Chapter: IV

CL's Anatomy

(A/N: This chapter takes place three weeks after the accident and surgery.) 


_____________________________________

"Chaerin used to have this hospital wrapped around her little finger, and now? Now she seems completely peregrine." Scorned an intern. A large group of the interns had formed an audience outside Dr. Lee Chaerin's room. Inside the room, she lay, unmoving, eyes emotionless. 

"The Queen of Hearts has finally fallen off her throne. " The remark caused an uproar, the whole group laughing wildly. But, what the interns failed to notice was that Miss Chaerin's door to her room was wide open. 

Meaning she heard it all. 

During the time she was sleeping earlier, someone must've left a glass jar full of different assorted sweets next her bed(and this person probably didn't know her well for if they did, they would've known she strayed from eating candy). Moving her arm in a swift, almost confidential, way, she grabbed the jar and flung it in the direction of the doctors with much force. If it wasn't for the interception of a thick, glass window, those doctors would've become patients at the hospital as well. The jar hit the glass with a loud crash mixed with the sound of breaking glass. 

The group flinched, and fled the scene as fast as they all could. 

Dr. Kwon Ji Yong had been at a desk near by looking at different charts, and from time to time stealing a moment to glance at his patient. He'd been to focused on either his paper work or Chaerin to really listen in on what the doctors were laughing at. But when he heard the glass smash against the window, Ji Yong only guessed their snickering was the root of Chaerin's violence. Having harbored feelings for Chaerin since the day he saw her, Ji Yong tossed his work aside and went to aid his first love. 

"Chaerin! Are you alright?" 

Silence. 

Kwon Ji Yong leisurely closed his eyes, brought his hand to his forehead while pulling a chair next to her bed. Investigating the scene by where he was sitting, Ji Yong saw that his gift was used at the weapon. The candy lie in the ground, still unopened. Ji Yong knew that Chaerin never ate candy, so the only reason that he brought that candy was because there was no other "get well" items given to her. 

"Chaerin," the doctor leaned closer to the girl on the bed, his holding a bit of an unintentional lascivious tone, "You need to stop this. I'm sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but I want my Chaerin back. Dr. Ku said that you'd be back to normal two weeks ago. You're clearly ambulant, so please just take a walk with me. I wouldn't prate, all I want to do is walk with you. And I promise I would try to elicit anything from you. So, come with me?" His eyes pleaded, but the girl didn't even move to look at him. It was like she was a statue, frozen. 

Lee Chaerin could hear that someone was talking, and recognized Ji Yong's face, but the words just went into brain like a cluster of noises.

"Chaerin! Chaerin!" Ji Yong laid is hand on her shoulder, and gently jerked, trying to get her attention. "Please, I promise I'll be here for you. I'll alway be there to pull you out of whatever hole you've fallen in." Dr. Kwon noticed she didn't even blink , so this time he bowed and put out his hand. He didn't know if Chaerin would notice his hand, let alone accept it. The girl laying in the bed shut her eyes, and subsequently reached out her hand in Ji Yong's direction. 

"Help." A hoarse, almost inaudible voice breathed out. 

Ji Yong's eyes blinked a couple of times, then just stared at Chaerin, "Yes Chaerin. I'll always be there to help you." The blonde man grasped the girl's hand and aided her out of bed. "Come on. I know where we can go." 

 

Light shimmered against the iridescent multicolored glass windows. The glimmering light shun onto Chaerin honey blonde hair, giving the effect that her hair was rainbow. 

"This part of the hospital is really only utilized by the nurses that need to walk patients around for different needs they might possess. They decorated it with stained glass to make it more welcoming." Ji Yong explained a big about the area they were in, and ceased his talking. Prior to their walk, Kwon Ji Yong assured Chaerin he wouldn't blab on and on. Some might've found it a bit awkward to see a girl with bird's nest hair, a huge arm cast, and an inexpressive face. 

This whole event took Ji Yong off guard, but none the less he would enjoy this stolen moment in time. Even though Chaerin spoke, it was one word and that didn't mean she was entirely back to normal.

No, Lee Chaerin would never be back to normal. She'd never be the old Chaerin.