XXVI: BEHIND THE COLD HEART

Boys over Flower II: Eternal Love

THIS WILL BE THE LAST UPDATE FOR A WHILE AS I ANNOUNCED ALREADY THAT I WILL BE IN A HIATUS MODE FOR THE MEAN TIME... ^___^

 

ENJOY AND SEE YOU SOON, FELLOW CRAZY affS!!   ^______^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

It is their last night in Japan for the operation and they are compiling all their things in the boxes. Oh-Hani receives a phone call while helping them and excuses herself to answer it.

 

"Moshi moshi, Otosan... Hai. It is our last day and our flight is tomorrow. Iye... on the day reservation is our ticket. Naniwa? Jihoo-sama? Hai.~Eh? Are you sure? ~Fine. I'll tell him." she sighs after the calls end.

 

"Gwenchana?" Jandi asks when she pass by to her with two boxes in her arms.

 

"It's funny that I spoke Japanese earlier then someone will talk to me in Korean. Hehehe. Yep. I'm fine." she reaches up to get the other box of Jandi. "Mind  to help you?"

 

Jandi smile at her then nod and freed the other box.

 

"So have you seen the Chairman? I need to convey something to him."

 

"I think he's with the coordinating body."

 

"But you're one of the spearhead, Jandi. Why come that you are not around with them?"

 

"It's more than the operation, Hani-ya. It is beyond the limit of being spearhead." they continue walking to the cargo truck.

 

 

"I think they are preparing themselves for reporting what the group will do to get to resolve a justifiable reason when they face the board members. I heard it leak out to the company and that is more stressful more than finding the discrepancies."

 

"That's a lot to worry." Jandi sighs.

 

"Don't worry... we'll get these through. Believe him."

 

"Hey ladies, what's gossip do you have there?" Hyung Jun jumps in with two boxes in hand.

 

"…Blabbering about you, being girly." Hani jokes.

 

"WHAT?!" He grimaces at them.

 

"We're just joking. How's other?"

 

"Saeng-ie is still onsite even we are here throwing our things inside this 'humungous' truck."

 

"The What??" they both asks.

 

"It means Large in English... Wae?" she spread his arms out in front of them after freeing the boxes inside the truck.

 

"Too deep words darling. Too deep..." Hani shook her head.

 

"English my girl. English. Where's Chairman?" he asks while going back to the tent for more things to bring.

 

"I'm here. Wae?"

 

The three bows when Jihoo was near to them.

 

"Hani wants to talk to you." Hyung Jun immediately reply.

 

"How did... Tsk. Loser." Hani glares at him but then smirks.

 

"Hey that's bad."

 

"What is it?" Jihoo turns to her.

 

"Neh... Director Jung and his wife asked me if you are please to accept their invitation for a... simple lunch out without formalities. Do you want it? It is literally out I mean. And it's alright to decline the--"

 

"I can accept it if they agree to not only me but with them." pertaining to the three volunteers and his secretary.

 

"Oh! I would love to be with them alsoo!"

 

"But you need to ask them."

 

"They will agree! I'm sure of it. Anything that you request will gradually grant."

 

"Spoiling me again by Mrs. Jung, huh?" Jihoo muse.

 

"You are her favourite, Chairman Yoon."

 

 

She put out her phone then dialled back to her parents and excuses herself.

 

The two just follow her by their eyes and look back to Jihoo.

 

"What's with her enthusiasm?" Hyung jun asks while pointing his back.

 

Jihoo just shrug and put a box in his arms to help them.

 

 

Before five in the morning, all the volunteers are line off to check in the plane and bows to their Chairman before proceeding to the cockpit. Jihoo and the others went out and service by a van going to where her family is after the departure of the group.

 

 

"It's nice to see you back, sweetheart!" Mrs. Jung greets Jihoo while hugging him.

 

"Good to see you too, Auntie." patting her back lightly.

 

"Oh, how sweet of you… I'm happy you still call me like that." Mrs. Jung blushes.

 

"You really know how to sweep off my wife's heart, Yoon-sama." Mr. Jung said.

 

Jihoo bows to him and walk close to him.

 

 

"Just for today..."

 

"Jihoo-sama..."

 

"Yes?"

 

"Is it alright if we... go to our son's urn? I-it's his death anniversary today." Jung Jae-shin asks shyly.

 

Jihoo look at him for a while before nodding gently. Mrs. Jung holds his hand and slightly tag to follow them. Silence surrounds them as they enter the Holy place where the urn of Seung Jo's ashes place to visit. They lit up insense and held up their hands to pray for his soul. When the last ritual was in the process, bowing to pay respect to the soul, Jandi, Hyung Jun and Young Saeng were shocked to see the portrait of Seung Jo and look to each other in wide eyes. They already thanking and bowing to each other, the Jung family notices the indifferent facial expression of the three. Jihoo smirk a bit but ask Jandi what is in her mind.

 

 

"G-gomenasai to the Jung Family but... J-Jihoo-ah... Is... is this another joke? Why... why are we mourning for... you?" pointing the permed hair Jihoo at the portrait.

 

 

Oh-Hani raises her eyebrow as three wears the same plastered face towards her brother's portrait and look back at the picture. A moment later, the Jung family and Jihoo laughs at them but the three still did not get their answer.

 

 

"Yeah... I didn't realize that." Jihoo stops his laugh.

 

 

"Jandi-ssi... hahaha! This is not a joke. It's a real grave- it is our Jung Seung Jo's ashes. That's why my family likes him... because he looks like my brother- like a twin as is." Hani confirms it.

 

 

"Family?" Young Saeng asks tilting his head on the other side."Yes. Oh-Hani is our daughter." Mrs. Jung warmly smile at them.

 

 

"You're working together you don't know her family name?" Jihoo asks them.

 

 

"I heard Oh-Hani mentioned a name Director Jung but didn't mention 'dad' in the least."Jandi defences.

 

 

"Jung Oh-Hani-ssi... Jung... Woah! Oh yeah... it's Jung." Hyung Jun bite his lower lips.

 

 

"Oh come on guys… since when I talk to the chairman without formalities during work???" Hani explains.

 

 

"Gomenasai!!!" The three said in unison and bows for respect.

 

 

"It's fine with us. Let's go and have a rest at the picnic grove near here." Mrs. Jung said and they proceed.

 

"I thought you like my daughter; I never thought that there is someone else." Mr. Jung said to Jihoo when they already eating.

 

 

Jihoo look out to Oh-Hani who plays with Jandi and others at the field; throwing saucer and run to catch it.

 

 

"Your daughter treats me as her brother; that’s the only treatment I received from her." he explains.

 

"How about you, dear? It's been two years since you two became close, have you grown affection towards to her?" Mrs. Jung asks.

 

 

Jihoo look at her seriously and thinking what she asks.

 

 

"I'm sorry for asking it. It is alright with us if you don't want to answer." she said waving her hand in front of her.

 

"It's okay. The truth is... I tried to look at Oh-Hani from that side but my feelings coming back to her.... her that just recently returning my love."

 

 

"I see... he is the one you are waiting for your love of your life."

 

 

"I guess I can say that. Things around us is complicated that is why we can't settle down easily."

 

 

"Is it the society that stood as a hindrance?" Mr. Jung asks.

 

 

"No Uncle Jung... Society cannot toll me out. It is more than that...it is."

 

 

"Me and my husband wishes your happiness darling."

 

 

"Yes, whatever problem you two are facing we know you can surpass it."

 

 

"Thank you Auntie. Thank you Uncle."

 

 

Far from them, the others who are playing catching saucer notice that the three are having a conversation.

 

 

"Jihoo-ssi is really close to your family, Hani-ah..." Young Saeng says while throwing the saucers to her.

 

 

"Not that really... they respected each other that is why they have harmony." catching it and throwing to Jandi.

 

 

"Tell us, how many years you two have been known?" Hyung Jun asks catching the saucer from Jandi.

 

 

"I think more than two years already. I became fond of him as he was look like my deceased brother and now I treat him a like and a friend."

 

 

"He sure lucky to have you." Jandi comments.

 

 

"He can be." She jokes.

 

 

The three continue playing while Jung Min on the other hand, having a converse through phone. When he was done, he went to Jihoo's side to report about his receive calls. Jihoo excuse himself to the couple and privately talk to Jung Min.

 

 

"Sir... I hate to say this but the possibility is so high that it pinpoints it to him." Jung Min starts.

 

 

"What moves did you do to confirm it as assurance that he is?"

 

 

"I have files. I secretly monitor everyone surrounds you and even I include myself for private investigation."

 

 

"Keep it. Other details please."

 

 

"Sir, I found out that Wong-sunbae didn't report that Master Nam Gil is here in Japan... He was also the reason how he make it to be here. Young Master Kyu is also confirmed that he already found the other culprit and induce himself with them.  We reached the ten percentage progress of our construction this end of the month. Our implant people inside the company are ready for any emergency conflicts. On the other hand, the Ha family is still our protection. The couple extended their vacation to Venice. And... uhm… Jun Pyo is still at Germany but... his surgery is not successful."

 

 

He breathes in and sighs deeply before putting his hand on his pocket pants.

 

 

"You have no idea how painful all this for Me." he look down to the files handling to him with hurtful eyes.

 

"What action should be made sir?"

 

 

"I will do that. You must go back to protect who should be protected. Don't lose him on your sight." Reaching the files handed.

 

"Yes sir. I will be back at Seoul with young master Saeng-ie." he bow down.

 

 

Jihoo walk away and sit back with the Jung family and rest the whole day. The next day, Jihoo and Jandi send the four at the airport going back to Seoul as they still have business to do. He assigned Young Saeng to help Hyung Jun at the clinic while Jandi is with him. They went to the office where Mr. Wong was assigned and asked if they can stay at his house to lessen their expenses. At first, he hesitate to answer and offered the old pad where Kyu Jong stayed at but Jihoo decline it and insist to what he plan. He immediately apologize for being rude to not to offer his house to the two.

 

 

"Don't worry, I knew it already."

 

 

"Y-you do?"

 

 

"Yes and I just want to show that we didn't live together that is why I ask about your place—paparazzi purposes." Jihoo explained.

 

 

"Yes. Yes. Reporters... I-I am really sorry for hiding this. He asks me not to say that he is here." Mr. Wong bow many times.

 

 

"That is not the thing I want to hear it from you." he coldly replied.

 

 

"Pardon?"

 

"Do I need to check in a hotel like you wanted or you gladly accept us as your guests to your house... Uncle Wong?"

 

 

"Y-yes I am pleased."Mr. Wong lead them out the office and drive out to go to the house using his car and stop to a two story building with encrypted the Family name at the gate. The outer designs are like an American modern house but the interior stays Asian styles. He opens the entrance door for them, immediately offer two set of sleepers and opens the sliding door. Jandi spots a man sitting at the couch reading a magazine and when that man felt there is someone gets in, he look up at them with surprise eyes. Mr. Wong greets him with stuttering words and cannot look straight to all of them.

 

 

"Y-you didn't tell me... you have... guests..." he said looking straight to Jihoo.

 

 

Jihoo returns his gaze with stoic face that even Jandi can't figure out.

 

 

"Master Yoon w-wants to stay here for a couple of weeks for a vacation."

 

"I see."

 

 

"If you don't mind." Jihoo said curtly."I have no rights to be against--"

 

"You have."

 

"Do I?"

 

"You do."

 

"No problem with me. Chairman Yoon. Mr. Wong own this place."

 

Jandi saw the kind of looks he throws on that man.That looks in the eyes of Jihoo is the same eyes he showed when he saw his grandpa for the first time.

 

"Well then... where is our room?" he change the topic.

 

"Follow me sir." Mr. Wong said.

 

Jandi bows at the man and follows the two. The house have three guestroom and one master's bedroom. Mr. Wong offers the master's to Jihoo but refuse to use it instead he use the room opposite where Jandi stays. Half an hour of unpacking, Jihoo knocks on Jandi's door.

 

"Jihoo... Hi!" Jandi greets."How's unpacking?"'He can change his mood one to another instantly.' she thought.

 

"Is it hard?"

 

"Ani. Ani. I was in the last set when you knock." She smile at him.

 

"Can I come in?"

 

"Sure." she move back to make way for him.

 

He sits at the Chinese style bench at the end side of the bed. and look at the window. Jandi continue fixing her things and close the cabinet after it. She looks up to quiet Jihoo and then plump her body to the bed hiding her head beneath the pillow. She heard Jihoo giggles and she turn her body so she can see him smiling warmly at her.

 

 

"You really act as my medicine, Jandi."

 

"You mean... I  am your remedy?" she blinks her eyes.

 

"Like that... you know when you use your charm to me."

 

"Maybe. But I don't know I have a lot of impact to you.""You don't know how much."

 

"Really?"

 

"Hungry?" Jihoo change the topic.

 

"Super."

 

Jihoo slips his hand to his pocket to get his phone but Jandi pounce him that he lost his balance and made the two fall on the floor with a thud. Jandi support herself using her hand when she heard Jihoo's head hit the floor and release a groan. she lowered her support by changing from hand to elbow to lean close to Jihoo.

 

 

"Jihoo... Jihoo, are you alright?" she asks in panic.

 

He answered her with another painful groan and his eyes are tightly close.

 

"Alright. Alright. Relax a bit. Do you feel your world is spinning?"

 

He nod with a groan.

 

"Mianhae. Really. I am very sorry. I didn't mean--"

 

 

He reaches up slowly to squeeze her waist signalling that he is fine; Jandi nods but still wears a worried face. A moment later, Jandi noticed that his face change into at rest, no sign of pain.

 

"J-Jihoo."

 

"I told you... I'm fine." he said softly still eyes close.

 

"I'm still sorry. I shouldn't do that. I tried to stop you calling a delivery service because I want to cook for you... I didn't mean to hurt you." Jandi suddenly sniffs as she felt crying.

 

 

Jihoo slowly open his eyes to look up to Jandi's eyes. They are so close to each other that they can feel each other's breathing. They both felt their cheeks burning and Jandi lean back a bit, sitting on him between her legs; supporting herself by her elbows to her palms on the floor.

 

"Don't be... you know... I think this is one of the things I like to experience."

 

"Paboo! Hurting yourself is not one of the things doing by a common couple." she lean backward more, lose her hand to the floor that his weight is in her lower body and wipe her tears in her eyes.

 

 

"It is the first time somebody pounces at me, you know.  No one dares, only Jandi can."She smiles at what she said.

 

 

"And..." Jihoo's face is still blushing.

 

"and?"

 

"I-I'm sorry... but, I'm a... and I... excuse my rudeness... but there's some ert thing running on my mind in the position we had."

 

 

She blinks but Jihoo laugh at her for being embarrassed. Jandi just realize how awkward their position is and madly blush like a ripe tomato. She clumsily tries to stand up but she wobble and plump to him again that made his hands automatically wrap to her waist and to her upper arm to help her not to fall. They went back to the same position where Jandi is sitting on him; still holding her. For a moment of being frozen to their position, they heard a rustling and then follow a clearing throat. They didn't notice that the door was wide open. Jandi hide her face to her hands and Jihoo immediately hug her down on him on the floor.

 

"Please Yoon Jihoo, make it atleast... with privacy."

 

"Tch. I do have privacy and never do it with people peeping on us."

 

"I don't. It's just that the room across here is mine so try to close your door so no one can see you."

 

"You don't know exactly what happen so don't judge rationally."

 

"It seems to be like that." he walks away but he stops when Jihoo says words to him.

 

"A glimpse to a picture is not enough to know the real thing. You need to see the whole picture it to admire or criticize it."

 

"How can you see it, if you were included in the picture? You won't really understand." and he walk away.

 

Quietness surrounds the two before Jandi spoke.

 

"I'm sorry." Jandi said against his chest.

 

"For what?"

 

"…for humiliating you in front of him."

 

"You don't."

 

"He saw us like these... I'm sorry."

 

"Can we have a penalty if any of us say the words sorry, what can you say?"

 

"Paboo."

 

"Are you going to cook for me or we stay like these? I certainly like the latter."

 

Jandi playfully smack his arm and free herself from his hug by rolling to the other side.

 

"Pancake?" she whispers.

 

"I thought you will cook for me? Why it is sound like I will be?"

 

"Well, what if... I will cook the pancake and do another food for me?"

 

"You want a food poison?"

 

"I know that it won't taste bad."

 

"Err... you and Jae already threw up before when we decided to cook for you, remember?"

 

"Nah... I will guide you!"

 

"Fine... what can I do if Jandi already decide?"

 

"Yaah! I just want to taste other food prepared by you." she cheekily smile.

 

"You are tired eating my pancake."

 

"No... That’s the best."

 

"How come it’s daebak? It's a simple pancake."

 

"…Because you did it."

 

 

 

She stood up and offers her hand to him. Jihoo reach out to her and support himself by other free hand at the floor. They dust themselves and walk to the room to go to the kitchen where they found Mr. Wong cooking.

 

 

"I thought you went back to the office?"

 

"I can't leave you that way, Chairman. You are my guest here so this one didn't bother at all."

 

"Plan change." he said softly that only Jandi can hear.

Jandi nodded.

 

"Please sit down." Mr. Wong offers.

 

The two sits behind the counter bar. He pulls up a bunch of noodle strings from boiling water and put in a bowl separately. He freshly chops the spring onion and sprinkles it to the food. He then cut the pork into a thin slice and dip it from a sweetener before putting it in a presentable place in the top of the noodle. He then unwrap a pack of seaweed paper and dunk it to the ramen after he pour the broth.

 

 

"It's a braised pork ramen that I served. Enjoy."

 

Jihoo looked down to the two bowl of ramen blankly then look back to Mr. Wong who is undressing himself from the apron.

 

"Uncle Wong." He calls out.

 

"N-neh, Master Yoon?" he stops and look back at him.

 

"Prepare another two sets of ramen. I want all of us be at the dining area once you finished that."

 

"But the office..."

 

"You'd mention that I am your guest, it isn't right to leave them eating alone."

 

"Yes Master. I will." Mr. Wong bows.

 

Jihoo take a tray for their ramen and bring it to the dining area where the other guy precisely walking in the dining.

 

"I think I'm in a wrong time to be here..."

 

"No. This is exactly what I want to. Sit with us, Uncle Wong prepares for the two of you."

 

"You call him Uncle?" he raised his eyebrow.

 

"You want me call you Uncle Nam Gil?"

 

"Call whatever you like."

 

He sits in the opposite side where Jihoo and Jandi seated. A minute later, Mr. Wong enters the dining area with two ramen on a tray. Nam Gil stood up to get beverage from the fridge and sit back with them. They silently eat ramen when Jihoo talk.

 

 

"Uncle Wong."

 

"Yes Master Yoon."

 

"Thank you."

"You didn't need to."

 

"Thank you for finding him for me. It will be very easy for me to move now I know he is within my wing." his words are pertaining to Nam Gil.

 

"What exactly my role is Yoon-ssi?" Nam Gil stops eating his ramen and look at Jihoo directly at his eyes.

 

"You don't have to know."

 

"I have my rights."

 

"You don't have to because you already know it even I didn't tell you."

 

"What?" he frown.

 

"Nothing. I think I blabber too many words today."

 

"Yoon Jihoo!" he exclaim.

 

"It's the first time you call my name, Uncle Nam Gil." he mocked.

 

"Enough beating around the bushes and be straight. I know you don't want me. No. I mean you hate me and my family that is why you are doing these to us!"

 

Jihoo simply glares at him but his hand is trembling in anger.

 

"You don't know what life beyond your sight. You just simply pour or spits whatever food you have but us, we need to work hard just to get it. You hate us because you know we will be the hindrance of what possession you have right now!"

 

That hit him so much that he burst out.

 

"I have nothing against with all of you! Why is it every time I tried to be close to all of you, you make a move that I did not like? Do you think being the only Yoon is a privilege to vaunt!" he slams his chopstick down the table.

 

 

"Your grandfather knows well how hard things for all of us but he didn't care! He didn't even acknowledge his daughter to be part of your family so we can took care of you if that’s your case!"

 

"You CAN even without the acknowledgement! Damn it! All of you let me live alone like I have my own mind! For 's sake I am just five back then! Even you!" he pointed out to Mr. Wong "You don't know how I suffered being grandson of the former president!"

 

"You don't have any idea what my family faced, you spoiled brat! Mr. Wong went to us to comfort the family that did not exist from your grandfather's eyes!" he shouts and slam his chopstick also.

"How dare you say that kind of word to him."

 

"We both experienced his cruelty but you change because he accepted you in a while of his life when he was living!"

 

"That turns out false accusation."

 

"How the hell it was false?"

 

 

Jandi silently watch them. She felt she is the one that did not belong to this table as there thing like this arising.

 

"Don't scare your guest." jihoo glares at him."You started it."

 

"We did.

 

Nam Gil sighs and bows to Jandi.

 

“Mianhaedda, Miss Geum.”

 

"I-its fine." she bows a bit. "B-but... ramen will be taste better when it’s hot."

 

"I'm sorry..." Jihoo hold her hand.

 

"I-it's just... just please don't argue in front of the food."

 

"You are right. Let's continue eating." Nam Gil commends and everyone agrees.

 

 

All of them continue eating, Mr. Wong gives another chopstick for him but Jihoo just took a little and dismiss himself from eating. After they eat, Mr. Wong goes back to the office and the three stays inside their room to have a proper rest. Actually, Jihoo keep himself from hurting anyone as his depression attacks him and he already attacked Nam Gil by words; he cannot control the emotion so much that he needs to burst it out. Jihoo wanted to throw things but the only thing he can was the bed. Mr. Wong already arranged it for him that is why he moved out all the things in his room to the other not to tempt him to. There, he propped himself at the farthest corner of the room, dim with the closed curtain and turns off side lamp and wrapped him with his own arms. At the opposite door stays Jandi who is restless as Jihoo too. She was worried that he did not answer when she knock on his door; she knew she should not let him be alone but Jihoo insist and quite respected it.

 

 

"What should I do? I can't leave him like that." she sighs while walking back and forth.

 

 

It is already two in the morning but her door still half open and she is waiting for Jihoo to come out if he decided. Nam Gil passes by to get water at the kitchen.

 

 

"Hi."

 

"Hi..."

 

"Can't sleep?"

 

She nods and Nam Gil look back to Jihoo's door.

 

"Waiting?"

 

"Yes... He didn't go out. I'm worried."

 

"He is just resti--"

 

 

A clash of broken thing happens to hear inside his room. Jandi jolt up from her bed and ran up to the door of Jihoo and continuously knocking at it loudly.

 

 

"Jihoo! Jihoo! Answer me! What happen??? Open your door door."

 

Jandi heard another rustling inside and thought that he will obey her but the next sound they heard is another clash of something breakable and a loud thud. Nam Gil joins her knocking on the door and tries turning the door knob but still failed. In this scene Mr. Wong came walking towards to them.

 

"What happen Miss J?"

 

"He... he is breaking his room..." she said in panic.

 

Mr. Wong get his spare keys to open the door and tries to open the light but they can't. They look up the ceiling and noticed the broken light bulbs. He swiftly scans the room and saw how wreck it is even it only have simple things inside; he still made the room breakable. Using the light coming from outside, they saw the curtain tucked closed, the two heads of the lamp side that attached at wall is shattered on the floor, the bedframe is flipped with all the blanket and comforter and the cabinet door is released from the frame. He himself hid over the lower part of the cabinet. Jandi gasps how miserable state he is in; even Nam Gil was surprise to see this kind of action of him. He immediately ran towards Jihoo to scoop him out the cabinet.

 

 

"Jihoo."

 

"No... Don't come... I don't need you all..." he haggardly slap away his hand when Nam Gil tries to get him.

 

Jandi cover to muffle her cries while Mr. Wong walks out approaching his own bedroom and back with injectable medicine.

 

 

"W-what's that?"

 

"We're too late to give him a sedative pill so we need this to calm his whole body."

 

"Liquid morphine? That's too much!"

 

"Nooo!"Jihoo shrieks.

 

Jandi and Mr. Wong look back to Nam Gil who still trying to approach him.

 

"We will give him enough to be still... If we didn't, he'll never calm down, won't sleep and he will sneak out. We cannot find him a week or worst two months before he showed himself."

 

Jandi contemplate more before she agrees to give the medicine. Jihoo throws anything he can get inside and when he cannot get anything to throw, he flails his hand wildly but Nam Gil caught his wrist and did not release him anymore. He carefully pull out and wrap his arms to him when he felt he is not resisting anymore. In that way, he felt Jihoo's body shaking from burning in heat.

 

"Miss Jandi, can we use your room for him? And please check his temperature... he's hot to handle."

 

"Yes you may use my room."

 

They drag him out the room to transfer him to the other and Jandi gets her digital thermometer to check his temperature at the drawer. They finally set Jihoo at the bed but he did not let Nam Gil go as his hand did not loosen to his sleeves.

 

"Please... let him be what he wants for now?" Mr. Wong request and Nam Gil softly nod.

 

He awkwardly rub his back and Jihoo instantly snuggle a bit to him more. Mr. Wong and Jandi prepare the medicine. They pull up his short showing his and inject the medicine on him near the spinal cord. His eyes continuously have tears and wearing a blank expression when he starts talking.

 

 

"Mianhaedda... Mianhae, Geum... Jandi... It should be... a... per... fect... vacation... I... I'm s... sorry to be... like this... I... ruin... it..."

 

"Hush... our vacation is not yet started." Jandi soothed him while getting his temperature.

 

 

 

A little while of observing, Jihoo stares blankly and then look back to Mr. Wong emotionless.

 

 

"Please... let me go...to... I want to see Yoon Yu Jin-ssi... I..."

 

 

"You can't be serious... wait, How?" Nam Gil frowns.

 

"We can go see him when you're calm and rest, alright?" Mr. Wong acclaims.

 

Jihoo just nod and look back to Jandi. He tries to smile but falls to lifeless smile.

 

"Geum Jandi... I need a favor that you need to do..."

 

"What is it?"

 

"Leave this house."

 

"H-Huh?" Jandi froze.

 

Mr. Wong and Nam Gil shares some stares to each other before looking back to Jandi who is still frozen from his word.

 

 

"Miss J. Please come with me." he taps her shoulder to get her attention.

She hesitantly stand up and she glimpse to Jihoo before following Mr. Wong outside the room.

 

 

"Mr. Wong... I want to stay here. I need to help him more than now. He needs me more right now."

 

 

"Ms. J..." but she cut him.

 

"Jandi... It is alright to call me Jandi, Mr. Wong."

 

"Jandi-ssi... I understand what you mean but we need to follow him. That is the right action we can say..."

 

"How can that be right?"

 

"He doesn’t... No. He never like you to see him in that state. He felt you will just pity him if you ever see him more than that. Isn't enough to see him suffer?  He doesn’t want you to see him more vulnerable than ever."

 

"Why..." she sniffs.

 

"For my understanding... He doesn’t want the love that you are giving to him taints with pity. He never show how hurt or in pain he is because he receives more than what he asks before... when he was left behind. Master Yoon is right even it hurts, I will never understand his scar in his heart when he was a child until now as the feeling of pity is the only thing I can gave to him not the feelings he needed."

 

 

"It... it's hard for me to leave him like this..."

 

"You need to understand him, Miss Jandi." he held her shoulder.

 

Jandi nods.

 

"Alright... just for three days and I will fetch you in the third day."

 

Jandi agrees and walk away with Mr. Wong when...

 

"Please... can I say goodbye?" tears are threatening to fall.

 

 

"Yes... I will wait you here outside."

 

 

Jandi immediately ran towards her room where Jihoo stays and goes near to him still lying with Nam Gil.

 

"Jandi..." he said in monotone.

 

 

Jandi closed their gap and kiss her forehead before her tears totally roll down to her cheeks. Jihoo slowly reach out her face and wipe it for her who is crying silently.

 

 

"I kiss you goodnight... We will see each other three days from now... Arasseo? Don't try to sneak out or I will give you my high kick." she sniffs while saying this word.

 

 

"I will listen to you..." he gaze up to her glistening eyes.

 

 

 "Good night... my princess."