XX: MOMENT OF SILENCE

Boys over Flower II: Eternal Love

 

 

Everyone applaused as the music ends, that is the time that the two back to reality. They shyly release their selves from each other and go back to their chair bowing every guest clapping at them along the way. Kyu Jong notice how his eyes and mood change earlier to now that he has Jandi on his side. He can see the peaceful feature of his face. He then remembered the trembling body of Jihoo while resting his head in his hand; the troubled eyes of him when he looked up to him and rest again before telling them to leave the room. It keeps repeating in his mind. Those eyes that are in pain.

 

‘Saeng-ie is right. I didn’t know him well.’ He thought.

 

The party ends well and every guest congratulates Kyu Jong, Young Saeng and Jihoo about the wonderful night they spent with them near at the exit door. Shinee went to their place and bows together in 90° showing respect to the chairman.

 

"Kansahamnnida! In behalf of SM company, our gratitude is all yours Chairman!" they said in chorus.

 

"Eeehhh! We never expect to see the young father of music industry tonight." Key compliments.

 

' kisser' Kyu scoffs in his mind.

 

"There's is no music industry if there is no talent are shown and develops like what you are showcased tonight. All of you are the living proof of prosperity in music industry... so thank you." he bows a bit to them.

 

"It's our pleasure to receive a bow coming from you, Chairman Yoon." ONew said.

 

'You too??? tch.Company rules.' again Kyu snorted.

 

"Without you, we will never reached what we where right now." JongHyun bows.

 

Kyu's eyes widen as he never expected that the word will come to Jong hyun and it really sounds coming from his heart.

 

"Like what I said. I give opportunity to those who are worth but the talents you shows the reason why all of you can perform in the stage."

 

"Chairman! I am really happy having a conversation with and most specially receiving compliments from you!" his eyes brighten up and he clasp his both hand together.

 

"Im happy to talk with you too. And also because it is right to recognize the harwork you have done."

 

"I hope one day we will have time to chat again!" Key shrieks.

 

"I hope you stay jolly as you are, Kim Kibum-ssi."

 

"Omo! You know my real name! Waah!!! I'm touch! O my god!" he fans his face like drawing a fangirling.

 

"Err... Key-ssi. I like you but now I doubt it. You're over reacting?" Kyu said.

 

"Maybe he is, Kyu-ssi but I am also delighted to have a long conversation with the Chairman too. That'a very rare act for what we knew or heard about him." Taemin backs up to Key.

 

"Neh... the other idols had a short conversation with him or mostly none and they envied as we were chosen to perform here" Onew said.

 

"And they will really die when they knew that Chairman attended tonight!" Minho cheers.

 

"Oh. We're thankful for tonight, Chairman. P.D. Lee is here now to fetch us." Taemin said and they bow and left the hall.

 

"Kim Jong Hyun. Lee Jun-Ki." Jihoo called out his name.

 

"It is your talent and hard work that is why where you are right now and I never use my name to recommend any one.

 

"ONew and JongHyun look at each other and they both bow to him amd leave.

 

Jun Pyo and the gang saw it as they near the exit door.

 

"Cool. Shinee is head over heels to you." Jae Kyung teases.

 

"Well, Who'll never be? The very first time, he attend the anniversary." Yi Jung tease.

 

"With shocking announcement. Surely, you are in frontpage of forbes." Woobin said.

 

“I’ll set a date to sit with all of you about that. Thank you for coming.” Jihoo said to his friends.

 

“We will wait for that. Goodnight, Jihoo.” Jae Kyung hugs Jihoo.

 

“Hey, hey. He got two already… don’t add yourself to the line up of girls whose dying to be with him.” Woobin tease.

 

“Tch. Jealous? Meryong!”

 

She still hugs Jihoo but her face looking at Woobin sticking out her tongue. He giggles and everyone looks up at him surprise.

 

“Waeyo?”

 

“You and Jun Pyo do something that is not particular to what usual done by the two of you.” Yi Jung said.

 

“Sometimes, you need to change a bit.” then he look to Woobin, "And I need some explanation about the word 'Jealous' coming from this monkey girl."

 

"Why, monkey?! It's been in the past." Jae Kyung pouts but didnt't pull out.

 

"Well my dear. You gave back the memories now when you clingged your monkey arms to me." he smile looking down at her.

 

"In a different neck, by the way to remember." Woobin teases.

 

They look to Jun Pyo and they laugh out loud. Jun Pyo blush as he recall what they mean.

 

“Ara! Ara! We’ll go now. I don't want to hear any throwback memories."

 

"Don't lie... it's a good memories. We even laughed at it now." Yi Jung chuckles.

 

"Paboo!" He hit Yi Jung's head then he stop for a while to ask, “H-how about J-Jandi? Is she…” Jihoo didn’t let Jun Pyo finish his sentence.

 

“I’ll be the one to send her home. She’s with Secretary Jang waiting for us.” “I-I see. Good night.”

 

Then he left.

 

"Good bye, Dr. Kim." Jae Kyung waves at him.

 

"Take care, Ms. Ha." Young Saeng replies.

 

“See? He even bid his farewell.”

 

Yi Jung said following others while scratching his head. Without looking, Yijung wave his hand to bid farewell to them too. Young Saeng looks at them with a content smile.

 

"Did your head unscrew after the night? You do look crazy." Kyu asks as they walking back to Oh-Hani.

 

"I think a bit." He smiles at him then he look to Jihoo, "Kansahamnnida, Chairman for letting this out into public."

 

"I just do what is right."

 

"Not that cold facade again, it irritates me. Arrgg!"Kyu counters him.

 

Young Saeng just giggles.

 

"Congratulation for a succesful event tonight, Mr. Kim, Chairman Yoon." Oh-Hani greets.

 

"It made possible by the two representative of our company."

 

"And highlighted by your appearance." Kyu spat.

 

"And your identities. I am glad to be with you earlier." Jandi said to make the mood good.

 

"I see. I didn't know that you and them had something, Huh?" Jihoo said amused by being her and the others have been close.

 

"You just dissapear a week I guest and you are expecting your girl to be alone? What a greedy boyfriend." Kyu scoffs.

 

"Oh... you are not afraid to show your brusque side now." Hyung Jun tease.

 

"I can be who I am now."

 

"Are you going home now?" Jihoo change the topic.

 

"The three of us will go to a pub. I don't care if you want to join." Kyu answers.

 

"Do you want to go?" He asks Jandi.

 

"No it's okay. I'm a bit tired now."

 

"Alright. How about you, Hani-ya?"

 

"Wow... it's been sometimes when you call me like that." she smiles at him, "Nah. I need to rest also. I had a roller coaster feeling in my body."

 

"Okay then, Jung Min." he called out to his assistant.

 

"Neh, Heojangnim?"

 

"Take Oh-Hani home then go to the pub where they will going. I will send home Jandi first then I will follow."

 

"Seriously, you want to join???"

 

"You ask me,I can't reject that."

 

"I see. I expected the opposite."

 

"Well... let's go then."

 

 

 

 

The entire travel from the party to Jandi's house was mere silent. Jihoo's head was resting on her shoulder and she didn't resist when he hold her hand to entwine  with his. She look down on him to check if he is still awake but only his bangs she can see. She look back to the window and peacefully enjoyed the ride. Sooner, she felt someone shook her shoulder lightly and open her eyes slowly.

 

"Oh. Oh... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sleep along the way." Jandi explains while rubbing her eyes.

 

"You don't have to say that. I too fell asleep." Jihoo smiles at him.

 

'Ah... so he really fell asleep.' She conclude.

 

"Our driver, Where is he?"

 

"I let him out first."

 

"I see." Silence.

 

She look down.

 

Then she release her hand to him realizing that she is still holding his hand.

 

"I'm s-sorry. I didn't notice that your hand was already loosen to mine." She blushed.

 

"It didn't bother, I enjoyed the moment."

 

She unconsciously smile and blush wildly.

 

"So... this is the feeling of being in a relationship with someone you adore." he stated.

 

He lean again to her shoulder and entwine his hand to her once again.

 

"Jihoo..."

 

"Hmn? Do you want to go up to your house?" he asks while playing her hand. 

 

She shook her head and rest her head to his.

 

"Thank you for tonight."

 

"My pleasure is mine."

 

"Are you going to follow your cousins?"

 

He nods.

 

"Are you going to drink?"

 

"Maybe."

 

"Do they know that you are receiving treatments from hospital?"

 

"Only Oh-Hani knew."

 

"Please don't drink alcoholic beverage. No one's there to remind you."

 

"non-alcoholic or cocktail... Can I?"

 

"If your going to drink cocktails, limit it please."

 

"Ok. I will." he even nods.

 

They spent another minutes of enjoying each company. They just silently sit there, playing their hands, and giggles even there is nothing to laugh about.

 

"Are you not going?"

 

"Do you want me to go now?"

 

"I don't know that having silent moment is enjoyable."

 

"With me?"

 

She nods and smile.

 

"But I don't want to get your time for your cousins."

 

"Maybe on the other day?"

 

"Alright, good night." She kisses his forehead.

 

"That's nice of you. That's how I kiss you." he smirk then he kiss her forehead too.

 

He move out using his door and turn around to open the other for her.

 

"Gomawo."

 

She walks towards the laundry shop door but then stops to turn again to Jihoo.

 

"Yes?" Jihoo asks.

 

"Are you going back to the hospital?" He nods.

 

"Alright, see you there."

 

"Have a sweet dreams."

 

"I will. Take care."

 

Then she waves her hand. He climb in at the back of the car and asks his driver to go to the pub where his cousin is.