Chapter: VII

CL's Anatomy

"I can't," a voice whispered through heavy tears, the whisper turning into a shriek, "I can't hold a scalpel!" Echoing off the walls, only more screaming followed, "I'm such a failure! Somebody just kill me! I'm done with all of this ." Chucking the scalpel at the wall, the tool clattered onto the cold tiled floor. On the table standing in the middle of the room lie a cadaver, chest wide open. Next to the table, a pair of shoes sat soaked in water mixed with blood lie. One of the heels of the shoes was broken off and not even present. Scuff marks covered the heels, indicating they had been well worn out. The heel to the opposing shoes looking like it could give out at any moment like it's twin. 

"CL!" Seung Hyun was the first one to run into the morgue and discover it's occupants were a dead man's body and the missing girl. "CL, please calm down." Seung Hyun exactly sure why he still used hypocorism, but it'd just turned into a habit. 

"No," Know Ji Yong walked past him, hands stuffed in the pockets of his pants, "Let her act so tumultuary. She's nothing now." 

Seung Hyun's eyes widened suddenly at the insult, the wild temper he possessed getting ready to go off."You better shut your ing mouth before I shut it for you pretty boy." 

"Be my guest. Chaerin is now some washed up has been surgeon who already had her five seconds of fame. Face it, you're never going to be anything." A smug smile crossed his lips will he stared down at Chaerin with pity. But still, all she did was lie their and take what he said, "No wonder your parents didn't want you. Not even Seung-Hyun wants you." 

Tears started rolling down her cheeks with no intention of stopping, for now she really had lost everything that ever mattered to her. Chaerin let it slip away from her all so quickly, so easily. Just like that. 

"You're right Ji Yong. I'm absolutely nothing now. No one wants me." Chaerin glanced at the scalpel in the corner of the dark room, but quickly averted her gaze away. 

"So what are you going to? Sit and cry and give up like a little ? Or are going to get your up, get you ing act together and try to recover? You still have a damn good chance of being able to us that hand again, but you're not even trying get better. So I'm telling you, get your together, or get the hell out of the hospital." Ji Yong despised raising his voice, but this case almost demanded a stern, aggressive tone. 

"What's the damn point?" She returned his yelling, only louder. "I can't hold it with my hand shaking or it hurting like hell. I want, I want to be a surgeon. That's the only thing I know, the only thing I'm good at." Softening her voice, Chaerin reached her hand out for Ji Yong to grasp. 

At that moment, Seung Hyun finally understood. 

He couldn't help Chaerin, his first love. Their was nothing he could do or say that would help her recovery. If he stayed around any longer, he'd just be more of an obstacle for Chaerin than a supporter. Seung Hyun had to release the person he'd cared for for so long into the grasp of the only one who could make her herself again. 

Seung Hyun had to let go. 

In that moment, Seung Hyun had lifted all the weight of worrying, caring, and loving off his shoulders. And it felt horrible. Seung Hyun had to fade without a trace from Chaerin's life quickly, which killed him. 

"I must get going now. If I'm gone for too long, they'll think I ran away. Goodbye, Lee Chaerin. Please, take care of yourself." The last time he'd ever say goodbye to her. This was their last goodbye without Chaerin even knowing it.


The last time he'd ever smell the sweet scent of her perfume. 

The last time he'd ever hear her sweet voice.

And the last him he'd gaze into those infinite brown eyes, losing himself in their beauty until the alluring owner would smile ever so slightly, the corners of her lips just curving up to give hint to one of her million dollar(but rare) smiles, and ask what he was looking at. 

It was all over. 

Now Choi Seung Hyun was the one who'd lost his world in the blink of an eye. In the blink of her eye. 

Lee Chaerin had been Seung Hyun's Polaris. Guiding him with her bright light, and now that light was fading away from him. Even though he reached out for the light, he knew he'd never have it. All he'd have left were the memories. Memories were never enough. You can't touch the people in the memories. You can't talk to the people in the memories. You can't even tell them you love them. 

"Chaerin," right before he closed the door, he looked back with one last request for her, "remember to smile for me. Even when I'm not with you, I will always want to see you smile." And that was the last time they'd ever see each other. Seung Hyun stopped just directly outside the door, breaking down the second it shut with a thunderous bang.

The love of his youthful days was ending just like that. Seung Hyun wished nothing more than for Chaerin to be happy. And even after a long time passes, he wanted her to remember that they both had each other back then. So from now, until the end of time, he would be eternally missing her. 

"Chaerin-ah," now in a faint, hoarse whisper, Seung Hyun called out to no one, "Chaerin-ah I love you so incredibly much. And now I know what true love is. Thanks to you I was able to experience love to it's fullest even if you never felt the same way. So please Lee Chaerin, please just remember me ever now and then."


"I'll always be standing by you, even if you can't see me." 

 

_____________________________________

First off, happy Friday to my readers and I hope you are well!

Oh. My. Gosh. 
Even as I was writing I was balling my eyes out, and it's not easy to make me cry with a story. I'm sorry to those who wanted SkyTempo to prevail, and sorry to anyone who cried(I think I'm the only one). If you read carefully, towards the end I mixed in some of 2NE1's "Missing You" lyrics. 

Please continue to support the story! And this isn't the true end to Seung Hyun, just between him and Chaerin. 

Ever stay safe and God bless! 

                        ~Author Ren