I: UNINVITED GUEST

Boys over Flower II: Eternal Love

 

CHAPTER I

Uninvited Guest

 

They celebrate their reunion of their gang at their favorite Place.

 

 “I texted everybody to drop by to our old classroom at Shinwha but you didn’t come. Why?” asked Woo Bin to Jihoo.

 

“Sorry I didn’t catch up. Oh! I bet you did not win her heart again, don’t you?” drinking his beer while teasing Woo Bin trying to avoid the question.

 

“Knock it off. You’re making an alibi just to divert the question you have.” alleged Yi Jung to Jihoo. He laughs while he shook his head to show that he will not answer it.

The two boys are still mocking each other when Jan Di speaks,

 “I’m happy to know that all of you manage to see each other before this day and only one did not make it”.

 

 Jihoo stop bugging Yi Jung and he look seriously at Jan Di.

 

“You’re forcing me to speak up…”

She and others are surprised as Jihoo say those words.

They were shock on what Jihoo acted.

Trying to keep it to him but he burst his laugh out loud seeing their reactions. He laugh too much that he did not do ever since. They are now more confuse and shocked!

 Is this really Jihoo or someone who is pretending to be him? They asked to themselves.

Still laughing out loud, Jan Di asks him first why he laughs too much because he is not the usual Jihoo they know. Trying to calm down his self to prepare for his answer, a lady with a long and pretty hair went to their table and asked if she can joined them.

Sure, you’re late!”  He said surprisingly.

 Jihoo smiled at her and let the girl sat with them.

 

He is not really Jihoo. Those words are running through their mind.

 

He treats the girl like they have met before. Jan Di and other are still staring at him and looking to the girl in curiosity. The girl has a beautiful hair with pairs of dangling and Jan Di thought that she saw the girl before but she just cannot remember when and where. The girl whispered something to Jihoo and then they laugh. She felt bothersome as she continued spotting the girl and then, Jan Di gasp!

 

“H- Ha Jae Kyung!!!” she finally mentioned.

They are amaze to see Jae Kyung on her new hair style.

 

 “Wow! I didn’t recognize you!” Yi Jung mention.

 

“Oh! Thank you. We thought that you will not recognize me for the whole night, right Jihoo.” looking at him and then to Jan Di while laughing.

 

 “How come that he recognized you instantly” ask Jun Pyo.

 

 “We already met. That’s the reason why I didn’t come to our old place.” Jihoo answered. 

 

“Oh! miannhaeyo. I think it’s my fault why you didn’t come. I am really sorry for bugging you that time...”says Jae Kyung while making a sad face to Jihoo.

 

Woobin told her not to worry because Jihoo had a valid reason now. Jae Kyung thanks them and still shows an apologetic face for what had happen. To close that moment, Jae Kyung asks them again, “Now, can I join you?”

 

“Sure! Why not.” they all said to her.

 

     While they are eating, they are having a conversation and chatting about what they had experienced. Jan Di filled Jae Kyung’s tea cup and smile at her. “Gomapta” said Jae Kyung and then she wink her eyes at Jan Di.

     F4 enjoy the feast and after that they play spin the bottle. The room are filled with laughters and shouting.

 Jun Pyo alters the noise and said, “Hey Guys! Want to go to Jeju Island for a vacation?” He Look at them while saying, "Just to relax. Each one of us needs to have a break, Don’t We?” while saying those words, he Raise his two hands gesturing that he’s right and then smile at them.

Everyone agree to his suggestion and they plan on what day they will go. After a very long discussion, they all decided to go to Jeju Island next week end.

 

 

Next week came.

 

     The sun shines brightly that looks like encouraging that it will be a wonderful day coming when they arrive at Jeju Island.

     While Jan Di and Jun Pyo waiting for the others at the path walk of airport terminal, someone grabs her shoulder and then cover her eyes.

 

“Can you guess who I AM, Geum Jan Di?” ask the person while giggling.

 

Being surprise and   gladness to hear her voice, Jan Di pull away the hand and she face Ga Eul to hug her.

 “I miss you so much! I’m sorry, Ga Eul. We’ve just load up of practicums and outreach programs so I can’t visit you too often!" Jan Di Explained.

 

      “Don’t worry. I understand your situation. Keep smiling Jan Di, it’s time for us to celebrate.” said Ga Eul at her. ”By the way, Yi Jung invited me to join all of you in your well-plan-vacation so I decided to go with him, too. You’re with them, too and you have lots of story to tell.” pointing at Jun Pyo and shows a meaningful smile. They both laugh and hug each other again.

 

     Woobin counting them to check if all of them are there and finally, he notice that Jae Kyung are not around. Jihoo says, “Let’s wait her for a while, she’ll gonna be late. She just fixes some sort at their company. We still have time, do we?” Woo bin nod and then ask Yi Jung to find the person who will deliver the cars that they are going to use.

Jae Kyung arrives late and apologizes herself.

 

 “Sorry guys! I made a close deal for our company before I go here.” bowing her head while saying sorry to them.

 It seems that they are not annoyed for being Jae Kyung’s late, they just smiled at her and ask her if all things are done good. The car transporter hash out after Jae Kyung’s come to deliver the cars that they need. He explains that they cannot provide a van for them so instead they give fours two door cars. They set off before ten in the morning along their car. They provide the polish red Hyundai car to the couple, Jan Di and Jun Pyo; a sophisticated yellow Suzuki car for himself, Woo bin.

Jihoo and Jae Kyung share in a white mini cooper in their journey and of course Yi Jung and Ga Eul use one car, an orange Audi lotus car.

     Along the way, they leave the roof’s Car open to enjoy the nature’s view and the air freely moves the girl’s hair. It made it wavy all through the way.

Along the way, they enjoy the view such in Seonpanak High way: too yellowish, lot of shrubs, vines, and tall trees. They also pass to the Seongsun flower fields, Jungmon Heanson Paradise and Daeyoo Road which some parts of it are zigzag, and rocky.  There are times that Jun Pyo must change his tire because of rocky roads that they had passed.

 They went on after replacing it and before sunset, they arrive at Jungmon resort where Shilla Hotel, a five star lodging house in Jeju-do; one of Shinwa’s property localize. They are going to spend their vacation week in that hotel.

 

They unpack all of their things, fix everything that they must lay off inthe cars and the chambermaids took their stuff to assist. Jae Kyung, Jan Di and Ga Eul share one room so they can have time for Girl’s talk.

Each F4 prefer to use one room for them but Jun Pyo change his mind and askJihoo if he wants to share with him. Jihoo did not resist and just nod only for confirming that he wants too. Actually, to agree is the only Jun Pyo wants for an answer and Jihoo knows him very well that he did not even try to defy. Even Yi Jung and Woo bin are surprise of what he demand but they just leave all the sorts alone that they don’t want to hear Jun Pyo’s unreasonable experimentation about his actions (because what he will say is right for him even it is not acceptable).

Jun Pyo gives a command to his maid to put Jihoo’s luggage at his room when already settled. Before they proceed to their respective room, Woo bin and Yi Jung tease Jihoo wordlessly. They mouth scowling at him expecting him that he cannot stay there for long and they chuckle.

 

Night came and everybody is at peace.  In their room, Jihoo ask Jun Pyo if he can roam around but Jun Pyo is busy fixing his things and did not mind him. He just let him go without looking. Jihoo left the room shaking his head while smiling at him. He does not have any idea why Jun Pyo suddenly chose to have a roommate. He is kind of person who is annoyed if he have a partner in his room but he change his mind without ponder it twice. After thinking of it, he proceeds to walk around.

                                                                                      The hall way is painted in dim whitish color to emphasize the furniture. Down at the receiving area, the wall is scheme with big wall paint, a beautiful green lawn with a blue-foggy sky above is painted in the art work. Some part of the hotel is mirror-design; some part abode indoor plants beside a two-sitter chair and on the other side standing a golden brown human-size dim light. As he go around he saw an open door and when he went there to see if there someone else, he saw nothing and gaze around the lounge. Inside of it, there are two long green couches and four ornament-design chairs. A black piano is placed near window and Jihoo stare at it as he walks toward on it.

He suddenly touches the piano. He senses the smoothness of its side with his finger and a low tone break the silence inside the lounge when he manages to reach it. He looks around if he disturbs someone but the door did not open even a little bit.  He then sits on the chair and play the piano with a mild touch. He starts a mellow tune when his hand landed in the keys.

As he goes hit the keys softly, he remember the times where he was with Jan Di for more than five years and then he stop and change the tune. He closes his eyes and feels the rhythm of what he is playing.

He suddenly stopped when he felt that he is not alone. As he opens his eyes, he sees a woman standing beyond the piano. He thinks that she is there half way ago while he is playing.  Jihoo look at her, then he smile and ask if he disturb her. Jae Kyung shook her head while walking and smiled.

 

 “No not at all. It seems you are so brilliant in comes with the instruments”, she says as she sit beside him and touching some keys, trying to make a tune.

 Jihoo did not stop him but instead he joins her and guides her on what keys will follow.

Just the way I teach Jan Di, he taught. Alas! I’m thinking her again.

Then he proceeds to teach Jae Kyung.

They laugh as they enjoy playing the keys and hour passes by, they did not realize that it is dinner time.

When Jun Pyo felt hungry, he remembered to look for Jihoo and found him with Jae Kyung. He invited them to have dinner because the others are waiting them in the dining room.

“Sure.” they say as they stand up and follow Jun Pyo.

 When they are there, Jun Pyo sit in the middle of the table; Jan Di at his right side and Jae Kyung at left. Gae Eul sat next to Jan Di and then to her is Yi Jung; Jihoo and Woo bin sat next to Jae Kyung. They spoil themselves eating all mouthwatering cuisines such as pasta, seafood and dessert. Jan Di filled her plate with bunch of Asian cuisine and eats cold sweets for desserts like ice cream, banana split and fruit smoothies. They are laughing at her as she indulges all desserts at once. Jae Kyung noticed that Jihoo’s smile fail easily as he look to Jan Di, seeing how romantic they are even they are mocking around each other

 

As the night deepens and everybody is sleeping, Jihoo is still awake and standing in front of the window. He is looking at Jun Pyo who is sleeping on the other corner of their room, safe and sound.

 

Five years of his life, he thought that he can be firm.

 That he can overcome the sting taken the situation that he is preparing for but he can still feel the pain brought by his affection for her who now with Jun Pyo’s arm. He felt resentful for the person who loves Jan Di more than her life. Up to that time, he wishes he can gain the same kind of devotion from the same person they adore. A tear flows freely on his cheek as he think that it will not ever happen because Jan Di is giving different attention for both of them and the one that he is asking for is what Jun Pyo’s receiving from her. He finally wipes his tear and stood up and decided to go outside to lessen his tension and eradicate his agony from those thought.

He go to the poolside where fresh air draught on his body. Jihoo keep on walking without looking around when she heard a soft cough coming on the corner. As he gazes all over the place, he sees Jae Kyung seating near the coffee table, holding a magazine while gaping at him.

“Wow, we are both awake and can’t sleep. Is there something bothering you, Jihoo oppa?” ask Jae Kyung.

 He is already at the other side of the coffee table and seated in the vacant chair when he spoke, “Oppa? How come you call me oppa this time?”

“Well it’s not suitable to address you “-ssi” here while having a vacation Charmain-president Yoon.”

“Ara…”

“Tell me..”

“Huh? Ahh.. It’s just the place. I’m just adopting it, that’s all.”

“Are you sure it is just the place?” she asks as she stare Jihoo’s eyes that she is confirming that he said is just partial truth.

His eyes now become astonish but gloomy as Jae Kyung asks it and he is surprise by what she alleged.

 

 “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Jihoo answered.

 

 “But I can see pain in your eyes. Do not shroud it to me; we have the same feeling today as we watch them mocking each other with affection.” Jae kyung says as she looks in the sky, gazing stars above.

 

 He look up too, “Eyes are window of our soul. I heard that words from a native monk at Bussan. Even you fib it, you can see it through the eyes.”

 

“Neh…” Jae Kyung answers.

 

“But, I’ll stay what we have now and nothing...” he lower his face to look at Jae Kyung, “...Nothing to assume more than that.” he says seriously.

 

 “Weiyo?”

 

“Let’s us be a supporting character in a love story built by the two lovers and I do not want anyone or even  you interfere their happiness if you have any intention”, his voice express warning as he says that words and then he stood up to go back on his room without saying goodbye.

 

“You really are a good person, Jihoo. Your love for her is more sacrifice than thinking your own joy.”

 Jihoo stop as he heard Jae Kyung talking to him. 

She noticed it and continued talking, “You intend to make her happy even your heart is breaking into pieces just to give the happiness she wants. You know…”

 

She stops for a while, looking at him with admiration.

 

“If we can put back all the times that were wasted and can choose who want us to love, it is you I want to share the rest of my life…”Jae Kyung says. “…but my heart now, just like yours ---thumping to other person—that special person.  I… I cannot struggle and teach who will love It.” she sighs.

 

 “Don’t worry, Jihoo the martyr man, Jan Di is my friend too so I will not do anything to hurt her.” saying it with assurance.

 Jae kyung stand up and walk with Jihoo. He just looked back at her and then they go on walking.

 

 

First morning of their vacation, they stroll near the seashore and organize their picnic basket after setting up their summer umbrella. Jan Di and Ga Eul carry two baskets for their foodstuff and sandwiches; Yi Jung carries a beach pad for their belongings; as Jihoo and Woo bin carry the griller and charcoal for grilling, Jun Pyo and Jae Kyung fetch some big fishes that they like to carry it by their own.

 

 “Oh! I really like this Fish! It is so BIG! Hihihihi!”, as she giggles.

 

 “This one too Jae Kyung! It is BIGGER THAN YOURS! meryeong!” mock Jun Pyo, sticking tongue out, teasing Jae Kyung.

 

 “Oh com’on Jeun! You’re not the one who catches it!!” says Jae Kyung.

 

 Jun Pyo is irritated of what Jae Kyung says and chases her. Ga Eul and others look so blankly as what is happening and they look at Jan Di.

Ga Eul look at Jan Di questionable too, but she just laugh and said,

“Ara.. hehehe… We’re having fun right now, do we? Hehehe. So there’s nothing wrong to chase her.” then she precede taking out all the things inside the basket.

 

Ga Eul did not get the point what she is saying and then finally, Jihoo closed the conversation, “We go here for fun not for making an ominous speculation”.

 

Actually Jan Di really does not know what to say because she is surprised too and then she discreetly thanks Jihoo for saving her. Jihoo gave a pale grin to her and then went to Woo Bin to help him arrange the griller.

 

“I think he’s in bad shape.” She whispers to herself and looking at Jihoo while pouting her lips.

The sun now waving them a goodbye, saying that is the end of their first day vacation in Jeju Island.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Back at Shilla Hotel:

 

“That’s a GREAT first BREAK!”,

Jae kyung says loudly while drinking a glass of juice in their room while resting.

 “Hhmmn... Answer me truthfully, Jae...” Ga Eul cut.

Jae Kyung looks at her baffled, “yes if I can, Why not. What is it, Ga Eul?”

 Confused if she is going to continue or not to ask but she manage to remain what is in her mind.

 “Do-- do you still have f-feelings with him… I – I mean to Jun Pyo? Sorry for asking. Just want to know, that’s all.”

 

She lean her head shyly on the other side where she cannot see Jae Kyung’s face. She is expecting that her face turn red and yelling at her but she is wrong. She heard Jae Kyung laughing and rolling over her bed when she looks back.

 She felt her face hot and ask shyly, “W-w-What’s wrong? Did I say s-something f-fun-ny, unnie?”

 

Still rolling back and forth, trying to talk clearly to understand in spite that she still smirking, “Y-You made...haha… made me laugh-hahhaha of what you had just ask.”

 

She continued chuckling when Jan Di came out from Shower room.

 

 “Why she is laughing so madly?” Jan Di ask Ga Eul.

 

 Ga Eul do not know what she will answer—actually she really did not know either, she just toss her shoulder up showing she really do not know. Now Jae Kung is seating on her bed to break her madness and trying to calm herself to response of what Ga Eul ask.

 

 “HA! Wow! That’s awful! Woohhh! But it’s nice to laugh like that, hehehe.” imposing not to laugh as she speak. She clear before she speak again,

 

“Do you like me to answer it right now, Ga Eul?”.

Ga Eul did not know what she will response as she did not mention it to Jan Di.

Thinking clueless, she asks them what is happening.

 

She smiles as she remembers Jihoo’s threatening words, “Just like the martyr man…” She shook her head smiling and then she look at Jan Di as she speak to Ga Eul,

“There’s nothing to worry about Ga Eul. I will not do such a malicious act just to break our friends we have. After all the martyr man warned me earlier than you are.”

Jan Di is more confuse, “m-martyr man? Who’s that? Hey, what’s about malicious act? What is this all about?”

 

 “Well...” standing in her own feet and go to the door, “I will just roam around to relax myself. I’ll be back at midnight, don’t wait me too much or your eyes will be bulgy! Hahahaha!”

 

As she closed the door, she slides herself down to the floor feeling jealous to Jan Di because she had a wonderful friends like them who can count on whenever bad times happen.

She did not notice that Woo bin is watching her while she stand up, take a deep breath and smile at herself saying, “Golly wow! I will be alone. You are really bad Jae Kyung. Really-- really bad! ” she sighs and continued walking. “No one will ever be adores me... The one that I love doesn’t want me and I do not have such a great friends like Jan Di has” saying this words while gesturing her hand.

 

She goes on walking and she did not notice that Woo bin is following and observing her discreetly. When she finally at the terrace, she shouted very eagerly and sigh. When she breathes in and turns back inside, she gasps in surprise!

 

“I never thought that you can settle your mood by shouting. You gave me an idea! Hehehe, if I am stress I’ll gonna do that, I promise.” crossing his finger near his heart while smiling.

 

“Y-YOU’RE F-FOLLOWING ME?!” Jae Kyung asked him vigorously.

“Yeah. Sliding yourself down to the floor; talking to yourself, walking without looking and shouting just to untie your stress. You’re so AWESOME!” Woo bin answered.

A squeaky vocal sound went out on as she felt embarrass. Jae Kyung wobbled her head while her eyes are close, trying to calm her self-saying.

 

 “Ottoke? Ottoke? This is not true! It’s just a dream. ONLY A dream okay? A dream—”.

 

 “No it isn’t”, Woo bin interrupt.

 

“No- No! This can’t be!” she shrieks and ran away.

 

Before Jae Kyung lose on his sight, Woo bin call out and say, “Don’t worry, I won’t say anything tomorrow.”

 

“Ottoke?Aigoo!  I’m dead.. Really-really dead!” That words are running through her head before she sleep.

 

Morning shines and everybody are awake except Jae Kyung who still at her bed, pretending she asleep but actually she is worried what will happen if she see Woo bin. Oh! She really feels ashamed of what had happen that night. Jan Di is still urging her to wake up because they decide to stroll near in the market place. Jae Kyung tried any alibi not to go with them but Jan Di and Ga Eul resist and persuade her to come. After the preparation, they finally meet their friends at lounge and of course Woo bin grin up to his ears as he remember what had happen. He act normal in front of her making up that there is nothing happen and greet them warmly especially Jae Kyung.