Chapter: III

CL's Anatomy

"Call the chief, Dr. Kwon, and Dr. Park! Oh, and get the OR prepped for emergency surgery! Now!" One of the doctors yelled during the time the that the EMTs were unloading Chaerin from her location in the back of the ambulance. 
 

While this whole messy scene was unfolding at an expeditious, the patient laid down on her back and stared up at the bland white ceiling. Chaerin's breathing was normal, and her expression remained the frigidly cold face she usually spotted around the hospital. One thing, however, was clearly and humongously off about the blonde haired, blood stained woman. 

She was laughing hysterically.

"Look-look! I can, I can see my bone!" The distressed, but oddly happy, girl howled. "Bones are so boring, why would anyone want to become an orthopedic surgeon?! Because it's easier that cardio? Wimps!" Chaerin continued to laugh, or what other people would classify as screaming. 

The team of doctors noticed her psychological state was clearly not normal or balanced, so one of them turned back, "And get me a pysch consult after surgery too!" Every doctor, intern, and nurse just kept their eyes glued to surgeon, each person more incredulous than the next. Each being watched their once teacher or student get rushed away to a currently waiting operating room. 

 


All that Dr. Kwon had heard was that there was a car accident, and one of the victims had an open bone wound, which then lead to the obvious assumption that the patient was now suffering from nerve damage as well. But what didn't know was the identity of said patient.

Scrubbing his hastily, Ji Yong hastened his steps to operating room while wearing his special made 'one of a kind' scrub cap. Embarking on a surgery that he was well aware would take hours, Ji Yong took his first good look at the patient he would be perform surgery on. 

Taking a small glance at the person on the table, he observed that it was girl. She was pale, but her skin covered in dry blood resulting in Ji Yong's inability to try and identify her. The information he had obtained while on the way to surgery (he didn't know if the doctors weren't telling him more or they really didn't know) was that she was a doctor here. 

"Dr. Gong, do you know who this doctor is?" He started to question the closest person to him, a young anesthesiologist just starting her medical career. 

"Why do you care? Ugh, it's Dr. Lee Chaerin. Can't you see her hair is distinctly the honey blonde it always is." Dr. Gong hissed. Dr. Kwon become motionless, his whole body filled to the brim with fear and shock. 

"Ah, I get to work with the lovely Dr. Kwon." A woman with jet black hair and a corn covered scrub cap mocked sarcastically. Dr. Park Bom was the top orthopedic surgeon in the nation, and one of the most 4D doctors out there too. 

"Isn't there someone missing?" Ji Yong inquired right before that person came barreling into the surgery. 

"I'm here! Sorry I'm late!" Bowing while apologizing, Bom started laughing at her. 

"Look who decided to finally show up! You're late Dr. Sandara." Dr. Gong Minji smirked, but turned back to her serious façade within seconds. 

Dr. Sandara Park worked as a general surgeon at Daeyoung Hospital for little over a year, "Now hurry everyone. This girl is going to have a long night just like we are." The brunette commanded.

Breathing in slowly, Dr. Kwon performed his pre-surgery ritual like most doctors did. 

First, he cracked his neck. Following that came his knuckle cracking. After the cracking, he closed his eyes and stayed silent for ten seconds. To be completely honest, Ji Yong ha no idea how this loosened him up for surgery, it just always had. 

And particularly now, he needed to be on his game, he needed not to think about who that patient was as much as saving the patient. There was absolutely no way that Ji Yong would be so inattentive that he would make an error causing for complications after Chaerin's surgery.


"Her hand is broken in at least six different places, and there's got to be more breaks by her wrist. She'll have a hell of a time recovering." Dr. Park Bom commented while she contemplated Lee Chaerin's hand. Bom sighed quietly, backed away from the girl on the table, and removed her gloves. "I'm done here. She's going to need some grafts, then I'll finish her hand. 

"I can't do anything more either," Dr. Kwon took off his loupes mounted glasses, "I'll have to get different nerve grafts also." Concluding his statement, the room became hushed in an uncomfortable, but understandable, silence. 

"Dr. Kwon," Dr. Gong Minji spoke with a barely audible voice, just enough to break the silence, "Will, will Dr. Lee every be able to operate again?" 

That was question everyone in the room was wondering, but they were too intimidated to ask it. 

"I-" Dr. Kwon began before his words were served off by Dr. Park Bom. 

"That doesn't matter now. Dr. Sandara Park says that Chaerin only sustained minor injuries to her internal organs, which she was able to secure so they can heal. Lee Chaerin is very lucky that her heart wasn't injured in that crash. So I think we're all done here. Don't tell her anything about her hand." Bom took off the her blue surgery gown and threw it in a red container, then proceeded to the automatic sliding opening door.

 


"Chaerin. Chaerin wake up." Whispered a smooth, husky deep voice. "CL you need to get up, there's a woman here who need to talk to you." Now the voice was a bit louder. 

Chaerin opened her eyes to be meet with an airy room. Almost seconds after she opened her eyes, they darted to her hand with was wrapped in tons of bandages. 

And all the memories came back. 

Lee Chaerin remembered laying under her car for at least half and hour, just staring dully at her crushed hand. The feelings she felt when she was able to move one hand, but not the other. And then the feeling when the ambulance came as well as the fire department, when they removed the car only to uncover her mangled, bloody hand. 

It was just like a broken record. Replaying over, and over, and over. 

For some reason, Chaerin starting throwing her hands about the space around her where Choi Seung Hyun sat. Her palms slapped against his face and hands, only to grab them in his grasp. Chaerin started to fidget even more and tired to use her legs to kick him. 

"Chaerin! Stop that this!" Seung Hyun's voice became increasingly sharp, almost completely strident. 

"Mr. Choi. I'd let Miss Lee be." Dr. Ku Hye-sun rested her hand on Seung Hyun's broad shoulder. Dr. Ku was a top psychologist, and a very sensitive yet friendly doctor. "I can already tell you that she is suffering from reactive psychosis, though it's difficult to tell how long it'll last. I'll send in someone to get restrains on her. Chaerin's psychical pain main be gone, but her psychologist isn't. I suggest talking to Miss Lee normally, like nothing is wrong." Dr. Ku Hye-sun read over the chart at the front of the bed, flipped a few pages, then set it down and left. 

"That's the cruelly facetious thing about the emotion pain, it seems to blur any other emotion so it can be demanded forceable to be felt. But you, you never let anyone know that you're ever in agony." Finishing, he peered at Chaerin's mundane eyes at the same time Seung Hyun grabbed her hand and interlocked it with his.