Chapter 30

LOVE IS ALWAYS AROUND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re ready?” Yuri asked as she gathered her stuff from her desk.

 

“Yeah! I’m done! The contract’s ready. You and unnie can just sign it at the restaurant.”

 

“Great! Thank you baby.”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

“Let’s go home and get change for dinner.”

 

“Sure!” Yoona said.

 

Yuri could still sense that Yoona is still seem to be very uncomfortable going to this dinner tonight.

 

“Are you okay?” Yuri asked once they are inside the car.

 

“Yeah. I’m alright.”

 

“I’m sorry!” Yuri said and kiss Yoona’s hand.

 

“It’s ok baby. I’ll be fine.” Yoona gives Yuri a reassuring smile.

 

After they got change, they left. Once they reach the restaurant, they only saw Jessica and Taeyeon, Mr and Mrs Im are still not arrived yet. 

 

Yoona’s parents had specifically choose to dine in the open instead of the VIP room because they wanted to be seen with Kwon Yuri.

 

“Hi Unnies!” Yoona greeted.

 

“Hey Yul! Yoong, I’m glad you decided to come.” Taeyeon said hi to Yuri and hug her sister.

 

“Well, I can’t avoid them forever.” Yoona said.

 

“I understand how you feel, but I’m glad that you came no matter what the reason is.” Taeyeon said and Yoona just give her sister a small smile which Taeyeon returned.

 

“Hello Yuri! How are you?”

 

“Hey Sica! I’m good. And you?”

 

“I’m good too. Sooyoung and Krystal will be back from US next week.”

 

“Oh really? I miss that Shikshin.”

 

“Yeah well I think we should gather together with all our friends since you know last time it didn’t go well.” Jessica was talking about the last time when they were supposed to join the wedding, but the accident happened.

 

“Yeah! Umm how about having barbecue at my place this weekend?” Yuri suggested.

 

“What are you two talking about?” Taeyeon join the conversation.

 

“Yuri suggested that we should have a barbecue party at her house this weekend with all of our friends.” Jessica said.

 

“Yeah last time when you all came to the wedding, we didn’t get to have the wedding party, so I was thinking about throwing a small party.” Yuri explained.

 

“Are you sure it’s a great idea Yul?” Yoona cautiously asked. “What about your dad?” Yoona whisper the last question.

 

“It will be fine Yoong. Don’t worry about that.” Yuri said making Yoona smile cheerfully and it makes Yuri smile to see Yoona lighten up at the thought of finally be able to see their close friends.

 

“I’ll give everyone a call tonight then.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Thank you Tae!”

 

“Oh but Tiffany won’t be there.”

 

“She will be there. She just arrived in SEOUL this morning.” Yuri said.

 

“Oh you didn’t tell me that. Where is she?” Yoona asked.

 

“She has some work to do, but she will be staying at our place, so you will see her tonight.” Yuri said and Yoona finally got why Tiffany’s here.

 

“Okay!”

 

“Hello kids!” Mrs Im said bringing all the attention toward her and Mr Im.

 

The kids stand up and bow to say hello to the elder.

 

“Have a seat everyone.” Mr Im said and took a seat.

 

They had dinner in one of the restaurant that is known for business people to meet up. 

 

“It’s nice to finally meet you CEO Kwon!” Mr Im said.

 

“It’s an honour to meet you too, sir!”

 

“CEO Kwon is young, but you are very polite and well educated. I wish we have met earlier.” Mrs Im said and Yoona couldn’t help but snickered under her breath at how fake her parents could be.

 

“You praise me too much Ommoni! And you can just call me Yuri.”

 

“Yeah Yuri-ah, it makes us feel closer calling your name, right?” Mrs Im said.

 

“Yeah! We are all family after all.” Mr Im added.

 

“Nae!” Yuri smile politely while Yoona tried her hardest not to talk back at her parents. “I’m sorry we didn’t inform you about the wedding. We didn’t get to do much. We just registered our wedding at the city hall because as you know our marriage have to be keep a secret for the moment. I hope you will understand about my situation.” Yuri said.

 

“Of course we totally understand. You don’t have to worry about that. As long as we know that our precious daughter is under your care, that’s enough.” Mrs Im said making Yoona look at her ridiculously.

 

“Really Omma? I’m your precious daughter now?” Yoona’s hand turn into a ball as she ask her mother the question.

 

“Yoong!” Yuri tried to calm Yoona down by squeezing her hand.

 

But Mrs Im couldn’t reply when someone came and interrupt their peacefulness.

 

“Well well well… What a nice evening! It’s been a long time Ommoni, Appo-nim! How have you been?” Lee Seung Gi said making Mr and Mrs Im feel very uncomfortable, but they still manage to smile back at him.

 

“Wow what a small world. We are doing good! What a chance to run into you here Seung Gi?” Mrs Im said.

 

“Oh I’m joining my father in law for dinner. I see you also have a family gathering over here. Oh wait! We are all family now right? Since Yoona is married to Yuri. Right little sis?” He said and turn to meet Yuri’s eyes. He approached her and lean closer to whisper. “I wonder how the reporter and shareholder would feel when they know that this young and hot CEO is actually married to a woman?”

 

Yuri didn’t say anything, but her eyes are burning as she glare angrily at him.

 

“Relax baby sis. I’m not gonna throw that card out now, so you are safe for now. By the way, nice to see you again Yoona! I hope we could meet up soon.” He said and winked at Yoona who also give him a dead glare. “Enjoy your dinner everyone!” He said and walk toward his table.

 

“Oppa! Who were you talking to?” Yura asked.

 

“Oh nothing honey! I just said hi to my step-sister and her in law.”

 

“Oh Jinja? Should I go say hi?”

 

“No no it’s ok. You don’t need to greet that low life.” He said and she turn to look at Yuri’s table and it isn’t hard to spot Yoona.

 

Yura knows a lot about Yoona. She even did the background check on her because she had a crush on Seung Gi for a long time even when he was still going out with Yoona. And Yura hates Yoona a lot. Even now she still hate the girl because she knows that Seung Gi has never forget about Yoona even after they got married.

 

She knows why Seung Gi got married to her, but she doesn’t mind about his intention because she believe that she could make him fall in love with her and forget about Yoona, but now that she finally saw Yoona and the look in Seung Gi’s eyes, Yura knows she could never win Seung Gi’s attention when it come to Im Yoona.

 

*

Back to Yoona’s family dinner, the atmosphere is so awkward that no one want to talk, even Yuri tried her best to be calm and act normal after she saw her enemy. 

 

“Right Umm Tae… the contract is ready. Should we sign it?” Yuri asked trying to break the awkwardness.

 

“Yeah unnie, why don’t you sign it so that we could leave?” Yoona coldly said surprise everyone at the table.

 

“Don’t you think that you are being very impolite right now Im Yoona?” Mrs Im asked.

 

“Really? Impolite? Omma, I’m not being impolite, I just couldn’t take any more of these fake act from you.” Yoona said and pull the contract out from her bag and turn to Taeyeon. “Look unnie, you can just sign it and give it back to us this weekend. I’m sorry but I have to go.” Yoona said and start walking away.

 

 

“Yoong!” Yuri tried to stop her, but Yoona didn’t seems to listen. “I’m sorry for tonight Ommonim Apponim.” Yuri bowed politely and turn to Taeyeon and Jessica. “I will see you two this weekend. Have a good night!” Yuri said and rush outside.

 

She ran as fast as she could to find Yoona, but the girl is no where to be found. Yuri ran toward their car and found her body guard ran toward her.

 

“Miss Kwon!”

 

“Where is she?”

 

“I’m sorry miss Kwon! We tried to stop her but she jump on the first cab and we lost her.”

 

“You lost her? What the heck were you doing?” Yuri grab his collar angrily.

 

“I’m really sorry miss Kwon.”

 

“If something happen to her, you will be sorry. Now give me the key!”

 

The man hand Yuri the key and bow as she drove away leaving him there. He knows better than trying to stop Yuri.

 

Yuri drove around aimlessly trying to find her wife. After driving around for an hour and realise that it’s useless. She tried calling Yoona so many time, but her phone was turn off, so she can’t even ask her security team to track her down.

 

“Damn it!!! Make sure to do whatever it take to find her!!!” Yuri scream at her phone before slamming it on her kitchen table.

 

“Yul?” Tiffany just arrived and was surprise to see Yuri so angry.

 

“Oh hey Fany!” Yuri tried to calm down and said hi.

 

“Is everything ok?”

 

“Yes! Urgg No!”

 

“What’s going on? Where is Yoona?”

 

“That’s the problem. I don’t ing know where she is.”

 

“Hey Calm down! Tell me what happen.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter