Chapter: I

CL's Anatomy

"I'm doing the surgery. Now get the OR ready and the patience prepped!" Yelled at voice to the nurses.

"Dr. Lee! This is highly inappropriate and we could solve this problem with a pacemaker." The chief of surgery yelled back. He was a rather young man, but older that Chaerin. His name was Dr. Kim Nam-Kyu and next to him sat the chief of medicine. The chief of medicine was the complete opposite of the chief of surgery. Dr. Byun Hei Ryung was a quiet young woman, letting others speak while she analyzed the situation at hand. 

"We could put a pacemaker inside of the patient, but this girl is young! Why put a pacemaker inside of her when we can use other parts of her own body and a device that's smaller and more convenient than a pacemaker." 

"I see where Dr. Lee is coming from-" Dr. Byun began to state before she was cut off. 

"I don't! Do the surgery as planned or I'll make sure that that's the last surgery you perform!" Dr. Kim roared while running his hands through his dark hair. Dr. Lee Chaerin opened the glass door, smirking, and walked down the bleak hallway to the OR rooms. Her tall red heels clicked against the marble floors, lab coat flowing behind her like some form of a hero's cape. 


"A handful of surgeons here have this foolish meliorism illusion. That when the patient is out of surgery, loved ones can help heal them. Now whoever thinks that shouldn't be allow to call themselves a doctor." Chaerin thought aloud, looking out the huge glass windows of one of the many walkways in the hospital. The one she stood on was rarely used for it was located in the administration portion of the hospital. 

"That's an intriguing notion, in it's own way. What makes you say that?" A sly, mischievous voice questioned from behind. Chaerin kept steady, not looking(or caring) to see who questioned her statement. "I've heard of 'The Evil Queen', but I never imagined her to be so cold hearted or emotionless." 

Chaerin stayed quiet, wondering if that was considered a compliment or an insult. Not like she gave what anyone thought about her anyway. Dr. Lee had a very good understanding that she was highly disliked around the hospital, for many different reasons. That main reason being the jealousy. The skills she possessed were second to none. 

"What's wrong sweetie, cat got your tongue? I would've expected more from the "cardio-god" everyone talks about. I really anticipated more, Miss Lee Chaerin. What a shame." The man spoke, his voice now cocky, so much Chaerin could almost hear the smirk that he had painted across his face. Again Chaerin stayed still, but her jaw tightened. 

'Must be an intern. Better shut his damn mouth or I'll make sure that he doesn't see an OR for a long time.' Chaerin closed her eyes, heel of her shoes, and proceeded to ignore the man while she walked away. Just before the doorway to the stairwell, Chaerin was yanked backwards with tremendous force. 

"Dr. Lee. I feel quite disrespected. Is this any way to treat your seniors? Let alone the head of neurosurgery?" When Chaerin finally saw the doctor's face, she was surprised that it was Dr. Kwon Ji Yong. She had never seen him around the hospital(which was a blessing in itself), and Chaerin had heard many different, mostly bad, things about Dr. Kwon. 

"Let go." Chaerin uttered. The girl tried to pull her wrist back, but Dr. Kwon's grip only constricted further. "Now." Chaerin looked away, not daring to make any eye contact with the snake. 

"No, you need to learn manners and respect." Ji Yong raised his voice, causing it to echo off the bare, sunlight walls. While other parts of the hospital were festooned with posters of happy people laying in hospital beds and a teams of doctors trying to look like the X-Men, this area sported nothing but the Daeyoung Hospital logo. Chaerin always thought those posters were such a load of . Like anyone is really be smiling when they are told they're diagnosed with cancer or that they had a miscarriage. And secondly, doctors aren't all ing smiles and rainbows. 

"Fine," Chaerin needed to get scrubbed for the surgery, and frankly this guy's rambling was annoying her, "I'm sorry for treating you with little respect. Now I have to go scrub for surgery." Again, Chaerin pulled her wrist back. Unlike her first try, Chaerin was jerked toward Dr. Kwon. Ji Yong used his free hand to raise and grasp the confused girl's chin, instantly bringing his lips to hers. 

Chaerin widened her dark brown eyes. It wasn't uncommon to see people kissing, in fact almost every doctor gets around. Some of them even got pregnant. Almost right when Ji Yong put his lips on hers, Chaerin instantaneously pushed him back to provide distance between the two. 

"Now I think you've learned your lesson. Hurry and get to surgery before your patient dies." Chaerin glared daggers at Ji Yong as he finished talking, as he sauntered away, and she continued despite Ji Yong entering into the administration offices out of her view. 

"What a , it's a shame to waste such talent on such an ." Chaerin shook her head in disappoint. Suddenly, her pager started going off. ", she's tachycardic. If she dies I'm blaming that neurosurgeon jerk." Exhaling deeply, the cardio thoracic surgeon circled the opposite direction, and took off running, her heels now pounding with each brisk step she took. 

 

With her mind completely preoccupied with trying to revive the patient, Chaerin couldn't help but have the feeling of Ji Yong soft, tender lips on hers replay in her already spinning head. Even though the affection only lasted for a few seconds. 

And it disgusted her. 

 

 

________________________________________

Hello! So here's the first chapter. I'm sorry it's so short! When I really get into the story, this was a sort of pre-story, I'll make the chapters better. I hope you all like it! Until next time, stay classy and be kind to others! ~Author Ren.