Chapter: XI

CL's Anatomy

An hour had passed.

 

Which turned into a day. 

 

Then a week. 

 

Lee Chaerin had become so blinded to anything going on at the hospital by Kwon Ji Yong. He went to work with no questions asked, and proceeded to do the same when he arrived home at night. Ji Yong averted anything to do with the hospital with ease, and Chaerin didn't even know.

Chaerin had been in a really great mood the past couple of weeks. She had been smiling again, rarely sat there just staring at her scarred hand like she used to, and Chaerin would now open up little by little. Nothing major, she'd reveal the name of her sister, the pet she had growing up, and what sport she played when she was little. For Chaerin, saying simple things like that was a huge step. 

Ji Yong on the other hand was going insane. Now, instead of being comfortable with Chaerin, he was always focusing on keeping her preoccupied with something so she wouldn't bring up any question about the hospital or Choi Seung Hyun. It certainly wasn't easy for him to be always looking for a different want to keep his love busy, and he had to try several approaches, only to find the perfect three. 

Ways to keep Lee Chaerin occupied: 

Way Number One: , and lots of it. This approach was noticed as successful when Chaerin would crawl in bed silently and start nibbling on Ji Yong's earlobe. To be completely transparent, Ji Yong was surprised that Chaerin always wanted to be intimate with him.

Way Number Two: Daily trips to Bochung Bakery. Chaerin was now more than a regular there, and Ji Yong would put money on the workers thinking she was a stalker or thief of some sort. Now the refrigerator was overstuffed with boxes of Red Velvet cake which Lee Chaerin ate at almost every meal.

Way Number Three: Reading. Every since Ji Yon heard the news about Choi Seung Hyun's passing, he noticed that Chaerin was acting just a tad bit different. Lee Chaein and Choi Seung Hyun were always on the same wavelength, so when something happened to one of them, the other would be effected by it. In this case, it was Chaerin's insomnia. She'd go days without sleeping and the only want to get her to fall asleep would be Ji Yong reading to her. But, half of the time he'd be too exhausted from a hard day's work to read, and the tiny print on the pages would just look like scribbles to him.

Another thing that Ji Yong had discovered was that Chaerin liked fast, expensive cars. For example, his Lamborghini Aventador. More often than not, Chaerin would just leave in the middle of the night with the car. 

 


This cycle went on for weeks, until one late night, when Lee Chaerin once again had tremendous difficulty getting to sleep, she rose from bed and headed towards the kitchen. Even as doctor who doesn't know a thing about diet health, Chaerin knew eating late at night wasn't good. 

"Well, that. I want cake now." Grinning in an evil fashion, Chaerin opened the large refrigerator to pull out half of a cake. It was quite dark at that time, and Chaerin stumbled about trying to find the counter top, much less utensils. Proceeding to find her objective, the counter top that is, the girl set the cake down hastily. In doing so, a brown leather bag fell to the ground with a small thrashing sound. 

", I don't want to wake Yongie(a nickname she only used when he wasn't around), he's such a light sleeper." Pulling the bag off the ground carefully, Chaerin notice a brightly colored envelope with her name written on it. "Hm? What the hell is this, and why is it dated three weeks back?" 

"Leave it. Now." Ji Yong, who was now awake, ordered sternly. 

"No. It's mine, it has my ing name on it." Barking back at him, Lee Chaerin turned the envelope in her hands and ripped it open. "Dear Dr. Lee, I am so sorry for your loss. We all had come to love Mr. Choi Seung Hyun, and his death was quite sudden." It was signed by a doctor she didn't know, but she didn't even read that part. Her eyes were frozen on 'his death'. 

His death. 

Choi Seung Hyun's death. 

Choi Seung Hyun was dead, and Kwon Ji Yong had neglected to tell her. The only other person besides Seung Hyun she thought she could put her trust in betrayed her. Seung Hyun had been her one person, he was her person, and now he was dead. 

"How long?" Standing, the card that was just resided in Ji Yong's bag a few moments ago now lay ripped to pieces on the floor in front of Chaerin's feet. 

"Chae, I'm sorry. I was going-"

Slapping him abruptly, Chaerin asked once again, this time her tone laced with anger, "How long?" 

"About three and a half weeks." Moving his hand to feel his stinging cheek, Ji Yong averted his eyes away. 

"We're over. I thought maybe, just maybe, I had found a person that wouldn't screw me over and then through me away like a was garbage or betray me. But no, you're just like every other bastard out there." While still wearing her pajamas, Chaerin pushed Ji Yong out of her way and stormed out. But she wasn't crying, she was too angry to even think about crying.  

Chaerin believed that it was Ji Yong's fault she's gone soft, but now Chaerin knew she was back. Back to her cold, hateful self. That girl who always was running the show, and no one even tired to stop her. 

Ji Yong wasn't going to stop her, if he dared to try and stop her, their fate as a couple could be even worse than this.