Chapter: XX

CL's Anatomy

Bright light. 

 
 
Burning hot white lights was all she could see. They looked familiar in a way, very familiar. 
 
 
"Miss Lee, don't try to move too much. Your nose was broken in three different places. It'll take some time for it to heal." That voice, that voice also sounded familiar. 
 
"B-Bom? Please tell me this is really all just a dream and what I think happened really didn't happen. Please just tell me that this who thing is a dream." Chaerin groggily sat up in the bed to survey her chaotic surroundings. 
 
It was ER. 
 
The ER of her hospital. 
 
Everything was just the same as the last time she was there. People around about looking for their charts, patients laying in the beds looking like this was the last place they wanted to be. It was all the same. On every other bed, some grotesque(what Chaerin would call amazing) sight sat, waiting for the doctor to get back to them. Chaerin just loved the some gruesome carnage in the early hours of the morning, for that was when all the best cases came in. 
 
"Chaerin, you don't know how sorry I am. It was a complete accident and I understand if you're just ready to kill me right about know." In the same blood red blazer as before, a horrible looking Seung-Hyun bowed his head down while asking for her forgiveness. 
 
"You're right!" Chaerin sprung out of the bed, lunging at him with pillow in head. Jumping right in him, Chaerin thrashed(although she had a pillow, not a stick) onto him with a loud thump. She started m to repeatedly beat him with the pillow, the put it over his tired face a sat on it. "You ing idiot. You could've killed me! What were you thinking! Oh wait, you weren't, because you were too busy drinking from every last ing bottle in that whole damn bar!" While screaming her blonde little head off, Chaerin continued to sit on the pillow as Seung-Hyun squirmed underneath her. 
 
"Really Chaerin? Some get her some restrains, again! And hurry." Barking orders at the interns around her, Park Bom slipped off her heels and proceeded to yank Chaerin off the poor man. 
 
"Let go of me! That moron deserved it! I tried to be less dark and twisty around him, but apparently it wasn't good enough! I knew it was quite dangerous to go out to a bar with him, but being a good friend that I am, I took that risk because I thought that someone had stopped drinking! I guess not." Chaerin pulled her arm out of the grip of Bom and glared at her, "I'm discharging myself. I've broken my nose once before, so I know how it goes." 
 
"Chaerin! Wait! I need to give the dates you come back in-" Bom shouted at her, hoping she would stop. 
 
Chaerin just continued stomping like a wild beast to the clear, automatic glass doors, but then stopped abruptly and whisked around to face the man who by know was still coughing. 
 
"And you! The words I'm saying to you right now, I don't know if they'll hurt, but they'll make you hate me forever and that's why I'm saying them. You were the one who got me through life, but people change. Saying that I'm no longer that y high school girl isn't completely untrue. But after the accident, I was changed into a stranger to myself and everyone around me. I was no longer CL, the intense cardio god who spent her days slicing chests open and breaking sternums. I became Lee Chaerin. The same Lee Chaerin that had to dissect my own pig because nobody else wanted to be with me. The same Lee Chaerin that never got asked to prom in high school because guys were too afraid of me. I didn't have my identity anymore. And the one to help me find myself again was Ji Yong. You never there for any of it! The reason I chose Kwon Ji Yong was because he made me feel like myself again. He never babied me, he just let me be me. He wasn't afraid to pus me out of the comfort of my nest. When I was around you, I always had to the sane one. If I lashed out, you'd either have an episode or start seizing. And now that you're better, I don't know how to be around you. You're acting like someone that I don't even know. You're acting like the same people who shunned me in high school. Whenever I'm with you or whenever you appear out of the blue, the black, depressing clouds come to rain horrible events and luck all over me. So please Seung-Hyun, leave me alone. Leave me alone, leave me alone, just leave me alone. And don't come around anymore. I know I called you, but know I see that that was a mistake the second I hung up and I also now realize that I can't be your friend anymore. Goodbye Seung-Hyun." 
 
Turning once again, Chaerin slowly put each foot in front of the other, taking baby steps away from him. She knew he was crying, but she also knew she just had to let it all wash away. 
 
 
 
Lukewarm water rained down on her, but she didn't care one bit. 
 
In the large, marble shower sat a drenched Chaerin, still wearing the red gown that she wore to her mother's mansion yesterday afternoon. 
 
That day, mixed with today, were the worst forty-eights hours she's ever experienced. 
 
Well, maybe not the worst day. The actually worst day in her whole entire life was the day of the accident. So along with that, Chaerin's worst experience in the history of her life was laying, helpless, under a car while she waited for the ambulance to come. Her worst experience was laying on the pavement, not being able to move, and just having to lie there staring at her mutilated hand.
 
She waited. And waited, and waited. Chaerin waited for them to come. But more specifically waited for him to come. Back around that time, even though she absolutely despised him, Chaerin could tell that he was different. And it's not a talent of hers(because this applied to herself), but one of her few talents was seeing though people who had the same façade as she did. Chaerin found it almost childishly easy to see through people who were the same type A as she was, no matter how opaque they made themselves seem on the surface. 
 
And now she sat, idly, while water from the shower poured down in her as she sported a stolid look. 
 
Sure, it was cold. And sure, she was probably ruining her dress. But seriously, if you had a day, no life like Chaerin's, being cold and ruining some stupid ball gown in really the least of your problems. When you've lived a life like Chaerin's, you know longer worry about the stupid things that regular people tend to worry about. When you've been berefted of a loving childhood that everyone else around her got, body temperatures are almost nonexistent. 
 
When you're Lee Chaerin, you worry about weather your post-opt will spike a fever and go into lung failure because they're working too hard. Then you began to worry of their heart will alright once the fevers down because it worked so hard to give energy to the lungs. Things to worry about including regaining function of your right hand, the hand you use to operate with. And you also worry about your boyfriend running away with some beach blonde, big ed ty girl and dumping you on the side of the road as trash. Dumping you like you're of no use, so he is giving you away to whoever wants you. 
 
In short, she didn't worry or frankly care about water temperature or that her dress was strictly dry clean only. 
 
Chaerin looked up, breathed out one last time, and rose. She warily turned the knob all the way to the right, shutting the now what was started to be cold water off. Her pale, slippery hands grasped the small zipper on her back and yanked. The whole red ensemble slid off her and landed on the tile. Chaerin opened the door, stepped out of the shower while grabbing a towel, and began to wipe all her makeup off. She usually never went out unless she donned her thick eyes makeup, but now, Chaerin just really didn't care.
 
 
 
"Chaerin? Hello?" 
 
"Hi Ji, how are the states?" Chaerin wore her scarlet sweatpants that Ji Yong gave her for Christmas and a oversized shirt that had the word "Ciel", sky in French, written on it in cursive. "It's been fine here." 
 
"Well, I haven't been to the hospital yet because there was huge snow storm. I'm going snowboarding in an hour with some other doctors. I'm completely in the dark about what kind of surgeries I'm dealing with at the hospital, but it's alright. How are? Are you doing alright?" Ji urgently cut to the chase and wanted to know everything about what happened to Chaerin in the two and a half days that they'd been apart. It was driving him crazy not being able to talk to her every moment of everyday. 
 
"Well let's see, my mother disowned me again, Seung-Hyun punched me, oh and I'm no longer friends with him. Pretty normal day-" For spilt second while preoccupied with the phone call, she about her hand forgot and stuck out the right hand she had not been using out to pick up a glass pitcher of water. She held it for a half a second before it went smashing down to her feet, cutting them. "!" Chaerin dropped the phone, picke and put a large share of glass with right hand. Because it weighed less, she was able to hold it, but not every firmly. The shard slipped in her clammy hand, now cutting her hand. 
 
"Chaerin?! What happened?! Please tell me if you're alright!" Ji Yong yelled desperately into the phone as her heard soft crying on the opposite line. 
 
Within a few moments, all the noise on the Seoul line vanished and it went utterly silent. 
 
He breathed out, gripping the phone so tight that he thought his hand was going obliterate it into tiny pieces. 
 
"Ji Yong, excuse me a moment. I need to give myself stitches, I have a few lacerations. Call you later." The woman's tone was completely calm, not giving any sign that she had been cut all up and down her feet. 
 
"Chae! Chaerin please tell me what happened! I'm here for you!" Ji Yong yelled into the phone, hoping to stop his lover from hanging up. 
 
"Before I go, promise me something? Promise me that while you're away, you're no going leave me. That you're not going to run away with some other girl. Promise me?" 
 
He started to laugh, giggling into the phone, "I will never, ever leave you. Never. If I ever to leave you, I would die. It'd be suicide. I love you." 
 
Chaerin clenched the phone, sniffed gently, and responded: "I love you too." 
 
 
 
______________________________________
 
 
Hehe, my story was originally only supposed to be twenty chapters, but there's not way I can end like that. Lucky lucky readers! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ