IV: A Bid Farewell

Boys over Flower II: Eternal Love

 

Sun clearly rise at 10 in the morning while Jandi and others are still waiting until the policemen had been thru questioning them in an hour or more. All of them leave the room including Kyu Jong but before he left, he looks at Ji hoo with hatred and pity. Ji hoo remains sitting on the chair while Mr. Wong is standing in the other side of the room, his back in front of them. After a minute without actions, Ji hoo held his hand high as a sign to let Mr. Wong go. He bow politely and left the room and Ji hoo remain at the chair and thinking something up to his mind. They are worried why Ji hoo is still in the room and when a policeman enters in their area, they ask him immediately.

“Why he’s still there? Is he the one who receive detention?” ask Jun pyo.

“Sir, calm down. No one receives punishment because they settle it up already. I’m also curious about your friend. He’s really creepy because he’s not talking too much when inspector asking him and now he’s staying in that room when it says they are thru. Weird GUY!” he said as he shaking his head while going out the area after getting what he took.

 They did not show any second thought and proceed to the other room but they meet up in the middle of the way.

“We thought that you’re gonna stay here.” Says Jae Kyung at him.

Smile is the only answers Ji hoo’s give.

“You sure you don’t want any payback to those kids? I’ll do that for you.” Woo Bin says.

“No, that’s enough for them. Let them be alone.” Ji hoo mention but his face looks so disturbed.

“Are you alright? You look so troubled some?” Ga Eul asks.

“Why did you and Mr. Wong stay too much in that room if the inspector told you already to go? We thought that you’ll gonna be detain here. Why you let us worried too much!” ask in a loud voice of Jandi with concern.

“I’m just playing around. Trying to see what will be your reaction and I bet you’re the only one who worried too much with that astounds anger on me not to those kids. I’m still right in my theory.” He laughs.

“Let’s go home, I’m tired. By the way, we still have a party to catch later so let’s get rest and forget what happen this day.” Then he smile and give a hand in Jandi’s shoulder.

“Keep moving.” He says as he drags Jandi forward and looking at Jun pyo who was surprise.

“Ey! Ey! Take it off! Are you tired of living!” said Jun Pyo while smiling and then push him off from Jandi. He knew that Ji hoo needs to freshen up, he just waiting to lift up the atmosphere and he opens an argumentation so it can loosen.

It ends in laughter before they got inside the car.

“Brothers…”he mumbles.

“Neh?”

Ji hoo loosens his hug to them, “Brothers.” He says clearly. “If the times you need me, even it causes my life, I will give it to all of you without hesitation.”

“You’re too dramatic, loosen up Boy!” cuts Woobin.

“We already prove it to ourselves. F4 is F4. No one leaves the gang.”

Jun Pyo says as they start the car and went off back to the hotel bKyu Jong was there after the arrangement, watching Ji hoo along his friends and he went off too after the car leaves the parking area.

 

They decided to meet up at Ging Yeong Lounge and stay inside their own room until night. Jandi is still thinking about Ji hoo who seems troubled minded that day.

Ga Eul and Jae Kyung are busy choosing their dress for the party.

Woo bin and Yi Jung already prepared their things and thinks Ji hoo too.

 On the other room, Jun pyo is sitting in the couch while watching television while Ji hoo is in the portico of their room, watching the sunset silently. There are times that Jun pyo is watching him warily because after the incident, Ji hoo becomes more unobtrusive than his normal way. When the time comes, everybody are in the meeting place but Ji hoo tooks an hour inside the shower room so he let Jun pyo to go first.

At Ging Yeong Hall, the girls were already waiting for them. Jandi wears a fade cream puffy dress with a flower style in front of it and her hair is tied up with a pony tail. Jae Kyung cut her hair again and set a curly style on it. She wears a white Chinese collar dress with a touch of black with a big belt with a circle design in front of it. Ga Eul wears a backless pink feminine balloon dress and her hair braid-tied up too.

As Jun pyo walks forth to them, he looks so handsome in his tied up hair wearing a yellow-green suit with gold touch in his inner shirt. And to make astound his looks, he asks his maid to put some eyeliner to make a different style. Yi Jung has another trip in his hair. He put a cap on his head and wears a silk black blazer, partner with a silk black shirt and a slim black jeans. Woobin is with Yi Jung who wears a gray suit and the collar lifted up to emphasize.

“Where’s Ji hoo?” ask Woo bin.

“He want me to go first, he’s still in our room. I waited for more than an hour for him but still, he’s at the bathroom when I left him.” Jun Pyo explains.

They wait for another minute before Ji hoo arrives.  He wears white polo inside on his grayish coat.

“Sorry.” raising his hand.

“Well, we thought that you change your mind not attending this event but you show yourself so it’s no big deal anymore.” Woo Bin explain.

“Dude! You’re COOL!” compliment Yi Jung as he walks to Ji hoo to give him a shoulder.

“Com’n now, the party will start any moment.” Jun Pyo says as he starts walking. He is relief as he see Ji hoo smiling back at them and not worrying him anymore thinking that he will engage himself again in his own world after the commotions happened early morning.

Every women pays attention to F4’s glamour look and to men, for alluring looks and dresses of girls. They all notices their fashions as they walk in the carpet, seeing their remarkable match making couples and eventually, for a bachelor’s look of Yoon Ji hoo who walks alone at their back. The girls mumbles and blushes their face as they gaze to the apple of the eye—the bachelor one ---and of course he’s paying them a glimpse. Jandi plays in her mind that every time Ji hoo pays them a glance, all of the women there will suffer in fatal shocks and everybody will lose their conscious. With that in her imagination, she really shook her head trying to resist the thought that she’s been thinking and was noticed by Jun Pyo.

“Is your head hurt? Why you’re waggling your head?” asks him.

“N-nothing. There’s just something frolicking on my mind that I want to erase. I was about to do it on mind but unfortunately I move my head in real. heheheh!” explains Jandi. “Oh by the way, Ji hoo seems not on his feet right now. He’s doing some ways that he didn’t actually his nature.”

“Let him be. This is the time that he need supports coming from us. That’s how he shows he’s been hurt by those people like Soe Hyun done to him, remember?”

Jun Pyo is referring what had happened last time of their vacation at Macedonia where they found out that Ji hoo acted strange because of Soe Hyun’s engagement.

“Yes, I remember…” Jandi answered.

Jae Kyung interrupted their conversation, “Let’s head on that table. It’s fit for us!”

They seated near at the dance floor and the stage. Jae Kyung is so excited and she already manages to pull Jandi and Ga Eul toward to the dance floor while the others to follow them.

The party began and everyone dance to the beat.

The provisional DJ plays Alternative, Rock, Dance, Hip Hop, Pop, RnB, soul and even Love songs for their audience and they all participates. Even Ji hoo goes to the dance floor but just to be with them. The DJ announces the arrival of their prestigious performer and passes the authority to them the music they want. Everyone shouts as the groups enter the floor.  Each of them is in black suits wearing a fancy mask and as they proceed to the stage to handle the floor that night, they give thanks to the guest who always there for vacations to watch them and to those who really know them for giving them good feedback for their group. One of them publicize to the guest that tonight will be their last performance as a group because of their members will be out of the country and do not know if the three can reunited again to perform again but promise that their shows tonight will lasts to their mind and make it memorable to all who see them. And then, everybody cheers as they start to dance for their first intermission. Everyone is amaze including Jandi and others but the most interesting is, Ji hoo also watch them dancing. You can see in his eyes that he is not amaze nor irritated but a solemn sad figures in his eyes.

They enjoy the music and Woo Bin dance along,  enough to join Jun Pyo, Yi Jung and others to dance on the floor. Ji hoo moves shyly as Jae Kyung, Jandi and Ga Eul force him to join them to dance. Woo Bin noticed them and make a pun.

“I know you’re a good dancer a long ago. Why now you move so shyly in front of the ladies!” teases Woo Bin when he is with them.

“It’s been ten years was the last time we saw your killer steps.” Jun Pyo adds.

“First and last, remember. All of you- pseudo me that time.”

“But not today.” Yi Jung says as he enters their conversation.

“Ya! Taking it all for granted ah! Ani.” Ji hoo refused. But the trio forces him to do so.

“We fulfill your wish this morning. Now it’s time to pay it back.”

Ji hoo looks so blankly staring at them while everybody convincing him to dance.

“You give me freak!” Ji hoo as his eyes become more looks lines.

“I think we’re being too pushy.” Ga Eul whispers to them.

Yi Jung says without looking at her, “Just give him a time. He’ll do it and you’re gonna amaze.”

Ga Eul just nods her head trying to understand the situation.

The timing becomes their favor not for Ji hoo because as they give him some  space to move freely, the performers go down to the stage and dance with them that made Ji hoo stand in the middle of the group. Still, his head down confirming he is trapped in their wishes and already accepting that he lose. He slowly raises his head to look for the performer’s steps and swiftly follow them in mild touch then moves like he’s with the group!

The girls cannot imagine that he- “the statue boy” become flexible in terms of dancing! Everybody is in shocks and amazement. Of course all of the guests mesmerize by their dance especially Ji hoo who perform awesomeness with the group.

The intermission ends and Jihoo thanks them and goes to Jun Pyo’s company.

“WOW! I thought they’re just fooling around but— it’s amazing Ji hoo!”Jae Kyung praises nabbing his coat.

 He looks at everyone smiling in tired body and redish chicks           but enjoyed.

“I thought you will fail us tonight.” Jun Pyo says.

He just smiles and then sits at the chair and drinks his cocktail drink.

“That would be last---“

“One more and you’re FREE!” stops Yi Jung.

Ji hoo gives them a mad look and stare them badly.

“Be a performer and plays your favorite recital.” Yi Jung demanded.

“It’s not appropriate here to do a recital, Punk!”

“Then… a song you want to share with us.” Jandi adds as she likes the idea of Ji hoo’s performance.

He lean forward near at Jandi’s face. She felt Ji hoo breathes heavily as he talks to her, “DO I have SOMETHING to share?”

She thinks deeply before she answers, “M-A-C-A-O…” then she smiles.

“Paying back ah!” he whispered and Jandi stick out his tongue to ensure that his right. He stands straight and thinking out while looking at the performers on the stage.

“We’re getting their shows, you know.” still looking at the group.

“This will be the last, PROMISE.” Jun Pyo crosses his finger near his heart.

“To be fair, we ask them for their approval if we can do that and they agreed.” Yi Jung explains.

Still looking out nowhere, he did not answer nor even refuse.

“He looks at Jandi and Jun Pyo in gloomy eyes.

“I’ll do that if this wish happens.”  Looking at Jun Pyo and Jandi, trying to make an arrangement before he do that.

“What is it?”

“Tonight, she’ll spend her time with me.” Looking at Jandi.

Everybody was surprise as Ji hoo ask him to be with her and trying to look for a word to say and gaze at Jun Pyo who already in silent mode.

Jandi is warily and still trying to find a word to say.

Jun Pyo sighs first before he talks, “I won’t.” trying to hold his temper.

“So that’s it. Jandi’s wish is void.”

“But we already mention it to the group.” Yi Jung says.

Ji hoo did not answer and sip his drink again. Everybody knows that Jun Pyo will say No and they know Ji hoo too why he ask that kind of favor--- because it is impossible for Jun Pyo to says Yes especially when Jandi is involve.

“Rascal. You knew that he wouldn’t ever say yes to ask that favor.” Jae Kyung says as she dismays of what the situations ends.

“I was amaze by your steps lately but it change then after you come back to your own clammy personality!” after Jae Kyung says it, she stick her tongue at him.

 He just pays her a grin and continues drinking when Jandi finally says something.

“This is the first time that I ask a favor without trouble but you intended refuse it because you know Jun Pyo will not agree to your proposal.” She was irritated when Ji hoo turns down her favor for the first time.

“DEAL.” She announces boldly and straight to Ji hoo.

He is astonished by her words and can’t even say any word from his mouth.

All are in stun as Jandi continue, “You better go now or I’ll pull you to go there to perform.”

Still confuse but Jun Pyo tries to interfere Ji hoo not to go there, but Jandi insist it and look at him with mad face that made him release his hand to Ji hoo as she drag his friend to the stage. While Ji hoo is dragging by Jandi, he made an apologetic face to Jun Pyo before they took the stairs to the stage.

One of the singers made a signal to the host that their request will still pursue.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we are celebrating our last moment here in the stage and for some part of our show… we intended that one of our guests here will perform for us. Yes! For the first time, we allow a person aside from us to show his talent. Be our guests for tonight, we choose to perform here in our stage! Our dance prince-of-the floor makes our night bright and now a recital from Mister Yoon Ji hoo!”

 Everybody gives a big round of applause as Ji hoo walks in the middle of the stage with a guitar. He sat down on a chair placed by the host and glance for his audience before he taps the guitar to start. As he moved his hand to the string to test, he started to talk of what he will be playing.

“Sorry that I took place of our performers here. It’s just a request from my friend... I don’t think that playing a recital is not appropriate for our celebration. This song was for the girl who I found myself caring her in the extent that it was not my nature before… This person makes me realize the world and accept who I am and let me out in the darkness. The title of this isthing called happiness

He strums the guitar and start singing.

I can’t know what happiness really is
without you I can’t be happy

Because I’ve devoted all of this life to loving you
Because I’ve devoted all this life to loving forever

You, the only star tell me you’ll stay by my side
I cannot be happy without you
Love is a heavy thing, I know that now
but without you love doesn’t exsist

Because I’ve devoted all of this life to loving you
Because I’ve devoted all this life to loving forever

You, the only star tell me you’ll stay by my side
without you love doesn’t exsist

Stay by my side…

 

haengboki mueosinji al suneun eoptjanhayo
tangsin eoptneun haengbokiran isseul si eoptjanhayo

i saengmyeon ta pach’yeoseo tangsineul sarang hari
i moksum ta pach’yeoseo yeongweonhi sarang hari

ibyeolmaneun malajweoyo nae kyeot’e isseojweoyo
tangsin eoptneun haengbokiran isseul su eoptjanhayo
sarangi chunghan keotdo ijeneun arasseoyo
tangsin eoptneun sarangiran isseul su eoptjanhayo

i saengmyeon ta pach’yeoseo tangsineul sarang hari
i moksum ta pach’yeoseo yeongweonhi sarang hari

nae kyeot’e isseojweoyo

 

 

After he ended his song, everybody applauses that makes them loved his song. He smiled at the audience and thanking the host of giving him an opportunity to play their guitar.

Yi Jung and Woo Bin come near to him to praise as he went down of the stage..

“Wow! Beautiful song for Soe Hyun!” praises Yi Jung.

Smile is the only answer he gives to them. As everybody are laughing and fawning about his song,Jun Pyo is stuck in his place.

“Okay, this is enough… I’ll just pass the deal”
“But deal is deal.” Jandi hold his arm and drag him to the exit to escape from Jun Pyo.

Jun Pyo tries to stop them but some company representatives went on his side and offers something for business proposal. He can’t refuse to them because Yi Jung too agreed to stay there and entertain them.

 

The party ends at four in the morning but Jun Pyo is still searching for the two and ask some assistance to his bodyguard at Jeju.

Meanwhile, while enjoying the ride from a car hitch, they off to the road near in light house by five in the morning and they start walking near of it and decided to light up some fire crackers.

“Angels can hear your wish if you do that at breaking dawn.”

“Oh really, Ji hoo? It’s already time. What did you wish for?” asks Jandi.

“For your Happiness…” still staring to their fireworks.

“You really are our Ji hoo Sunbae…” Jandi thought.

Sparkles and different firecrackers are in the dark purple sky. Ji hoo and Jandi watch it until its’ gone and when sunshine came out, they decided to walk and go to Uche-Sanbang to spend their remaining time, latent themselves at the grass surrounded with yellow seed flowers. Ji hoo give his coat to Jandi to lessen the icy wind brought by ocean breeze.

“Gomawo, Jandi…”

She pays him a smile.

“Any moment, Jun Pyo will see us.” Ji hoo says while they are resting.

“Can he?” answers Jandi as she smiles looking at the sky above.

“…And at that moment, I will give up my life to him.”

She lean her back up to sees his facial expression and asks, “What do you mean?”

“You gave this opportunity. I grab it even I don’t like, though you pursue it.”

She’s not saying any word for response.

 

 “You didn’t remember the time that I found you at Bussan?”

 

Jandi still confused and cannot figure out what he is saying.

 

“…the time that Jun Pyo was involved in a car accident.”

 

After saying those words, she remembers that moment when Ji hoo found her and sincerely talking about their feelings and thoughts.

“I don’t know when these started… but I can’t live now without in your side…”

“J-Ji hoo s-sunbae…” as she remembers.

 

He looks so serious as he seen her face that she already recall it.

 

“That song is not for Seo Hyun--It’s for you.”

 

Jandi lowered her head and did not speak. It flashed in his mind what Ji hoo mention last time in the bus when they were out for outreach activity.

 

“You’re so lucky, only one term and you’ll be a doctor. They are just treating me nicely because of you, sunbae.”

“If you want, I can drop this subject.”  He smiles at her.

“Nah! You need to open your grandpa’s little clinic. That’s the reason why you’re here.”

“You know that there’s other reason why I’m here…”

But she accidentally ignored it and talk vaguely about failing some subjects

 

Now she understands why Jun Pyo is acting weird after declaring Ji hoo’s wants and he disagree with it.

“Ji hoo sunbae…”

“I know.” He stands up and walks headed afar from Jandi and gaze at their place.

“So I choose this place to end up my life.”

She frantically stand up and hesitate of what Ji hoo’s thinking.

“Are you going to commit suicide??” she shouted at him hysterically.

But Ji hoo smile and walks again      from her but stopped in a moment.

Jandi anticipates chasing him but froze in her place when he sees Jun Pyo standing next to Ji hoo.

“What are you THINKING?” Jun Pyo asks with anger.

“Giving up my life to my so-called-brother.” Ji hoo replied.

They are looking in their eyes trying to figure out what they really want for each other’s and that time, Yi Jung and Woo Bin arrived.

“Hey cut it out.” Shouts Woo Bin trying to halt the war that he sense is coming.

Ji hoo intended to explain it by word but he knows that it is worthless to bring it back the time about the brotherhood he claimed. He managed to leave them blankly and before they response on that situation he left Mr. Wong to talk to them.

 

 “Before I leave you here young masters, Chairman-president Yoon wants to relay something. He’ll be flying to Japan this early morning.”

“Did you call him as Chairman-president?”                                    

“Yes sir, today master Ji hoo is not young master anymore. He didn’t manage to tell you about this but he must go to Japan straightaway.”

 “What reason? Why he didn’t tell us so early? He already pissed me, don’t you know it.” Jun Pyo says in anger.

“Sorry young master but he intended to do it---- That’s what he said.”

They saw that the car where Jihoo’s hop in is moving slowly.

“That punk, he’s escaping from us!” act to follow Ji hoo but Mr. Wong stopped Jun Pyo again.

“As his brothers, you need to understand his situation, sir. The company needed him too much that he needs to stay for the sake of the company. He needs to stay longer enough to settle the impediments facing of the company.”

Jun Pyo did not answer. He accepted that they lose in this debate and let Mr. Wong leave. When Mr. Wong got inside the car, he saw Ji hoo’s eye gloom and he didn’t bother to ask his master and order their driver to proceed to the airport. Ji hoo looked at them behind the tinted windows while they, also looking at the car in their sad eyes. Jandi started to walk slowly until she is running towards Ji hoo’s car not so far from her. Some tears running down in to her cheek as it more sulking her as she felt something heavy in her chest while running.

 Why she feels this way?

Why she’s hurting too much that he feels like breaking into pieces.

She cannot stands seeing her friend going too far away in a place where he cannot see him—where she cannot follow nor have fun with him and makes him laugh.

When Jandi cannot control herself and stumble down into her feet, emotions running through her veins that make her weak. 

While lying down in the middle of that high way, a car passes by but gradually stops and opens the other side of the car’s door.

“How can you run after him like that if you’re going to stuck yourself there?"

She gaze up to look who is it but she cannot see her beneath the sun shines upon it. As the person helps her, she recognizes that it was Jae Kyung. When she got inside the car, Jandi saw Jun pyo seating at the wheels.

"Okay... Let's go."

After securing that is everybody is in steady, they proceed to go to the airport to follow Ji hoo.