XVIII: ANOTHER BOLT FROM THE BLUE

Boys over Flower II: Eternal Love

 

 

A/N: i tHANK yOU!!!!

My dear Subscribers, Readers, and Viewers!

 

Here's another update!! yeeppeee!!!

 

I'll just follow up the image cover...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

He felt his body getting heavy and he realized he was lying in a wide couch hearing beeping sounds He tried to open his eyes but he failed and continue mumbling.

 

"J-Jandi... Mianhae... Mianhae... If... I really... have that, I... really... regret... and w-want... you... back..." he hardly mumbles to himself while breathing.

 

He was gradually heard by his helper as it lean in over trying to understand what he said amd pat his head. He slowly open his eyes but his vision were blurred and he saw a.person wiping himwith a warm towel on his cheek and on his neck. He can't see it clearly but the person wears a white long sleeve and partly open at the collar

 

'So there's really someone saw me, huh?.' he held the helper's hand and thought it.

 

The person stood up getting his hand back and Jun Pyo does not have the strength to grab him again. He close his eyes again as the heaviness of his eyes strike again and slept one more time. He gasps as he regain his consciousness and someone held him from getting up to the couch. He now felt the oxygen mask he wear and something was clipped to his middle finger as it continuously beeping. He shifts his gaze to the surrounding to put back in focus his vision. He now clearly sees the person in front of him; wearing also a white sleeve but wears a bow tie. He raised his brow as it was not that he remembered a while ago.

 

"Gwenchannayo, Jun Pyo-ssi?" the person said.

 

He nod and tries to sit down. The person helps him to properly sit comfortably in the couch.

 

"W-what h...ha...ppen?" trying not to choke from a gap of his breath.

 

"You didn't remember?"

 

"Y-yeah... I remember now." he said as the memories flood his mind and raise his head to look back at him. "Y-you help me?"


He nodded.


"How did..." there's a doubt in his voice.

 

"Oh... Yeah. Jungmin-ssi saw you first before we help you to go here."


"Thanks, Young Saeng-ssi." he then noticed the place where he was confined.

 

"This is your chairman's main office. How come you have an access here? And why do you have medical tools like these here?" he is referring to his mask, medium oxygen tank and heart beat detector.

 

"All of them are for easy access for emergency purposes. I always have the portable heart beat detector in my pocket in case of like this" he explains.

 

"I see. All of it is portable."Youn Saeng checked his vital sign and excused his self to feel his beat under his neck. Another person shows in front of him.

 

"So you're the third one." he acclaims and Hyung Jun nod.

"How are you feeling now?"

 

"Really... Tell me the reason why Jihoo surrounds by medical persons. He helped you to finish the last subjects you had for nursing and you, he tried to get you in medicine. Why is that?"

 

"Don't forget that Mr. Yoon asked you also for my brother's business management degree."

 

"Tch. That one too."he scoff.

 

"Are we having this battle to start up questioning. I'm tired of explaining it to you."


"Tch. I know there is something behind this than that." he crossed his arms in front of him.

 

"By the way..." Young Saeng's face becomes serious.

 

"Are you committing suicide?"

 

"AND WHY THE HELL I WANT IT TO DO HERE?! I GOT A HEAD, MAN!" He barks.

 


"And use it well Mr. Gu because drinking a liquor too much can eradicate your existence." he said firmly.

 

"What the???"

 

"You smell vodka... How many shots did you take?"

 

"..."

 

"HOW MANY?" he even raise his voice to him.

 

Jun Pyo and Hyung Jun stare at him with wide eyes. Hyung Jun didn't expected that Young Saeng will be stern not like before.

 

"F-five." he answers dejectedly and lowered his head.

 

"And you're saying you didn't try to kill yourself?!" he stood up and the two follows him with their eyes.


"The Chairman didn't need a corpse in anniversary as a gift. If you want to party up all night to fill yourself with liquor, do it in a bar."

 

"I..I'm... ! I CAN'T SAY IT!”

 

"What a pride." he snorts.

 

Jun Pyo gives him a death glare but of course he just ignore it. Why? This isn't the first time he receives such a glare. The very first person who gave it was Jihoo and every time he does that, it gives chill in his spine and makes him tremble. But because he was used to it, he even ignore his brother's glare and now Jun Pyo's- only Jihoo's death glare can make him lean over but not all times; there still some moments that have exemptions.

 

"I know if you are in a normal state, not just glares that I will receive." he smiles now to him. "But Jun Pyo-ssi, only red wine you can drink a liquor in five times in a row but still it is not good to your heart. Vodka is hard liquor that really causes palpitation and your heart will be really tired pumping and it will leave you in no time."

 

"I thought I can handle it... Really, I don't have any intention to be dead tonight." he spoke softly.

 

He really didn't intend to do that. It gives him a sad feeling that he almost left his family without a word. Hyung Jun pat his back and he look back with a thankful eyes.

 


'This man... He can't say any word what he feels.' he smiles as he knows what eyes he is giving.

 

"..."

 

He keeps silent for a while before talking again

 

"And y-you know. You're heart... It really stopped beating that moment, Jun Pyo-ssi. Twice."

 

His eyes got wide like a saucer plate and gasp.

 

'I was there! I was--almost died! No, I died!' he thought.

 

He's screaming inside. His eyes were welling with tears.

 

"I... Wow. So... Really... My heart betrayed...me." he shook his head and lowered his head to wipe his tears.

 

Hyung Jun just continue patting his back while he sobs. He asks them in between his cry.

 

"H-how did you manage to revive me?" he whispery asks.


Luckily the place is mere quiet that they heard the question.

 

"W-we gave you a first aide treatment..." Hyung Jun said.

 

He sighs.

 

"You need more rest so we will let you alone. Dial the number besides you if you want to go back there."


"I need a favor."

 

"What is it?"

 

"Please don't tell my noona... to all of them of what had happen to me."

 

"Alright we won't say anything." they bow and close the door.

 

As the door fit in the doorframe, gushing tears falling freely in his cheeks and cries soulfully. He succumbs to his hatred of his condition.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The auction for charity works were almost done when Jun Pyo came back.

 

“Where have you been? You worried me too much when you didn’t text me that soon.” Jun hee said.


“I… forgot to send you a message, mianhae noona.” Then he hugs her a bit.

 


Jun hee look up at him as she felt something to his brother.“Gwenchana?”


“Yep. I just miss you hugging, noona.” She didn’t response as she does not like his good mood change now.

‘It’s better to be like this than earlier.’ Jun Hee thought.

 

Beside the stage, Kyu Jong still gritted in annoyance and doesn’t talk to Oh-Hani.  He can’t help his self not to get mad at Jihoo and eventually can’t jive to the party; he still insists to be down the stage. His phone rings and Oh-Hani held it out to show who is calling. He looks at the screen and his blood boils with anger.

 

 

------------

Evil J.H.

Calling…

------------

 

 

‘What the hell? Really, just now?’ he snorts to himself and answer the call. He waited him to talk first.


~How nice you are… you wait me before you.


“The hell you need? I don’t have time for you.” he hissed.

~I can see that. ‘Coz you’re jittery all the way. He froze.


‘How did he know?’ he looks to the crowd searching for Jihoo.

 

“Why, Kyu Jong-ssi?” Oh-Hani asks.


“He’s here.” He mumbles.

 

~Don’t waste your time searching for me. Shinbo-ssi is finish hosting the auction. You better go up there or I will steal the night to you.

 

 


Then the call ended.

 


He slowly put down the phone and like his adrenalin rush; his competitive-mode came out immediately.

 


When Shinbo looks down to their side, he nods at him signalling that it is his turn now. Shinbo bid a farewell and introduce Kyu to the crowd as everyone claps. He stood there for a while trying to find Jihoo and when he suddenly remember the vacant porch at the upper part of the hall, he immediately saw a familiar figure standing there. Jihoo was slightly hidden at the curtain and if you didn’t purposely look there, they will think that no one is there.

 

‘I didn’t see him there the whole time.’ He thought.


“Good evening.” He starts with a greeting.

 

“As we all know, Yoon foundation reach it peaks for 28th times giving us fruitful outputs. 28 years of success even when the former Chairman was still leaving, we provide opportunities and skills are their cards to meet our goals. I am the living proof of that. Skills are my bullet to reach where I am now. To continue what we started, what the company started, This gift... The surprise... I will present to you the purpose why we do the auction… this is it."

 

He clicked a button and a white screen slowly moving down then a video plays. The mini clips show children, Ajhussi and ajhumma with disabilities and illness. It transit into a clip where someone assisting them in a park, some of them were having an interview or teaching or even as an engineer then the last clip shows a wide plains at Heongdae showing the trees surrounds it and the blank green fields then the clip ends.

 

"One-fifth of Seoul population is striving to live worthwhile as they are lower than the middle class we have here in our society. This time, we stretch our hands to them. Building this bridge with them can be difficult at first but as the years go by and with proper support from all of you, we can achieve what we dream." he stop for a while to look at them and then continue talking. "I am grateful to present to all of you the greatest dream of our former Chairman and his grandson pursue it along the way to present it tonight... Ladies and gentlemen, here is our very own future YJ Korean Medical Hospital."

 

As he raise his hand, a blue print of future YJ Korean Medical Hospital flashes in the white screen and a three dimensional projection of it. Everyone applause for the presentation and Kyu Jong look down to Mr. Jang who claps with the crowd but wears a smug smile; he knew he is not please of what was presented in front of him. He look to everyone and then look up to the porch where he was slightly surprise to see Jihoo was still there standing at it.

 

'He always leave when the highlights of my words has been said. Why sudden change?' he thought and gaze back to the crowd.

 

'Is he waiting to be called? But they said he didn't attend the anniversary for over a seven? What if I call him but he didn't budge to come out?' he asks to himself.

 

He was interrupt by a buzz from his phone.

 

 

 

---------------------------

 

From Evil J.H.:Msg.:

 

I knew you will be like this. Stop

dazing off. They are waiting.

 

---------------------------

 

 

 

'He annoyed me too much. He asked this. Then I will.' he said to himself.

 

"We will establish this charity hospital to commemorate the former Chairman's loving father of our nation figure. As we all know, he continued helping the citizen even he was not working in the government as the president of Korea. And to show some important persons their gratitude towards to our grandpa Yoon..." he smiles as he used that word again in public and still checking Jihoo if he is still up at the porch. "Please go up on the stage when we call you to congratulate you by our beloved guests and to be a role model to them. I am happy to present to you, the volunteers and will pioneer as the board members of the charity... Gu Jun Pyo-ssi."

 

Jun Pyo was surprise to call his name but he did not do anything to be against on it so he walk up to the stage. The rest of the gang were already knew who will be next to call and accepted what is happening.

 

"So Yi Jung-ssi."

 

"and Song Woobin-ssi"

 

As they call Woobin, their applauses become louder as they knew he is the last to call.

 

"Our beloved Chairman Yoon Jihoo is really pleased watching over us as we accepts this charity wholeheartedly. Any words coming from you, Heojangnim?" he asks concentrating on the microphone.

 

Every guests look up at him giving him an eye that he was like fooling around. Some of them look to their back or at the corner of the hall to confirm if Jihoo is really with them. He looked up to the porch but Jihoo was gone.

 

'! I hate him when he like this. Banishing without a trace!' he gritted his teeth and lowered his head as he felt humiliated as he addressed a chairman without him.

 

Even the three boys raise their brows and gave him a look that he was getting insane.

 

Suddenly, flashes of light and clicks of camera shutters were heard at the front door where the Young Chairman was entering the party in a simple white sleeve wearing his casual curly blonde hair. Everyone gasps and stun as the chairman really come to the party.

He timidly smiles; bow a bit for greetings and proceeds to the stage.

He patted Kyu Jong's back and whisper.

 

"How can I leave you alone if you're still searching for my presence?.tsk.tsk." he shook his head a bit and smiles wickedly.

 

"Go to hell."

 

Jihoo just smile and walk towards the trio who still wearing their astonished face and half open mouth. He held out his hand to shake hands with them and they dazedly accepts it. He just smirks and turn around to receive the microphone to Kyu Jong.

 

 

"Ladies and gentlemen… Happy 28th Anniversary to our very own foundation, "

 

The crowd applauses.

 

"I am very thankful of what we are today and I am hoping for your full support to our next project. I am also pleased that my childhood friends whose always there supporting each other made a concrete proof of their helping hands by pioneering the future YJ Korean Medical Hospital."

 

Another set of applause from the crowd.

 

"Go forth and give happiness." he bows 90° to them.

 

The clap gets louder. As the claps fade away he remain standing in front of them waiting to halt. Kyu Jong stare at him quizzically and frown.


"Like a usual party, there's always surprises." he wears a casual face.

 

 

'This is new... Surprises? Meaning not only one,huh?' Kyu Jong frown again.

 

 

Everyone is all ears to hear the announcement.

 

 

"Kim Kyu Jong-ssi, come over hear." Kyu goes over his side.

 

 

 

"I formally announce that Kyu Jong-ssi will be our CEO of Yoon Incorporation."

 


Another set of applause heard.

 

 

"Kim Young Saeng-ssi please come over here."

 

Startle when he heard Jihoo calling his name, he nervously climb the stair to walk towards Jihoo. When he got near to him and pat his back, Jihoo starts to talk.

 

 

 

"Young Saeng-ssi is one of my hidden apprentices if you all know. He is training under me and having a private study at Shinwha University in line with medicine. I am glad to present to you, our future Head Doctor at YJ Korean Hospital--- Kim Young Saeng-ssi."

 

 

The crowd releases another claps for the two.

 

 

"Kansahamnnida, Heojangnim." he thanks Jihoo silently.

 

 

He just smile at him.

 

 

"This evening is a very special moment for me to announce the very important thing."

 

 

 

"What's with superlative words?" Yi Jung mumbles.

 

 

 

Woobin just sling his hand to him while looking at Jihoo.

 

 

 

 

"They are brothers in blood. They show what they can and be unknown was one of their tasks. They succeed to the year I gave to them as a test and as a present for their faithfulness, I am glad to present to you... Kim Young Saeng and Kim Kyu Jong..."

 

 

 

He hold both of their shoulders and slightly push in front of him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...And the brother's head turn back to him with wide eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"My long lost cousins."