Epilogue: Part I

CL's Anatomy
"." Chaerin muttered quietly under her breath along with about eight other words that shouldn't be mentioned. She had just woken up, and already she knew something was wrong. 
 
Chaerin could feel it. 
 
Sitting up slowly, Chaerin swung her legs over the side of the bed. Making sure not to wake the sleeping man next to her, the blonde rose almost silently and tip toed to the bathroom and shut the door. Even with the light off, she could still see the outline of herself in the large mirror. Then, as quietly as she could, Chaerin threw up everything she had for dinner the previous night and sighed. She stood groggily, rinsed , and proceeded to the door.
 
Again, without making any noise, Chaerin exited the bathroom, grabbed her wallet, a pair of shorts and some flip flops, and slowly slid out the door of their hotel room. 
 
Finally when she reached the dimly light hallway, Chaerin pulled her shorts up to button them. At that same time, it had just crossed Chaerin's mind that she had forgotten a room key. 
 
"." She said a bit louder than last time. The universe decided to be a to her today. "I'll cross that bridge when I get to get. Life is just going great right now." Looking both ways down the hallways, Chaerin wanted to make sure no one heard the small conversation she had to herself.
 
She pushed herself up off the door, slipped on her flip flops, and moseyed down the carpeted hallway to the elevator. Clicking the button, soft music reminded her that it was probably only three thirty in the morning. And it had been an exhausting day. 
 
 
First, Kwon Ji Yong decided to wake her up at six on the dot to go hiking. 
 
Lee Chaerin didn't hike. 
 
Next, after the wonderful three hour hiking tour, Ji Yong shoved one of those twelve hour energy bars and dragged her to some damn white war rafting ride. 
 
Lee Chaerin didn't do water.
 
The entire time she was out with Ji Yong, there was this nagging feeling filling her up inside that she tried her best to push away now and was now resurfacing. Chaerin at the time wasn't about to categorize that feeling other than off, but now she began to connect the dotes she'd been oblivious to. 
 
Dot #1: Missed period that she hadn't noticed because of all the wedding and honeymoon commotion. 
 
Dot #2: Her skin had started looking a tad different to her in the past couple weeks. 
 
Dot #3: She had thrown up at least four of her evening meals the next morning. 
 
Dot #4: Crab legs. Chaerin had been craving crab legs like crazy. And she usually threw up whenever she had them but now. Ironic? 
 
Dot #5: The usually confidence and iness that she felt had faded. 
 
Connecting these dots, Chaerin thought they made perfect pregnancy pentagon. They all added up to what she prayed wouldn't be what she knew it was. She hoped that it was just too evident to be actually true. 
 
 
You see, back in her days as an intern, Chaerin was sentenced to hell. And in the hospital, hell is OBGYN. Gynecology was know as on of the easier specialities and it was especially resented by those who were in the surgical program. Anyway, when she was sentenced there, Chaerin was out with doctor who was really out there. 
 
Dr. Yoo In-na. 
 
Dr. Yoo was one of those who believed in healing with smiles and laughter(both Chaerin rarely did). And this doctor had the (strange)power to tell women were pregnant just by looking at them. A power that was passed down to Chaerin which she really didn't want. 
 
Especially now.
 
 
When the door finally opened to a desolate lobby, Chaerin looked around and saw no one. 'I guess it is only 3:30." She thought to herself. 
 
Her red flip flops echoed off the stone path that paved the lobby, which was decorated to look like a surfers paradise, as she shuffled out into the warm, wet air. It had been raining, and she alway loved rain. That's why this place felt so relaxing to be here. 
 
And Lee Chaerin didn't relax. Ever. 
 
 
 
There was a small convince store open twenty four hours just down the street from her hotel. From what she saw when they passed by, it looked like it sold mostly Korean products and was owned by Koreans. 
 
"Hello." She said softly when she pushed open the door. The place looked just like a Korean store, and to be honest she was glad to see something that looked familiar.
 
"Oh, hello." The man behind the counter smiled. He looked older than Chaerin, but not much taller, maybe only a couple of centimeters. "May I help you?" His voice was like one of their voices that always sounded like it was trying to seduce you with intending to.
 
"Ah, I'm fine thanks. I'm just here to get one quick thing." Walking further into the store, she noticed a dirty blonde. She definitely looked old than Chaerin, but the girl reminded her of herself.
 
"Hey, Jay, throw me another bottle." The girl glared over at the guy behind the counter before lowering her face back to the phone.
 
"Jessi, calm down. We have a costumer." The guy supposedly named Jay smiled sweetly at Chaerin, who was half franticly searching the aisles for what she needed. 
 
"Don't you have any damn pregnancy tests?!" She said a little too loud. This made the blonde, apparently named Jessi, immediately put the phone down and look in her direction. Chaerin felt her face turn a light shade of pink, then she turned away. 
 
"Now don't be embarrassed. We've seen worse." Jessi slid herself over the counter shed previously been sitting on and sauntered over Chaerin. "You seem nice, so I'll go easy on you. I'll guess that you're a stay at home girlfriend who hates kids bit secretly wants one of your own and you're currently on your honeymoon."
 
"You couldn't be further from the truth." Reluctant add a curse at the end of that, Chaerin rolled her eyes and continued to search. "I'm a doctor. Always hated kids, always will. But I am on a honeymoon I don't want to be on. Ah-ha! Finally." She plucked a lavender colored box off the shelf and ran to the register. "Is she always this," Chaerin leaned closer to the cashier, "how do I say this...cocky? Or thinking she's omniscient?" 
 
"You have no idea." 
 
"And do you have a bathroom? I forget the key to my room in my room and I don't want to wake my boyfri- I mean husband up." 
 
Husband.
 
A word that felt so foreign on her tongue that it repulsed her. More over she just thought the word was repulsive and carried bad connotations. 
 
"Back there." He pointed down the hallway on the right. 
 
"Thank you." Taking the box, the girl hurried off towards that direction. 
 
 
 
 
He awoke to the sun shining down on his eyes, blinding him. Even though his eyes were only open a mere few minutes, Ji Yong knew something was wrong. Not wrong, missing. 
 
Chaerin was missing. 
 
Shooting up out of the unmade bed, he immediately ran to the door. Once he opened it, Ji Yong jumped up and Chaein slumped to the floor. 
 
"Chae, what the hell are you doing?" Taking her in his arms like a little child, he shut the door and laid her down in bed to start kissing her. 
 
"Get off me! Get the hell of me." Throwing something down to the ground, Chaerin flopped over and yelled into the pillow. " boys and they're stupid boy parts for doing this thing to me!" 
 
As the ranting went on, Kwon Ji Yong knelt down and picked up the white stick. 
 
And in the middle of the white stick was a tiny, little pink plus. 
 
"Are you, are you pregnant? And please say it's mine." Ji Yong felt his heart rate increase, crawling over the bed and pulling himself onto it. He placed himself so that his face was right next to her face. 
 
"Why did you do this to me? I hate children and I never wanted them." Was all she simply said before going and puking again.