Chapter: XII

CL's Anatomy

"You have one new message." Ji Yong didn't even flinch at the sound of his cell phone going off, the robotic voice bouncing off the bare walls, almost taunting him. He wasn't going to go check it, and he knew that message wasn't going to be from whom he wanted it to be from. 

 
"You have three new messages." There it was again. The unfamiliar buzzing kept repeating itself as if it was a broken record. "You have six new messages. You have eight new messa-" 
 
"Who the keeps texting me?!" Kwon Ji Yong rarely drank, and now was one of those once in a blue moon times he was extremely drunk. The once flawless room was now covered by a thick cloud of smoke and the smell was unbearable to anyone who hadn't been sitting in for days on end. Nonetheless, the messy blonde ran his had along the bottle covered nightstand in search of his phone.
 
 
From: Park Bom
To: Kwon Ji Yong
Message: Ji Yong, it's Chaerin. 
 
 
Chaerin. He hadn't seen her in months. He didn't even know where she was.
 
 
From: Gong Minji
To: Kwon Ji Yong 
Message: We know where she is. 
 
 
She could be in a new relationship by know. 
 
 
From: Park Sandara
To: Kwon Ji Yong
Message: Get your to the airport in three hours. There's a flight waiting for you that's going Paris. Once there, you'll receive further instructions. 
 
 
"What the hell? Why do they treat this like I'm James ing Bond." As if the deceive in his dry, cracked hand was reading his mind, a new text popped up. 
 
 
From: Park Bom
To: Kwon Ji Yong
Message: Me and Dara are you elders. Get ready right now or else.... We have eyes everywhere.
 
 
"Oh ." Ji Yong knew that Bom rarely got anger or was forceful, but when she was, it's not pretty, "Where is that ing suitcase?"
 
 
* * * * 
 
"The current time in Paris, France is 12:30 PM. Skies are nice clear, and we hope you all enjoy your stay here in the City of Love. Thank you for flying with us." Over the intercom, the pilot spoke his final message to the people the plane. Only, Ji Yong really had no idea what he was saying. The slight hangover he suffered was mixed with jet leg, not to mention the girl next to blabbing on and on about something or other. She looked young, only about seventeen. And even though she was Korean, Kwon Ji Yong simply didn't have the energy to waste listening. 
 
"So, I'm supposed to be meeting someone here?" Questioning aloud, not a soul even looked in his direction. Large crowds of people yelling in French, English, and plenty of other languages pushed their way past the man who was now frozen like a statue. The whole scene passed by like a monochrome blur in the eyes of Kwon Ji Yong. 
 
"Excuse me, Mr. Kwon?" A Korean voice stuck out from the crowd, and Ji Yong spun around to meet the sunglasses covered face of a woman who looked slightly familiar. "I will be escorting you to the hotel Ms. Park has set you up with. If you'd please follow me this way, the car is waiting just outside." Pushing her sunglasses back but just before they reveled her eyes, the porcelain looking female turned briskly, taking off with her heels clicking and adding even more noise to the airport scene. 
 
Outside, a matte black Lamborghini was awaiting them, and also attracting lots of bystanders.  People gazed at him as if he were some sort of caged animal, which was what he felt liked.
 
"I'll put your bag in the back, get in the passenger side please. And if I just may something, your airport fashion could really use some work." Obeying, the woman's command, Ji Yong hesitantly opened the car door with an evil glare on his face. Ji Yong always believed he had great fashion, but apparently not. Now inside, the interior car was just as flashy as the outside, maybe even more. Clothed in red and black leather, the windows were tinted so only people in the car could see out. 
 
"Excuse, but can you please tell my what the hell is going on." After about ten minutes of sitting in absolute silence, Ji Yong couldn't help but ask one of the million questions that overwhelmed his head. 
 
Removing her sunglasses, Kwon Ji Yong noticed that the mature, chic girl he met when he came of the plane was that cutesy, annoying girl on the plane. "My name is Lee Ha Yi, but I go by Lee Hi. I'm Chaerin's step-sister and I also went school with Gong Minji. She was two years ahead of me, but she was the only one that didn't ever try to bully me. I've been instructed by Minji, Bom, and Sandara to help you find that Chaerin."
 
"Isn't that a little mean? You are family." With a rather shocked look across his face, Ji Yong slightly glanced down at his phone, clicking it on to reveal a photo of him and Chaerin as the background.
 
"I don't care, she needs to grow the up. People die all the time, and there was nothing special about it. And holding in anger is like holding onto a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone. You mean for them to get burned, but in the end you're the one with the scar. Chaerin had too many scars. The only time I've ever heard of her expressing herself was when she was with you or Seung-Hyun."
 
Seung-Hyun. He heard Lee Hi keep going, but time seemed to stop of him when he heard that name. 
 
Kwon Ji Yong was always being compared to Choi Seung-Hyun. 
 
And he hated it. 
 
Ji Yong didn't want Chaerin to think of her dead first love whenever she set her eyes on him. If she did think that way, Kwon Ji Yong would have no choice but to disappear from Lee Chaerin's life forever. 
 
Flowing out of his own little world for just a mere second, Ji Yong turned his head to peer out the window, only to see something that shocked him. 
 
"Stop the car. Stop the damn car!" Haulting to an abrupt stop, Ji Yong forcefully pushed the sleek door open and started running. "Chaerin! LEE CHAERIN!" 
 
There she was. Her face was covered by a black hat and sunglasses, but Ji Yong could recognize his love anywhere. 
 
So close, almost there. Just a few more steps and his life would regain its meaning. 
 
"Chae, finally-" 
 
"Who the are you?! Get away before I call the police!" Slapping his sweaty had away, the stranger who was speaking in French turned quickly and walked chicly away. 
 
It wasn't her. It wasn't Chaerin. 
 
Maybe he didn't really know everything about his love. 
 
 
 
______________________________________
 
HIIII. 
Sorry I haven't updated lately, school is a killer. But I'll try to update more.