

"The two obnoxious cousins of mine? so yeah." He smile and then noticed the boutique.

"We are here now."

 

As the car stops at the parking area, Jun Pyo decided not to go down with them.

 

 

"Why?" Jihoo asks.

 

"Well... they already have you, what's my purpose to be there?" he answers.

 

 

"Woobin will be coming too. We were just ahead of him."

 

"Just tell your driver---"

 

"Secretary. I'm his secretary, sir." Jung Min interrupts.

 

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Whatever. Just ask him..." pointing Jung Min. "...to drop me off to the wedding hall and—"

 

 

“You… you need to change your outfit. That's the least you can do for a reason to come along with us inside there." Jihoo said.

 

"As you insist."

 

He sighs out loud and opens his door to climb out the car. When they entered the boutique, the two are still waiting for them at the lounge, browsing some magazine.

 

"You two really didn't move an inch, huh?" Jihoo shook his head.

 

The two welcome them with a hug.

 

"Of course, we have a deal." Yi jung said while patting Jihoo's back and look up to Jun Pyo.

 

"And you tag him along...with you? ...at the same car?" Gaeul and Yi Jung move back a bit and throw them a confused look.

 

 

"So... the three of you are getting along now, huh?" Gaeul asks.

 

"NOT REALLY." they said in unison.

 

"Well then—"

 

 

"I'm here to get a suit as he requested and off I go." Jun Pyo said pointing at Jihoo.

 

"Since when did you listen to any of us for getting a suit, huh?" Yi jung raise his eye brow.

 

"Only now, I think? Come on... I'm just trying to be polite here!"

 

"Are you in a hurry?" Gaeul ask.

 

"No... I... I just want to get my suit now. Can I?" he brushes off the topic and look for the sales lady.

 

They throw a questioning look to them and jihoo just shrug it off and follow Jun Pyo. They proceed choosing their clothes but even though the boys are separate from the girls in a room, they still can hear the two giggles, squealing and rumbling about the dress.

 

 

"Girls are still girls." Yi jung said while smiling.

 

 

"Okay, I'm off now." Jun Pyo declared as he randomly chose his suit.

 

 

"You can stay for the meantime, Jun?"  Yijung asks.

 

 

"Nope. I wanna go."

 

"Can you wait till Woobin arrives?" he suggest, trying his like for tthe second time.

 

"Enough convincing me. That wouldn't do."

 

"Please stay... Are you not that comfortable to be with us that Jihoo is around?" he asks to him.

 

"Yijung, don't make some stories that is not really the issue. I just want to go and rest there."

 

"Jung Min is already waiting for you if you'll go." Jihoo said while browsing the magazine.

"Hey! He can rest for a while while he's waiting for us, don't you think?" Yi Jung said in a grumpy sound as he cross his arms in front of his chest.

 

"Don't push him the things he doesn’t like to do. You already ask him twice and that's enough for him to come along or to insist what he wants." he lifts up his head and call the assistant.

"Madam, I already saw the suit that I want. Prepare this for me." pointing the white blazer with black touch and a white pants displayed in the brochure.

 

"Right away, sir." said the girl as she gets the brochure to him and went back to the counter to order up what he wants.

 

 

"You're no fun at all. You're still Jihoo as ever."

 

 

Jihoo just stare at them blankly then Yijung exhales and pat Jun Pyo's back.

 

 

"What else I can do... you'd just followed that eccentric friend of us earlier and now that I'm asking, well...nothing."

 

 

"That won't really do, Yijung. Try your luck next time of guilt tripping me."

 

"Bad ! Go, before I change my mind and tie you in a chair."

 

 

Jun Pyo just smirks and bumps their chest to each other as a sign of brotherly gesture and gave his farewell to them. A moment after that, Yijung look at Jihoo blankly.

 

"If you don't move, might as well cancel your wedding."

 

"Oh yeah. Yeah. My suit." he said as it like he was instantly back to reality.

He's in the last button of his sleeves when he calls Jihoo.

 

"Mmn?"

 

"Are you taking all this seriously?"

 

"We won't go far like these if I'm not." answer back by Jihoo between the curtains.

 

"I'm not pertaining what I am having— it is yours that I'm pertaining to."

 

He got no response.

 

 

"Jandi wants to move on. Can you catch her seriously?"

 

 

"I always do the 'catching', Yijung. I never had experienced 'falling'."

 

 

"What if catching her might become falling but it ends coming back? Are you going to fight what was not intended to you first?"

 

 

"I always give way... but this time— this time, I will become selfish. I have seen enough pain from her and I don't want to see worst."

 

 

Yijung push the curtain and look at Jihoo seriously.

 

"This Move-On Scenario is a bit edgy and anytime—Anytime Jihoo you’ll get yourself hurt if it's uncontrollable. You know the saying... there's a possibility that the dead will rise from the grave."

 

"Might ask the lady if she can handle me because I am dead serious of becoming a selfish if it’s worth the shot?"

 

"Even... they both want each other back?"

 

"You'll see the side of Jihoo that you hadn't seen before."

 

Their conversation ends awkwardly as no one dare to speak again; looking at each other's eyes then Woobin arrives with a grin but fade as he felt the dark aura surrounds them.

 

"Is there something happen when I'm not around?" he asks.

 

 

"Nothing more. Nothing less. You just got in time. Go get your suit now." Yijung said.

 

 

Jihoo walks towards the wardrobe to wear his and followed by Woobin mumbling himself that he don't think so.

 

"Yeah. Yeah. Keep secrets to me."

 

 

"No we're not." Yijung replied.

 

 

"Yes we were not. We're talking about you then you arrived and our conversation ends in an instant." Jihoo said looking dead serious to Woobin.

 

 

"Hey! Gossiping anyone's life is against the law and indecent."

 

"It's not if you're bored." Yijung jumps in.

 

 

The two laugh at Woobin whose face looks like a grumpy dog.

 

"Yeah.Yeah... team up to bully me-- how kind of you two, really."

 

"Stop and wear your suit."

 

 

 

The band of quartet plays as the entourage starts for the wedding ceremony. The groom follows by three of his best men wearing neat and elegant suits while walking at the isle. Jandi, as the only bridesmaid for the Bride, walk with white modern mini hanbok dress with fur coat and holding a red bouquet. When the two wooden doors open, the bride walks wearing a pearl white wedding gown covering her face with veil and holding a white roses and lavender bouquet; Marches in front are five students of her as they shower her isles with purple petals. The ceremony starts when Gaeul reach the end of the isle where Yijung is waiting to her and all sits in their respective chair in the wedding hall. Jandi, happy as it seems but her heart aching in envy. She should be the first to get married before her best friend but life really put her in an obstacle that can really test them and unfortunately, their bond breaks for the last strike. On the other side, Jun pyo's heart cries in agony; he’s looking his friend as it like he and Jandi stands there to take the vow for a life time. 'I am regretting what I do and I think I lost her this time.' he thought.

 

 

Everyone claps when they finish saying their promises and Jandi take this opportunity to run so no one notice her tears falling. Jun pyo tries to stand up but Jun Hee hold his wrist to stop him. When he insist and stand up completely, he felt a hefty rude hand held unto his shoulder. He prepares his angry face as he look who tries to stop him but then he saw a determine face of Jihoo. It gives him a mental slap that he’s no longer concern for what Jandi’s feeling right now because even Jandi did not say anything; they know the reason why she acted like that. The two remain standing.

 

“Jae.” Jihoo call her without leaving his eyes to Jun Pyo.

 

Jaekyung understand it easily and automatically stands up to follow Jandi.

 

Woobin is wearily looking at the two and to the celebrants while Jun Hee is still holding Jun Pyo’s hand.

 

“Guys…” Woobin call out as he notices that they are having some attentions coming from other guests.

 

Jihoo momentarily look at Woobin and to the guests before talking in low but in a firm tone at him.

 

“I mean what I said earlier.”

 

Jun Pyo blink twice and remembered Jihoo’s threat then sit down slowly looking at the table blankly. Jihoo sighs and fix his coat then leave them.

 

 

 

 

Jandi runs at the farthest porch of the building and continue crying silently.

 

“Why I can’t control it. I still feel the ache given this up love.” She said in between her sobs.

 

Jaekyung, who already saw Jandi, slowly approaching her and pat her shoulder when she got near. Jandi look up immediately at her and when she recognizes her, she cannot hide her hurt feelings anymore then cries at her chest solemnly.

 

“Jae… Why I still feel the pain? The moment the two took they vow to each other, all the memories that Jun Pyo and I before flashes in my head… replaying all the memories we had before. It still hurt here.” She moves a bit then point out her chest.

 

“Jandi…Oh Jandi...” she hugs her tightly and her own tears fell on her hair.

 

‘You now feel what I felt before… broken— that’s the last thing I want you to feel as I made a way to put you together but destiny really plays off… you are still hurt because of him.’ She thought and cry with her silently.

 

Jihoo slowly approach them and Jaekyung looks at him with sadness. Jae Kyung pulls her out from her hug and gives her a look that it is alright to cry in front of him. Jandi nod a bit and loosen her hug to her and wipe her face. As Jihoo move closer to her and kneeled down, Jae kyung slowly stood up to make a distance for them. He looks at her intently to her agonizing eyes and slowly hugging him; making sure that she feels secure.

 

"Jandi."

 

Jandi feel his breath above her hair making her warm in this state of her.

 

"Please, don't run like that again. I will never understand you if you always run away."She nods against his hug.

 

"And if you feel to, I am always here to run with you."

 

"T-thank you..." she cries and cries a lot.