Epilogue: Part II

CL's Anatomy

Most women loved being pregnant. 

 
Not having a care in the world other than that alien (as Chaerin would call it) growing inside of their stomach and being able to eat whatever they want. No judgment, no responsibility, no nothing. 
 
But then again, Lee Chaerin was not most women.
 
Lee Chaerin absolutely hated being pregnant. She always saw how all the people treated her like she was going to go into labor any minute, even in the early months of her pregnancy. Chaerin was the one to always take pity on people, not having people take pity on her. Even before she knew she was with child, the girl never really ate anything, never finding the time to. Being a doctor, you put everything else after surgery, which included eating. And now even though she had all the time in the world, Chaerin would forget to eat until Ji Yong would come home and shove some food down her esophagus. Much to her disapproval and protest of course, as usual.
 
The second thing she hated was having people always worrying about her. Anywhere she went, Ji Yong always assigned one of his friends to accompany her. She knew it was just out of love and wanting her safe, but Chaerin detested it. Chaerin had been on her own for as long as she can remember before Kwon Ji Yong waltzed into her life and ed it up (in an amazingly good way), so she really knew how to take care of herself. Maybe not good care, but Chaerin sure as hell could take care of herself. She really didn't need help, but Ji Yong insisted, which also made her angry. 
 
Kwon Ji Yong had advised her to go on maternity leave early because she had grown so big. And when she disagreed more than several times, the neurosurgeon took the only way out. He went to the chief and forced him sign off on the papers to put her on leave. When she learned about this, Chaerin was pissed as ever. Sure she was almost as big a whale, sure she was working twelve or thirteen hour shifts, but she could handle it. 
 
                           •          •          •          •
 
"Where do you need to go today? Anywhere? If you don't I'll just leave and tell Ji Yong you weren't feeling well." Youngbae ruffled his already messy blonde hair in front of mirror as the other blonde flipped through pages of some maternity book that her girlfriends gave her at the surprise baby shower they threw. The baby shower at which Chaerin accidentally punched out Bom's sister because she was the closest one when Chaerin kicked opened the door. 
 
"I need to go shopping. I know this is only going to last a little bit more, but I still need clothes. And a better bra." Chaerin turned the page and to the chapter on actually giving birth, then hastily slammed it shut. 
 
"Damn Ji Yong is lucky that he gets those. Do you still do it when you're pregnant?" A smirk crept its way up his lips like he was the living Cheshire Cat or something. 
 
"None of your ing business. Get a girlfriend and find out. I can go out on my own, just lie to Ji Yong, okay?" It was getting old. Having all these boys come to be with her and ask her ridiculous questions or make idiotic statements. "I'm going to be fine and Yong won't find out. Thanks for at least being here and attempting to be helpful." Hoisting herself up, Chaerin gave Youngbae one last annoyed glance.
 
"I do have a girlfriend." Youngbae yelled before exiting her home. 
 
Chaerin didn't really need to go shopping, she just wanted to rid herself of the incompetent loser's presences. She entered her bedroom, which was filled with so much baby crap she wondered if it could be considered livable or not. When Chaerin was able to get sleep, it wasn't here or in her old room. Honestly it was on the fuzzy rug in the living room with windows surrounding it completely. Something about being submerged by the city lights helped her sleep and made her feel like this baby was being born into a beautiful world. Chaerin knew that the world wasn't that way, but pretending, even for a couple of hours or even a night made her feel better. Made her feel like that she made the right choice not running or hiding. Reassurance that she could try her best to protect and love that child. 
 
That they could do this. Together. 
 
 
                             •          •          •          •
 
 
Friday, April 17, 2015. It was raining that day. Not pelting rain, but a little pouring that allowed you to go outside without getting drenched. Chaerin loved this weather. She wasn't required to lug an umbrella around when she left the house and the park always looked the prettiest in this weather. Flowers just starting to bloom, leaves beginning to grow back on the trees. Spring was her least favorite season, but there was no denying that it was pretty. 
 
Spring was the season of birth, things coming back to life. It disgusted her frankly. 
 
 
Three weeks earlier, Ji Yong requested time off so that he'd be able to look after Chaerin as the due date drew closer and closer. And currently she was laying on the ground, specifically the big red and white fuzzy rug that she was so used to sleeping on. Chaerin couldn't sleep, so she was forced to listen to the soft pitter-patter of the rain against the rooftop. 
 
Now it possibly could've been her imagination or that she hadn't gotten a goodnight sleep in about a week, but Lee Chaerin could've sworn that there was a dripping between her thighs. 
 
"Kwon Ji Yong! Get your smoking hot in here!" Chaerin screeched. She wanted to prop herself up, but the weight of her stomach made it seem impossible. "I think, I think-"
 
"You're water just broke." His hair was messy, which made him look even hotter that usual. Sleep was written all over his face, causing Chaerin to fell a bit guilty of waking him. 
 
"And all over the rug. Ji Yong I'm sor-" She began. 
 
"Stop. Don't do that. We need to get you to the hospital. I'll get your bag." 
 
"I have a bag?" She questioned as he helped her up, "Since when?"
 
"I prepared it. I knew you wouldn't do it." He rushed into the other room, grabbed a medium sized bag, then grabbed his wife's hand to help her. 
 
"Towel. I don't want to get your car dirty." Turning, she staggered towards the bath. 
 
"Lee Chaerin! Come back. I don't care about anything other than you and that baby. I want both of you safe and I'm not losing either one of you. Now come on." Chaerin wasn't used to seeing Ji Yong like that, so it made her really . It could've been because of her hormones, which were through the roof, or it could've been her lack of sleep, but she was just really really by him. If she wasn't pregnant, Chaerin would crawl into that bed and most likely not sleep. 
 
                           •          •          •          •
 
"You , you , you !" Screamed a female voice. "This hurts like hell! Why did I let you do this to me!"
 
"I'm really sorry Chaerin, but you need to push for just a little bit more. Then you can sleep all you want." 
 
"Why did I let you me?! Damn you Kwon Ji Yong." Chaerin squeezed his hand even harder, probably making it lose feeling. She had been in labor for seven hours, and now that thing was ready to come out. 
 
"Because you know how I great I am." Ji Yong whispered though a little bit too seductively then he wished. 
 
"You're still trying to get into my nonexistent pants! you, you know!" With one last push, a crying was added to the already chaotic room. 
 
"Good job Miss Lee you're all done. It's a girl, you have a beautiful, healthy baby girl." The doctor smiled at the couple before bringing the baby to be cleaned. 
 
"Iseul. Her name is Iseul. Kwon Iseul." Chaerin used the back of her free hand to wipe the growing sweat from her brow and began to breath normally. 
 
"Iseul, after the rain." Ji Yong noted quietly. "Iseul, our first child. Our new family." 
 
"Yup. She's ours and is always going to be. I'm always going to love you Know Ji Yong." At that moment, the doctor brought the baby back and handed her to her mother, "And I'm always going to love you Iseul." 
 
 
_____________________________________
 
Ahh, here it is! So comes their daughter and their lives are changed forever. 
 
For any who wanted to check out my new story, here is the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/932094/i-didn-t-want-you-but-i-needed-you-2ne1-angst-bigbang-romance