SPECIAL CHAPTER: Jung Oh-Hani's heartache

Boys over Flower II: Eternal Love

It was already past midnight but Kyu jong stills awake, waiting to snub Jihoo about his interchange abrupt business with the client. He already pays a call to Park Jung min but he was out of the country and Mr. Wong does not know where he is.

 

“That rascal really hides. I’ll get you tomorrow.” Then he closes the light and sleeps to the couch.

And also that night, Jihoo is hovering a long shriek of pain. Hani already gave him some shots of pain killer but his body already immune and cannot manipulate the agony in instance. He was almost crying in pain and use his bare hands to wrapped on his body—chilled.  Hani who still tries to calm him down, injects him another pain killer but this time, higher dosage than the regular shot.

 

It was four in the morning when his body react to the dosage and stops in chilling ; he already lay down in normal position but his eyes, even it was half close, some tears drown  unto his cheeks.

 

“I thought your body won’t take it,” she sighs as she hold his hand firmly, “Be strong, deongsaeng… if you didn’t skip the medication, there’s still hope that you will survive the critical stage of migraine. I know you half hear me but please fight for your life.” She becomes teary eyes as she remembered his dying brother on her side.

 

 

 

==FLASHBACK==

 

“Noona… fight for your life. Don’t give up ha?” Seung jo says as he is chilling in the hospital bed.

“Seung jo-ah, are you saying this words for you?” she asks in teary eyes, holding his hand firmly.

He just nods.

“You’re noona will fight till the end with you so do not leave me. Hold on, deongsaeng!”

As they were going to do their fighting signs, his heart beat stops and his hand falls as his eyes close slowly. Seung jo flashes a sweet smile to her.

 

 

==PRESENT==

She sat near to jihoo and give thanks to God that he did not forget to give Jihoo’s another life. She releases another long sigh and went out for water that she did not notice her parent was seating on the couch. His father note a small cough to caught her attention.

“Appah…” she smiles as she recognizes him. “Mianhae, it’s for this day only… he’ll not release that pain next time.”

“Since when you knew he was like that?”

“He is suffering from migraine about half a year. He’s gotten better before but some instances occur to him that makes it comeback.”

“Are you alright now? Take some rest and we’ll take care of him.”

“Aniyo.. He don’t want anybody except the one he chose to see him.”

“You can see Seung Jo on him not because he looks like him it’s because you don’t want to see him dying in your hands again, right?” her mother confirming.

She smile back, “Aniyo. He was just a patient to take care.”

“But you are taking care of him that much that you don’t want to happen again.” Says his father.

 

“I’m just doing my job and he’s not a dying patient.” She takes a deep breath, “Alright, I need to go back now, he was just half asleep.”

 

“Don’t let him die... again.” Said Jae-shin. He likely compared about Jihoo’s presence health to Seung Jo and reminding Hani about her brother’s accident.

 

She pauses for a while and then takes the stairs and went on to Jihoo. As Oh-Hani close the door, tears are rolling down to her cheek but Jihoo interrupt her.

 

“Never cry again in front of me.” He said coldly.

 

She sniff, “Waeyo? When was the first? You don’t have the right to ask me like—“

 

“I order you not to cry in front of me… but tell me, why did you cry?”

 

She smiles as he tries to be cold but shows a little concern.

 

“You are really eccentric person; coldly but warm, hard but soft, black but pure and always hid your true feelings. Anyone can really misunderstand you. ” she wipes her tears and sits beside Jihoo.

 

“Why, you don’t understand me? The way others do?” looking afar.

 

“You can’t still feel your body, Hoejangnim?” trying to pinch his arm.

 

“Yes … it’s blank… it’s alright to talk now so I will not react.”

 

“Yiii… even still feeling blank, your words are still sharp as ever.” Hani teases.

 

“Are you going to talk or not?”

 

“What do you want me tell a story so you can sleep?”

 

“Your story.”

 

Silence pass. Jihoo lay down to the bed again.

 

“Are you sure? It’s a bit… boring.” Head down while saying it.

 

“Go on… I like boring story, it makes me sleep.”

 

She breathes deeply before she starts, “Seung Jo is their favorite. He’s good at everything; sharp word like yours, naughty, playful, always wearing a bright smile and a good nurse as he follow my footstep. But three years ago, before I graduated at Med school, something happen.”

 

She open her drawer and bring out a notebook, it’s look like a diary. Her eyes becomes teary again and her voice tremble as she trying to talk firmly.

 

“He’s been gone for medical group mission like the first time we see each other but when the mission was done, he’s still not home. Week passes and my parents were very worried that they contacted the university and went to the missionary group but Seung Jo was nowhere to find. The week becomes month then Seung Jo called us saying he was alright and not be worried.”

 

 Hani’s voice is obviously trembling and cracking as she grasps it.

 

“Mianhae… I’m crying again... Let’s end this for the meantime.” She stood and walks out but Jihoo call her name.

 

“Oh-Hani.”

 

She stops.

 

Jihoo stands up and walks straight to Oh-Hani; he do not know how he will comfort him as Jandi always cried at him.

 

 He sees Jandi at Hani’s presence but in an instance, he reminisce Jandi’s cold treatment when she do not want to cry again to his shoulder. Instead of hugging her, Jihoo hold her shoulder without words. Hani just close her eyes as she felt Jihoo’s hand; she sniffs and continue talking without looking at him.

 

“I was so scared at that time, Jihoo… I found him coughing with blood and almost dying while we were at the mission. He asked me not to tell our parents about his condition and he will fight it until he recovers. He told me the truth behind his absence to us when the time we didn’t see him… he was admitted to the hospital for brain surgery because his tumor was malignant…” she cried more, “The days became months but he became weaker and weaker until… until he died in front of me!” Then Hani hugs him like wanting to comfort her more.

 

Still crying, “He asked me to fight for my life because he knew how much I envy him. Even I’m his noona, I acted like not. He was my strength and happiness but his life end like that in front of me! Without my parents’ knowledge…  My life was shattered and broken once more when aboejji accused me as insolent daughter. Otteoke? What should I do when my brother’s last word was not to tell them what really happen! I let them think that I didn’t help him in a situation where we were involved.”

 

He slowly held up his hand to give him a small hug.

 

“Seung jo don’t want you to suffer like this. He wants you to be free…” he stops for a while and looks at the door blankly, “Now it will completely heal the wound cause by your brother’s last word…”

 

Hani look up at him with curious, “I still didn’t tell them the real reason because they don’t want my words. How…” she then looked at the close door and look up at him again.

 

She walks straight at it and slowly open. Her father stood black, head down and tears are falling.

 

“Aboe..jji.” surprise as she saw him standing in front of their door and at his father side, her mother is crying silently.

 

“Hani-yah…” says her mother then hugs her.

 

“Omeonni…” she then cries as she hug by her father, “Mianhae… Mianhannada for not telling this all for over three years!”

 

Her father goes near to jihoo’s side and bows.

 

“Kansahamnida, Chairman Yoon.” He bows on knees like paying a respects for a king.

 

“Don’t thank me. I don’t want my nurse will cry again in front of me.” He goes back to the bed.

 

Oh-Hani sniff and wipe her tears and smiles, “Hey heojangnim, my father is like bowing to a king why can’t you just accept it?”

 

“A king wouldn’t accept a gratitude on that way.” He fix the blanket and look at her father seriously.

 

“I will honored and grant your request to pay your kindness.” Still in respect position.

 

Silence pass.

 

Jihoo close his eyes.

 

Silence.

 

“You know what I want in return Jung Jae-shin-ssi.” Talking in a lower tone voice. “But aside from that, she’ll come with me at Seoul and will return as I ask.”

 

“I think, that’s what you want, not the other one.” He took it as a joke.

 

“Either way… still the same. Paila, I want some rest.  ” He fix his self to sleep.

 

They all stand and bow.

 

“Gomawo, Jihoo-ah…” she mutters then goes to the doors but she hears Jihoo saying something.

 

“Don’t ever cry again.”

 

She just nod and went out.

 

Jihoo open his eyes again and talking to himself, “I think she doesn’t need me anymore.” referring to Jandi.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if it took so long to update the story.. and also sorry for having a long story in each chapter.

Mianhae!