XI: Sly Move

Boys over Flower II: Eternal Love

14:49:56, Incheon International Airport-Arrival lounge:

 

As the people passing by to them, he stood straight and looked at his sister in delighted way.

 

“That’s a quite peaceful trip. Gomawo noona.” He said to his sister.

 

Then suddenly, someone grab in the tip of his coat.

He moves his head toward to see who it was but astounded as he did not expected he will see her there.

“Did you do this to him?” she asks in rage as she holds a broadsheet.

 

He read the headline:

Youngest Tycoon faces criticism

 

He looks straight to her eyes, “Aniyo. I did not… even I am very desperate to see him, Geum Jandi.”

She unfastens his grab to him and stares at the newspaper.

 

“I’m worried about him right no…w.” she says as she lifts her head up to look to the crowd but then Jandi saw and recognize a familiar face.

Jun pyo becomes wary as Jandi did not remove her look at the other side and started to walk slowly away to them.

“J-Jandi what’s happening to you...?“as he eyeing her where she will goes—he froze.

Astounded as the situation getting in favor to Jun pyo.

Jihoo stood up staring at Jandi and glimpse to Jun Pyo then to Jandi again who already close to him.

“Y-Yoon Ji….Ho…ah.”

she held her hands up to his face but stops as almost touch his cheek. Her eyes are sparkling in daze as she realizes that she is already in front of him.Jihoo tend to move up his hand to touch hers but inclined and does a respect bow.

 

“Annyeong, Geum Jan Di. I did not expect that we will be here in the same place and time.” As he look around to them. “Aa… I am glad to see you all.”

She smiles shyly and put her hand down and closely grip it.

Jun Pyo walks toward to them and grabs his hand.

“Come with me. Let’s talk.”

 

Jihoo stares at him as his hand envolope by his.

 

“There’s nothing to talk about, we’re done already. Let me go.”

 

Jun Pyo still insist to go somewhere else but Jihoo insist and did not tag along with him.

 

“I said, let me go.” He untangled his to him roughly.

 

“If you think I’m joking right now, well I say—No! Come with me!”

 

This tagging and pulling made other people to look in what they are doing.

In seconds, someone grab their hand and pop up to their middle.

 

“Aish! Stop these “bromance” here and let’s go somewhere that you can continue your “Thingy”! Kahjja! Kah!”

She pushes them so that the other people cannot notice what is really happening.

 

“And who are you?” when they are already settled far away from any eyes.

 

“I’m an angel in disguise.”

 

“Waeyo? Why are you tagging us along with you?” he asks scornfully again.

 

“Aniyo, just go somewhere else that there is no other than us can see who will lose and win to your hard-headed character.” She gabbles.

Jun Hee looks  at the girl intently and recognize her.

Jihoo swiftly turn around to face Hani and smile at her. He held his hand up to his chest and smiles sweetly.

 

“Hani-ya… too much sweetness can kill us both. “

 

Hani blush at what he said to her.

 

 “Paboo! Who’s the one who is sweeter than a `marshmallow? You’re scaring me you know.” She pouts her lips and pulls her hand back to her.


“Who is she, Jihoo-ah?” asks Jun pyo to him.

 

“She’s one of the women in my life.” Then he sneers at her.

 

Everyone eyed at Hani.

 

“Aniyo. Don’t get him wrong. I’m he’s personal secretary.”

Then she looks to smiling face of Jihoo and say, “Yah! They will gonna kill me on what you mention,You, moron!”

 

“I’m just playing around. Trying to see what will be your reaction. I’m still right in my theory!”

“Aigoo, teasing like a deongsaeng. Cut the crap out.”

 

Jun hee goes to their side to hold Hani but Kyu jong walks toward to them and pull Jihoo’s hand and released to Hani and Jun pyo. He tag along with him but Jun Pyo snaps his other hand that made Jihoo in between the two guys.

“Wow… what’s this? Are we in a love-triangle situation? In a “man to man relationship”?” mocks Kyu jong with smirk.

Jihoo just slyly move forward as Jun Pyo release his hand as he grimace.

 

“Meryyong, You lose! Ppaila, we have lots of thing to do rather than staying with those punks who waste time leisurely.” he hold both Hani and Jihoo's hand to

 

They just then walks away without a word.

 

They were stunned on what had happen.

 

“D-did you see that?”

 

They just all nod.

 

“Ottoke? All of a sudden, h-he just playfully conversing to that girl.Then he let him hold his hand by other than us…” Jaekyung still amused.

 

“He’s way to flee.” Woobin answers.

 

“He’ll act odd if he don’t want to talk about personal matters.” Yi Jung added.

 

“He’s still the same—covering his sadness.” Woobin says.

 

“Aniyo, He is more stubborn now.” Jun Pyo replied. As he pat his chest.

 

“Gwenchana?” all asks in chorale.“Neh… Let’s go home.”

 

 

 

 

Outside the airport:

 

 

“You should give me a reward.”

 

“Waeyo?” as they approach the car that is waiting for them.Jihoo let Hani in first.

 

“That’s because I save you from them. I know you don’t like to start a conversation with them.”

 

“I didn’t ask it.” he replied coldly.Jihoo’s hand gestured inside the car like asking Kyu to go in.

 

“Fool! I think I shouldn’t interfere.” Then he went in also.

 

As the car went on to the highway, Jihoo asks to Kyu jong.

“Stay at our house.”

 

“Neh?”

 

“You can get a reward by staying at my house.”

 

“I’m not into money.”

 

“I didn’t say you’ll have that.”

 

“Then what?”

 

“I just need your answer.”

 

“I don’t like. I will be with Jung min in my pad.”

 

“I already  given you a chance to ponder again, Kyu Jong-ssi.”

 

“Yeah right...” he just sneered and stayed quietly looking at the window shield.

 

Before they arrived at Kyu Jong’s pad, Jung Min’s phone rings.

 

“Sir, Lady Gu wants you to settle the urgent meeting with her about the headline or else she’ll pull all her investment in our foundation.”

 

“What’s the other detail?”

 

“Sir, it is threatening in the stock market.”

 

He look at Hani,“Go to Kyu Jong’s place.”

 

“I’m sorry but I can---“

 

Jihoo cut it, “Do whatever I ask you to do.”

 

 

Hani and Kyu jong went out, close the door and bows as the car proceeds.

“Now what?” they ask to themselves.

 

 

At Gu family business penthouse, there sitting at her swivel chair Mrs. Gu while Jihoo standing in front of her desk looking at her sternly.

 

“Is this the way you greet your auntie, Jihoo-ah.”

 

“Don’t play like sweet, my lady I’m not use to it. What’s your deal?”

 

“Your men are really reliable. It’s just a minute but then you manage to see me earlier than I thought.”

 

“I didn’t waste time… straight to the point Auntie.”

 

She laugh, a fake laugh, “You never change even after two years, you’re still cold as ever.”

 

He just looked at him blankly.

 

“By the way,” she continues, “I’ll put all in order after seeing my son, then—after that, then I can settle it right.”

“What’s the catch?”

 

“Nothing so serious… Just say yes what he will ask you to do.”“What if I didn’t oblige?”

“Well, then goodbye to the foundation that your grandpa cofounded.” She replies sharply.

 

“Then let’s have a contract.” He opens his attaché case and brought a written document.

 

Mrs. Gu read it loudly. “This is to certify that I am willing to give the authority to hold my investment to the Chairman and CEO of foundation and no further questions under this name. Given my power to not pull out my whole investment prior to lingering the power bestowed on me.” Then she flips it and scanning. “This is too big to ask, dear Jihoo.”

 

“My life depends on what you are asking too, Auntie. We’re just both owe each other.”Mrs. Gu thinks first before she finally sign it with the official family stamp.

 

“I hope you’ll see him after this.”

 

“I better go now.” He bow and went out.

 

 

Silence pass.

 

She sighs.

 

“Are you sure of it, My lady?” Asks Mr. Kim as Jihoo already left.

“I never have been sure for my son’s sake.” She looks to the city views at her window glass

 

“Let’s get along with it. He’s still a kid.”

 

“Madamme, I’m sorry to put my thought on it, if you may?”

 

“Neh, go on.”

“He’s is sharp and very witty  and I think the industry that he’s facing right now made him more serious than any of his friend. He can stand alone without our help but being one of the wise, he sure of all things he do. He’s more than a serpent, madamme… he’s a dragon.”

 

“Dragon… definitely he is. Yet, he has this weak spot. He can’t stay away too long for his friends.  Even a stone can melt in heat, it just take time.”

 

---- *----

 

The phone rings“Yoboeseyo?”

 

“Kyu jong-sshi, this is Jung min-sshi.” Said in the other line

 

“Neh, Jung min-ah why?”

 

“Chairman Yoon assigned you as temporary CEO and asks you to prepare a three proposal for the upcoming anniversary.”

 

“Why all of a sudden change?”

 

“He needs you now.”

 

“Where is he? Why can’t he relay that to me?”

 

“Urgent arises. I will wait you outside the building company to assist you.”Then the phone hangs.

 

“Aish I’m just daydreaming and this is what I got!”

 

He jump up to sofa bed and get his towel then straight to the shower room.

 

After ten minutes of showering, he dress his self in a floral suit, inside is a black loosen neck top and a silver necklace.

 

Let see what kind of attention I can get if I’ll play my appearance like this, he thought while smiling.

 

 

-------------------------------

 

Three days passes after Mrs. Gu and him settled an agreement but Jihoo still nowhere to find but he release a memo that Mr. Kim Kyu jong will be the new CEO for every meetings event. Jun hee manage to visit Jihoo's company building to look for him and secretly wanting to see Hani.

They cross their path at the lobby and Hani bows to give respect to the guest.

“Ms. Jung, it’s been quite a while to see you often these past few days.”

 

“Neh, Miss Gu.” her head still slightly bends down as she answers.

 

“Since when did the two of you know each other? DO I need to file now or you do it by your own?” she said sarcastically.

 

“Huh?” she straightens her gaze to Jun hee.

 

“Have you forgotten about the deal you have with us at Japan?”

“Ah, that one.” She heartily smiles at her. “Neh, I never forgot what I had been told and ask.”

 

“So… he… didn’t know… yet?” she curiously ask. 

 

Hani shook her head, “Animmida. All things in the hospital stay in the hospital. When we talk personally and ask it personally, never been spill to others even how they close to me.”

“We still don’t know yet. Don’t overwhelm your—“

“I will never be here in front of you cutting your words if I don’t know my stand, Miss Gu. I know how important person you are here in Jihoo-sama’s company."

 

“You knew him before we met?”

 

“Neh, before we met. Two years ago. And… I don’t know that you are too close to each other.”

 

“The two treat each other as brothers.”

 

“I see. Well then, may I know why you are here? I think it’s not just me you want to see. If you’re looking for Jihoo-sama, he’s not around. He’s with Mr. Park but I don’t know where they gone. I’m sorry that I can’t help you about him.” She smiles at her.

 

“Neh, I want to see Jihoo before my brother do something crazy. Alright then, see you around.”

 

They finally says goodbye to each other but Jun hee stops for a while and look back to Hani.

 

“Hani-ssi.” She called out.

 

Hani turn around, “Yes, Miss Gu?”

 

Jun hee walks back to her and hold her hand, “ Since Jihoo is out and I don’t want to waste my time, would you mind to have  a tea with me? If you’re not that busy.”

 

“I always have time for you, Miss Gu. I gradually accepts it.”

 

Then they proceed to cafeteria.