Chapter: XVII

CL's Anatomy

"I heard their was a huge car accident, that means the pit will be filled!"

"Woah, is it really true? I hope there's lots of carnage."

"Excuse me! I'm late for surgery."


Chaerin stood outside the hospital, watching, waiting.

As she stood, which some people would classify as passive aggressively, almost everyone who passed her by gave her an uncomfortable stare. Nobody even bothered to say "hi" to her or give her simple smile.

"Guess I'm still hated" she commented quietly to herself.

"Hey, come on, don't day that. You can do it." Whispered a familiar voice. "No one is rushing you back to surgery. Take all the time you need."

"Shut up. I just need a few more minutes, then I'll go in." Pushing Ji Yong aside, Chaerin stood firmly, eyes not even bothering to look at him.

"Alright, alright. I've got surgery in ten minutes, meet me for lunch later. Love you." Kissing her cheek, the surgeon walked briskly into the hospital. Ji Yong was slightly worried about Chaerin, but knew that she needed to figure it out for herself.

Watching the man walk briskly into the hospital, she breathed slowly and took a baby step toward the door.

"Alright. Only a few more steps, I can do it. Just breath." Thinking to herself, Chaerin watched people flood in through the automatic doors. While watching the doors open and close, she closed her eyes and pulled a memory from the back of her mind.

 

______________________________________

 

"Chaerin! Please don't leave. I'm going to miss you so much."

Chaerin stood in the arms of her best friend, trying to get him to release her from his grip.

"Seung Hyun I'll be fine. Please let me go, I can't miss my flight." Chaerin pulled away, but Seung Hyun wouldn't let go.

"Can't you leave tomorrow? Just so you can stay the night? Please?" Chaerin really wanted to, but she couldn't, it'd hurt too much.

"No. I'm sorry Seung Hyun. But I really have to go. I'm leaving and never looking back, and absolutely never coming back and I'm not going to miss a single soul. So, goodbye Seung Hyun." Forcefully tearing herself out of his grip, Chaerin knew by saying that she just tore out a part of his heart that'd she take with her and hold forever. Never to return it to him again.

 

______________________________________


Looking up from her crystal clear memory, she sighed(which she seemed to be doing a lot today) and kept a strong glare on the building. She glared at it almost as if she had a score to settle. While in the midst of her showdown, the day began to turn subfuscous, and soon just down right depressing. Dark, grey clouds hung low to ground, hinted that rain was soon to come. And even with the sky's warning sign, Chaerin stood firm in her place with her grip tightening around the bright red bag that lie precociously on her left shoulder. In an instant, rain droplets began to fall. The rain started off as only a few droplets, only to turn into an all out torrential downpour. The skies had turned almost fully black, not giving way to even a mere ray of sunlight.

It was the sky had lost their lover so suddenly, like they were suffocating without them. Like they were now crying all the tears they held within themselves. In an odd way, the way the skies cried like this reminded her of Seung Hyun. That person had got her to thinking of his well being, and what he was even doing.

Chaerin sighed, then dug her hand in her bag, and began to search. After a few moments, Chaerin finally fished out a small piece of red paper with a location and number scribbled on it. Placing her hand in her purse again, Chaerin this time pulled out something immediately. Clicking it, Chaerin typed her password in and proceeded to her calling application.

"Seung Hyun. It's raining."

"Yes, I can see that."

"It's cold."

"I'm guessing it is if you're outside."

"Well, bye Seung Hyun."

"Bye Chaerin."

Throwing her phone back in her purse, Chaerin lifted her foot to take a step, but she stopped abruptly and returned to her standing statue position. She would move, but she couldn't. There were too many horrible things that happened there, too many bad memories she'd like to white out.

And another reason was because the freezing rain had soaked her through down her bra and .

 

Back inside the hospital, Kwon Ji Yong had just finished brain surgery and was heading down to the cafeteria for a very important lunch with a very very important girl.

Ji Yong entered briskly into the large cafeteria, and scanned the crowd for his love. Usually the lunch room was much brighter and happier, but the weather displayed outside but by the huge glass windows caused the room to look dark and somber. He didn't know that the light of the sun had evanesced like this while he was in the OR, and frankly, it shocked him. Focusing himself on his mission to find Chaerin, Ji Yong began to search again. There were very few blondes in the hospital, and he knew Chaerin's blonde hair was very distinct from that of all the other blonde surgeons in the hospital.

"Excuse me, but have you seen Dr. Lee Chaerin around here recently?" As another doctor entered the room, Ji Yong stopped them quite suddenly.

"How the hell should I know? She hasn't been here for months." Snapping back, the doctor smirked up at him.

"Have you seen her? Yes or no?!" Now this little was making him upset. Was it really that ing hard to answer a simple question?

"She's blonde right? Like more of a honey blonde? I think saw her standing outside the hospital this morning. Now please, get the hell out of my way." Pushing him aside, the doctor gave Ji Yong an evil glare before walking away.

Without even thanking the doctor for help, Ji Yong turned in his heel and took off running like a manic. He ran down a flight of stairs adjacent to the main catwalk and out the automatic doors into the darkness outside. The weather outside had stayed the same, but now fog had encased the whole area.

"Chaerin! Where are you?" Ji Yong couldn't see a thing, so his only option was to call out into the thick fog.

"H-here." The girls replied quietly, but just loud enough for someone near her to hear. At the sound of her small reply(what Ji Yong would classify as a whimper), his eyes widened and he started walking slowly forward. Taking a few more steps, Ji Yong quickened his pace and ran towards the girl.

"There you are. Whenever you are lost, I'll always be here to find you." He tightened his grip, and her noticed she was soaked.

"Go inside. You'll get weak. And we can't have a internationally know surgeon who does life saving and outstanding surgeries catch a cold." In an attempt to push him away, Chaerin only ended up getting held tighter.

"I'm already soaked. Come on, let's go home and change." Ji Yong swiped Chaerin off her feet in an instant an started toward his car.

"Hey you idiot, put me down. I have legs and they're clearly not broken." As she protested, Ji Yong just smiled and laughed.

"I know you can walk, but I want to carry you. So shut up and stay still." Kissing her cheek, the blonde began to turn red.

"I hate you so much. You know that, right?"

"Love you too dear."