Chapter: II

CL's Anatomy

"I thought you'd save your first kiss for me?" Whimpered a man's baritone voice. The owner of the voice sat up up in his chair, a look of hysteria painted across his handsome face. 

"Poor little Seung Hyun didn't get my kiss. Aside from that, you're getting moved to the psychiatric floor. You're heart is fine now since your surgery was a success." Chaerin smirked, her tone not even giving out the slightest sympathy. Perched on the edge of her chair, Chaerin didn't look up from the chess board when she answered back. 

Seung Hyun's eyes widened and he gasped loudly, "CL! How could you abandon me like that?!" His outbreak attracted the attention of others around them, leading to Seung Hyun to focus all of his attention to their game.

"It's hospital policy, nothing I can do about it." Chaerin moved her bishop to capture the man's queen whilst he just kept his brown eyes glued to the game board. "I know you have a tendency to become embroiled in fights when I'm not here, and I'll probably regret this later, but I'm leaving Korea." Seung Hyun continued to focus all of his attention to the chess game, almost ignoring her words. But after two minutes had passed and finally the words set in his mind. 

"You're, you're what? !" Seung Hyun's jaw tighten quickly, straighten myself upright, the man flipped the chess board off the table. Pieces of each kind sparged around the floor below and at that time Chaerin rolled her eyes along with shaking her head. 

"Choi Seung Hyun. You've possess quite a nasty temper. If you ask me you're petulance, like a little child." Dr. Lee knelt down to gathering the fallen chess pieces. Like she could read his mind, Chaerin reposed with an explanation for departing, "I got a job offer from a hospital in America. I need to go."

"When," Seung Hyun eyes glistening ever so slightly with tears that refused to fall, his voice frail and muted, "are you leaving me." His voice became extremely faint when he said 'me'. 

"Tonight. That's why I tried to be so asunder from you. You're always isolated when I'm not near you, you never try to make friends." Collecting the last piece, Chaerin set them next to the black and red board. "Would you like to..." The honey blonde didn't even have to finish her question before the muddled boy nodded and followed. 

Back when Chaerin enjoyed her languorous days as an intern here, she'd come her after ever surgery while the high speed rush of adrenaline surged through her every vein. Surgery always gave her rush back in her medical infancy. But now the feeling was completely different. Surgery made her feel like a queen on top of world, with everyone staring at her in awe. She loved that feeling more that the adrenaline. Some might say she's selfish for only thinking of herself and not the patient on the table, but Chaerin really didn't give a . 

Chaerin hadn't been to the spot in months, neither had Seung Hyun. Their secret location was in the basement of Daeyoung Hospital. It was the place where all the vents to every room in the whole hospital met. 

Entering silently, the pair walked over to a huge grate and stood over it. Seung Hyun took Chaerin in his arms and pulled her against his broad chest. Chaerin hated psychical contact of any sorts, but there was absolutely no way she'd ever push Seung Hyun away. During their embrace, air shot up from the grate and made them seem like they were floating. They'd had this feeling before, but know in the state each person was in, it was needed more than ever. 

Lee Chaerin has only shed tears twice in her life. 

The first the was when her best friend was diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder along with a heart condition. 

The second was now. 

Choi Seung Hyun had been her best and only friends since middle school. He had always been there for her. When her parents kicked her out for wanting to be a surgeon and not a simple housewife. When her younger sister died from drowning.

He was always there. 

And now Lee Chaerin felt like she was betraying him. The boy that had picked her back up when she fell and dusted her off all those times was now given a one day notice that his other half was leaving so impetuously. Tears started streaming down both of their cheeks, and yet they remained completely soundless, only the noise of the air soaring up filled the empty void. Chaerin was half a foot shorter than Seung Hyun, and that was one of the things he loved about hugging her. Chaerin on the other hand always noticed that Seung Hyun's body temperature seemed warmer than her porcelain skin. 

"Don't go." The man was the first to shattered the sad silence. Seung Hyun wasn't even sure why he spoke, for he knew that he could never stop her. Chaerin muffled something into Seung Hyun's tear stained shirt, but it uncertain what she exactly said. "Come on. My nurses will get suspicious if I'm not there." 

As the two walked into the stairwell, they met someone neither Seung Hyun nor Chaerin wanted to see.

"Well well. Is Dr. Lee Chaerin finally getting around, but to a patient? I'm disappointed in you." Dr. Kwon Ji Yong scoffed, lacing each word with poison. When those words reached his ears, it set him off.

"What did you just say to my CL?" Seung Hyun put Chaerin behind him and approached Ji Yong. "Take it back. Now." 

Ji Yong pushed Seung Hyun, taking a step towards Chaerin, "Tch. It was a joke, calm the down." 

Those words along with the shove ignited the flames of Choi Seung Hyun's fury. He has a terrible temper, but never has he wanted to punch out a man so much. Instantly after the comment, Seung Hyun grabbed Ji Yong by the collar of his shirt and started punching him with all of his strength. Chaerin stood back, for she was cognizant in this situations. In the past years when Seung Hyun got himself involved in a fight, she'd try to stop him. Many times she got hurt or she just enraged the boy even more. 

Despite Seung Hyun only throwing two punches, Ji Yong already obtained a black eye, bloody nose, a cut in his upper cheek, and a finally cut on his lip. Chaerin had always noticed that her best friend had unusually large hands, and had come to the conclusion that they could induce a lot of pain and damage.

"Seung Hyun. I have to get going, there are still things I need to get before I go." Her voice was dull and emotionless, which was the way she usually was. Shaking his head, Seung Hyun finally came to his senses, set the man down, and walked away with his arm around Chaerin. 

Getting back to the hallway, Seung Hyun spoke up, "What a douche. How could anyone work with a guy who is that big of an ?!" 

"Because he's talented. His ego goes along with a skill." Chaerin responded almost instantly. 

Once back in his room, Chaerin looked at the clock and realized she had to get home and then the airport. Seung Hyun held her tight, whispering things in her ear about how much he'd miss her and how she better call. Waving goodbye to her best friend, Chaerin walked down the brightly colored hallway for the last time. No one ever looked in her directions, for everyone feared her. 


Dr. Lee Chaerin stepped outside the doors of Daeyoung Hospital and began walking towards her car, never looking back. Chaerin was rather blithe that she could finally escape her own hell, start fresh. 

Chaerin had the red eye, so now she sat driving alone on a desolate highway to the airport. She kept in driving until she stopped at the light, then accelerated when the light was green. 

Out of nowhere, a car came speeding down the road. 

The car ran the red light. 

Chaerin had always been careful not to injure her hand, and she never once even accidentally shut a door on her hand. That hand was her life, her career. Without her surgical hand, she was nothing. 

So there she lay, her hand crushed under the tire and weight of her car. Chaerin was certain she couldn't move it, but with her other hand, Chaerin grabbed her phone and dialed 119. While she waited, she was completely calm and in no pain, the reason for this because her body was in shock. 

"Hello? Is this the emergency room at Daeyoung Hospital? I'm Lee Chaerin, and I need an ambulance. The accident is located on the corner of Jinryu Street and TaeYun Avenue. Thank you."