IX: Stain in your Heart

Boys over Flower II: Eternal Love

 

It’s been two months after Jun Pyo’s Health findings.

 

 Jae Kyung is walking at the park with her umbrella when he saw a familiar face that seems so sad at the corner of the stairs. She recognizes the person when she got near to him.

“Can I join you?” asked Jae Kyung.

He was surprised and cannot believe that this person see him there in that kind of condition.

“S-sure…” he moved a bit to give Jae Kyung a space to seat beside him.

“You look so serious, Woobin-ah. Something happen just a bit? Or are you still worried about Jun Pyo’s condition?”

“Yeah, one of it.”

 “So, there a lot of things bother you.”

“Kinda…”

“Try to visit Jun Pyo again so it can lessen the affliction you felt.”

“Thanks. I’ll be there one of these days but not for now…”

“Want to share?”

“Aniyo, gwenchanaeyo. Sorry that you noticed me like these.” He scratched his head and tries to smile.

“Well it seems that your friend Yi Jung is a little bit busy searching for a donor too. If you don’t have any choice to talk to, call me. Alright, see you!” she stands up and waves her hand as good bye.

He just looked at her while leaving him behind. He smiled and thought, “She’s optimistic too like Jan Di.” And then he lean his head towards his knee.

Actually, Bae Bi turned him down again. He really does not know what she wants to prove his self that he was sincere of courting her and there is nothing can affect their relationship.

 

The same day but earlier before Jae kyung sees him, Woobin contacted Bae-Bi to talk to her once more.

“Happy Valentines, Bae-bi.” He held a flower.

“What is this again, Woobin? I had enough! I told you that you can’t do anything that can convince me.”

“It’s just a flower, Bae-bi… and I  always prove myself to you but still, I can’t get your answer. Why? Is there something wrong on me?”

“We already talk this nonsense matter and I already told my answer!”

Then Bae-Bi turn his back away to Woobin who still heartbroken.

 

He sits down properly and thinks twice about Jae kyung’s offer. He chose to follow Jae Kyung and expresses his feelings today.

When he reached her as he run towards her, he asked “Am I too late to change my mind?”

Jae kyung smiles at him when Woobin changes his mind that easily.

 

“No not at all. You’re too early than I expected. I thought I can’t convince you that well that you’ll just go to Yi Jung even he’s busy preparing his wedding.”

“By the way, happy Valentine’s day.”

She smiles, “I’m celebrating my own heart…”

When Woobin starts talking, Jae kyung put her attention to him to understand the situation that he is referring to. Then she managed to give him a little bit advices and talks about what a woman’s thinking.

 

 

 

 

At Japan:

 Mr. Wong gave the files to Jung Min while heading to chairman’s office but they move on to their own ways as they reach the door. Jung min knocks on the door and opens it. Jihoo is busy talking to some head department when he came inside and bow to him respectfully.

“Thank you, you all may leave now.” Jihoo said to them after he saw him.

 

They bow their head and walk off the office and Jung min put the files and documents on his desk as he went to his side.

 

“We’ve got good feedback sir in the Philippines, China and here in Japan, I hope that this success continue up to Los Angeles.”

 

“To all people, Mr. Wong knows it all and he did not even give me a single worried eye that time Mr. Park.”

 

“Yes, Chairman and I know we can surpass this because of you. It’s a pleasure that I served you, sir.”

 

“It’s a pleasure to work with all of you too. But we still didn’t know whose behind of delaying the project and where the funds went on.”

 

 “We’re working on it right now and I think Master Kyu can lead us to them…”

 

“I see. About Saengie, is he doing well?” ask Jihoo.

 

“Yes, he is. Ah… Sir, sorry for advising you in the middle of our work but… you must take care of yourself.”

 

“You know me well. I can’t sleep long enough to have a break because of other’s mess. ” He answered with a smile.

“You’re a good man, Chairman. But…don’t take deep down of yourself here sire, it—“

“Really? It seems that I become a good man ha! Being fine man is too hard; help me find some valentine present for my cousins.”

 

“Sir?”

 

He just smiles and continues reading the files.

 

“I see…” said Jung Min. he did even bother to ask it because Christmas has already passed.

Jihoo sighs, “If there’s nothing more to report then you may go.” He says these words to end the topic.

 

“Sir, there’s another thing.” Jung min added.

 

“Yes, what is it?” still browsing.

 

“Gu Jun hee-ssi sent a person last time to plead your presence at Seoul for the second time… but… this time, she went here personally and wants to meet you.”

 

“Business?”

 

“Personal, sir.”

 

“Let see.” Then he continues signing some files.

 

“She also knew that you will ignore her so she wants me to r-relay this to you.”

 

 Jihoo look to him and wait him to speak.

 

“I just r-rephrasing it, sir…”

 

“Go on.”

 

==FLASHBACK==

 “What can I do for you ma’am?” asks JungMin to a girl waiting for jihoo

 

“Who are you?” she asked to Jung min.

 

“I’m Mr. Park, personal assistant of Master Chairman Yoon.”

 

“I want to talk to Jihoo-ah, your young chairman… neh, where is he now?” trying to barge in to the office.

 

“Well… My lady, I can’t let you in without an appointment.”

 

“You really DON’T know me, do you? I travelled too far just to see him and now, I am stuck here asking a representative.”

 

“Sorry Miss but---“

 

“Tell him that Gu Jun hee is here. Gu Jun Pyo wants to talk to him.”

 

“Still, My Lady… the chairman does not want to disturb unless it is strictly business matter.”

“What the—“she look at him in fury eyes. “Do you think I don’t know what am I talking, ha?

 

 “ I’m just doing my job.”

 

“Where is he??”

 

“He is still in a Business trip at Saga and Mr. Kim is with him.”

“How can a personal assistant leave behind by his master if you really his PERSONAL ASSISTANT?”

 

“If you really know Master Yoon, y-you know the a-answer.”

 

Jun Hee move closer to Jung min and said, “You have to relay what happen here and you’ll be dead if you don’t, Understood? Tell your SO-CALLED-master that I need him in Korea as soon as possible or else… I’ll hunt him down. BOTH OF YOU! Arraso?”

 

Jungmin were coughing like he still feels  the scenario.

“That’s what happened earlier when you were out with Kyu Jong.”

“You really had hard time to face with her?” Jihoo says blankly.

Jung min wipes his sweat and smirks. “Thought so…” and then he smiles.

“I think it is very serious that she herself went here just to get me. She’s not the noona I know.”

“So, what are you planning now Chairman?” ask Mr. Wong.

“Let see.” Then he go back reading the files that Mr. Wong submitted to him but his mind is on Jun hee who drop by to talk to him.

 “Call Kyu jong for me...”

“Yes, Hoejangnim.” Jung min bowed for a bid farewell and went out to his office.

 “Seou...l” he says softly as he held his hand near to his heart and then continue scanning the documents.

 

 

 

 

 

At Jun Pyo’s mansion:

His weekly checkup emanates today but this time, Jun Pyo wants to go somewhere—somewhere where he can escape from the truth that he is dealing with a malignant illness.

He is walking at the vendor machine where he remembered the time when his first date with Jan Di and offered a drink. He walks off and went on the ice rink where Jan Di and he played skating. He then go at Times Square where Jan Di go there to meet him after her graduation ball night, he remember that he asked her to marry him.

 

 

“It’s been six years when I first asked her to marry me… but…a year ago I asked her again but I did not got her answer.” he held his hand up to his chest, “I know she’s waiting for me to ask her again but I think, It won’t happen anymore. It will be just a dream… for me. Yes, without a heart donor, that is just a DREAM…”

 

Some tears drawn down to his cheek as Jun Pyo recall that he still does not have a match for his heart.

“If ever I can’t find a match for me… I need Jihoo to look Jan Di for me. Where is he now that I needed him most?” Jun Pyo wipes his tear and fixes his coat before he leaves the bench. And when his ready to walk back to his car, he felt his heart aching and accidentally bump to a man. He immediately says sorry without looking and walks off to go to his car.

 

“Darn you, Jihoo… where are you?” his hand is still on his chest, trying to lessen the aching. He bends over the wheel and wrap his hand in his chest.

“aagghhhh…”

 

 

 

 Yi Jung Ga Eul were talking seriously.

 

Yijung says, “Let’s postpone this.” Referring to their wedding event.

Ga Eul becomes worried, “Waeyo? You don’t want to continue?”

Yijung tries to smile, “I don’t wanna loose someone like you… you’re like a bouquet of flowers that made my day cheerful.”

The she pouts, “Don’t dare to look for a spare or else.. Jandi will kill you.” Like animating that her hand is like a knife.

He smoothly halt her hand and sweetly place near to his face, “I cannot be wasted like that.” He smiled and kissed her hand.

“Better be because you knew Jandi at all.” Still cheerfully joking.

He held down her hand but still fastening with his own hand on hers, “I just can’t stand the pain Jun Pyo’s undergo right now and I can’t be happy celebrating my wedding in time like this.”

“I understand, Yi Jung… All of you are very troubled about his condition.”

“Komapta, buin.” then he kisses her hand again.

“And I know one person who’ll be pity to herself if she saw someone wearing a wedding dress in times like this...”

“Guem Jandi?”

“Yes… He asked her already but this brought for it ends.”

“We know how Jandi is strong… the way she wants to but we can still see in her eyes how hurt she is right now.”

“More than all of us… she’s more upset.”

“Let’s go, we still need to meet them to postpone it…”

They continue to walk in an alley where a young man was walking alone and crossed their path. Yi Jung looks at him with curiosity but then distracted by Ga Eul’s call. The other guy glances at them also and continue walking.

 

 

 

 

Next day at Japan:

 

 

Jihoo was on his way to meet some clients when he felt the pain in his head. Migraine is attacking him and he almost hit the other car in front of him as the signal of stoplight’s turn to STOP. He yields a long shriek of pain as it like breaking his head apart when he parks his car near Main Street at Japan.  He dialed his phone and a woman speaks. He still in pain but he tries so hard to relay his word to her.

“H-Hani-ya..aagghh..L-listen… call Jungmin-ssi to send Kyu Jong as my behalf…”

“Jihoo-ah! Where are you so I can go there?” her voice shows worries; she already notice his voice.

“Gwenchana… just contact him. I’m at…” Still trying to express he is alright but he burst an angst that made Hani run out to her house to look for a cab. The phone still hangs in his hand but he already lost his conscious as Hani speaks to him. Hani is becomes more nervous that Jihoo did not response as she continually speak so she hang her phone and calls Jungmin as Jihoo asks but he did not tell about JIhoo’s condition.

When she arrives at the intersection, she asks the taxi man to park on the other side. She looks at every car she saw at the parking way but any of them was not Jihoo’s car. She tries to connect to a phone tracker to find him as fast as she could while wandering every car she sees. At last the trackers send a map destination where he is and proceed to Main Street. When she arrives there, she already notices the inappropriate car’s park and rush to clarify that it was his car. The window was tinted that she needs to lean towards the window to figure out what’s inside and a man passes by, glancing at her. He set a distance and stops to observe Hani.

Oh-hani can now see Jihoo and gasps as she see him lying on the two front car’s seat; his hand clench on his head signed that he was struggled in pain and the other hand was holding his phone. She thinks carefully as she walks back and forth and run to the nearest pharmacy for his medicine and when she’s back, Hani tried the entire car’s door to open and only the driver’s door opens. She sighs in relief but sarcastically smile.

 

“Now I have the medicine but I can’t drive for him. What a pity!” she bangs backs the door and lean again on it to think. She observes the surrounding and she got the chance to see the guy whom watching him that is now walking away. She got an idea and run towards him. She almost caught his hand but he held his hand high.

 

“Sumimasen…” she still gasping some air. “Sumimasen…”

 

“If you’re going to asks if I’m going to report the robbery you made—”

 

“I’m not a burglar or whatever you are thinking now!”

 

“Then why are you chasing me?”

 

“Because…” still catching her breathes, “I think I can TRUST you.”

 

The guy is in confusing stage. How this girl trust a man who just met eye to eye and acting like a thief.

 

“Are you drunk? Or this is how you save yourself from prison? You’re pushing me to cry some help to a cop?!”

 

“Sir…  I am the one who need a cry not you and I do not want to make this thing big. I’m asking you in this way so it can be discreet as I want… even my friend want it. E-even he looks so mess right now.”

 

“What are you hooking right now?”

 

“My friend is inside the car… and… and HAiisshhh! Look! I can’t be a thief! Because… because I can’t drive! Aigoo!”

 

“You run on me to ask me to drive you? Now that a new tactics of a thief… making an on-the-spot-accomplice? Leave me alone or I’ll make a call!”

 

“Please STOP! Ha! How can I get even a little trust on YOU?? HOW? Haish! I think we’re the same racist because you’re Korean.”

 

“You’re Korean?”


“Absolutely YES! Mind me helping now??”

 

“A Korean Thief?”


“Com’on! Give me a break! Just look on his phone that I am the one who called him for help. I’m Oh-Hani… Jung Oh-Hani, daughter of Jung Jae-shin.”

 

“Yeah right. I’m Jung Jae-shin owner of the Tvn. Now you’re using another name.”

 

"I know what my father face so please put your guards down and help me!! No time to loose!"

 

The guy proceeds to help him and while walking near to the car, Hani’s phone rings. He heard her answered it.

 

“Kyu jong-ssi… Aniyo… I just relayed the message. Yes... No! I’m not with him! Just...  Do whatever he said… sorry to hear that but I think he trust you that much and sent you as his behalf… They are important and you are important… Kim Kyu Jong! Yes I call your name like that! You can do it… No nothing happen, he just call me to call you,  to attend it. Bye!” she hangs up the phone and murmur to herself, “This is what I get…barking by that monster…  saving another life.”

 

When they were there, the guy automatically open the driver’s door and place Jihoo at the back seat to have his body a fully rest. He opens the other door and Hani went in. they buckle up and starts the engine.

 

“Now I’m thinking you’re the thief.”

 

“Am I?” the guy asks as he smiles, “Are we going to the hospital—“

 

“No! No! Not in the hospital…”

 

“But you said, that guy is in pain. Why we should not send him to the hospital?”

 

“I… I already had his medicine and he don’t want to… I don’t want my friend see him like this in public.”

 

“I see. So where his house so—“

 

“No! Not there too… I mean…”

 

“Now I know… you are a kidnapper.”

 

“Haiisshh! I am not the bad guy you were thinking~ I’m just helping. In our house… that’s the safest place for him.”

 

“Alright. Just tell me the direction.”

 

So then they proceed to their way to Hani’s house. When they arrived, they park on the other side, in front of her house. Hani goes out in the car to get something inside the house.

 

“She really lives here.” He murmurs.

 

When she is back, she is carrying a medical kit and went to Jihoo’s side.

 

“Are you a doctor or a nurse?”

 

“I’m his personal nurse. He’s a doctor… somehow.” She smiled. “Mind me asking you to pull his shoes off his feet?”

 

“Arraso.” He then pulled Jihoo’s feet to take off his shoes.

 

Hani is giving him two shots of medicine thru injection and gets his temperature.

 

“36.8…  good…good… thank God he’s alright.” She seat back and release her tension. She then thanks the guy who helps her and gives a check.

She rest her back for a while to stares at the windshield then back to the rear mirror where the man's face can see.

'His face looks familiar.' Ha-ni thought.

The rain pour down and they remain silence about a minute.

Hani opens her bag and gives a white envelope to the person who helps them.

 

“I don’t know how I repay you for helping me here. I know its a little incentive but certainly—”

 

“I’m not helping you to receive a reward. Just keep it.”

 

“In what way I can repay your kindness, sire?"

 

"I'm searching for someone." he answers timidly

"May I know who he is so I can help you?”

 

“Well… this guy is really hard to find but I can handle it. By the way, where is he working?” he’s talking about Jihoo.

 

“He is an employee at KCCJ Convention. Why did you ask?” she lied a little bit to secure Jihoo's identity.


“I might see the guy I’m looking if I know where he works.” The guy answers back.

 

“Are you somehow related to KCCJ activities?”

 

“Somehow… like that.” "Aish... Why now?" he mumbles as the rain pours heavier.

 

"You can use these." giving the umbrella store inside Jihoo's car. "You need it, right?"

 

"Ne, Kansahamnnida." he open the door to step out to the car.

 

“May I know your name or even the person you are searching?” she leans  forward to hear his answer as the guy went out.

 

“Nam Gil. Alright I hope we’ll see each other again. Take good care of him.” He lean back and then closing the door out.

'Atlast... I can see my sons.' he thought.

 

 He stood there in silence for a while and then continue walking.

 

 

“Nam Gil?” she mumbles and went out and asks him again in loud voice, “Ahjjushi! Is that your name or the person you are searching? Ahjusshi!” but the guy did not look back and continue walking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Kim Kyu Jong was still dealing with the clients but they were insisting the chairman to talk to them rather than a representative. He convinces them that he can do better to represent their company and he is surely that they treat all the clients like family. They were amuses by his words and ask him to continue their dealing tomorrow because it is already late. They then bow for respect and went off. Still in stiff bow, Kyu jong release his anger to the wall by means of punching it.

 

“Where the hell you are, Jihoo?” he straights back and call Shinbo, “Let’s go. This is so bothersome.” He tries to call Jihoo but the phone is off; he also called Jungmin but he did not answers; he then call Oh-Hani and she answers it.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Hani-ya… where is he?”

 

“Ahhh… Kyu Jong-ssi, who?”

 

“Do not lie. You know where he is.”

 

“Try to go home first. You’re not in mood to talk—”

 

“You don’t have the right to tell whether I’m in good or not. Tell me where he is!”

 

“Mianhaedda but I can’t talk to you in this way.” Then she cuts the call.

 

“Aishh!” he outs a tantrum and throw his phone outside the window. Shinbo was shock that he immediately stops and go down the car to get his phone.

 

“Waeyo? Waeyo?” he asks

 

“Are you going to nag me like others?” he smirks.

 

“Aniyo. You shouldn’t throw some tantrums like that.  He did not feel nor see it, it’s just useless.” Holding his phone and gives to him.

 

“What do you mean?” he gets his phone to Shinbo.

 

“Kick his under his pant.” He says while getting ready to starts the car.

 

“What’s the point?”

 

“If you really mad at him, hit him where he’s got to be hurt so much.”

 

“I know that… the company. But I can’t find a way to kick him off to his own company.”

 

“Is that so?”

 

“I’m just pulling the bushes… but actually, I let some young sprouts to be live in the yard.”

 

“So you’re happy seeing him worrying who’s the culprit?”

 

“Who said I’ll be on his side? I am here for my own reason; he just gave me a stepping stone to move up where I can slay him directly. But then, I don’t want his life as exchange… I want him alive seeing suffered from poverty. I’m secretly grateful to whoever they may be giving him a hard time looking for them.” he just smiled, devilish smile.

 

“Now, we’re talking.” He just smiled back and continues driving.

 

Shinbo wins Kyu jong’s sympathy and offer his help for ousting the young chairman. He said he had a better plan where he can win this battle but for now, win the hearts of important clients.

 

“Even you did not mention… I will do it for my own sake. That’s my plan to win over him this way.”

 

“Get the highest position he ever offer for you.”

 

“Certainly.”

 

“Can I ask something, sajangnim?”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Why are you so mad at him? Did he do something to you in the past year?”

 

“Somehow like that… I will get everything he have that I didn’t have.”

 

“What motive do you have that you push yourself to be here? What relation do you have with him?”

 

“You will know but not now.”

 

And that night, in that very night, two accomplices flash a devilish smile for their upcoming maneuver for the chairman.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At Hani’s house, Yoon Jihoo was standing in front of family Jung where Jae-shin, father of Oh-hani were stun and holding his wife’s hand firmly that he cannot believes what he heard from this guy.

 

“Are you sure, Chairman Yoon?” he addresses him respectfully as he given him to rethink again on what he said.

 

“It’s fine for me but if you don’t, I consider it.”

 

“But sire, I already mention to you that Kyu Jong-ssi was butting some butter that time… I mean he’s joking around about selling you in abiding the contract.” still in a respectful tone while saying those words.

 

“I’m aware.”

 

“Are you?” Even Hani is surprise.

 

“Yes.” A short answers for confirmation. “If you don’t mind…well, can I… stay tonight?"

 

“Well if you insist, young man. I am glad you’ll be our guest for five days or less.”

 

Finally, Jae-shin’s wife speaks. Actually, when he heard Jihoo will complying on the deceived plan of them she actually agreed but his husband stops her to do so.

 

“Our house is open for a handsome guest like you, sire.” She continues with respect but in a suiting voice.

 

“Omma, you really can’t hide your happiness.” Hani smiles at her.

 

“Well… just like my wife said. If you insist, there’s no problem anymore young lad.  You may accommodate the master’s bedroom and we’ll just stay at Hani’s room. The other room was occupied by some unsorted things of us.”

“If may I request… I would like to stay at her room… with her.”

 

“Yoon Ji hoo-sama!” Jae-shins raise his voice in anger.

 

“Oemma, appah,” looking at them and then to Jihoo, “I am responsible for him. I’m his personal nurse now. He hired me and I need to take care of him.”

 

“Do you have any relationship to think of that??”

 

“No—strictly business.” Jihoo answers.

 

“Even a personal nurse cannot sleep with his CLIENT!”

 

“Aniyo. I told you I am his personal nurse… and I’m just looking at him as… deongsaeng.”

 

“I was glad that we can see Seung jo through him but they are mostly unlike in behavior.”

 

“You are not treating me as good as Seung Jo, appa.”

 

“This is not the right to rebel—”

 

“I never think of rebelling. It's the way I think.”

 

“You young man, GET out!” Jae-shin screech.

 

Jihoo bows and tend to go out but Jae-shin’s wife clench on his sleeve.

 

“You’ll be responsible to your action whatever happens, Jihoo.” Now her tones like giving a warning.

 

“But ajjuma, ajjushi won’t like this. I’ll be off now.”

 

“No stay. I’m sorry Hani-ya if we’re not treating you right after Seung jo’s accident but this not the time to open this kind of conversation.”

 

Jae-shin is still silent and in stern look.

 

“Give me a valid reason, Chairman Yoon why you’d like our daughter be with you?”

 

 “I can’t sleep. That’s why I want her in my room where I’ll stay.”

 

“Is this how you fire back at that joke?”

 

“No, I’m asking for permission… a complete permission of both of you.”

 

“Appaji, migraine is attacking him frequently and his assistant is not around to help him.”

 

“Why don’t you go to a hospital?”

 

“Are you going to let him in or out?” Hani smiles.

 

“You’ll be responsible to your action young man.” He pats his shoulder, “Can you use some old clothes of our son?”

 

“Everything will be fine for me, ajjuma.”

 

“Suit yourself. Follow me.” Jae-shins answers. He led him to Hani’s room where it seems a girlish room.

 

“My wife fix this especially for her, I hope you’ll not intimidated by the designs for the next few days of staying here.”

 

He just looked around and sits at the bed side, “Not bad for a girl’s room.”

 

His wife came with some clothes on her hand, “I hope those would fit to you.”

 

“Kansahamnnida, ajjuma.” He smiles.

 

“I am pleased that you talk to us in hanggul than Nihonggo.” Mrs. Jung smiles “If you need something just ask Hani. See you around.”

 

“Excuse me…” he scratch his head and the couple look at him. “May you treat me just like a… normal one.” The two just smile back and said that certainly they will.