Chapter: XXI

CL's Anatomy

The robotic sound of a waiting call resonated throughout the dimly lite, messy room. Because each blind was completely, there was absolutely no light enetering her den. None of the many lights was on and the only light source illuminating the space came from the soft TV glow and the small cell phone in her hands. Plastic water bottles and empty boxes of cereal alon with various pieces of clothing were lying all over the place.

She hadn't been outisde that bedroom in weeks, not after what happened with Seung-Hyun and her mother. It seemed like anytime Chaerin mustered up whatever courage she had to leave her(Ji Yong's) place, something horrible happened. It was really just her luck, but it just getting old. All her life, luck had never luck on her side, only it seemed that especially in the last year and a half the hand she'd been given was worse than every before.

"Hello, Chief speaking." A man's voice suddenly barked on the other line.

"Hello? It's, me. Lee Chaerin. I was wondering if it's if I could come tomorrow to start physical therapy. I'm ready." Chaerin needed something to fill the void while Kwon Ji Yong was gone. Something to keep her occupied from thinking about Ji Yong and wondering what he was doing eve though she called him everyday. Lee Chaerin isn't the needy type, she just really wants to make sure that she isn't losing her love. Again.

"Dr. Lee, are sure? It's not going to be easy at all. Can you handle it?" He breathed out, and finally began to speak.

"The best things in life are never easy to get to. I want to be with Dr. Park Bom. She is the best and I trust her with my recovery. See you tomorrow." Throwing the phone back down on the bed, Chaerin searched the darkened room for the remoted. Hastily standing up, Chaerin clicked the button and the soon the blackness began to fade. Blinking a few times, Chaerin took a few steps back, tripping over something that littered the floor. Chaerin fell the floor, unable to stop herself from falling with her right hand.

Chaerin hadn't cleaned in some time, but amidst cluttered mess, she noticed something under the bed.

It was the T-shirt that Ji Yong wore the day of the whole pool and friend meeting episode. It didn't surprise her that the shirt had ended up under the bed for she was still finding feathers from the pillows all over the place. Chaerin pulled the shirt close to her face, and breathed in. Oddly, the still the scent of his cologne his lingered in its fabric.

"Ji Yong, when you come back, I'll be stronger." Breathing out, Chaerin dropped the shirt, Looked aroudn the room, and finally came to decision that she needed to trash everything of hers that had bad memories attached to it.

That meant she'd really be getting rid of everything she owned. But, if it meant it'd help her get better, she'd do it. By the time Ji Yong got back to Korea, Chaerin wanted to be a stronger, more independant girl so she wouldn't have to rely on Kwon Ji Yong so much. It really was the least she could after eveything Ji Yong had done for her. Chaerin needed to become strong for him in case things went south for him.

 

 

"Yong, call me when you get thr chance. I'm heading the hospital. I'm not sure when I'll be finished with mu phsyical therapy. So um, love you? Bye." She hung up the phone, turned it off, and took a another step towards the large building. "Okay, just a few more steps. You're almost there Chaerin, come on." She whispered to herself. Unlike last time, Lee Chaerin was now only a mere five steps away from the automatic doors. Each step brought back some horrible memory that she made here. Each one flooded her mind, and as much as she tired, there was no way to push them away. Chaerin was just going to have to deal with each one of them.

"Ah, Chaerin! I've been waiting. Come on." While walking past, Bom noticed the girl standing outside and ran to her. "We need to get started right away." Bom grabbed her left hand and pulled Chaerin towards the hospital.

"Wait Bom, wait! I don't want-" She stared in  protest.

"I told you there's no time to waste! Hurry up!" Bom yelled back and yanked her towards the familiar elevator. As Chaerin was being dragged against her will, she looked at everything. Same walls, same floors, same stupid posters, the same everything. And the only thing that wasn't the same was that Ji Yong wouldn't be there to rescue her if something bad happened. Which she was kind of thankful for. If she ever wanted to get even close to being her fromer self, Chaerin couldn't have someone swooping in to fix everything any time she messed up.

That't not how real life worked.

"Bom, how long before I can operate?" Chaerin gripped her bag tighter when she asked that question, half her wanting so badly to know and the other half hoping that the doctor wouldn't say.

"Woah, woah, woah. Calm down Chaerin. Before we can even talk about operating, you need learn how to hold a template again. It's not going to be-"

"Yeah, yeah. I know. It's not going to be easy, I've heard the speech. Can we really just get to the treatment please? I know I've got a long way to go from here."

"Where's Kwon Ji Yong? He's usually following right behind you in situations like this one." The evelator dinged, making thw two aware that they had reached their destination.

"He's gone. Leave it at that!" Chaerin looked away and exited the elevator, trying to empty her mind of Ji Yong.

"Well then. We have some people you're going to be working with. A brother and sister, Chanhyuk and Suhyun. Then some cancer patients that had limbs amputated. Their names are Kim Jinwoo, Lee Seunghoon, Song Min-ho, Kang Seung-yoon, and Nam Taehyun. These people are your new support group." Just as she finished talking, Bom backed and revealed Chaerin's new groups. "You will each support each other in this journey. Get used to each other, you might be here awhile."