Chapter: XIV

CL's Anatomy

"Excuse me," A deep, husky voice interrupted, "but can you please point the way to Rue coeur?" Pushing his sunglasses up back just before they reveled his eyes, the male smiled a gentle, warm smile down at the young girl. 

 
"Sure," Lee Hi was surprised that he was speaking Korean, but nonetheless she also felt relieved. The man looked strangely familiar to her, like she'd seen in a lot in the past, but she couldn't put her delicate finger on it. And she especially wouldn't forget a guy with that kind of jawline. Pulling out a sheet of paper, Lee Hi wrote down the directions hastily.
 
'For I am yours, and you are mine'. Those words would forever be tattooed across his heart. The man kept those words so close to him for those were the words she wrote on the inside cover of the first book she ever gave him, A Tale of Two Cities, which now resided in his jacket pocket. 
 
 
*     *     *     * 
 
"Why don't you try your bad hand?" Ji Yong, who lay lasciviously on the bright leather couch, stared over at Chaerin. She also lay on a bright leather couch, keeping herself occupied by throwing a small ball against the wall with her left hand. The partially covered window left a glazy, iridescent light covering the whole room. 
 
Glaring over at the shirtless man, Chaerin rolled the ball into her right hand. She never used it, not even for the little things. Raising her arm up, Chaerin chucked the ball to Ji Yong, but her hand didn't work causing the ball to go crashing into a group of coffee filled cups that fell to the ground with a large thrashing noise. 
 
"It works." She uttered. 
 
"For real? Why? Just why? There's coffee on the floor." Ji Yong sighed internally, but wasn't all that surprised. In the past few weeks since he's been in Paris, he noticed Chaerin had grown a certain propensity. Although he wasn't sure is it was actually natural or not. 
 
Silence set in, not a word being shared between the two. 
 
It wasn't exactly awkward, more annoying to Ji Yong at that. He was used to Chaerin not saying a word most of the day, but today was different. Her hair was covering most of her face, and she donned all black. 
 
"Chaerin, I'm going to go for a run. Stay here and please don't strain yourself." 
 
"Don't tell me what to do. Please, go." Running her left hand through her hair, Chaerin rose quietly and headed for the bedroom, then called for her maid. "Charlotte, draw me a bath with lavender and honey scents. And don't let any visitors in please." 
 
"Yes Miss Lee." 
 
 
*     *     *     *
 
Walking down the streets, his face was covered by sunglasses, a scarf, and a mask covering his lips. 
 
He couldn't let anyone know who he was, even though no one would be suspicious, there was no way that he could ever take any chances. 
 
He knew where he was going, but every time he arrived there, he couldn't bring himself to go inside. Or even go and ring the doorbell. He had to wait, wait for just the right moment. It'd come, he just had to wait.
 
Whilst deep in thought, he neglected to pay attention to where he was going and ran into a familiar looking man. 
 
 
*     *     *     * 
 
Ji Yong walked down the street, stress dominating his thoughts. 
 
'What's going to happen to her? Should I take her to a hospital and have them look at her? Or would that make it worse?' He thought while music filled his ears. 
 
Whilst deep in thought, he neglected to pay attention to where he was going and ran into a familiar looking man. 
 
A very familiar looking man. Even though his face was almost completely covered, Ji Yong knew he knew that man from somewhere. But he just couldn't put his finger on it. 
 
"Impossible." He whispered to himself, "He's dead." 
 
*     *     *     * 
 
Lee Chaerin breathed in, then sunk below the water inside the deep bath. 
 
What was the point now? 
 
She wasn't happy, and she didn't know how to be happy. 
 
The only thing that ever made her happy was being in surgery, holding a beating human heart in her hand. 
 
Having the power to decide whether someone lives or dies. Having the power of a god. 
 
It seemed selfish, but it was completely and utterly true. Chaerin liked being the center of power, and Ji Yong wasn't allowing her to be. He treated her like a little, incompetent child. 
 
Now that she actually let the subject sink into her thoughts, Chaerin wondered what happiness was and if she actually had ever been happy with her life. It had handed her the crappest deck, life that is, but she never complained. Chaerin used all the all the that had happened in her life as motivation. 
 
Her lungs screamed for air, but her brain told her that she'd soon become numb, and to just wait. 
 
Wait just a few more seconds, then it'd all be over. Her suffering would come to an end, her enteral question of happiness would be left unanswered. 
 
 
"Miss Lee!!!!" A voice screamed. Chaerin couldn't tell if this was someone trying to revive her, or if this was her on her way to the afterlife. 
 
"Chaerin, please wake up. I'm back for you." Another voice, a deep, husky one. One that gave her a slight chill every time it called her name. "Chaerin."
 
Opening her eyes slowly, a blurry figure appeared just inches in front of her face. He was shrouded in black clothing, a hat covering his hair.
 
"S-Seung-Hyun? You're, you're supposed to be dead. Does this mean, mean I'm dead too?"