Chapter: VIII

CL's Anatomy

Neoplasm.


Known more commonly as, tumors.


To be more precise, tumors are an abnormal growth of body tissue and can be cancerous. 

 

"Medulloblastoma?" 

Slightly nodding his head, the doctor continued, "This type of tumor almost never occurs in the Frontal Lobe and Temporal Lobe. But after studying your scans a bit, we can say that the tumor has been there for some time. Lying in wait for the ideal time to rear it's ugly head. And now it's malignancy is astonishing." 

"Is that a good thing?" Seung Hyun's thick eyebrows furrowed to complete his confused look. 

"Not at all. You know that a brain tumor your size and how developed it is is almost impossible to treat. You also know that this tumor wasn't the real reason I came to talk to you." Kwon Ji Yong looked his patient square in the eyes, as if saying there was way to more his visit. 

"Gosh, you're such an archetypal person. You try to be this exemplary surgeon, when in fact you're a very tactful man. So please, say your little piece sir G-Dragon." Siting up more in his hospital bed, Seung Hyun gave a inappreciable smirk. 

"You've known about this tumor for months, haven't you? Chaerin was the one who claimed she was to blame for being distant, when in fact it was you who was being asunder. And I'm almost positive that you were the one who got her that job at Mayo Clinic. Imitating a doctor there, the chief to be exact. You went through that whole trouble to get ride of Chaerin, but now your plans are screwed up because of her accident." Ji Yong didn't intend to sounds as sassy and malevolent as he did, but as he spoke more, it just poured out.

"Damn it. Damn it. I caused her accident, didn't I? She's gotten so much worse because of me-" Seung Hyun averted his eyes away from Ji Yong by tilting his head towards the floor. 

"That's not true," Ji Yong interrupted, "you didn't cause it. It was fate, destiny, what ever you want to call it. Lee Chaerin was meant to get into that car accident on that day in time. You didn't have anything to do with it. In fact, you might've helped her. There could've been a more worse fate for you her than a simple car accident had you not pushed her out of the nest so she could spread her wings. Sometimes the person you'd take the bullet for is behind the gun." 

"I know. So please, don't tell her anything. I know I'm not going to live long enough to see her big moments. And even if I'm not physically there, I'll still walk her down the aisle." 

Ji Yong stood abruptly, "Don't say that! There's a chance you good survive the surgery." 

"Oh sure. Like a 3 percent chance." Seung Hyun had always wanted to be the one waiting for Chaerin as she walked down the aisle, but now he started to realize that the man in front of him might be taking his place. "Tell me, do you love Chaerin?" 

"Yes. I promise to always love her." Ji Yong responded instantly. Ji Yong had never loved anyone, so he was really clumsy at this crazy little thing called love. 

"So if you do. Would you ever consider marrying her? I want to make sure my Chaerin is going to be well cared for. We've known each other since grade school. My parents died in a car accident when I was fifteen, and Chaerin's parents disowned which lead us to buying a place." Seung Hyun moved his head to now stare out the window at the falling rain. 

"How'd she get through med school? It's not cheap."

Bringing his hand to his chin, using on finger to tap his chin while he thought, "Well, you see Chaerin's mom had been married before, but that man left her and Chaerin when she was fourteen. Her mother went into a really deep tailspin, and Chaerin had to do everything to keep her mother from going off the real tipping point. CL was forced to look after herself and her younger sister. After about two years of that, Chaerin had it, so she up and left, I didn't see her for six months and I'm still not sure what happened at that time. She won't talk about it. When she came back, CL told me she had acquired a small fortune. Chaerin wouldn't tell me how much money she had come about either. When she came back, her mother had remarried. That lead to her mother wanting her to be a simple housewife, for the man to do all the work and the woman sit at home. Her mother's idea of a good life didn't sit with Chaerin."

"And that's when she left for real?" Ji Yong was surprised, and for some unidentified reason took a bit of pity on the story. 

"Yes, but she hates when people take pity on her," Seung Hyun announced right as Ji Yong thought, "I don't know why, but she just hates it. Along with that, it is relatively easy to decipher the code that is Lee Chaerin. That girl will try her hardest to be anything but transparent, which rarely works. First, when she gets angry, watch out. You've only seen some of her anger, the real stuff is one hundred times worse. The way to tell if she's angry is Chaerin will do the cutest thing where she raises her eyebrows while folding her lips in." Seung Hyun grinned at the thought of her. 

"Woah, slow down. I got to get this on paper." Kwon Ji Yong stood and ran to the desk just outside the room to retrieve a pen and paper. "What's next?"

"Her favorite food is red velvet cake from this little bakery tucked between the never ending skyscrapers in downtown Seoul. It's called Bochung Bakery, and she's a regular. It's almost impossible to tell when she's hungry, the reason being she hates asking for things. But the one tell tale sign is her hands. CL rubs her fingers together when she wants food. Next, CL is not a morning person. Never wake her up-"

"Why? What will happened?" 

Seung Hyun's eyes grew wider while reminiscing, "Unexplainable things. Never do it. And as I told you before, she suffers from insomnia. CL has pills, but she hates taking them. Lastly, and the most important one of all. If you ever, ever, bring this up, CL with actually kill you unmercifully. Trust me, I know." 

Intentionally focusing on the brunette, Ji Yong's pen itching to write the final procedure of handling Lee Chaerin.

"Always, even if it's not funny or you don't get it, laugh at her jokes." Seung Hyun's face was washed over by a wave of fear, and it even looked like he broke out in a little cold sweat.

"What the hell man? That's it?! That's what I have to do to keep her from killing me? Yeah whatever, I'm sure I'll be fine if I don't laugh. Anyway, I have surgery in twenty minutes." Ji Yong rose from his spot in the chair and proceeded to the door. 

"Hey, G-Dragon! If you so much as look at another woman or treat my CL badly, so help me I will come back from the grave just to kick your until the day you die. Now go." Intimidation, works every time. 


Ji Yong lifted his sleeve to check his watch, realizing there was still some time to visit Chaerin. Today after this surgery, him and Chaerin would be driving to his place together.

"Chaerin-ah! Get ready, after surgery we'll be going." Reliving his gummy smile, Chaerin looked up. 

"Hey, how do you make an egg roll?" Chaerin's lip curved up faintly while speaking. Chaerin didn't smile very much, or laugh, so this was a very recherché. 

"Ummm, how?" Ji Yong was scared out of his freaking mind at Chaerin right now, and didn't even know how to respond. Ji Yong wanted to test the theory that Seung Hyun never told him to test. 

"You push it!" Chaerin erupted into laughter, falling back onto the bed. Only, Ji Yong didn't laugh. He didn't even crack the tiniest little smile. To be completely honest, Ji Yong thought that was the stupidest joke he'd ever heard. But there was no way in hell he'd say that. 

"I don't think that it's funny. Not at all. Sorry Chaerin-ah." 

Worst. Mistake. Of. His. Life. 


To put it in appropriate words, Dr. Kwon Ji Yong was late to surgery that day.