XXXII: UNFOCUS

Boys over Flower II: Eternal Love

And I am back with Blurry episode~ I hope you don't mind

(Please Forgive me)

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

_________

FLASHBACK:

 

 

Jandi walks out that she almost past to Jun Pyo but he clutch her hand that made Jandi realize that she was with him.

 

“Oh! I’m sorry, I didnt... yeah... thank you for halting my horse.” She yank her hand out to him and walk out.

 

Jun Pyo turn around to follow her.

 

“Where are you going?” he held her hand again seeing Jandi is going out.

 

“Where else? To see Jihoo.”

 

“We were dismissed by him yet you still want to go there?”

 

“Jihoo seems not in good shape, I should look after him. Let me go.”

 

“There’s Soyheon-noona already there to check on him.”

 

Struggling to get her hand back but Jun Pyo saw a potential way to keep her more of her and when they are near from the side door of the stable, he out retch his hand giving nothing to Jandi for an escape. Jandi frown when she sees that Jun pyo is trapping him.

 

“Let me go.”

 

“Are you afraid of our closeness right now?”

 

“No. It’s uncomfortable because he is out back there and you, grabbing this opportunity, trapping me with your hand above me.” She scowls.

 

“Afraid of recurring your feelings? I know this will wor—“

 

“Grow up, Jun Pyo. We are already adults and know what is wrong and what is right.”

 

“I need you in my life. Please Jandi... I need you.” He slowly close the gap.

 

“Stop! How many times I will tell you that this ain’t working anymo—“

 

She was cut-off by a sudden kiss in her lips. Jun Pyo continue kissing her, asking for a response but he fail and lose the contact a centimetre apart.

 

“You got you answer now.” She hisses.

 

He glanced up to meet the angry stare Jandi giving him; a sign that the sparks he intend to connect had gone.For good. But trying one more and he lean more when Kyu Jong and the rest emerge at the door.

______________

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

 

 

Jun Pyo was standing at the entrance door where Jandi is having dinner with Jihoo and her family.

 

“I should be the one sitting with them… chatting, laughing and smiling.” He sighs heavily and walk away slowly. “Why this damn heart weaken that I need to give up my love…” he shook his head. “…ani. From the start, I wronged her for sending Jihoo for her. I shouldn’t do that in the first place.” He stifle his cries and wipe his face as other passerby staring at him. “I am seriously regretting my actions now.”

 

 

 

Inside the restaurant, they have a little talk here and there but mostly airing an awkward ambiance takes place.

 

“So, Jihoo-ssi… you already took the license to be a certified doctor like Jandi?” her mother asks.

 

“Animidda. Unfortunately, I need to stopped in the middle of last semester.” Jihoo curtly reply.

 

“Is that so? Tch. So you are nowhere near Junpyo-hyung standard, in that case.” Kang-San rudely say.

 

“Yaah! What’s that rude behaviour, Kangsan!” Jandi said in gritted teeth. Jihoo held Jandi’s hand under the table to confirm that it was okay; that everything is alright but she manage to throw a deathglare to her brother. “He need to be away as the company needed him more.”

 

“C-company???” her mother gasps then look back to Jihoo.

 

“That so nice of you. Studying while working but isn’t important that you need to finished to study more? And why did you take medicine course if you are going to be an employee of a company? Tch. How ridiculous.”

 

“KangSan, if you didn’t stop right now I’ll gonna give you a full-kickhouse right here, right now!”

 

The intense glare of siblings were interrupt by a stifle giggle coming from Jihoo that made the Guem family stare at him weirdly.

 

“Yah, your boyfriend is gone crazy.” Kang-San whispers

 

“He is. And thank you for acknowledging he is my boyfriend. Heh.”she teases her brother before looking up to Jihoo. “Hey, Jihoo… what’s wrong?” She mumbles

 

“It’s refreshing to see a siblings fight over.” He smiles warmly.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Why? You don’t have any siblings, Jihoo-ssi?”

 

Jihoo nodded.

 

“Com’n. it’s not like you and Kyu Jong bicker as well.” Jandi huffs.

 

“Jihoo… Kyu jong…” Kang-san mumbles and then look up to Jihoo. “You said, you are Yoon Jihoo right?” Jihoo nodded. “Kyu jong is your brother?” he shook his head. “relative?” he nodded and Kang-San froze as he realize who Jihoo really is.

 

After that, Kang-San remain silence even after Jihoo sending them home. Along the way, Kang-San and Jandi notice how Jihoo’s hand tremble during the journey as he was sitted in front of the car. Jandi also felt the rigidness of Jung Min’s body and quite looking back worriedly to Jihoo. Her family gone up before her first while the two is still saying their goodbyes when they arrive to her place. Jandi held his two hand and squeeze it.

 

“Why were you trembling inside the car earlier?”

 

“I… I did?” he denies.

 

“Yeah… and worried look from Jungmin made it sense that you were on edge. What’s wrong?”

 

“...”

 

“Jihoo.” She warns.

 

 

“Alright…” he sighs then continue, “...my phobia gone back, that’s why I... Jungmin is driving for me now.” He confess.

 

“Since when?”

 

“Uh… I think since I’m at Japan…”

 

“Did something happen that it trigger to pull you to have that fright again?”

 

“I… I just witnessed another car crashed… but not that severe, actually. I…I just saw it and the flashbacks flooded me… then here it is. I can’t stop myself worrying again. Please don’t let anyone knows about my situation again. They’re gonna bombard me with questions and I hate that I somehow interrogating about it.”

 

“So not just the anniversary made you anxious… I understand” Jandi travel her hands up to his head to pull him slightly and their foreheads’ touch.

 

“Thank you.” Jihoo mutters.

 

“It’s okay, alright?” she assures.

 

“Thank you again, especially tonight.” He stares at her lovingly and hugged her more, “I can’t express how happy I am that you let me meet your family… that… I know it’s a way of confirming how serious our relationship is now.”

 

“I know you’re still doubting my feelings and this is what I know how to guratee it.”

 

“It’s simple yet… very precious.” He damp his lips to hers and Jandi blushes.

 

“Please, don’t let my hand go whatever happens… fight for me and I will fight for you..”

 

 

They hug each other for a couple of moments and then he let Jandi went up to their house before he ask Jungmin to fetch him. Inside Jandi’s house, her  mom was sitting down waiting for her at the sala. Slightly surprise but then proceed to sit in front of her mom.

 

“Jandi, honey…” her mom observes her for a while before continuing, “How about Jun pyo-ssi? Isn’t you two just having a misunderstanding?”

 

“Eommeoni… Jun pyo and I aren’t together, for a couple of months now.” She said head low.

 

Her mother sighs. “Is that so?”

 

“Things gone bad that we won’t be able to fix that anymore…”

 

“I can see that you’re madly in love with Jun Pyo before. Is it fine that you move on rather quickly?”

 

“it’s not rush…” she squeal a bit then repeat in a low manner. “It’s not rush. My relationship with Jihoo is not as easy as it seems and didn’t start as quickly as it looks.”

 

“You said that he’s your closest at Shinhwa University before and left you. Is it the feeling you have for him is just that you miss his presence before?”

 

“Eomma, how can you say that?!”

 

“Not that I am rooting at Jun Pyo but the feelings you unconsciously shown before was reaslistic that I am so surprise that you moved on that quickly, Jandi. Three years of waiting for Jun pyo is a sign that you wanted him in your life. You actually waited even you didn’t admit.”

 

She inhaled deeply and put her hand on top of her mother’s hand that place in her lap.

 

“I know you are just worried about me… but, I’m old enough to understand my feelings. At first, I think of it that too. Well, everybody thinks like that. That I am pushing this relationship because I don’t want to lose him and paying back to Jun pyo but the more I am with him the more I realize that this isn’t a friend love. I actually miss him. I actually thought how was he and I am looking forward of what happen next time we see each other. My heart says ‘badump’ when he’s too near and keep blushing and blushing madly when he tease me. I am not liking him because he somehow related to Jun pyo but I like him because he is more than him but I like him who he is. He is more than where Jun pyo stands in my heart.”

 

 

“You know your Eomma is just worrying your being.” She pats her hand.

 

“And I’m fine Eomma…” Jandi hugs her mom.

 

“Aigoo, my little sprout is becoming a lady. I’m getting old now.”

 

“Hahaha! You’re still young when I look at your face.”

 

They both giggle but little they know, Kang-San overheard their conversation. That same evening,  Kyu jong gone crazy because of meetings of every department that Jihoo refused to go that day.

 

“That mongrel idiot adult—aagghhh!” as he pull his hair out of his head while sitting in his chair.

 

“Mr. Kim?” Oh-Hani stares at him weirdly.

 

“Don’t give me that look, Hani-ya. Your Chairman-mongrel didn’t go in every meeting—take note, EVERY ING MEETING!!!”

 

“Words, sir.” She calmly hushed.

 

“He let you out till dinner to wherever that place is and him! Oh~ I will really—“

 

“Hyung.”

 

Kyu jong stops abruptly.

 

“Let’s have dinner.”

 

“I still have a meeting, Saengie.”

 

“I insist.”

 

“Young Saeng, I still have two meetings to attend before I do something unnecessary.”

 

“Eating dinner isn’t necessary?” Young Saeng sarcastically asks.

 

“I ate already.” He lied.

 

“Jihoo-hyung didn’t give you the title of being CEO if you just let down the dinner that easily. Any well-being needs food.”

 

“Well my dearest brother, because of your Jihoo-hyung who should be the one attending it, he passed that exhausting meeting to his newly promoted CEO!”

 

“Sir…”

 

“Why?” he glare at Hani.

 

“You can cancel the meeting, CEO Kim. And have a dinner. I let them know that it is cancelled.”

 

“See? That’s easy, you’re so prude hyung.” Young Saeng tease and smile back at Oh-Hani. “Arigato, Oh-Hani chan!”

 

“You’re so adorable when you speak Japanese, Saengie.”

 

“Should I puke? You two are so cheesy.” Kyujong scoffs.

 

“Don’t misunderstand me. He is sweet like my brother.”

 

“Yeah. Yeah. All related to Jihoo is becomng your brothers portrait. How about me? What can you see about me? Your brother’s character.” he gruffs.

 

“You are who you are.” She simply says.

 

“Eh?” the blush simply creep up to his cheeks.

 

“Can I say now what you say?” Young Saeng teases back.

 

 

Kyujong finally stand up and place his things down and so the brothers go off to get dinner. The next day, Kyu jong receives a message from Jihoo that he can go to work late as he will be attending the last three meetings that he cancelled. Wandering around the hanok house, he saw Jung min fixing Jihoo’s car and before he approach him, he went to the kitchen to brew a coffee for the two of them.

 

 

“Hey.” He greeted.

 

“Hey.” Jungmin answers back still his head stuck inside the hood.

 

“What’s up with fully checking the car? I atleast see you check it deliberately a day ago and then now. There’s something broke?”

 

“It’s my duty for chairman’s safety.”

 

“Are you thinking that I secretly done  something on it???”

 

“Are you?” he tease.

 

“What?! Do you think—”

 

“Ani. I know you didn’t hit that low. It’s just my conscious that I always check everything. That’s all.” He look up and smile at him.

 

“Here, have some coffee.” He offers the other cup of coffee when he stand up clearly away the engine.

 

She tries lift  her hand more reaching  the unreachable ceiling of Jihoo’s office.  Another hand stretches besides her trying to link with hers.

Jandi smiles.

“Mwoh? I thought you are busy?”

“What are you reaching?” his body is opposite to Jandi where their head meets.

“Your ceiling.”

“What’s with it?”

“… purest white; It’s so clean that I want to reach it.”

“Aren’t you worried that your clothes getting dirty?”

She tilt her head to look at Jihoo for a while and smile as the other hand of her  travels around the furry carpet where she lay down first after she requested to move aside all the furniture.

“Let’s pretend that we were dating outside in the green fields.”

“We can do that. I’ll ask—”

“Nah. You’re working. I don’t want to steal you in your work.”

“But you are already as I am beside with you.”

“Certainly, but you finished your work before you went beside me.” She smiles cheekily.

Jihoo move slightly so that their hands entwine upward.

“Mooooh! I’m a cow, what are you doing right now?” said another foreign hand lifting in the air with theirs but had familiar voice.

“Saengie-Cow~ it’s nice to see you here.” Jandi ask trying to look at Young Saeng while still lying down.

“Your brother?” asks Jihoo; playing Jandi’s hand.

“Enjoying his coffee break in the morning.” Then he slightly glances to Jandi. “Don’t have any appointment?”

 

“Yep. People are healthy this week so no many clients around yet I am Happy.”

 

“I’m happy too. Hyung Jun-ah told me you were here so I drop by to see you, noona.”

“How sweet.” Another foreign voice interrupts them and all of them to look Young Saeng’s side.

“Oh.”

“Yeah. The person who was enjoying coffee earlier is now beside with all of you. Nice carpet though.”

Jandi giggles and Young Saeng chuckles.

 

“Whose who?”

“I’m a cow.” Yousaeng said in a cheery voice.

“I’m a princess and his is a fire fighter.”

“Cool but why fire fighter? Poor choice of character, cousin.” He mocks.

“She decided it not me.” He said still playing with Jandi’s hand.

“And this carpet is green field as I heard, right yeah?”

“Hm.” Jandi hummed in response.

Kyujong sighs. “Any moment, someone will say—“

 

“It’s getting weirder whenever she’s here.”

 

They all look at the door and saw Manager Jang’s scrutinizing eyes that stand behind the door. Kyujong instantly sits up and wave at him to acknowledge his presence. Everyone follows except Jihoo who remain lying down.

 

“It’s certainly rare to look up but…” he tilt his head looking up to where Manager  Jang is, “Have you ever try to look up and enjoy what’s above and not under your shoes?”

 

“I enjoy where I am, Chairman. I didn’t need filthy ways of yours to enjoy life.” He says scornfully.

 

He slowly sits up and smiles slyly at Manager Jang. “Sometimes, people forget how simple things can make you happy.”

 

“That’s understatement for a person who holds thousands of lives and in a mere snap ends with it.”

 

“And that’s why I need to know what you are up to.” He stood up and fixes his coat.

 

“Pardon?” Manager Jang raises his eyebrow.

“What made you go here? Is there something came up?” he walks leisurely and sits to his chair while gesturing Manger Jang to come up in front of his table.

 

“I am sending you a document personally for your signatory, Chairman.” He lift up his hand with folder.

 

“Thank you for bringing it personally. I’ll review this for now.”

“That’s urgent. I need it right away.”

“As you say so.” He shook his head slightly while smiling. After a while he frown at the document. “Why do we need to have expansion in this area? These are out of site?”

 

“I may say, expansion is great and many of our stakeholders are agreeing to build in that area.” He smiles evilly.

“It is indeed. But that area were already been sold PERSONALLY not by Company means.”

 

“What are you saying? It didn’t indicate that the owner is you, Young Chairman?” he teased.

 

“Come up with another plan, Manager Jang. That place is not for sale.”

“Tsk. Tsk. The members would be really upset after this.” He stood up slowly. “Are you sure about this, Chairman, hm?”

Jihoo lean back and crossed his arms over his chest then look up darkly at Manager Jang. He got the gesture and then bow to bid his goodbye and walks out the door.

 

“What’s that all about?” Kyu Jong asks.

 

Jihoo close his eyes and pinch the bridge of his nose before sighing loudly bringing their entire head sweep over him.

 

“Who likes ramyeon?” Jihoo asks diverting the topics to other.

 

 

And everyone agrees to eat .

 

 

 

One evening after the Geum Family had their dinner, Jandi received a call.

 

-Jandi...-

 

She frowned as the voice was trembling and so broken but she did familiarize the voice.

 

“J-Jun Pyo, is that you?” she ask while dismissing herself to her family to have a private call inside her room.

 

-Is this really the end? All of it?- he sniff behind the line. -Can we mend this? Can I have another chance?-

 

She sits to her chair and prop her hand to the table where she rest her head, eyes in glassy.

 

-I’m dying here...- he continue. –Dying that I’m late to realize that I lost the most precious thing in my life.-

 

“Don’t do this Jun Pyo. You’re hurting yourself. Stop torturing yourself. It’s been settled. It is been settled along ago.” She was in edge of crying.

 

She still have a heart for Jun Pyo but not the strong she have for Jihoo now. She sees him as closest friend of Jihoo even they have past.

 

-I’m so sorry Jandi... for making your life miserable... I’m so sorry. This is my last goodbye. I love you—-

 

 Then the call ended.

 

 She call back him but did not answer and Jandi felt chills creeping inside her after assessing his voice over the line.

 

He’ll attempt to do something unnecessary’ she thought and hurriedly moves out.

 

 He call Jihoo to meet her at Jun Pyo’s house telling what happen to their call. As she arrived, Jandi notice that the place are so quiet that no presence of any servants. All in her way up to Jun Pyo’s room spilled all over the hallway were shard glasses of mirrors, vases and figurines.  She trembles while approaching Junpyo’s door ajar and abruptly stop when she heard muffled voices inside.  She peek and surprise to see Jihoo leaning over in front of Junpyo holding his wrist.

 

“…nothing you can do. Have you seen yourself?” she heard Jihoo asks.

 

“I want her back… Can’t I have her just this once, Ji?” he pleads as tears roll down to his cheeks.

 

Jihoo silently look down.

 

“I need her.  There’s no reason to live now—“

 

“She is not a thing to decide that when I felt pity over you I will just give it up and held it back to you.”

“She STILLS LOVE ME!!! Let her GO!”

 

Their intense gaze to each did not waver but then Jihoo sit down slouching his body and looking to Jun Pyo in sorrow.

 

“I won’t be a hindrance if Jandi decides to be with you.”

 

Jun Pyo’s eyes widen as the words sink in to his mind.

 

“R-really? A-are you going to let her go?”

 

“If she decide it firmly… that it is true to herself that she wants to be with you again… then I won’t force her to stay by my side.” Jihoo shook his head lightly. “I’m tired fighting you with this nonsense war. We are both dwindling in the flames of love but the difference is…” he look up at him determinedly, “If she wants to fight what we have, I will fight with her.”