Chapter: X

CL's Anatomy

Clothes lay sprawled across the beige carpet, along with feathers from the French pillows that had become accustomed to just being a formality for owning a bed. Kwon Ji Yong watched his lover's chest rise and fall leisurely as he placed light, airy kisses on up and down her neck. 

"Ow," was the first thing Chaerin said awaking slowly with a raspy voice, hinting that she's been screaming a lot the previous night, "I hurt in places I shouldn't. And I'm pretty sure I can't walk." The second Chaerin finished her sentence, Ji Yong scoped the small girl up in his muscular arms and started towards the bathroom where he had already prepared a hot bath. 

"I'll leave you just soak. Take as long as you need. And I'll be here to carry you around.  I already know you won't be able to walk for a week." Winking in a seducing manner(if that was possible), Ji Yong kissed Chaerin's forehead, exited the bathroom, and left the girl to an awkward silence despite her being the only one in the room to label it awkward.

The steaming bath water stung her frigidly cold skin like a thousand tiny bullets piercing into her. Being alone like this, Chaerin argued in her mind if she preferred to be reclusive or not. Deep down inside of her, something about having someone to tell her he made breakfast or that he'd prepared a hot bath made her feel, feel, better. Simple things that made her feel better.

This now lead her to ask herself the big question.

Was Kwon Ji Yong making her soft?

Was Lee Chaerin losing her harsh, tyrant like ways to some sappy brain surgeon?

Trying to direct her thought away from thay, Chaerin then focused her attend somewhere else.

Outside the big one way windows, Seoul was already awake and buzzing. Chaerin had no idea of what time the was, but estimated it might be around two.

Lee Chaerin hated being lackadaisical, which included sleeping in. 

"I can't do this. I've slacked off enough. The hospital needs me." Using her pale arms to support her, Chaerin was actually in so much pain. Possessing the knowledge of a doctor, she knew very well that a female's first time hurts, badly. Only, she never expected that something meant to be pleasurable could hurt this badly. "Chaerin, quit being such a little and get your up."

Following her command, the woman tried to move briskly. Wet tile floor plus wet feet only means one result. 

Chaerin knew her head was bleeding without even seeing it, but she could handle. As they say, band aids heal everything. All that she needed to accomplish was standing up on her working feet.

Ji Yong specifically mentioned he'd help her,(which confused Chaerin because she wondered why he wasn't at the hospital) but standing was something that she shouldn't need help with. Lee Chaerin wasn't about to demand for help on something as simple a using the muscles in her legs. Asking for help was selfish, it made people seems weak. Everything Chaerin didn't want to be, but everything she'd feared she'd become.

"No, I'm not doing this. I'm not going to become of those legging wearing, Starbucks drinking, Ugg buying, Instagram loving basic . I'm not that. I'm never going to be that." Reaching for the else of the marble tub, Chaerin channelled all her strength to drag herself off the floor. "Come on. I'm almost there."

Right as she about to accomplish her mission, Chaerin stepped on a puddle of water. 

And Chaerin was right back where she started. 

Screaming in frustration, the door flew open a few seconds following her fall and Ji Yong ran in. 

"Chaerin! What the hell are you doing? I told I'd help you." Grabbing a towel off from the closet, he knelt down to dry the miserable girl. 

"No, I can get. You'll get your pants wet." Trying to get up, Ji Yong began to help, but Chaerin refused again, "I said I can get it! Why don't you understand I can handle myself?" 

"Because you can't dammit! You're injured, you need someone to help you! That doesn't make you weak! You say you don't want to be a weak little asking for help, but you're being a little acting like this! So hold still and let me help you! I love you, but your making it ing hard!" Chaerin had never seen Ji Yong mad before, and now she never wanted to experience it again. 

"Is there breakfast?" They've fought before, not to this extent, but they've always been able to proceeded with things normally after the fight. Now Chaerin was so used to acting like nothing had happened. 

"I made pancakes, French toast, and eggs. But I was hoping there'd be seconds of last night's main course." Leaning in slowly, so close that Chaerin could hear his heartbeat, Ji Yong whispered, "You." But on a dime, he began pouting cutely while straddling Chaerin gently, knowing she was still sore. 

"Hey. No, I need food and I'm cold. I'm sorry, but I'm not your toy, you'll have to feed me if you want any of this. And stop looking at me like that!"

"Like what?" Picking her back up, Ji Yong kissed her cheek. 

"Like you've seen my ." Chaerin laughed, a actually genuine laugh. Well, now she knew she wouldn't be sitting around all day, but that may be contradictory because she would be spending the whole day in bed. 

 

Little did Lee Chaerin know just a few blocks away, at her favorite place, her best friend was just pronounced dead.